Trader Rating: (31)
**** off beejay no one likes u
Old 15-09-05, 15:50   #102
LiL_RaCh

Car: Nissan Silvia S13 CA18DET
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADVLSL
Now that you have said that.. why come on here and bitch about it.. nearly 5 pages now..

and did you ever think the way either you or your mates acted that made the cop a wanker maybe.. think of all the possiblities..
why would you say that if you weren't there? I actually happened to be there and the cops were out to piss people off, purposely hating the fact there were 2 car cruises on and terrorising the streets. They knew at some stage that some of these cars were going to head to cott so they pulled everyone over to do random licence checks plus search the vehicles. They had yellowed at least 6 cars by the time drove the car to park it. They seriously were acting like wankers not us drivers.
Old 15-09-05, 16:23   #103
Xibit0r
phwoarrrrr

Trader Rating: (14)
no yellows would of got given out if ****s had legal cars... there shall be no whinging about yellows... if your cars not legal leave it at home if you cant handle a sticker...

ILLUSIV has bulk things it needs permitted. it was yellowed fairly... the pigs were just simply collecting some revenue from the cruises...

no one has the right to whinge about a yellow... if you think you do, take your car down the pits and they peel it off for free if your car is already roadworthy...
Old 15-09-05, 16:33   #104
EVL
Gold Members

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to EVL
fair point but there are still far too many arguable b/s rules. people find it impossible to get information on what is and isnt legal. i mean ffs are pod filters legal?? i wouldnt have a damn clue one of my friends gets a yellow for one, then i hear from a police officer that they are legal so long as they are secured or something. It's crap! there needs to be clear cut, fair rules for everybody so if u break one of the rules you have no reason to complain!
Old 15-09-05, 16:35   #105
Steve
( . Y . )

Car: Calais
pods are legal but must be secure
extractors are legal too..
even says so on the dpi website
Old 15-09-05, 16:38   #106
LiL_RaCh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL
fair point but there are still far too many arguable b/s rules. people find it impossible to get information on what is and isnt legal. i mean ffs are pod filters legal?? i wouldnt have a damn clue one of my friends gets a yellow for one, then i hear from a police officer that they are legal so long as they are secured or something. It's crap! there needs to be clear cut, fair rules for everybody so if u break one of the rules you have no reason to complain!
im going to fully agree with evl here.

you cant say that you can have something with a permit then cops turn around and go nah you can't wtf! make one rule and stick to it.
i have a permit for my pod, and i think if you have been allowed to have the permit then your allowed the mod what you have the permit for. not to have it taken off you and go through the pits again. its unfair, not only is it time wasting, its money wasting too - time off work etc.
Old 15-09-05, 16:41   #107
EVL
Gold Members

yeh but my friend got defected for his was held in by 3 inch u-bolts ?? that sucker was going nowhere. i think there needs to be a more constant system rather than it depending what type of cop pulls you over
Old 15-09-05, 16:41   #108
Xibit0r
phwoarrrrr

like i said before to stop the bitching about copping a yellow... make your car legit... if it gets a yellow for a poxy reason... who cares... your cars legal so you can get the sticker removed free of charge... if the sticker dont get removed, your car is un roadworthy and you deserved a yellow so get some kleenex and stfu.
Old 15-09-05, 16:42   #109
Xibit0r
phwoarrrrr

EVL: also there is no law that states a cop has to get you on a certain amount of things... a police officer only has to reasonably suspect your car of being un roadworthy and they can sticker it...
Old 15-09-05, 16:43   #110
EVL
Gold Members

lol ah well guess its no good sitting here questioning it nothing will change just wish there was a more consistent system like police carrying a handbook so they could show drivers the exact wording of what is accepted for their particular mod.
Old 15-09-05, 16:51   #111
Xibit0r
phwoarrrrr

i know some really heavily modified cars... still get stickered frequently... but as they were done LEGALLY unlike 99% of ****s that whinge about yellow stickers... they just cruise down to oconnor and get it peeled straight back off...
Old 15-09-05, 17:26   #112
EVL
Gold Members

yeh i've only once heard about a person getting it peeled off for free and that was he had his car over the pits then drove 5 min down the road and got a yellow. he went back and they pulled it off for him. im just offering suggestions as to how they could make it more accesible for especially younger drivers to know what they can and cant do to their cars. the traffic act is too long to read but maybe release a handbook like the ones you get when your doing your licence for just some faq's about mods and permits... im not whinging about getting yellows. i have only had one and that was for my old vl which is now out of commission lol i took it on the chin but it was a sad day
Old 15-09-05, 17:31   #113
Xibit0r
phwoarrrrr

call DPI... they will have all that information available
Old 15-09-05, 17:36   #114
EVL
Gold Members

"your call is very important to us... all of our operators are currently unavailable...." haha i can see it now.

just offering suggestions is all dude
Old 15-09-05, 22:10   #115
HMILI8A
We Drive Excitement

Car: Unicorn.....
Trader Rating: (13)
Xibitor who's side r u on anyway. Craig was the one who coped the sticker and I havent seen him bitchin and this thred wasn't put up to bitch about it so just let it be!
Old 16-09-05, 01:14   #116
Xibit0r
phwoarrrrr

lol whos side im on?? i hate cops as much as everyone else and i have 2 cars both stcikerable easily.. i just simply wouldnt bitch.. no beef with craig or anyone hahaha
Old 16-09-05, 01:41   #117
whiplash
Supramania

Car: 90 MK3 supra gt-ltd turbo with 1jz single turbo and manual conversion, 90 mk3 supra with 2jzgte powa!
Trader Rating: (30)
Send a message via AIM to whiplash Send a message via MSN to whiplash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xibit0r
EVL: also there is no law that states a cop has to get you on a certain amount of things... a police officer only has to reasonably suspect your car of being un roadworthy and they can sticker it...
dude my mate got stickerd on a stock out of factory vx commy. just because he thought the tint was too dark. and guess what the car came out of factory with that tint

dude just face it there are ****head cops out there that have no idea about some of the rules. yes you should do the right thing and get permits and stuff but even when people try to do the right thing they are able to still sticker you for the things that you have already had checked over.

there are all different types of reasonalbe doubt but sometimes its just too far.

lol by the way i almost got a yellow 5 mins ago from coming home. fact is the car deserved the yellow but was lucky enough to have a nice coppa who let me cuise home around the corner. and yes it was for stupid things that i new but couldnt be bothered to fix but i am now.
Old 16-09-05, 01:49   #118
whiplash
Supramania

Car: 90 MK3 supra gt-ltd turbo with 1jz single turbo and manual conversion, 90 mk3 supra with 2jzgte powa!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL
yeh i've only once heard about a person getting it peeled off for free and that was he had his car over the pits then drove 5 min down the road and got a yellow. he went back and they pulled it off for him. im just offering suggestions as to how they could make it more accesible for especially younger drivers to know what they can and cant do to their cars. the traffic act is too long to read but maybe release a handbook like the ones you get when your doing your licence for just some faq's about mods and permits... im not whinging about getting yellows. i have only had one and that was for my old vl which is now out of commission lol i took it on the chin but it was a sad day
dude i dont believe its the people owning the cars that need the handbook but the coppas.

most of the time people that do cars up try and do it right because they dont want the hassel. well i dont know about everyone else but i know i do.

anyway i think that there should be a handbook that police should have with them whenever they suspect that a modification is not legit. that way they can just look it up in the handbook and see for themselves rather than just slapping a sticker on the car cos they THINK IT IS rather than KNOW IT IS. and also the people with the cars can carry with them also.

i believe that will be the only way in which everyone will have a fair idea of what is and isnt allowed. and therefore nobody will be able able to winge about it. and also will take away all the crappy cops out there who think they know everything.
Old 16-09-05, 10:46   #119
Xibit0r
phwoarrrrr

whiplash: did ur mate get the sticker peeled off for free? without doing anything?
Old 16-09-05, 11:58   #120
stock_as
Gold Members

Car: VX GTS
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to stock_as
cops are farked they gave me a yellow in my mums stock standard senator with stock rims and brand new tyres has stock exhaust no tint and a standard ryco air filter i didnt do any thing wrong just pulled into a car park and they pulled me up and end up sayin that they werent gonna let me go until they found somethin to give me a sticker for i end up gettin it for my seatbelt not retracting quick enough

we took it to the pits a couple days later the guy looked at it and laughed and pulled the sticker off but we still had to pay for it
Old 16-09-05, 12:23   #121
LiL_RaCh

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock_as
cops are farked they gave me a yellow in my mums stock standard senator with stock rims and brand new tyres has stock exhaust no tint and a standard ryco air filter i didnt do any thing wrong just pulled into a car park and they pulled me up and end up sayin that they werent gonna let me go until they found somethin to give me a sticker for i end up gettin it for my seatbelt not retracting quick enough

we took it to the pits a couple days later the guy looked at it and laughed and pulled the sticker off but we still had to pay for it
now thats just a point of showing cops want to be a**holes! and theres no need for it! they should be picking on the cars that are bunky as hell not roadworthy whatsoever, instead of us people who care and adore cars and fix them to be hot! really annoys me!
Old 16-09-05, 12:32   #122
SHAUNUS
Player

Car: D40 Outlaw on 24's, 2013 CRF 450, 2010 CRF 250
mate of myne has a 300zx imported went through pits and all and then the cops said get the $#% out off the car pushed him to the ground and said hahahaha now what can we yellow sticker you for and tried to give him one for a few drops of water on the ground under the car! like come on wtf hahahaha was a full jerk to him we were parked in a car park eating lunch!!!!
Old 16-09-05, 12:33   #123
Steve
( . Y . )

Car: Calais
yeah well
we can sit here bitching about them,
but theyre gonna still keep doing it.
Old 16-09-05, 13:14   #124
BADVLSL
10 Sec VLT.. err.. to 100

Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via MSN to BADVLSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz
**** off beejay no one likes u
Ay!... dont make me fly over there!
Old 16-09-05, 13:14   #125
whiplash
Supramania

nah my mate had to pay for the thing to be ripped off. and rach im with you my bunky shoulda got stickered but i got away with it which im happy for cos i dont have the money to take it off.

haha and BOOST there useually is going to be water on the ground if there is aircon on or if the engine is running hot and coolant overflows.