User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Queensland
Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 26-01-07, 19:10   #2576
13FLAT
Gold Members

Car: Work ute, xtrail
Trader Rating: (3)
Madcore so here come the 10s hey lol beat reily again lol that is what I am talking about 10.8 is the time to beat Aguis made 320 but he reckons he backed off early to run a 10.8 hahaha so used to sand bagging he doesn't know how to hold it flat to the end of the strip lol

Ash's is mad deano is passed out already we chopped up !
Old 27-01-07, 14:00   #2577
cal-a-kid
Player

Car: LX Torana hatch ---> with an rb30et
Trader Rating: (8)
quack quack ... i got a golden duck...HAHAHAHA

Dean
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabat
The Torana would have won - Jason.
cal-a-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-07, 20:41   #2578
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 575hpi
Madcore so here come the 10s hey lol beat reily again lol that is what I am talking about 10.8 is the time to beat Aguis made 320 but he reckons he backed off early to run a 10.8 hahaha so used to sand bagging he doesn't know how to hold it flat to the end of the strip lol

Ash's is mad deano is passed out already we chopped up !
That's strange, I haven't heard Agius say anything about backing off to run a 10.8 and I hear most things that he has to say. Also if he is so used to backing off, than how did he win the Winternationals in 2006! Besides he ran a 10.9. Try getting your info right before you open your mouth.

Last edited by 985136; 29-01-07 at 07:16.
985136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-07, 22:12   #2579
aquabat
Official Member

Car: BMW E46 318i Executive
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to aquabat
Please don't ruin our thread by trying to start fights mate. Would be devistating, if it was to be closed, due to arguing.

A 13 flat pass, is considerabley respectable as far as I'm concerned for a street car. Matt's times will only get better and better anyway.

Jason.
Old 28-01-07, 08:33   #2580
cal-a-kid
Player

13.0's on street tyres isn't a bad effort... wait until the glide is in there!

gotta love one post wonders...

Dean
Quote:
Old 28-01-07, 09:57   #2581
RB30X
Still a player

Car: 570Z
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 985136
That's strange, I haven't heard Agius say anything about backing off to run a 10.8 and I hear most things that he has to say. Also if he is so used to backing off, than how did he win the Winternationals in 2006! Besides he ran a 10.9. Try getting your info right before you open your mouth. What I hear you ran a 13.0 with 255kw now that's a joke!
It is possible to win the Winternationals while backing of to keep under your dial in, just means your racing other crap drivers. You are reffering to Townsville's winternats arn't you or was that Australia's. 10.9 out of a trailer car running on avgas with a motor stroked to it's capacity and needs rebuilding every 5kms not 50 000kms, in a car thats had more money spent on it than your house hardly seems like anything to brag about, specially when your as old as he is. 10.9 out of a street car that you can drive home on the M/T street radials, that's gunna get respect. I have noticed that Tony has seen what the VLT is capable of, (he's been driving one around for probably ten years), but I spose you already know that too. Why don't you tell use the real story then, kw figures, mph, his plans for this car and maybe even some pics.
Old 28-01-07, 12:36   #2582
petes vlt
Player

Car: vl turbocalais,xr6 junkute,wrx
Send a message via MSN to petes vlt
lol hahahaha
myself i reckon anything that does 13 or better is a very decent car and 10.9 is unreal however you get there..... but lets just keep our negitive comments to ourselfs
peter
Old 28-01-07, 13:27   #2583
13FLAT
Gold Members

Retracted statement

Last edited by 13FLAT; 28-01-07 at 17:50.
13FLAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-07, 16:19   #2584
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB30X
It is possible to win the Winternationals while backing of to keep under your dial in, just means your racing other crap drivers. You are reffering to Townsville's winternats arn't you or was that Australia's. 10.9 out of a trailer car running on avgas with a motor stroked to it's capacity and needs rebuilding every 5kms not 50 000kms, in a car thats had more money spent on it than your house hardly seems like anything to brag about, specially when your as old as he is. 10.9 out of a street car that you can drive home on the M/T street radials, that's gunna get respect. I have noticed that Tony has seen what the VLT is capable of, (he's been driving one around for probably ten years), but I spose you already know that too. Why don't you tell use the real story then, kw figures, mph, his plans for this car and maybe even some pics.
Ok mate, obviously you know sweet fa about drag racing otherwise you would know that the winternationals are in Ipswitch at Willowbank raceway.This must mean that the other 120 racers in super sedan bracket at the biggest race in the world are crap drivers! I don't think so! Now as for 10.9 out of a trailer car let me tell you that this vh commodore has run 9.85@136mph, it runs anywhere from 9.8 to 10.3 at 133 to 136mph depending on the track conditions.This is a complete street car, no tubs standard suspension not even 90/10 shocks. The engine is a 355ci and it runs on unleaded fuel. The car has cost to date including the initial purchase about $30000.00 so I would hate to see your house. The car that you were talking about that ran 10.9 was a vl turbo that was driven to the track on pump fuel, first time out third pass. The car is a full street car that gets driven every day. He also owns a vl calais that runs 12.8@108 on street tyres with 180kw at the treads. All street cars. You want figures the vh shows 630 moroso hp, the vl made 320kw at the rear and the calais as I said made 180kw at the rear.
Old 28-01-07, 17:18   #2585
aquabat
Official Member

Post up some pictures of the cars or BAN.

Jason.
Old 28-01-07, 18:05   #2586
RB30X
Still a player

How much of a run up did he get with the 12.8 @ 108 with 180kw.

Oh and have a read of this entire thread and you'll get an over view of what people in townsville think of this guy you worship.
Old 28-01-07, 18:11   #2587
13FLAT
Gold Members

Ok well boys I have re-thought my statements thanks to a friendly phone call this afternoon ...

It is quiet clear to me that the person that you are all talking to is the man himself either directly or indirectly it is irrelevant ^^^ I can say that as I am pretty sure that I am one of the only people on here that has actually spoken to him in the flesh and would like to say to yous all that we don't really have all the facts or the knowledge about the situation !

I shouldn't have posted my statements above I feel pretty silly for wrecking our thread by singling out a person that I must say I don't really know bar from the conversations that I have had with him !

What I do know is that he does have at least 3 decent commodores that all do preform decent numbers which were all built by him with minimal help from others bar some advice and in the case of his vl some tuning! Which in reallity sounds very similar to myself and I hold that in high appreciation! I don't hold a grudge with anyone really so I will leave it at that. What I do know is that I have burnt my bridges in ways that I am not 100 % sure of yet but will find out!

I think as pete has said we should leave our negative comments to ourselves
what I will say is that at the moment he does have the quickest vl getting around followed closely by reily who will definetly run into the 10s with it next trip out to the strip! But in saying that I don't know exactly what it was that has upset him bar the fact that I bought a set of number plates that I found out afterwards he wanted to buy for the car that I didn't know he was going to register !

Moving on we are all in this as people with a common interest and I think that we should at least be civil to each other and show each other some respect we are all from different walks of life and different social groups. I think that I speak for everyone when I say that I don't care who owns the fastest vl in townsville I just want to see it go and if that means we have to help each other out with getting there then so be it !

This is the "Townsville Talent" thread not the bag the crap out of everyone that we don't like that has a nice vl thread! It just isn't right sorry !

Mather

PS I am wrecking a vl so if any one needs and fiddly **** door stays trims winders knobs and thing give us a yell because it will be getting towed away to be crushed soon!
Old 28-01-07, 18:39   #2588
Player

Car:
Quote:

Oh and have a read of this entire thread and you'll get an over view of what people in townsville think of this guy you worship.
No run up at all, it's not rocket science. 180kw will run 108mph in a vl all day long. If you look on the moroso slide rule 108mph is good for a 12.1 with perfect traction and the right diff gears and stall. EASY
Old 28-01-07, 19:03   #2589
petes vlt
Player

Car: vl turbocalais,xr6 junkute,wrx
Send a message via MSN to petes vlt
Quote:

well if you ask me tony is a top fella and not only has he worked on my car but he has help me out with info day in day out !!!!!! He is an exellent machanic and has some of townsvilles quickest cars!!!!!!!
Thanks
Peter
Old 28-01-07, 20:16   #2590
cal-a-kid
Player

985136, 985136, who the ***** is 985136????

I reckon this is great guys, the competition is heating up, the cars are getting so much faster and better prepared, if everyone keeps pushing each other along it won't be long until Townsville has a similar VLT/RB30 scene as some of the other states... This is awesome, I've always liked someone that backs themselves with anything they do...

I've never really met Tony only said hello quickly when Weller was showing me his blue calais out at the drags when it first ran but I don't think you need to worry about what any of us say, you have the runs on the board so to speak and we are all playing catch up. It would be nice to hear some specs on your car, without giving to much away, and what you have found works and what doesn't out at the Townsville drag strip, not onlt with your vlt but also the vh... If you don't want to share that information that is fine as well. If you are spending time on this site, and in the "townsville talent" thread it wouldn't hurt to contribute every now and then IMHO.

Riley there is no need to be sad about the plates... you can still get "90DRB" which says exactly the same thing... If I had a 25/30 I would get XXV30. XXV is 25 in roman numerals, therefore it essentially says 25/30 which is pretty cool if you ask me and it is still available.

Dean
Quote:
Old 28-01-07, 20:58   #2591
aquabat
Official Member

OR (I don't know if Riley uses this site or not) but 30DET was for sale on this site a little while back now. They are intense plates.

I don't know if they are still available but.

Yeah, I wanna see some pictures of these mad cars! I need a new background.

Jason.

PS: I should be going in this week, maybe the week after to get an LS1 edit. But there is one or two other thing's I want to do first.
Old 28-01-07, 21:39   #2592
15PSI
Player

Car: VLF-18 is out and about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 575hpi
Ok well boys I have re-thought my statements thanks to a friendly phone call this afternoon ...

It is quiet clear to me that the person that you are all talking to is the man himself either directly or indirectly it is irrelevant ^^^ I can say that as I am pretty sure that I am one of the only people on here that has actually spoken to him in the flesh and would like to say to yous all that we don't really have all the facts or the knowledge about the situation !

I shouldn't have posted my statements above I feel pretty silly for wrecking our thread by singling out a person that I must say I don't really know bar from the conversations that I have had with him !

What I do know is that he does have at least 3 decent commodores that all do preform decent numbers which were all built by him with minimal help from others bar some advice and in the case of his vl some tuning! Which in reallity sounds very similar to myself and I hold that in high appreciation! I don't hold a grudge with anyone really so I will leave it at that. What I do know is that I have burnt my bridges in ways that I am not 100 % sure of yet but will find out!

I think as pete has said we should leave our negative comments to ourselves
what I will say is that at the moment he does have the quickest vl getting around followed closely by reily who will definetly run into the 10s with it next trip out to the strip! But in saying that I don't know exactly what it was that has upset him bar the fact that I bought a set of number plates that I found out afterwards he wanted to buy for the car that I didn't know he was going to register !

Moving on we are all in this as people with a common interest and I think that we should at least be civil to each other and show each other some respect we are all from different walks of life and different social groups. I think that I speak for everyone when I say that I don't care who owns the fastest vl in townsville I just want to see it go and if that means we have to help each other out with getting there then so be it !

This is the "Townsville Talent" thread not the bag the crap out of everyone that we don't like that has a nice vl thread! It just isn't right sorry !

Mather

PS I am wrecking a vl so if any one needs and fiddly **** door stays trims winders knobs and thing give us a yell because it will be getting towed away to be crushed soon!
Mather ya cat nice way to back pedal, I don't give a sh*t what Tony thinks of me, never liked the guy never will and don't care if he reads this either
Old 29-01-07, 05:18   #2593
RB30X
Still a player

Quote:
No run up at all, it's not rocket science. 180kw will run 108mph in a vl all day long. If you look on the moroso slide rule 108mph is good for a 12.1 with perfect traction and the right diff gears and stall. EASY

well what diff gears and stall did you run?

I tried to tell you I ran 13.8 @ 106mph when you came to buy my car and you laughed at me, standard stall with 3.89 diff gears.
Old 29-01-07, 14:43   #2594
aquabat
Official Member

A 12.1 second VL with 180kw's at the wheels. That would be sick!

Jason.
Old 29-01-07, 16:09   #2595
cal-a-kid
Player

eddie bought 30DET for his VL...

Dean
Quote:
Old 29-01-07, 18:42   #2596
Player

Car:
Quote:
well what diff gears and stall did you run?

I tried to tell you I ran 13.8 @ 106mph when you came to buy my car and you laughed at me, standard stall with 3.89 diff gears.
3.45 diff gears with a 3000 stall. I laughed because I thought you were spinning a yarn about it running 106mph.
Old 29-01-07, 20:52   #2597
cal-a-kid
Player

Any specs Tony or is it all hush hush??? How many degree advance are you running in the drag car? What computer are you using in your drag vl? Did Pete from TMS tune it? What power is it making? Gearbox and stall? Do abit of a write up on your car if you wouldn't mind, I would love to hear about what combinations you have gone for and why, as you would have more experience than most of us when it comes to building a fast drag car, sand-bagging or not...

Dean
Quote:
Old 29-01-07, 22:06   #2598
13FLAT
Gold Members

LOL haha Tim I sent one text to the editor the other day and they put it in today ! Madcore !

Texted about the dragstrip and all the people that are crying because they think it will get closed soon !

Check this out

www.townsvilledragway.com
Old 30-01-07, 05:09   #2599
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal-a-kid
Any specs Tony or is it all hush hush??? How many degree advance are you running in the drag car? What computer are you using in your drag vl? Did Pete from TMS tune it? What power is it making? Gearbox and stall? Do abit of a write up on your car if you wouldn't mind, I would love to hear about what combinations you have gone for and why, as you would have more experience than most of us when it comes to building a fast drag car, sand-bagging or not...

Dean
No secrets here Dean, the vh runs 24 degrees total advance. The vl has a microtech in it that pete at TMS tuned. We stopped at 320kw as the engine was brand spankin until i get a few more miles on it. I fitted my trimatic out of the vh in it and it has a TCE converter. It's got a 35/40 garrett, rajab intake, 6 boost exhaust,sure cam,my own vernier gear that I made.It's fairly basic.
Old 30-01-07, 10:54   #2600
larry
Player

Car: Calais Turbo
Trader Rating: (9)
Quote:
No secrets here Dean, the vh runs 24 degrees total advance. The vl has a microtech in it that pete at TMS tuned. We stopped at 320kw as the engine was brand spankin until i get a few more miles on it. I fitted my trimatic out of the vh in it and it has a TCE converter. It's got a 35/40 garrett, rajab intake, 6 boost exhaust,sure cam,my own vernier gear that I made.It's fairly basic.

What has the motor got internally done to it? I am in the process of rebuilding the engine in my calais (I got the red over silver calais turbo, live like a street away from you) and i am a lil lost with wat i should be doing with it I only want to run like 300RWKW at the most as it is staying a street car. With your experience wat do you reckon i should be doing internally with the rebuild?

Jay

Last edited by larry; 30-01-07 at 10:56.
larry is offline   Reply With Quote