GRUNT Performance

Closed Thread

Old 20-08-06, 21:59   #101
MONSTER
805fwhp/ 34psi/ pump fuel

Car: 805 fwhp VLCT, BA XR8 Supercharged/Intercooled 340rwkw
Trader Rating: (17)
Send a message via MSN to MONSTER
u forgot to tell me what alex's would be like on the street dude...... considering that's what we were actually talking about.
Old 20-08-06, 22:32   #102
vltnitron
Gold Members

Trader Rating: (30)
don't care.
Are you still getting a new bottom end built?
Old 20-08-06, 22:55   #103
MONSTER

one minute ur arguing a point, next minute u dont care.....

nah not getting bottom end rebuilt, no need. conservatively tuned bottom ends tend to last a long time. they generally dont melt pistons unless they are run pretty lean.... but hey, whatever it takes to get impressive rwkw figures on the dyno, right?

Last edited by MONSTER; 20-08-06 at 23:03.
Old 20-08-06, 23:25   #104
Cubes
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER
conservatively tuned bottom ends tend to last a long time. they generally dont melt pistons unless they are run pretty lean.... but hey, whatever it takes to get impressive rwkw figures on the dyno, right?
Come on Monster, enough is enough.
Old 20-08-06, 23:35   #105
PSI
Player

Car: lease car
Trader Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vltnitron
last time i checked rob martini and slicks arn't drivin on the street
Corran.........i cant wait to see you run times on 18/19's or what ever wheel size you're running!!! NOT too many people running mid 10's without slicks!!!

As for not driving on the street, my old car was owned by me for 9yrs, driven very regulary and NEVER defected......so i think my old car was a street car, well enough not to pulled over for too loud or what ever else it could be picked on while driving along side cops. WHOSE been defected on here!!!!

As for the martini......well i actually thought it did bugger all for the car in the end. It made 330.9rwkw @ 26psi. It now makes 310rwkw @ a low 20psi. Now another 5/6psi and i'm sure the car would be making the same power as the martini tune.
Getting back to your other statement of the car being a bit of a pig with a 3.5k stall and no mufflers......it runs no CAT, but has a muffler, and seems quiet to some i've heard.
the car wasnt a pig at all, there was hardly any lag.....my 200SX has WAY more lag!! that thing spooled up quick as.

And the happy dyno readings.......get a life some of you really. Even if my car made 280rwkw and run a mid 10, does that change things does it? The 1/4 mile DOESN'T lie, and generous dyno readings get found out at the strip also, MPH will tell that story.

The thing that makes me laugh now is......isn't it funny that jake builds up a PURE racecar, OTHERS want to go the same way (almost). I built my car for me, the goal was a 10, i smashed that in, and i know the car would've gone into the LOW 10's easily without my standard suspension, using front runners and not a massive head wind that day, but i was happy with that.

Seems some people on here..... build cars to out do others purely, i'm sure of it. I mean Alex had a killer combo, and NEVER holds out to race it with that setup.
Is that because he wasn't confident with the numbers he was making, OR because jake has a bigger turbo and setup......and i want 1 too??
Why in the hell would you change it, BEFORE you ever race it?? seems odd to me.

I dont post up on here much these days, as i dont have to, since i dont own it no more. But i have noticed by reading people comments...........there's a lot of back stabbing bitches on here, and they know who they ARE!! dont reply and say" Adam, why dont you tell us " you know who you are.

Have respect for peoples achievements, WHO EVER they are.Even if i never owned the car and someone else did , why would you ever bad mouth about it, it's a proven car, and that speaks for itself. Not too many in S.A can say that.......well not yet....but that will change i'm sure, and good for all you guys building cars now.Even IF everyone on here beats my old time, great, well done.

glad i'm out this game...........especially with what i read and hear about the place these days. At the end of the day, there's always someone who will be quicker than you, remember that.

look forward to the replies after this post. wasn't meant to an attack on certain members, but i'm just sick of the back stabbers on here, and things just had to be said.

Good day.
PSI_adam
Old 20-08-06, 23:40   #106
MONSTER

cubes: i dont think u understand that vltnitron's comments are intended to stir sh1t.

Last edited by MONSTER; 20-08-06 at 23:47.
Old 21-08-06, 00:17   #107
Cubes
Player

Car:
I obviously dont, meaning the blanket statement you made regarding the quoted text was stated not because it may be true but because it may jack vlnitron off.

Last edited by Cubes; 21-08-06 at 00:20.
Old 21-08-06, 00:19   #108
Blink
Sensible Since 21/05/2009

Car: RB30ET
Trader Rating: (21)
Send a message via MSN to Blink
On a completely different note, this cruise will be a very lovely day by the sounds of things, and everyone will be getting along.
Haha
Old 21-08-06, 00:21   #109
MONSTER

dont think it'll matter much mate. mrvlt, vltnitron, and myself wont be there anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes
I obviously dont, meaning the blanket statement you made regarding the quoted text was stated not because it may be true but because it may jack vlnitron off.

sorry mate, dont really follow what u are saying.

Last edited by MONSTER; 21-08-06 at 00:23. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-08-06, 00:26   #110
VLCT88
player

Car: VLII Calais Turbo, BKII Mazda 3 MPS
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to VLCT88
geeez... what a bunch of bitches... Everyone just get over it, coz my cars bigger, better and faster than all of yours
Old 21-08-06, 00:27   #111
BT
398@25psi E85

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to BT
Quote:
PSI_adam

Seems some people on here..... build cars to out do others purely, i'm sure of it. I mean Alex had a killer combo, and NEVER holds out to race it with that setup.
Is that because he wasn't confident with the numbers he was making, OR because jake has a bigger turbo and setup......and i want 1 too??
Why in the hell would you change it, BEFORE you ever race it?? seems odd to me.

i think u hit the nail on the head there adam everyone wants to be better then everyone else , but it doesn't mean the they are any better then the next person.

all of you need to grow up we all have nice cars , and we should be happy others are going to more extremes the others it shouldn't be about who's is better coz if thats the case wait untill mines finished

lets all have a group hug .
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLCT88 View Post
Its not running yet ya magic poof gimme a month or so!
Old 21-08-06, 00:32   #112
Blink
Sensible Since 21/05/2009

Car: RB30ET
Trader Rating: (21)
Send a message via MSN to Blink
Nino, for once, I completely agree lol.

Who cares who's is faster, has nicer paint, has more RWKW's, because at the end of the day.

We all have pretty fucking nice car's, some of us are older, or younger, and others have more money to spend, lately there has been so much bitching on here, more than any time I have seen. And we have all been apart of it.

Let's stop acting like little school boys, and go back a bit where no one had any issues with everyone,
End of the day, were all pretty damn alike, and share one thing, a Love for VL's.

Job Nin.
Old 21-08-06, 00:44   #113
Cubes
Player

Car:
Quote:
conservatively tuned bottom ends tend to last a long time. they generally dont melt pistons unless they are run pretty lean.... but hey, whatever it takes to get impressive rwkw figures on the dyno, right?
I took that as a dig at a tuner/workshop.

Either way... You know power figures are only one part of the equation to run a quick time; car setup is critical. A good driver, nice auto and a decent set of tyres with a reasonable amount of power and really, you can't go wrong.
Drop in a manual; you will make more power yet run considerably slower down the 1/4.
Old 21-08-06, 00:46   #114
PSI
Player

Car: lease car
Trader Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink
Nino, for once, I completely agree lol.

Who cares who's is faster, has nicer paint, has more RWKW's, because at the end of the day.

We all have pretty fucking nice car's, some of us are older, or younger, and others have more money to spend, lately there has been so much bitching on here, more than any time I have seen. And we have all been apart of it.

Let's stop acting like little school boys, and go back a bit where no one had any issues with everyone,
End of the day, were all pretty damn alike, and share one thing, a Love for VL's.

Job Nin.

WELL SAID, you summed it up there in a nut shell bro.

lets all sit around a camp fire and sing songs about VLT's, then we all would be happy again!! hahaha.
Hope everyone out there building up there rides, achieves what ever they set out to do. It's about personal achievements, not whose better/quicker.

play nicely now children.
Old 21-08-06, 00:59   #115
platinum
Administrator

Car: E-Series HSV Senator
Trader Rating: (14)
ok think we've all had a good discussion I have split this discussion into a new thread because it has some good information in it - but I'm locking it now as it's run its course...
Closed Thread