Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Readers Rides > VL Turbos
GRUNT Performance

Old 15-05-06, 13:41   #1
Imtorqing
The Loganite!!!!!

Trader Rating: (5)
My Snowwhite VLT Berlina

Hey Guy's,

I have enclosed for you pictures of my pride and joy that has been in the build since about April 2005.

I got screwed over by my ex and had to sell my VX SS as part of the property settlement. Anyway hooked up with a great woman who is now my wife(I know a glutten for punishment).

I purchased my white with black Auto VL Series II Berlina off of fellow member RULOCAL?(Alex) from Victoria for $5500 out of my 40% of the settlement . Anyway jetted down with my missus to beautiful farking freezing Melbourne and picked her up. Alex picked us up from the airport talk about service.

She was nice and straight, minimal rust for a VL just usual spots(front windscreen(minor) and back boot shelf). Didnt have any mods apart from a ****ty front mount and T boost controller(No offence Alex).

Cooked it in Sydney(F$#%) on the way up and replaced the radiator. Got back to Brissy and she went alright for a couple of weeks and then diagnosed the old girl with a blown head gasket/possible cracked head. Parked her for a couple of months under the back pergola whilst I motored around in the brother in laws $500 Vl Wagon I bought.

Anyway sold our house and we cashed in big $$$$$$.

AND THE DREAM BEGAN.......

Farked off the RB30 head and purchased a Rb25 head(80 k's) with intake, coils etc, throttle body etc from a guy off of a guy on Skylines Australia. Was originally going for a 26/30 combo but was told a 25/30 would be cheaper and achievable for my 13g's funding(Boy was that wrong I reckon the 26 would have been about the same and I can tell you it was alot more than the 13).

She has had a full respray in white with a light(Very F%$# light blue Pearl ).
SPECS
The engine was built by JHH engineering in Timms Court at Woodridge and would like to recommend John as he has been in the business for a long long long time and was great through the whole build and has built a fair few hybrids with excellent results.

Rebuilt with a set of Wiseco Forgies swinging from a set of Eagle H Beam Rods with crome rings (Dont hear any noise on start up/cold which I heard was common for forgies).
Running an RB25(Standard) oil pump,
R33 Series 1 coils,
standard injectors(At the moment),
Garrett 35/40 Ball bearing turbo,
44mm Tial External Gate, Tial BOV(Its bloody big),
Running Haltech E6X installed and tuned by Redcliffe Dyno and Performance with Haltech Ignition modules,
3 1/2 inch stainless exhaust full length with top mount manifold(Cost $1300(Excluding manifold) and is a peice of art with 600x300x75 Front Mount with polished stainless intercooler Piping($800)

Converted from Jatco to MX7 with Excedy Clutch which came with the box.

Rolling on a set 17 inch five spoke Cromies(Licenced by BBS) and 235/45 Dunnies front and 235/45 Maxxis Backs.

FUTURE PLANS

Interior upgraded to either leather or New Valour with decked out stereo system.

Fuel system which is at home with a Bosch 044 Pump, 1.5l surge tank, Magna Fuel fuel reg, 800cc Venom Injectors coming once I do my 5000k's.

Hoping for 300 to 400rwkw once all is run in and done. Then it will be off to the track trying to shake up the Qld 5 speed title lol.

I would like to thank

John Hill from JHH Engineering for the awesome rebuild.
Bill's Paint and Panel in Timms Court, Woodridge(left of Busy Bee) for the respray,
Daniel and Ian from DJ Sivyer Mechanical Timms Court, Woodridge 32902967(to the left of JHH)for dropping the engine in and hooking most of it up(Turbo, MX7, Wastegate etc etc They know their sh%t and wont rip ya off),
Steve from Redcliffe Dyno and Performance for the E6X and forthcoming Performance Dyno Tune,
Steve the absolute magician from Motion Garage 0407672023 for the cooler piping, Zorst, mods to manifold, BOV and catchcan(Comes to you).
Tim my saviour from Aussie Auto Electrics 0401956102 for hooking back up all of my gauges, fixing my starter motor and doing the stuff needed to get my roady(He also is mobile).

I think that is about it.

ANYONE WHO IS THINKING OF DOING THIS CONVERSION AND WOULD LIKE ADVICE(GET SLAPPED AROUND LOL) FEEL FREE TO PM ME AS I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP.

ANYWAY ENJOY THE PICKYS, YOUR FEEDBACK WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Cheers to all the CT boys from Queensland and the southside....
Bill aka Imtorqing

Last edited by Imtorqing; 30-05-06 at 07:37. Reason: Hated the title
Imtorqing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-06, 19:40   #2
ATMO_BT1
CT Allstar

Car:
Trader Rating: (29)
very well done mate thats a great ride, twin cam as well thats unreal

What is the spool like with the twin cam head and that turbo? What rear housing do you have?
Old 15-06-06, 10:01   #3
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Get a custom plenum and sort that cooler piping!! Looks good!
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-06, 10:08   #4
Imtorqing
The Loganite!!!!!

How's she spool

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK GUY'S

Unfortunately only running a standard tune as I am running it in and running no boost control as Redcliffe Dyno put in the Haltech trim control but said for some reason or another they couldnt set it at 5psi as requested by JHH who did the engine. SO I HAVE TO BE A REALLY GOOD BOY AND IT'S KILLING ME.

I have the A/R 70 ??? housing and it seems to be a really good setup but first gear is really useless as it runs out of legs really quick with really minimal spool if any which I have heard is fairly common inthe MX7's. 2nd gear onwards is a sh!t load of fun though.

I dont have a tacho hooked up yet as I havent been back to the auto elecky so I cant say exactly when it starts spooling but it comes on reasonably quick
and comes on pretty hard! but as soon as it hits up around 15psi I have to change gears to avoid overboosting so its kind of a thrill killer and basically drive around with maximum 3 1/4 throttle.

Only another 2000 or so k's left before she gets the fuel system put in and performance tune.

I CANT WAIT THATS FOR SURE

Cheers Imtorqing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO89
Yep already looked them up and shopped around just waiting for the cash. Got a baby on the way though so gotta try and raise it before November 06 .

Cheers
Bill

Last edited by Imtorqing; 15-06-06 at 10:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Imtorqing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-06, 11:15   #5
Hemi
Player

Car: meat wagon
looking very nice mate, just get those bloody injectors..
also i've gotta JDcustom plenum f/s your interested.
Old 15-06-06, 15:53   #6
unique
Official Member

Car: SSV Sportwagon
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO89
What he said
unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-06, 17:10   #7
unknown
McFry

Trader Rating: (10)
very nice write up mate!

saw the car when it was forsale with the gay red pinstriping, its come a long way since!

well done champ
Old 15-06-06, 21:09   #8
deanoVLCT
MODERATERRRRR

Car: Car: Hq gts coupe - Vl Sl turbo bt1 - Vl nitron - Vl v8 1k001 berlina - Fg xr6 ute - LJ coupe - LX slr 5000 rep
Trader Rating: (24)
nice besdies the cannon!
deanoVLCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-07, 22:14   #9
Antho
Certified Wise

Car: 2 x VL Calais Turbo, VL Berlina Turbo, 2 x Ford Explorer V8, Subaru Forester GT, BMW 325i M Sport
Trader Rating: (74)
Nice ride Bill, Ive seen this car wuite a few times turning onto Browns Plains rd. Only just clicked that it was you lol

Sweet setup man, with the right injectors you should be making 300rwkw easily.

Peace,
Antho
Antho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-07, 21:46   #10
Raptor
Anjunabeats!

Car:
Trader Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoVLCT
nice besdies the cannon!

yeah your sister is nice, but she has herpes!

nice yet man! its come a long way!
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote