Originally Posted by Jet R31
Doesn't allens engineering engine dyno read high, ha,ha,ha
it never ends
cheers
darren

hahahahahah nice one daren
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLCT88 View Post
Its not running yet ya magic poof gimme a month or so!
Old 15-08-06, 20:21   #28
vltnitron
Gold Members

Trader Rating: (30)
hope so darren
Old 15-08-06, 22:36   #29
VLTurbsEx
Player

Car: Nissan R32 Skyline
Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via MSN to VLTurbsEx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER
yeah, one dude has found that its read higher, so u go with that? who says it wasnt a very hot day when he went to hi tech and got on the dyno? and what about all the other factors that couldve contributed to the mere 5kw difference between the two dynos at boostworx and hi tech? ive seen cars and cars go thru boostworx and get better readings than they've received on any other dyno. perhaps u should go ask them for their back to back dyno figures too. then ull probly see that boostworx has a generous dyno. even urs corran, i remember u telling me that u got a better reading at boostworx than u did when u put it on someone else's dyno (can't remember which one, maybe bill tower's at extreme horsepwr show?)

still tryna work out if infact boostworx has a generous dyno, or if its that shaun takes more fuel out of the tune to help produce larger kilowatt figures, while john keens keeps it safe and conservative.
u just proved my point right there, it all depends on the day which was what i was tryin to get at!
Old 15-08-06, 23:43   #30
MONSTER
805fwhp/ 34psi/ pump fuel

Car: 805 fwhp VLCT, BA XR8 Supercharged/Intercooled 340rwkw
Trader Rating: (17)
Send a message via MSN to MONSTER
my argument wasnt with u. it was with those who used ur figures to say that boostworx' dyno reads less than hi tech's dyno, which i thought was bvllsh1t.
Old 15-08-06, 23:58   #31
sky30
Player

Car: R32 Skyline, RB30det 434rwkw 4WD
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
my argument wasnt with u. it was with those who used ur figures to say that boostworx' dyno reads less than hi tech's dyno, which i thought was bvllsh1t.
Rob, 5 rwkw difference isnt much, but i have seen a bluebird wagon with SR20 that made 330rwkw on hi-tech dyno, then in the same week only make
285rwkw on boostworx dyno.

Corran- If you had of fixed that fuel pump problem, your motor would probly still be alive.

Last edited by sky30; 16-08-06 at 00:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-08-06, 00:11   #32
MONSTER

that and a surge tank lol.

carl, how ya been mate? is that alex's bluebird wagon ur talkin about? that's a massive difference in pwr figures, did they change anything?
Old 16-08-06, 00:30   #33
sky30
Player

Quote:
that and a surge tank lol.

carl, how ya been mate? is that alex's bluebird wagon ur talkin about? that's a massive difference in pwr figures, did they change anything?
Yeah, i think his name was Alex, i dont reckon he changed anything coz he wasn't happy that it made less power than it should have. It is a massive difference in power.
You can't make a dyno read lower power than the car makes, but you can make the figgures read higher.
Old 16-08-06, 07:41   #34
vltnitron
Gold Members

Trader Rating: (30)
will be all sorted for next time. surge n maybe 2 044's,
Old 16-08-06, 09:25   #35
tubbed1
9.02 @ 155mph

Car: 650kw vl turbo race car (R.I.P), calais turbo wagon,vl calais s2 sedan
Trader Rating: (8)
john detuned it on purpose (sr20) he told alex his dyno or no dyno... john doesnt trust some people with keepn there foot in it 4 2 long or putting enough load on the dyno... shaun also knew that car was from hi tech and i wouldnt b surprised if he tinkered with the dyno 2 make alex, john and the car look stupid... ive seen the car go on lonsdale highway- rolling start from 60km beside an R1 yamaha was side by side. it b like that if it had 285kw
WWW.BIGPSI.COM
Old 16-08-06, 09:31   #36
Cubes
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed1
john detuned it on purpose (sr20) he told alex his dyno or no dyno... john doesnt trust some people with keepn there foot in it 4 2 long or putting enough load on the dyno... shaun also knew that car was from hi tech and i wouldnt b surprised if he tinkered with the dyno 2 make alex, john and the car look stupid...
Thats the silliest comment.. One second your saying John detuned the car then your saying Shaun probably fiddled.. If you know Shaun he really couldn't give two ****s.

And hell.. Why would you detune the motor for reliability, the idea is to tune for reliability, not dyno queen style.

Have another read of my origional post.. I'll highlight the areas of interest.

Quote:
There was a little controversy last year as a one person came from other dyno making 30-40rwkw more and then ran away having a cry; another ran up up his LS1 and made a little less but thats dyno's for you. Shauns does tend to read a tad lower than some. Its definitely not a happy dyno.
That last little bit... That actually states it reads lower than SOME, and that it is definitely not a happy dyno but rather quite spot on and 'realistic' from what I have seen.

Last edited by Cubes; 16-08-06 at 09:33.
Old 16-08-06, 09:34   #37
tubbed1
9.02 @ 155mph

explain when i c u in person next time... im not writing a novel... sorry carl

p.s carl, look at the chicks next 2 my car in the vote thread... wat u think?
WWW.BIGPSI.COM

Last edited by tubbed1; 16-08-06 at 09:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-08-06, 09:39   #38
Cubes
Player

Car:
I think the bluebird must have been down on power on the day as when it left it didn't look like a genuine 330rwkw. But as you say... it was detuned.
Old 16-08-06, 10:03   #39
tubbed1
9.02 @ 155mph

do u know wat feul he was running that day? it was originally tuned on martini, but he was driving it on the street abit around then so mayb it had pump in it???
WWW.BIGPSI.COM
Old 16-08-06, 20:05   #40
Jet R31
10.21@140.89

Car: r31 skyline lego block
Trader Rating: (7)
I strapped that bluebird down, and sat by the back wheels, it made 330rwkw
at hi-tech the day before on pump fuel and some additive. It made 285rwkw and the thing was weak to watch, it just doesn't get up on the rollers like a big v8 or turboi 6, he blamed wheelspin , but i can tell you that it wasn't, it was obvious as, Sky30's car has more traction problems than that car.
i coudn't care less care less whos dyno reads what, the track will decide that,
but that's what happened on that day
cheers
darren
Old 16-08-06, 20:17   #41
MONSTER

not a fan of that bluebird wagon darren?
Old 17-08-06, 00:14   #42
sky30
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed1
explain when i c u in person next time... im not writing a novel... sorry carl

p.s carl, look at the chicks next 2 my car in the vote thread... wat u think?
Jake, Them chicks make the car look even better.
Nice features............. On the car!

Last edited by sky30; 17-08-06 at 08:12.
Old 17-08-06, 10:01   #43
tubbed1
9.02 @ 155mph

cheers mate... once again darren u r rite. the track wil decide it all...
WWW.BIGPSI.COM
Old 18-08-06, 02:36   #44
SR910
Player

Car: 1200 coupe (BRO JET) 32 GTR (HOE 747) GTiR (LEB JET) SWIFT (4DHOES) VLCT SIII factory cut springz (BOG 747)
The car wasn't detuned for the dyno day it should have gone 330 as it was tuned. It runs 33% toluene/premium mix. As im sure you people would have seen the dyno graphs that were posted (my web hosing is down to host i might put on a public hosting site) that there was definatly something happeneing at boost worx (wavy up top) weather it be wheel spin/something ****ing up no one can be sure. I have probably done over 20+ full power pulls and never had any graph come out looking like that. Draw your own conclusions.

The car was brought back to hitechs few weeks later and pulled within a few kw of its previous reading, and has since had 2 more psi added now reading 350 rwkw.

At the end of the day i would rather goto the drags and run quick times, but this will have to wait witht he current situation at AIR. Closest thing i have found to race is a R1 with full exhaust and power commander - even so seems good enough for me.

For hitech reading high, that VL turbo with 330 rwkw went 10.5 at what 130 mph?? Seems to add up to me...

There are the 2 sheets, i drew some common points on both graphs, as you can see the dynos are with in what 8 kw or so (acording to my 2am eyes ), then at the top it goes a bit ****ed up, if my dyno was so called 'reading high with corrections' or what ever is going on wouldnt it be higher everywhere?

Last edited by SR910; 18-08-06 at 03:10.
Old 18-08-06, 09:50   #45
Cubes
Player

Car:
May have something to do with the shootout mode ran...

As we saw with Chops's LS1. The lower the shootout mode the lower the power reading. I believe the difference between his was something like 30-40rwkw.

I forget exactly.
Old 18-08-06, 10:47   #46
SR910
Player

Car: 1200 coupe (BRO JET) 32 GTR (HOE 747) GTiR (LEB JET) SWIFT (4DHOES) VLCT SIII factory cut springz (BOG 747)
I fail to see how shoot out mode is effecting only some points on the dyno print out where where up to about 130 kph boost worx is actually reading higher, then takes a massive dip.

If that was the case i would be expecting to see the reduction, or at least a percentage reduction over the whole graph.

i have a print out here of 350 rwkw, in shoot out 4F, 24 psi, 3rd gear... i dont have one of a 330 rwkw run with the 'shoot out mode' box attached to it, only 350.

Last edited by SR910; 18-08-06 at 11:00.
Old 18-08-06, 11:20   #47
Cubes
Player

Car:
Who cares... it didn't make the power on the day. :P

its just bad luck really... maybe the ramp rate played funny buggers with something.. it really should have been in shoot4f not shoot4.
Old 18-08-06, 11:33   #48
SR910
Player

Im not overly bothered, I only seen this thread because my friend told me about it, and the argument of hitech reading high is still going on, which in my opinion is a load of ****.

If i had a lap top connected to the autronic with it data logging on the day i might have been able to see the problem, or maby even if the dyno was also logging boost etc because on the day something definatly happened to effect the top part of that curve.
Old 18-08-06, 11:38   #49
NSNPWR
Gold Members

Car: 8th Gen Civic...VLT BT1 mock up uleh : /
Trader Rating: (23)
Quote:
Who cares... it didn't make the power on the day. :P

its just bad luck really... maybe the ramp rate played funny buggers with something.. it really should have been in shoot4f not shoot4.
So in saying that it was an error on the dyno operators behalf?

Anyway, like Cubes said it didnt make it on the day but with all the killa shit on that SR and a 1.06 GT35/40 it seems only logical that it would make around the figures it has made on Johns dyno.
Old 18-08-06, 11:43   #50
Cubes
Player

Car:
The only little gripe I had was how you slapped crap up on your web site that looked like an attempt to question Shauns credability.

You should have taken it on the chin, it obviously had somthing funky going on as a 45rwkw is quite a difference, a difference that is too large to be dyno related especially when others cars are jumping on the dyno making more power than what yours where.

MS75 391rwkw is a prime example. if something was up with the dyno it would have most definitely showed.. He received the power output he expected that was similiar to that of the blackwood dyno that he tunes on.

When mines on the dyno next I might see if shauns still got your power run, I'll have a look at the boost and afr out of my own curiosity. If I see something strange I'll drop u a pm as I'm sure you are perplexed as to what went on.

Wyndup,

Not really an error... He may have had his reasons for running it in the n/a mode. I have noticed in the past Shaun has run mine up in the SHOOT6 N/a mode (Shoot6F is forced induction 6cyl) I'm not 100% sure on the differences but I do believe the greater the shoot out mode the softer the ramp rate is to prevent wheel spin.. I.e shoot8f with a v8's forced induction massive mid range is likely to have traction issues compared to a 6cyl turbo.
Maybe its shauns way of loading the car up that little bit more to get it spooling earlier, induce any possible detonation that may only be seen when loading the car up in 5th gear or something. I'm really not 100% sure.
I'm sure JetR31 is more than capable of tying down cars to prevent wheelspin, he had no issues with MS75 and sky30's, + he was sitting by the back wheels so he would have seen if it began to slip.

Last edited by Cubes; 18-08-06 at 11:50.
Closed Thread