Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 22-10-06, 19:38   #1
VLCT88
player

Car: VLII Calais Turbo, BKII Mazda 3 MPS
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to VLCT88
Just Got Defected!!!

Just coming home from a mates house in the heart of Glenelg and i got defected at a "Random Vehicle and Licence Station" Yea thats right it was real "random" in the 15 mins or so i was standing there i saw nothing random about the choice of cars they pulled in

Got Defected for my steering wheel (which the dumb cop didnt even know if it was illegal or not but put it down anyway) and my BOV. I asked why i couldnt just take it to the cop shop to get these simple defects cleared and his response was "we arnt qualified to remove defects" and my response was "well why are u qualified to put them on if cant take them off" dont think he liked it.

So yer off to Regency now with matt at least twice my guess is and im not real happy bout it... ****en Wanker Cops!
VLCT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-06, 19:48   #2
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]

Car:
Trader Rating: (4)
best thing to do is say go for your life mate but once she goes thru regency dont bother tryin to defect me again.

all cars are defectable so im told evan brand new ones.

what do you have?
NASTY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-06, 19:52   #3
vladl
Player

Car: Morning blue vl calais turbo S1, XW GT Replica alloy headed clevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLCT88
Just coming home from a mates house in the heart of Glenelg and i got defected at a "Random Vehicle and Licence Station" Yea thats right it was real "random" in the 15 mins or so i was standing there i saw nothing random about the choice of cars they pulled in

Got Defected for my steering wheel (which the dumb cop didnt even know if it was illegal or not but put it down anyway) and my BOV. I asked why i couldnt just take it to the cop shop to get these simple defects cleared and his response was "we arnt qualified to remove defects" and my response was "well why are u qualified to put them on if cant take them off" dont think he liked it.

So yer off to Regency now with matt at least twice my guess is and im not real happy bout it... ****en Wanker Cops!
Mate i hear what your saying but i actually got a good one today.I was driving back from the country turned left off of Pt Wakefield Rd onto Montague rd accelerated up to 90 odd kays and what would you know a copper on a motor bike pulled me up.Now for those of you not familiar with that stretch of road, a couple of years ago it used to be a 90 zone but they have since changed it to a 70.So mr plod pulled me up gave me a $269 fine checked my rego and sent me on my way.Things he could of defected me for was having VY 18's, sports steering wheel and front mount.I guess i was kissed on the **** by a fairy today.You win some you lose some.
vladl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-06, 20:10   #4
Blink
Sensible Since 21/05/2009

Car: RB30ET
Trader Rating: (21)
Send a message via MSN to Blink
**** man, sorry to hear dude

Book in, and get the defects off and you will be ok man.

We could make it a date?
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-06, 20:15   #5
SPRIGZY
Player

Car: VL CALAIS TURBO.(GLDJET), 2004 vy calais,2002 vx calais,98 jeep
Trader Rating: (70)
ud like that to much.
Old 22-10-06, 20:37   #6
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladl
Mate i hear what your saying but i actually got a good one today.I was driving back from the country turned left off of Pt Wakefield Rd onto Montague rd accelerated up to 90 odd kays and what would you know a copper on a motor bike pulled me up.Now for those of you not familiar with that stretch of road, a couple of years ago it used to be a 90 zone but they have since changed it to a 70.So mr plod pulled me up gave me a $269 fine checked my rego and sent me on my way.Things he could of defected me for was having VY 18's, sports steering wheel and front mount.I guess i was kissed on the **** by a fairy today.You win some you lose some.

**** peice of rd i always travel on it for work.always radars behind trees and always cops on bikes in the median strip.

what do you have?
NASTY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-06, 20:49   #7
vladl
Player

Car: Morning blue vl calais turbo S1, XW GT Replica alloy headed clevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY1
**** peice of rd i always travel on it for work.always radars behind trees and always cops on bikes in the median strip.
Notice how they sit on roads that should actually be posted at much higher speed mo fo's.
vladl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-06, 21:00   #8
tubbed1
9.02 @ 155mph

Car: 650kw vl turbo race car (R.I.P), calais turbo wagon,vl calais s2 sedan
Trader Rating: (8)
saw u on the side of the road, i was trying my hardest 2 get pulled in but they just keet lookn at me drive past... u should know there in force there every sunday tho mate
WWW.BIGPSI.COM
tubbed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-06, 22:11   #9
Class87
Player

Car: Factory VLCT 87 Update
Trader Rating: (0)
I thought we live in a free country? Nobody should be scared of driving down a strip like the bay on a beatiful day, especially if you are'nt doing anything wrong. I bet we could cruise the main strip of baghdad and not get defected.....maybe blown up but not defected! SAPOL need to get things into perspective:

*Catch murderers and rapists and armed robbers
*Defect cars with bald tyres, smoky exhausts and life threatening faults
Old 22-10-06, 22:18   #10
NSNPWR
Gold Members

Car: 8th Gen Civic...VLT BT1 mock up uleh : /
Trader Rating: (23)
Quote:
*Defect cars with bald tyres, smoky exhausts and life threatening faults
totally agree man, complete BS that we cant do a lap of Glenelg on a sunday without gettin singled out....my mates Dad refers to SA as the Nazi state...its fast becoming one.
Old 22-10-06, 22:42   #11
Class87
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndup
totally agree man, complete BS that we cant do a lap of Glenelg on a sunday without gettin singled out....my mates Dad refers to SA as the Nazi state...its fast becoming one.
It has got far worse in the past few years. I am not joking when I say that 10-15 years ago when I first got my license we used to cruise all day and night with no probs at all - the cops only ever defected you if you were being super stupid or a super smart arse. We got pulled over a couple of times on Anzac doing 80-100kph next to each other and the coppers just told us to chill out or else they will bust our arse next time.

We can partly thank the influence of the vic, nsw, and qld cops, as well as a large number of ****heads in fast imports and VN commodores killing themselves frequently around oz, for our police state.

It is hard not to tar all cops with the same brush but I know there are a lot of good cops and alot that just love defecting peoples pride and joy - I overheard a conversation at the Austral once where a couple of undercover cops were bragging about the cars they defect in the city. Motorbike police have a particularly large chip on their shoulder......
Old 22-10-06, 22:51   #12
VLCT88
player

yer these were all motobike cops looking nice and homo in their leather pants... could tell they were pricks when i popped the bonnet and all 3 of em looking all smiled at each other when they saw the BOV
Old 22-10-06, 23:05   #13
Class87
Player

I got pulled over for no reason in Currie st a few months ago and the cop gave me a random breatho then told me my car was too low - I thought 'her we go'. He then said that because I did nothing wrong he was not going to bust my balls. The farked thing is my FE2 suspension is standard but still sit nearly an inch too low. If only all cops were cool like this one.......
Old 22-10-06, 23:46   #14
BT
398@25psi E85

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to BT
same happened to me and clay in his r33 we got pulled over and they were going to defect him for the bov and his gauges on the A pillar but as clay was cool calm and collective the cop said just go home and take it off iam not going to break your balls as u are not giving us a hard time for pulling u over but he did say if u would of got out of the car and gave us attitude we would of laughed and sent u to vis

damn these were cool cops .
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLCT88 View Post
Its not running yet ya magic poof gimme a month or so!
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-06, 14:02   #15
spirit77
Your Momma !!!

Car: Toy Celica GT4
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to spirit77 Send a message via Yahoo to spirit77
Sorry to hear Levi.

Unfortunatly glenelg is getting that way now.
Just drive sensibly around the corner and wait for the copper to pull you over and defect you.

Eventually there will be less cars cruisin glenelg.
Which is perhaps what the locals want.
Less cars...
But cars have drivers. And drivers spend money. Food , petrol , drink etc.
In the long term , less cars cant be a good thing for the local's.
spirit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-06, 17:58   #16
RZREKTD
Player

Car: Datsun 120Y (Cruiser). Ferrari 458 Italia (Daily)
Trader Rating: (1)
totally agreed... my vl's been defected for 8 mths now. i was pulled over by 1 of those cops in air tight pants on a bike. i was doing nothing wrong either. discrimination against nice looking vl'z i reckon
Old 23-10-06, 19:23   #17
VL_BT1
Fly Boy

Car: VL BT1 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLCT88

What steering wheel? most momo wheels are fine with regency, just get a letter or compliance from car toys on port road, thats what i did.
Bov's they always bust you for unless their plumbed back in.

Check this out as well. A mate of mine got defected in an r32 for bov, seat belts frayed and guages in wrong place. the cop goes to him when he gets back to the station hes going to check on the rego of the vehicle and see if its been defected for those items before, and if it has he'll get another fine or some ****. dont know if it happened or if the cop was talking it up.

just keep **** legal - if you wheels are too big get them engineered. dont have a bov unless its plumbed back in. keep the ride hight just on the limit and **** like that. the cop who got me said they cant defect you for things mechanical, only saftey issues n ****e.
Old 23-10-06, 21:27   #18
427vlc
Player

Car: Vp Calais
Trader Rating: (3)
i nearly got done on sat nite i was driving down the parade there was a cop on a bike behind me i did a legal u turn signilad and all, he came up 2 me at the lights and told me to pull over.

my car is on superlows front and ultras in the rear and i had a full car, we all got out the car for a smoko (cop had a smoke to) rego n lisence check sall good. Then he goes mate your car looks a bit low, the only rule i knew about was 100mm off the ground at the lowest point wich it is 110 mm at the lowest point so i said its legal dont bother, i said its 110mm at the lowest point he says what about the brow height :S

long story short he measured it front was 2mm too low and back 5mm he was a pretty chilled cop in the end he said most cops will give or take 5mm(road surface etc...)
427vlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-06, 02:42   #19
VLCT88
player

yer i gotta momo but its only 12" in diameter and he couldnt tell if it was genuine or not and reckoned it was to small even if it was genuine. Might take it off and put a stocko one back on and take the momo in and ask regency if its legal or not.
Old 24-10-06, 09:15   #20
VL_BT1
Fly Boy

Car: VL BT1 Turbo
regency told me 320mm is the smallest u can get(thats about 12.5inches). best bet is ring up modified vehicle standards and ask them, they've got a list of momo wheels at hand so they'll be able to tell you. Otherwise ring car toys and ask them about your wheel. If its all good get a letter of compliance as well. Sometimes they dont stamp the wheels witht he e-thingy(sometimes its on the back) but the guy at regency new this so i just showed him the letter and he was happy.
Which momo is it btw?
Old 24-10-06, 13:32   #21
GMHVLCT
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (8)
just got off the phone to vehicle standards and modifications to find out if my momo race steering wheel is legal or not, the guy asked how many spokes it has and if it was leather bound. the pamphlet he was looking at says it meets numerous certificates including a "e-one"? certificate. he said as long as its no smaller than 330mm the steering wheel is fine. cheering. i only thought momo wheels that have the spokes covered with leather were fine, bcos the momo race spokes are bare metal...causing a more serious injury to your face or some shiit??

but what gets me when i asked about it and told him i was surprised it was fine, was that he told me to call the place where i purchased it from and ask them if it was legal or not. but isnt that why i called the "vehicle standards and modifications" line. why should i call the place i bought the wheel from, when he should have the set rules in front of him????? he said they arent always kept up 2 date, im 98% sure the momo race hasnt changed design over the years, if anything maybe some slight changes...otherwise it would be called a different model?? but still with the info he had the wheel is fine.

but another thing, i bought the momo wheel from car toys and i thought it was strange they didnt ask if i wanted a letter of compliance if the wheel i bought was legal??
GMHVLCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-06, 13:44   #22
NSNPWR
Gold Members

Most MOMO wheels are legal, its due to them using a collapsable Boss Kit...So when youre chest or head impacts it during an accident it has some give in it. Take the rubber thing off the outside of the Boss Kit and you'll see it has 3 (or 4) metal braces inside where as most Boss kits by SAAS etc are just solid lumps of metal that dont give or collapse at all.
From what im told most retailers will provide some sort of ADR certification if you ask for it to clear a defect regarding MOMO wheels....
Old 24-10-06, 13:58   #23
VLCT88
player

The steering wheel is a momo thunder... leather wheel with 3 carbon fibre spokes and working horn. Just measured it, it measures 320mm in diameter from the outside of the wheel to the other outerside. I definately have a momo collapseable boss kit aswell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	24102006115-small.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	15511  
Old 24-10-06, 14:27   #24
NSNPWR
Gold Members

Who'd you but it off mate? That should be 100% legal. Go back to the retailer and ask for the ADR compliance paperwork or what ever it is they provide...tell Regency they can blow you.
Old 24-10-06, 15:46   #25
calais_vl
272rwkw @ 17psi

Car: Aristo, Swift Gti & Kawasaki GPX 250
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to calais_vl
Defected you for the steering wheel but not the e-boost :P
calais_vl is offline   Reply With Quote