CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > New South Wales
JD CUSTOM

Old 29-09-04, 22:48   #51
CAL415
Player

Car: #1 VL Calais Series II #2 Landrover Discovery II '02 4.0L V8 #3 VS Exec #4 VN 5 speed wagon #5 LR 110 Defender
Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via MSN to CAL415
i love the idea of the newcastle outlet of the CT club but still think others - especialy other commy drivers - should be allowed in, how about a pre-requsite of being an active member of the CT forums?
CAL415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-04, 23:54   #52
VL_GIRL!!
Player

Car: vl
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to VL_GIRL!!
haha yer but the glads r cool..
there is a couple of car clubs that have gone pretty good in cessnock and have branched out the sydney there all 4 cylinder cars but the club went good, it was cool 2 see all the other cars.. i think all there club had was hats and stickers on their windscreen but
VL_GIRL!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-04, 00:23   #53
MS VLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL415
i love the idea of the newcastle outlet of the CT club but still think others - especialy other commy drivers - should be allowed in, how about a pre-requsite of being an active member of the CT forums?
nah mick i personally think it is just VL's, we are a VL club, thats the bottom line, it would be like me going to join a astra club just cos i own a holden
Old 30-09-04, 00:28   #54
Slayar
Player

Car: VL Calais or CANT (Calais And Non Turbo)
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to Slayar
Yes... it Brings up an interesting Point... this is a Calais Turbo site... so wouldnt a VK Calais have more of a Right to be there then a VL Bel N/a...

I dont feel that we are looking at a Box inorder to peg a group, I think we would be more interested in the Character of the person then the car they Drive... or I can say for sure, anything we orginise official or not will end b4 it starts...

Last edited by Slayar; 30-09-04 at 00:31.
Slayar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-04, 01:07   #55
MS VLT

this site is dedicated to the VL calais yes, not the vk calais... why bring all this crap up, the bottom line is its a VL club, if u wanna go inviting everyone under the sun then call is a freaking holden club, thats wot street commodores is for
Old 30-09-04, 01:15   #56
Slayar
Player

Ouch, burn,

just saying cause not all people with VL's are as nice as the people here... and some of our VK/VN Brothers and sisters respect the code... I would Prefer to Cruze with old school VK Calais backing me up, then to Cruze with some ricer using the VL as mobile sperm bank for his mates...

I think it is tops, we are not even a Club and allready fighting on details.. Kinda Stresses the Point why we should keep it casual
Old 30-09-04, 01:24   #57
MS VLT

not really, its people bringing up unecessary **** that causes fighting... my points are relevant, this is a VL website for VL owners to come, if u wanna invite other people in go right ahead but it kind of defeats the purpose doesnt it? i mean i enjoy cruises a lot more with VL's rather then every other commodore, we arent here to support other makes or models, we are here for the one and only VL, im guessing if your brother didnt have a VK u wouldnt be stressing this as much? not just that a mobile sperm bank? wots that all about?
the special feeling when u r driving with another 20 VL's, thats something u cant describe, sorry but i totally disagree with u as im sure u have figured out and il stress this once again... STREET COMMODORES
its about feeling special that we all have 1 thing in common
Old 30-09-04, 02:18   #58
Slayar
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainstar
not really, its people bringing up unecessary **** that causes fighting... my points are relevant,
And other peoples arnt?

Quote:
this is a VL website for VL owners to come, if u wanna invite other people in go right ahead but it kind of defeats the purpose doesnt it?
No it doesnt, Having people of good Character matters more then having all VL's... what if all they Could afford was a VK Calais 5ltr V8... Very little Seperates them from a VL Calais V8... you would not have them come just cause the Lights are differnt? I have seen some Dam nasty Body kits on Some VLs. that Make a VK look more like a VL then some VL's do...

Quote:
i mean i enjoy cruises a lot more with VL's rather then every other commodore, we arent here to support other makes or models, we are here for the one and only VL,
Not All VL Drivers Can keep their loves on the road all the time... why should they Miss out on following the action just cause they Drive A differnt Car some of the time... as long as they show respect when it is photo time... I dont see what your problem with it is!..
We Joke about no Fords and all that.. but there was a Ford on the Calais estate Cruze.. and I feel it was better for it... It showed how open Minded we can be... and The Driver seemed a Decent guy, and moved his car out of the way for photo time...

Quote:
im guessing if your brother didnt have a VK u wouldnt be stressing this as much?
You would be Guessing wrong... I will allways fight for the under-dog

Quote:
not just that a mobile sperm bank? wots that all about?
Just Expressing that a good car, does not allways make good people...

Quote:
the special feeling when u r driving with another 20 VL's, thats something u cant describe, sorry but i totally disagree with u as im sure u have figured out and il stress this once again... STREET COMMODORES
its about feeling special that we all have 1 thing in common
your point of View is different to mine. and I respect that,
I dont see the Special Feeling as simply Driving with 20 other VL's,
I see it as 20 people Loveing and Respecting the 20 VL's they see... even if they cant own one Just yet, or the one they own is being sprayed or fixxed or somthing, and they can only drive at the back...
Old 30-09-04, 09:34   #59
a.player
Player

Car: lotus elise '02
Send a message via MSN to a.player
nice arguement guys!! lol

club or no club? and i kinda agree that it should be mostly vls, but i dont want to start another debate!!!
a.player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-04, 09:55   #60
Slayar
Player

I Agree With A.Player on this one... it should be Mostly VLs
Old 30-09-04, 10:23   #61
CAL415
Player

Car: #1 VL Calais Series II #2 Landrover Discovery II '02 4.0L V8 #3 VS Exec #4 VN 5 speed wagon #5 LR 110 Defender
yeh mostly VL's is a good idea, why dont we put it to a vote? lets see who is in this club so far and see what they think, the way i see it, no one is in charge so its majority rules, if everyone says no VK's then so be it, heck if everyone said it was only turbos then so be it.... or if everyone said only punch bugs - well then i would just think there all crazy.....

So far there is:

Rainstar - VL Only
Slayar - Mostly VL's
A.Player - Mostly VL's
Boostedcal - VL's Only
Me - CT Forum members/Mostly VL's
Boyracer - ????
smgreen87 - ????
VL Girl!! - ????
5speed - ????
87calais - ????
Have i missed anyone?
Old 30-09-04, 13:15   #62
87calais
legend

Car: '87 VLCT Manual, '11 VE SS-V Manual
Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via MSN to 87calais
Stop Fighting People!!!

This is the exact reason an "official n ewy VL club" wouldnt work.

Evryone has different opinions on evrything and you will never acheive a 100% agreement in anything.

Keep it simple, organise events through here, we are all already members here, why do we need to be members somewhere else to do what we can already do here?.

There is a whole truckload of merchandise being planned for calaisturbo.com.au very shortly and it is all quite reasonably priced and would have us all looking schmick.

Just way way way too much organisation in an official club, and while i would support it, i just dont have the time to put into getting it off the ground. There is so much behind the scenes work that needs to be done, paperwork etc, then theres all the positions that need to be filled i.e president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, etc etc etc, who is willing to give up their spare time to do these things?, meetings, minutes etc , all this HAS to be done every week/month/year to be official. ABN numbers, Taxation etc, reports , distribution of meeting minutes and reports etc.

Lets just keep it casual for now, have a few cruises and things, and see how it all goes,

Cheers.
Old 30-09-04, 13:38   #63
Slayar
Player

Could not have said it Better, 87Calais
Old 30-09-04, 15:00   #64
CAL415
Player

that sounds fair enuf, casual is the best way....

only thing i would like to make clear is if we do get some regular cruises we cant let people go doing stupid **** like draging down hunter st, maybe a little bit of fun here and there - there is a time and place for everything - but no reason to go stupid. If we all pull up in town it would be nice to just hang out, chat and cruise - dont try and race each other and silly ****. Everytime i take my calais for a cruise through town i get ****s trying to race me all the time....
Old 30-09-04, 15:58   #65
extroana
Player

Car: blue vlct and soon to be vlt wagon
Send a message via MSN to extroana
im in and my opinion is vls only but if others wanna come in there cars yeah let them come but no stickers ect for the other cars, these people are quite welcome to come on the cruises in my book but just be polite at photo time and let the vl's cruise then the others go behind.

my 2 cents people no offence intended in anything im a lover not a fighter.
extroana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-04, 17:30   #66
87calais
legend

Car: '87 VLCT Manual, '11 VE SS-V Manual
Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via MSN to 87calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL415
that sounds fair enuf, casual is the best way....

only thing i would like to make clear is if we do get some regular cruises we cant let people go doing stupid **** like draging down hunter st, maybe a little bit of fun here and there - there is a time and place for everything - but no reason to go stupid. If we all pull up in town it would be nice to just hang out, chat and cruise - dont try and race each other and silly ****. Everytime i take my calais for a cruise through town i get ****s trying to race me all the time....

Yeah definately, if this is going to be a regular thing the last thing we need is to be labeled a bunch of "hoons" by the local police.
Old 30-09-04, 18:39   #67
Slayar
Player

If we stay Solid, I think we will have a calming effect on people,.. and If we are all together doing the right thing, the Police will respect that and cut us some slack,.. at the End of the day, us doing the right thing, makes their jobs heaps easier, and if they are not looking over there sholders at us every ten mins, maybe they will be able to clean more Ricer-racers off the road
Old 30-09-04, 20:59   #68
VL_GIRL!!
Player

Car: vl
Send a message via MSN to VL_GIRL!!
that was summed up well slayar.. why is everyone getting so cut up about it geez! by the way does anyone know any good spray painters that are cheap n do a good job like back yard jobs..?
VL_GIRL!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-04, 21:08   #69
Slayar
Player

I know A Guy, will Chat to you when you come back online
Old 30-09-04, 22:52   #70
Boyracer
Polarized

Car: VL 5.0, VS 3.8
Trader Rating: (19)
OK looks like we are mostly a VL based group affiliated to this site and our shirts and stuff come from CALAIS TURBO,can anyone get some CT polo shirts up here to buy please.Now we need to set a date that suits everyone.
Bring on HUNTER CALAIS TURBO.
Old 30-09-04, 23:20   #71
Slayar
Player

Hunter? Reminds me of that Guy on the Bike with the Mouse in the Triangle house, and that Fake looking cat... you know... OoooOOooo Hunter...

Whats wrong with Newcastle?
Old 30-09-04, 23:38   #72
MS VLT

im not gonna change my point of view on this one at all, when ur in this kind of club u get a bit protective, i mean u dont see yamahas and hondas riding with the nomads do u.... no
Old 01-10-04, 00:14   #73
Boyracer
Polarized

Car: VL 5.0, VS 3.8
Trader Rating: (19)
Hunter is betta cause thats the way it is car clubs in the region it,s not just newcastle city.As for VLs only,I reckon mostly VLs but who could knock back a clean VK Calais,it,s not that important is it.Its not like a Honda.Anyway if we have a meeting we can discuss these issues and take a vote and majority rule.
Old 01-10-04, 00:46   #74
Slayar
Player

No Rainstar it would not be Like the Nomads Rideing with Yamahas and Hondas....

It would be like the diff between Nomads Riding with a
2004 Softail Standard (EFI),

And a old School
1981 Sportster XLH - XLH

Both Bikes I'm sure any Nomad would love to have with em,..

Mostly Because they are well Presented and respectful to the Image...
Old 01-10-04, 00:49   #75
MS VLT

ok get over it now, im right, ur wrong