Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Queensland
Calais Turbo Advertising

Old 28-04-03, 21:42   #1
304-cid
Player

Car: Diablo red 6 speed VT1 355 stroker GTS
Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to 304-cid
BRISBANE SKIDPAN DAY THIS SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!! MT COTTON!!!!!!!

Date: 4th May.
Time: 8am - 5pm
Venue: Mt Cotton Driver Training Centre on Mount Cotton Road.
Rundown: Half day skidpan, catered lunch, half day LVMA.
Cost: $160, including lunch.
Requirements: Open or Provisional licence, registered and apparently roadworthy car (exhausts / steeringwheels are fine, no rusted out dungers) No helmet or long sleeves required.

16 places.

So far we have....
1. slip
2. Gary1
3. Revhead
4. Belgarion
5. MRE
6. ABU53

only 10 spots remaining.

To pay, deposit $160 in my bank account and SMS (0411870159) me the reciept number and your SAU/Real name, OR PM me with the details. You can also give me cash in person at a cruise, or send a money order to PO Box 586, Bulimba QLD 4171 with your details. If you decide to pull out after you pay, you will most likely need to organise someone to take your place, as I am taking the responsibility to front up with all the cash on the day.

Bank account details....
Bank : Credit Union Australia
Account Name: Paul McConnell
Account Number : 30322985
BSB Number : 804050

Please keep this thread on topic. Feel free to PM me.
304-cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-03, 21:46   #2
304-cid
Player

Car: Diablo red 6 speed VT1 355 stroker GTS
Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to 304-cid
Let me introduce myself guys. My name is Paul, Im the President of Skylines Australia QLD. After recieving a fantastic response to the 3rd Skidpan Day I have organised, everything was set up. Unfortunately, 1 of the clubs that was going to be involved, and which was very vocal and enthusiastic, has yeilded 0 participants. Not one. This has caused a major headache.

Guys, I need to fill 7 Skidpan spots by the SUNDAY 4th May, THIS WEEKEND when the event is held.
Feel free to call me on 0411870159 if you have any questions at all, ask for Paul.

All cars are welcome, FWD included. As long as they are seemingly RWC (not rusted out etc, exhausts and the usual stuff are fine) and you must have a licence. You do not need a helmet or anything like that.

Following is an explanation of the event.
7:30am - 12pm
Skidpan
Lunch. (provided to all competitors free, spectators byo)
12:30pm - 4:30/5pm
LVMA

Safety/Damage. There is nothing to hit, really. No poles, walls, gutters, trees, nothing. Truly safe, so you can learn, of if you half know what you are doing, just go nuts. I was a drift virgin/gumby on my first outing, now I've got instructors coming in with me for fun.

Skidpan : Small tight track, covered in diesel and water. Very little tyre wear due to the extreme lack of traction. Nothing to hit, you might slide off onto some grass at low speed, thats about it! Very safe, very slippery, very fun. I have a non turbo R31 with an open centre diff, and i can drift the full track, including the back straight, with passengers, to give you an idea of what its like.

LVMA : Imagine the BWCP but bigger, with no traffic islands on it, with water in patches, and a cone track + slalom section set out on it. Nothing to hit. Mainly time trials. You can go nuts, if you go past your limits, doesnt matter, youll just put on a good show. Awesome fun, no restrictions.

Instructors : This is not a driver training day. This is a fun day, where the Instructors are there to help you drift better and go quicker. Most people only take an instructor in the car for their first run on the skidpan and LVMA, you can have them in more, but mostly you just take passengers for mad rides. Drifting on the Skidpan with 4 passengers is great.

Pics of me on the Skidpan (wet sideways shots) and LVMA are here > http://photos.yahoo.com/___scythe___ .to give you a taste of what its like.

Here is a link to the main thread on SAU (Skylines Australia) Regarding this event. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14016

:mrgreen:
304-cid is offline   Reply With Quote