Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Queensland
Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 31-10-08, 14:02   #7626
qic88
OJE730

Car: Ex MAVJET, white over silver s2 vlct
Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via MSN to qic88
Yeah apparently 540kw was the final outcome, can anyone confirm??

Jacko
Old 31-10-08, 15:28   #7627
aquabat
Official Member

Car: BMW E46 318i Executive
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to aquabat
..and it is also for sale.

http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showth...97#post1988697

Jason.
Old 31-10-08, 15:44   #7628
A-TT5.7
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Yeah I got sent another pic of 533rwkw & after he mentioned it did 540rwkw.

Last edited by A-TT5.7; 31-10-08 at 15:50.
A-TT5.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-08, 18:38   #7629
RB30X
Still a player

Car: 570Z
Trader Rating: (26)

Jezzz. What sort of times is he running.
RB30X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 09:12   #7630
A-TT5.7
Player

Car:
Hasn't run it yet,caught up with Kent & B-rad as they passed through Childers last night on their way to Brissy.Kent said he was averaging 16.4L/100km,which is pretty impressive,considering it's a 3speed.
Old 01-11-08, 09:34   #7631
aquabat
Official Member

Is his top gear 1:1?

If that's all it is with a top gear of 1:1 (2spd or 3spd) then you have wonder why people are always against them.

Let us know how he goes tonight Cody.

Jason.
Old 01-11-08, 10:24   #7632
LCXU1RB30
Player

Car: XU1 Torana
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via Yahoo to LCXU1RB30
Hey is any one heading out to the drags tonight for a run or a look? thinking about heading out but wanted to know if its going to be worth it???

Clay
LCXU1RB30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 13:38   #7633
A-TT5.7
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabat
Is his top gear 1:1?

If that's all it is with a top gear of 1:1 (2spd or 3spd) then you have wonder why people are always against them.

Let us know how he goes tonight Cody.

Jason.
Yeah 1:1,no overdrive.
I think he is racing on wednesday night.

How cool is this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HAYAB...=p4506.c0.m245

Last edited by A-TT5.7; 01-11-08 at 14:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-11-08, 15:08   #7634
qldvl5spd
Player

Car: Vlt
Trader Rating: (5)
Hi after buying the mx7 out of 'yella terra' from jason as a box with no noises and shifts well. I have put it in the car with new throwout bearing, clutch, spigot, etc. It shifts well yes.But The box is extremely noisy in 1st 2nd 3rd gears and at idle with clutch out. Which usually means layshaft bearing. Anyway I am told a few members down their actually drove the car and can vouch for its non noisy condition. If it is the case that it wasnt noisy id love to know how a box gets noisy like that.. Anyway just interested in the oppinions of the people that drove it. You do not have to be listening for the noise to hear it thats for sure..
qldvl5spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 15:21   #7635
Jubs11
Official Member

Car: VS GTS (352)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qldvl5spd
Hi after buying the mx7 out of 'yella terra' from jason as a box with no noises and shifts well. I have put it in the car with new throwout bearing, clutch, spigot, etc. It shifts well yes.But The box is extremely noisy in 1st 2nd 3rd gears and at idle with clutch out. Which usually means layshaft bearing. Anyway I am told a few members down their actually drove the car and can vouch for its non noisy condition. If it is the case that it wasnt noisy id love to know how a box gets noisy like that.. Anyway just interested in the oppinions of the people that drove it. You do not have to be listening for the noise to hear it thats for sure..

Hey mate
The day after Jas picked that car up i went round for a drive cuz i am lookin to go manual i can vouch for that box no worries it drove fine no noises that i could here it shifted great clutch felt fine to
Jubs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 16:18   #7636
aquabat
Official Member

Yes Ian. There is Justins opinion who is the only member who drove the car, but not the only member to witness that it made no such noises while it was in my possession. Kyle/ Jacko (qic88) was also with us on the night. My Brother, Matt(even though it could be seen as kind of irrelevant due to him being my Brother) will also vouch for the condition of the box and that it infact made NO NOISES.

There could be a number of contributing facts Ian and I already took it upon myself to apologise to you now that you feel you need to get it rebuilt but myself AND others do not believe this is the case.

Furthermore, you've had the gearbox for around a fortnight now mate. How do I know that you haven't had the gearbox in the car for a week, flogged the f*ck out of it, wrecked it and now your trying to get a refund which you haven't stated is what you want but there's nothing else you could be chasing. Second to this, how am I not to know that the gearbox/ the entire assembly was not incorrectly installed?

It might even be possible for HAVIC (the previous owner) to say the gearbox was in good condition but even then, that would really be throwing the whole situation right out of proportion as once the car was sold to me, it became my responsibility. Once again, when the gearbox was passed on, it's no longer my responsibility as I did sell it as a good gearbox and in my possession the gearbox was in good working order.

Jason.
Old 01-11-08, 16:37   #7637
qldvl5spd
Player

Quote:
Yes Ian. There is Justins opinion who is the only member who drove the car, but not the only member to witness that it made no such noises while it was in my possession. Kyle/ Jacko (qic88) was also with us on the night. My Brother, Matt(even though it could be seen as kind of irrelevant due to him being my Brother) will also vouch for the condition of the box and that it infact made NO NOISES.

There could be a number of contributing facts Ian and I already took it upon myself to apologise to you now that you feel you need to get it rebuilt but myself AND others do not believe this is the case.

Furthermore, you've had the gearbox for around a fortnight now mate. How do I know that you haven't had the gearbox in the car for a week, flogged the f*ck out of it, wrecked it and now your trying to get a refund which you haven't stated is what you want but there's nothing else you could be chasing. Second to this, how am I not to know that the gearbox/ the entire assembly was not incorrectly installed?

It might even be possible for HAVIC (the previous owner) to say the gearbox was in good condition but even then, that would really be throwing the whole situation right out of proportion as once the car was sold to me, it became my responsibility. Once again, when the gearbox was passed on, it's no longer my responsibility as I did sell it as a good gearbox and in my possession the gearbox was in good working order.

Jason.
Mate I have had the box for 1 week because i do recall i picked it up last weekend. Further more clutch only arrived yesterday at lunch time aswell as having to have the flywheel machined. And the box was put in last night with myself my brother and his friend and finished this morning due to leaky rear main which was replaced this morning when the bearing shop was open. 2 people with over 20yrs of automotive mechanics behind them the box was not installed incorrectly. So their goes the theory of me flogging the car for a week aswell. Now If you baught a gearbox from me and I stated to you that the box was not noisy at all etc. you get the box home put it in and boom noisy you wouldnt be happy either. Yeah I would expect some saught of reimbursment but f#ck all. Thats not going to happen and I dont really care.

What i would like some oppinions on is how the box/bearing could stuff up sitting under a patio (dry) for 7 days?

Ian
Old 01-11-08, 20:31   #7638
RB30X
Still a player

Jezz you're in the wars Jason.

Ripping people off (un-intentionally???) on this forum, and asking for your head to be kicked in on another (HSV).

What's going on?

Do you feel unwanted because no-one has argued with you for a couple of pages now, getting all emo on us?? You can argue with me if it makes you feel better.
Old 02-11-08, 09:31   #7639
aquabat
Official Member

I can vouch for this box. Drove fine when i drove it. No noises ( whining griding etc).

MATT
Old 02-11-08, 09:35   #7640
LCXU1RB30
Player

Car: XU1 Torana
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via Yahoo to LCXU1RB30
surely someone out there has a timing belt cover they want to sell??? Need one to tune my car, so I can set the timing first before it goes in for its tune

Clay
LCXU1RB30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 09:42   #7641
aquabat
Official Member

How about a wreckers clay??

MAtt

Quote:
I can vouch for this box. Drove fine when i drove it. No noises ( whining griding etc).

MATT
Thanks for replying in MY account I was just about to reply in MYSELF, Matt.

I couldn't remember if it was a week or two weeks. I'm not making accusations, I'm just throwing sh*t out in the wind.

I don't know what has gone wrong with the box Ian, and yes I would be annoyed to, but I wouldn't be questioning the previous owner. It's second hand gear (even though I honestly believe it was in good condish). It has actually happened to me too. I can also remember when Matt brought the turbo setup from Pete and all the exhaust studs were snapped off in the exhaust housing, so Jacko who ended up with the setup was out of pocket to have them re-drilled and tapped.

But back to the actual point, I have vouched that the box was GENUINELY in very good condition and so have/ will a few further members when it was in my possession. As you stated in your message, it couldn't have been damaged on the way back in the tray of the ute, well it just may could have been? I'm not one in the position to say that it was and you aren't in the position to say that it wasn't. Anything could have happened.

When it was in my possession it was in good working order.

Jason.

Last edited by aquabat; 02-11-08 at 09:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
aquabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 11:01   #7642
86psi
Gold Members

Car: 86psi slow blue piece of poo, evo III daily
Trader Rating: (6)
it doesnt matter if it was fine when it was in your possesion. He obviously paid for what was suppose to be a good gearbox which has not been provided. Sorry to say but he is in the right. Do the right thing and either refund his money or rebuild the box for him. I usually dont say much in this thread anymore because of all the bulls_hit in here but somethings need to be said if you want to argue the point with me go ahead im just saying what is the right thing to do.
Old 02-11-08, 11:05   #7643
aquabat
Official Member

I can't be bothered arguing with you fella, but like I said the box was DEFINETELY in good condition, when it was in my possession.

It wasn't supposed to be a good box, it was a good box.

Jason.
Old 02-11-08, 12:29   #7644
vtclubby
Player

Car:
great figures out of that xr6. should do a nine easy.
vtclubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 17:51   #7645
qldvl5spd
Player

Yeah box got rachet strapped tight down on a tyre (no rim) so nothing could of happened the straps I used are good for a few tonn. Im not going to bother arguing with you. I know what I paid for i Know what I received.. Its really got me f8cked how it could just happen like that if it was indeed a good box and nothing at all was done wrong at my end how it happens i dont know. Box will come out throw what bearings it needs in it. Cant see it being anything other then input shaft or layshaft bearings with the symptoms it has. Unless their is something worse stuffed hopefully not the case though.

Ian

Last edited by qldvl5spd; 02-11-08 at 17:54.
Old 03-11-08, 17:38   #7646
13FLAT
Gold Members

Car: Work ute, xtrail
Trader Rating: (3)
lol
Old 03-11-08, 19:02   #7647
15PSI
Player

Car: VLF-18 is out and about
Holy crap Mather actually posted Anyway turbo got here today bolted straight on only have to modify my cooler piping in some way and get braided water feed and return lines made up should be going by thursday night
Old 03-11-08, 20:36   #7648
RB30X
Still a player

So it's an oil 'and water' cooled big boy aye.
Old 03-11-08, 20:38   #7649
15PSI
Player

Car: VLF-18 is out and about
GT4202, 1.22 rear housing
Old 03-11-08, 21:27   #7650
cal-a-kid
Player

Car: LX Torana hatch ---> with an rb30et
Trader Rating: (8)
mmmmmmmmm nice turbo Terry... I should be out and about in a week or two as well... anyone else feeling a decent cruise coming on?

Dean
Quote:
The Torana would have won - Jason.
cal-a-kid is offline   Reply With Quote