Calais Turbo Advertising

Old 16-05-05, 18:22   #1
lozza
Player

Car: 1988 VL Calais Turbo Cardinal Red Metallic
Trader Rating: (0)
Possible VL Calais Turbo Cruise : Yarra Valley

Gday Guys

Someone else mentioned this on another thread, and because i live in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne, i would love to organise it.

I wont set a date, but rest assured the cruise will be on a Saturday in June......We will meet on the Saturday morning in the Lilydale area which is the Gateway to the Yarra Valley, Then, cruise along the Melba Highway through Yarra Glen and cut back along to Healsville , have a BBQ for lunch at a selected spot, and maybe cruise along the Black Spur ( Spectacular Scenery ) for a while just past Healsville and have another short stop - Finally, we can cruise back back down the Mahroondah Hwy to Lilydale and then people can make their way home.. The entire cruise has many great spots for photos and i will make sure i bring my digital camera ! It also has heaps of long 100 kmph stretches or road and some nice windy bits of road too !

All up, the cruise would probably be about 150 - 200 km in length -

How does that sound ?

*** PLEASE NOTE: This cruise will be only for VL Calais and VL Turbo's

For people who are keen, please "PM Me" and i will get you all the details once i organise it completely....

Cheers

Lozza

Last edited by lozza; 16-05-05 at 18:30.
lozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-05, 19:29   #2
vlbabygurl
Player

Car: VT 9C1
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to vlbabygurl
um... so that means that n/a vl's cant come... thats a bit harsh aye... i mean id b up for it but i dun think ill b accepted as neither of my vl's r either a a calais or a turbo... y no n/a vl's we r as much part of this club as anyone with a calais or a turbo... if pple rock up in n/a vl's u just gonna tell em to piss of??? i dont really think its fair that u only saying calais or turbo's should come... and what if members want to come but dont have their calais or turbo's?? they arent alowed either coz their rides dont meet the criterias?

Last edited by vlbabygurl; 16-05-05 at 20:02.
vlbabygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-05, 20:03   #3
[HAMOUD]
HDT LE #3501 9.92@140mph

Car: HDT VL Calais TURBO LE [#3501] 9.92@140mph
Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via MSN to [HAMOUD]
im in!
Old 16-05-05, 20:09   #4
vlbabygurl
Player

aye hamoud since im not alowed to take me car wanna gimme a lift... lol im like 20 mins from there... or we will have a pre meet at my house... lol!!!.. i mean there is a car park out the back..
Old 16-05-05, 20:44   #5
[HAMOUD]
HDT LE #3501 9.92@140mph

ok done lol ur riding in the calais turbo
Old 16-05-05, 20:51   #6
vlbabygurl
Player

lol sweet ... hey if i take my car ill meet uop wif ya sumwhere n we will cruise with ya... like ill follow ya agiin... lol like on the last cruise i went to... dude n can ya tell ya m8 80'ks on the free way is dangerous. lol
Old 16-05-05, 20:57   #7
REVENU
quarter throttle

Car: The maddest pushbike on the block
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to REVENU
IM IN im from the valley so its good for me !!!! got 2 other mates with VL turbo's in the valley who will also be up for it
REVENU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-05, 21:22   #8
Sav
SAVJET

Trader Rating: (16)
Send a message via MSN to Sav
haha i wanna see ur car hamoud u leb
Sav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-05, 21:34   #9
vlbabygurl
Player

hey sav u comeing in ur car... i wanna c ur car aswell... looks good in pix but does it look better in real life?? lol i know my car looks like it falling appart in real life
Old 16-05-05, 21:50   #10
Kingyvl
DVSLS1

Car: 223rwkw vt s2 ss
Trader Rating: (6)
Making it vl calais and vl turbo's only is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard.

What about all the ppl who have been on this site for years and owned 1 or many vl calais or vl turbo's????

What thats it, they just can't come?

Mate did you know that the owner of this site no longer has his 2 vl's as he has recently sold them, He can't come either then!!!

We have sponsors who have vl's and some that have just sold vl's.....Not very good to to say that our sponsors can't come on a cruise!!!

Are you going to go as far as saying that ppl with rb20det or rb26dett can't come cos they are not factory engines??? I mean thats how stupid your "Please note" is.

Alot of ppl who are regular cruise attenders and have mates who come along in other cars might not want to come because they can't enjoy the cruise with there mates.

It is like advertising for position vacant, but only saying that the applicants must be female.

Mate, I was all keen for this cruise as I attended nearly all ct cruises when I had my vlct up untill afew weeks ago, So now the only difference I can't come is that I drive a vt???

I still love vl's and am on this site everyday........

Can't wait to see what others think about this.

Have a good 1.

Girl scouts....I Took 2 Boxes!!!
Kingyvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-05, 21:56   #11
Sav
SAVJET

Trader Rating: (16)
Send a message via MSN to Sav
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlbabygurl
hey sav u comeing in ur car... i wanna c ur car aswell... looks good in pix but does it look better in real life?? lol i know my car looks like it falling appart in real life
yeah my car looks mad in real life.. just ask people who have seen it.. oh and hamoud u havent saw it yet HaHa
Sav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-05, 22:00   #12
VLRB20DET
Time for another NISSAN!

Car: 2010 WR450F
Trader Rating: (10)
The idea of the crusie to the Yarra Valley is a good idea but restricing cars that are allowed to come along is stupid, yes it would be great to see a cruise of Just VL's

But the fact is not everone owns a VL, alot of the members on here used to own them and have updated to newer cars etc

This kind of shows why I would like to see this part of the forum left up to the paying members/mods etc to make up the cruises, so its fair to everyone and most of us "paying members" have been on here a long time and know how to organise a cruise properly
VLRB20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-05, 22:47   #13
SmiK_vL
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (11)
**** PLEASE NOTE : Pi5s off im bring my n/a so too bad just wait till after june 2nd cos i will have my p's then hope to see alot of VLS crusing down this way...
SmiK_vL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-05, 22:54   #14
obrutvl
Gold Members

Car: vl bt1
i have a na aswell and i would like to come so change the rule and it will be a good day
obrutvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-05, 23:30   #15
Kaddis
Gold Members

Car: FG XR6, GQ Ute
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to Kaddis
yeh i used to have a VL and just caus i don't anymore doesn't mean im not coming!! and it's soo close like 1min from my place!!!
Kaddis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-05, 23:35   #16
PSI-WGN
Gold Members

Car: fact vl turbo wagn ... not so factory like anymore.
Trader Rating: (9)
anyway what were you planing to do to the guys that rock up in non vls anyway? chase em off with sticks or sumthin? anyway ill be there too and yeah my car looks like s hit and goes like s hit.... off a shovel that is.
Old 17-05-05, 10:47   #17
.loz
Gold Members

Car: Purple e36 328i manual coupe
Trader Rating: (5)
3 cheers for lozza! (apart from restricting car's)

someone needed to organise something... and ill be in for sure!!
also maybe lozza means people from this site only?!?!?

and you said the magic word, saturday! ILL BE THERE FOR SURE!
Old 17-05-05, 14:40   #18
lozza
Player

^^^ Guys , just relax ...... ok !

I only said VL Turbo and VL Calais because people in earlier threads requested this. However, i will make this trip for anyone who owns any type of VL. But you must come in a VL, ok. And as i am the person organising it, my request is that you must come in a VL - This trip is for VL's only as its a VL Website, and thats what most people want that i have spoken to, so for this trip, its for anyone in a VL... Please PM Me if yr still interested as it will definitely be going ahead....

Cheers

Lozza
Old 17-05-05, 16:11   #19
F I L L I P O
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (117)
mate, thats so stupid, i think we should all boycott it, wtf do u have to be in a vl? wat farken difference does it make? are u going to tell ppl to piss of if they dont rock up in a vl or wat?
F I L L I P O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-05, 17:03   #20
[HAMOUD]
HDT LE #3501 9.92@140mph

can i come in my mums ford wagon with my dads boat on the back i swear ill put a turbo badge on it!
Old 17-05-05, 17:52   #21
Zanjara
FREE CANDY!

Car: 300ZX J-Spec
Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via MSN to Zanjara
well to start off with...

i dont see the point of most nothern suburbs people meeting on that side of the city to start with when it dont take long to get to the there anyways....

if you are just going to make up a cruise and stat stuff and say its vl calais and vl turbos only.. that pretty much means that people in non turbo SL's Exec and berlina's cannot come as they dont drive a VL turbo or a VL Calais....

it sounds like a good idea but i think you need to research it abit more and know where you are going to go etc..

you just cannot say we will meet here when it could put people off....

justin lay down the law my man!!!!

i think i might rock up in an xr6 turbo.. coz i can!
Zanjara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-05, 17:55   #22
Zanjara
FREE CANDY!

Car: 300ZX J-Spec
Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via MSN to Zanjara
ohh and btw justin sorry no LS1 sorry... its not a vl calais or a vl turbo....

as for cruises if you did noticed there is a group of us "paying members" who do put things together.. right now its abit hard with things that are going on... now if you wish to make your "own cruise" then go for it but you will notice it wont be as big..

as justin said alot of guys who are on this site have mates who drive different type of cars not just holden commodore/calais vl's...
Zanjara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-05, 18:36   #23
Kingyvl
DVSLS1

Car: 223rwkw vt s2 ss
Trader Rating: (6)
[QUOTE=Zanjara]

justin lay down the law my man!!!!

ohh and btw justin sorry no LS1 sorry... its not a vl calais or a vl turbo....

Nath, I think I expressed myself enough in my thread dude!!!!

Why don't you just make it that ppl off this site can come and there friends???
Then you would atleast know they have an interest in vl's.

I am telling ya Lozza, there will be atleast 10 ppl who will not show who usually do because they do not own or the friends do not own a vl.

What about all the new members who are saving really hard for a vl, but atm don't have 1, but still want to drive a car so they meet every1 and get involved in the site?

I could go on and on all day about how crap this is.

In the end it is your decision, but you might piss off alot of ppl in the process.

I am not an asshole who wants to wreck ur cruise, I just want for every1 to be involved and have a good day, that what this site is about. A bunch of commodore enthusiasts (yes mainly vl) who share information about themselves, there cars and a heap of car related mumbo jumbo.

cheers
Justin

Girl scouts....I Took 2 Boxes!!!
Kingyvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-05, 21:42   #24
vlbabygurl
Player

hey look lozza, ur still restricting cars... wat about the well known pple in this club who had vl's... so they cant come in their cars they have now if they aint a vl... and if they do.. u gonna refuse to tell them where to go or wat..??? ull b going to public places to haveing it as just a vl cruise wont work to well, they will all just follow and park with you..
Old 17-05-05, 21:44   #25
lozza
Player

^^^ LOL !

Geez, take a chill pill guys ! For God Sakes ! You guys are carrying on as if its the last cruise that will ever take place on the earth or something ! hehe !

PLEASE READ MY COMMENTS BELOW CAREFULLY :

I honestly didnt realise this was such a big deal to you guys . I apologise .. Sorry.... Obviously, everyone likes going on these cruises . I didnt realise that.... As i said earlier, when i read previous threads, i read several comments from people that specifically asked for someone to organise a "Strictly VL Calais Turbo Cruise", so i thought i would take it upon myself to organise this as i live in the Yarra Valley and i have a VL Calais Turbo.... But ok , if "ANYONE IN ANY CAR " wants to come along to the cruise, then thats fine. I am not here to argue with you guys, or discriminate against anyone... I wanna meet you all and get along as mates ... Lets all just have fun and enjoy all the cars that rock up !

But please understand that i only selected a VL CALAIS TURBO cruse to begin with as this is what several others requested in other threads. I hope u understand that it was never my intention to offend anyone, believe me

But if anyone wants to come along, then thats cool. Just PM me if you are interested and i will give u all the details within a week.

Lets not be childish about this... Lets all try to be adult like and get along.

Cheers

Lozza

Last edited by lozza; 17-05-05 at 21:56.
lozza is offline   Reply With Quote