Jazza88
Player

Car: RX7 Series 8
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to Jazza88
Jazza88's Silver Series II Calais Turbo

Hey Guys,
Here is my series II Calais turbo.

It has had a complete rebuild with Arias forgies and standard rods that were ballanced etc.

On the exhaust side it has a custom top mount turbo manifold, Turbosmart Pro-gate and Garrett T04 turbo with braided oil and water lines. The exhaust gas then exits via a full 3" exhaust system.

On the Intake side 20psi of boost travells down to a 600x300 intercooler then up the other side through an xf throttle body and into a front facing plenum made by Duz360.

For fuel it uses the standard intank pump which fills a boot mounted 3L surge tank and then goes through a bosch 044 pump, standard pressure reg, VPW fuel rail then 600cc Powerflow injectors.

Engine management is via an Autronic SM2

The turbo auto box was removed recently and an MX7 is going in atm with an exedy heavy duty cussioned button clutch.
The Diff is being done at the moment aswell with a minispool and 31 spline billet axles.

Apart from the drivetrain the car has a top of the range Clarion in-dash DVD touch screen, Clarion front 6" splits and Pioneer 6x9's. In the boot is a Rockford fosgate 450W 4 chanell amp that powers the speakers and a 1300w Audiobahn amp that powers two Cadence 15" subs.
An Xbox 360 also calls the boot home, and soon I will be mounting two Clarion screens in the back of the headrests. Wireless 360 controllers are also used.
A top of the line alarm system is also installed but I wont go into that.

Im trying to keep the car as much of a sleeper as I can, so externally Its just clean silver paint with polished calais rims. The car was droped via pedders sports ryder springs, koni adjustables and a pedders pan hard rod.

All the work is being done at once, So I dont have any pics yet of all the gear in the car. I should be getting it back in about two weeks and I will get some up asap.
Here is some pics of the car when I first bought it

Here is the motor sitting in my other car. It sat there for a week before chewing up the turbo auto box, When it came out I changed the turbo setup and plenum etc aswell

and one of my old one so you can see what I dont want!!

C&V Performance
Extreme Turbo Manifolds
Jazza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-06, 12:55   #2
Jazza88
Player

got the car back...I will get some pics up soon, Few things have changed since I wrote that i.e Malpassi reg with gaugeinstead of the standard one and a Limo instead of locker.

C&V Performance
Extreme Turbo Manifolds
Old 12-12-06, 18:25   #3
Jazza88
Player

Finnally got some new pics.....theyre dodgey phone pics...ill get some proper ones on the weekend.

The pics really dont do it justice.... Im using one of leighs plenums, which has been sent off to him to get changed a bit because it had issues with bonnet clearance. All thats left now is to wire up the Autronic and tune it. Will be goin hard soon!!

C&V Performance
Extreme Turbo Manifolds
Old 26-02-07, 16:52   #4
Jazza88
Player

added turbosmart dual stage boost controller and MSD 6A ignition, Car is tuned and running, made 250kw atw with 14psi, leavin it at that untill I have run the engine in a bit more then turning it up to 20psi untill I can afford a new turbo

C&V Performance
Extreme Turbo Manifolds

Last edited by Jazza88; 26-02-07 at 16:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-02-07, 17:03   #5
ATMO_BT1
CT Allstar

Car:
Trader Rating: (29)
looking great mate, i spotted you in your old orange vl down the shire way ages ago i was in a mates black sil80 i beeped n **** and you looked but it was so long ago no way you'd remember haha.. gonna bring it out cruising sometime soon? What power did it make? What turbo is that?
Old 01-03-07, 17:45   #6
Jazza88
Player

I sold the orange one a fair while ago, so it could have been the new owner.... As soon as its regoed ill be comin out. Its a T04, made 250kw on 14psi, gonna tune it at 20psi in a couple of weeks.

C&V Performance
Extreme Turbo Manifolds