Trader Rating: (0)
Been told to stay away from #495.

cheers.
Old 28-06-07, 14:22   #27
I&J
Player

Car: BT1 '88, Group A SS '88, V6 Hilux '06, VP Senator 5000i
Hmm, just curious cause it and a few others have been there for a while and still there are quite alot of WTB enquiries coming through on this site.
Old 02-07-07, 19:23   #28
HDT777
Player

Car:
Hi all, Looking to purchase WALKINSHAW. Must have all Books etc. KM's not an issue. I have $50K or thereabouts. Thaks Ash. aseisun@optusnet.com.au or 0405 060475.
Old 03-07-07, 17:55   #29
sly
Player

Car: Flash suzuki sierra
Well it seems i will probably sell mine at the end of the year. Dont want too but i want the morgage on my house gone among other reasons. My car is identical to the one on australian muscle car sales for $130,000.What i will sell my one for i dont know. I will watch the market between now and then and advertise a respectable price. Expecting between $100,000 and $150,000. But i might be way of.
I can however understand people asking higher money for premium cars.Just like phase threes. Why would someone sell a ho for todays value when in a year it would be worth a lot more. Thats what pushes the prices. People have to offer more to get people to let go of a car.Some of australias top collecters do this and they actually state that often they have to offer a price for a car that is closer to its value in a years time not its current value.
But i believe this is only relevent in rapidly appretiating examples that see tens of thousands of dollars increase in value in short periods. Walkinshaws i believe arent quite there yet.
Old 03-07-07, 19:27   #30
I&J
Player

Car: BT1 '88, Group A SS '88, V6 Hilux '06, VP Senator 5000i
You've realised an unbelieveable amount of appreciation Sly, probably never to be repeated again under the same circumstances.

All good to clear the home mortage, I would take it while you can.
Old 03-07-07, 19:40   #31
sly
Player

Car: Flash suzuki sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by I&J
You've realised an unbelieveable amount of appreciation Sly, probably never to be repeated again under the same circumstances.

All good to clear the home mortage, I would take it while you can.
Thanks mate. But sad fact is once i sell i will never be able to get back in the market again.But i still cant leave a huge debt over my head when i have something that could pay it off.Sad decision but still the right one.But who knows i might win the lotto and keep it any way. If i was to hold on and wait till the next boom around say 2025. Thats a lot of interest on my home loan between now and then.
Old 05-07-07, 21:28   #32
disco
Player

Car: VL Walkinshaw
Personally I think the chances of finding a Walkinshaw in $50K range is getting hard.

It may be different out West, but on the East coast cars always command a premium.

My insurance broker has finally agreed to review my agreed value, now my Walkinshaw is covered for $75K.

cheers,
Dave.
Old 05-07-07, 21:52   #33
HDT777
Player

Car:
I still believe $50K or THEREABOUT to be a fair price for a WALKY.
Old 05-07-07, 23:41   #34
cwreck
Player

Car: Hi-lux
Trader Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLUSIV
No offence, but a 148,000km Walkinshaw isn't worth $75k today. It would be on the border of $50k.

I understand that it might be worth more in the future, but I don't see how you can say, "I'll sell it for $75k now, because in 3-5 years it will be worth $75-$100k".

You either want to sell it now, or keep hold of it to make some money in the future.

This is what is driving walky prices up. People asking way too much for their walkys now, and some are paying it, due to the fact they can't afford a better example car. It's a vicious circle really.

Either way, good luck if you are looking to sell, or if you are intending to keep it.

Cheers,
Craig
we are all different and think different-

so i reckon we can all ask different prices-

in a technical point of view-why to car dealer's that sell b/new cars-why does their price differ-??
are they not selling the same vechile-

some want to make money-some feel they offer better service and some feel if they give a discount they will sell more

i want this $$ he wants that price $$$ so what-

i also believe it is good that others drive price's up whether or not some feel its a investemet or to some that drive around with pride knowing they have something that worth good $$ and wanted by other's.

not to many cars going around with a big hype-whether or not price goes up or down-well we dont know that -we can only guess and say it a couple of years it will be worth such and such-

also-we must remember the walkies have swapped may hand's-so black luck for those who wanted one or had one kicking themselves-

they should have bought them when people were selling them cheap-

but again we are different-could have-would have blah blah-

we keep going around in circles-how many times have we said on these forum's-other think its worth that-so let it be-

all this discussion about walkies is starting to piss me off-if joe-blo gets 1 mill for his good on him-better for us-

so whats the problem here people?

is every walkie worth the same-if not why are we telling others theirs is not worth that-unless there is something shifty etc etc being the exception-

we also forget the longer we hold on to it it will always be 50/50 game -it also gives people wanting one to save and come up with more cash-and it might go up in value from year to year-

also when i bought mine 4-5 years ago-i busted my ass for 6 months straight 12-15 hour days to come up with the money-

so if i was to put it on the market again why would i want to give it away if the times are good and people have the cash-?

Last edited by cwreck; 05-07-07 at 23:54.
Old 06-07-07, 16:35   #35
YBJLS4
Gold Members

Car: 88' Calaisturbo, 87' Calais 355, SV88 Walkinshaw Build#164
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via ICQ to YBJLS4
hey fellas, finally gathered some money together. VERY keen to buy a walky, am willing to pay for a good example, low kms... original condition (may also consider a slightly modified one) but MUST have books and matching numbers..
Koray... cheers
location of vehicle is not important as i am willing to travel for the right car
plz pm only
Old 07-07-07, 18:22   #36
Wanawalki
Player

Car: VY Monaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanawalki
HM from Melbourne, h.macfadyen@internode.on.net, looking for near original with books, not concerned about KMs, reasonable condition, looking to spend $35 - $40k. 0419441213, Cheers.

Still looking (like hundreds of others by the looks of it) for a walky, will consider any examples, but must have matching numbers/books. Willing to spend around $50k - $55k. PM me or email heath.macfadyen@boq.com.au

Cheers
Old 09-07-07, 16:23   #37
YBJLS4
Gold Members

no easy task.. i'll give ya that much. been looking in the papers and car clubs for a while now
Old 19-07-07, 23:13   #38
eusman
Player

Car: VL calais and XTrail TiL
Hi there,

I'm a genuine buyer looking for a original walkinshaw. Low Kms , logbooks , history and matching numbers would be nice. Anything at the moment. Sale price is up to my wife . You can contact me using email as I work 12 hour days 6 days a week. Best to use the hotmail address.

eussen@hotmail.com anamark@bigpond.com
Old 22-07-07, 15:00   #39
YBJLS4
Gold Members

*bump* STILL VERYYYYY INTERESTED