Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > New South Wales
GRUNT Performance

Old 28-09-04, 18:51   #26
VL_GIRL!!
Player

Car: vl
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to VL_GIRL!!
haha yeah no offense but those jackets are pretty bad.. sum one should organise a newie cruise im up for that.. that way ppl who dont know many ppl wit VL's in newie (n i think that was smgreen87's intention) can have the chance...... cuz... woolongong is too far n i have to work!!!!
VL_GIRL!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-04, 18:55   #27
Boyracer
Polarized

Car: VL 5.0, VS 3.8
Trader Rating: (19)
OK,now we need a clubhouse to go with our jackets,whos house can we use to get pissed and listen to music after the cruises,we,ll need guns to protect us from the VK 308 gang.
Old 28-09-04, 19:21   #28
VL_GIRL!!
Player

hahaha yeah u can hav it at my house as long as i get one of those sexy jackets 4 free!
Old 28-09-04, 19:28   #29
MS VLT

actually the jacket looks like its from Happy Days... they are seriously gay looking, i dont like them... bwahahaha Andrew ur silly hehe and for people that wanna complain that wollongong is too far away think about it next time a newcastle cruise is organised and noone from sydney comes along... give a little get a little??
Old 28-09-04, 19:34   #30
Boyracer
Polarized

Thats the spirit,Slayar you organize some jackets with VL on the front, I,ll get some beer and vodka cruisers and well head out to VL Girls this weekend if thats ok for some music and car talk.
Old 28-09-04, 19:34   #31
Slayar
Player

Car: VL Calais or CANT (Calais And Non Turbo)
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to Slayar
hmmm 60 people if we all put in 4 grand each we would have $240 G's we could buy a Nice Place, turn it into a Phrat house Party Never Stops at Calais VLT Hq.. and Raise money running guns as Boyracer recomends maybe some hookers too... but got to be Careful not to step on anyones toes, the Glads run all of Maitland still I think...

The Girls Jacket could look like this... to Help with the Getting Disscounts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5-520.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	2429  
Old 28-09-04, 20:55   #32
VL_GIRL!!
Player

does that mean the girls drink the beer n u guys get the vodka cruisers or wat? cuz personally im a J.D girl
Old 28-09-04, 20:58   #33
MS VLT

bwahaha do i smell a piss up being planned? cos if there is im in fo sho
Old 28-09-04, 22:11   #34
Slayar
Player

It seems to be heading that way
Old 28-09-04, 22:44   #35
CAL415
Player

Car: #1 VL Calais Series II #2 Landrover Discovery II '02 4.0L V8 #3 VS Exec #4 VN 5 speed wagon #5 LR 110 Defender
Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via MSN to CAL415
I am all for a loosly based Newy commodore club, as long as i can drive my SS or VN along while the VL is off the road me and slayar have talked on many occasion about setting up something like this, but so much ****in aroound to organise, so a unoffical newy club would be sweet! no organisers, no president, no money(cept to buy some booze ) etc etc but it would be good to have a record of who is involved just so we know its worth while.

Slayar those jackets are rad man hahahahahha but i like the idea - old school jackets for old school car club...

Looks like there are pretty good numbers here,,, how about we start with a small cruise friday night or something?
CAL415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-04, 23:32   #36
MS VLT

dont get on here and take his side on the jackets mick, they r so not good lol
Old 29-09-04, 01:45   #37
extroana
Player

Car: blue vlct and soon to be vlt wagon
Send a message via MSN to extroana
ill take his side with the jakets they are actualy realy good and warm,the torana club has the same style of jakets and they also work excelent to hang over your seat when parked. theyare expensive though i think my torana one cost me about 200. im keen for a cruise with yas all i wanna meet the newcastle vl crew, if everyone is as helpfull as rainstar we would all get along terriffic.

guns, hookers, club house, piss, jackets wow my dreams inlife could come true.
extroana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-04, 12:31   #38
Boostedcal
SUCH IS LIFE

Car: VL Calaisturbo II 5speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainstar
and for people that wanna complain that wollongong is too far away think about it next time a newcastle cruise is organised and noone from sydney comes along... give a little get a little??
Exactly what i was thinking rainy..."People who are willing to go the extra mile end up miles ahead of the rest..."

Wollongong is about 3 or so hours away, and when ur cruzin with heaps of other car enthisists it seems to take no time at all, besides if you want to go on a cruz it doesnt matter where we go really, so long as people show up and we have some fun its a great day.
A bunch of us went on a Street Commodore cruz to the gong last year and it was an awesome day, especially that dude in the VS Calais who thought he could fly his way out of Kiama (the people who were there will know what I mean) and that was a priceless bit of fun watching that.......hahaha, another time was an ANZAC cruz which rained out ant then turned out effin awesome...
Its not the place, time of year or anything like that, the people who attend are the ones that make a successful cruz. i hope this makes sense and doesnt offend anyone....
Old 29-09-04, 13:02   #39
a.player
Player

Car: lotus elise '02
Send a message via MSN to a.player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayar
hmmm 60 people if we all put in 4 grand each we would have $240 G's we could buy a Nice Place, turn it into a Phrat house Party Never Stops at Calais VLT Hq.. and Raise money running guns as Boyracer recomends maybe some hookers too... but got to be Careful not to step on anyones toes, the Glads run all of Maitland still I think...

The Girls Jacket could look like this... to Help with the Getting Disscounts
lol! sold!!!
a.player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-04, 18:46   #40
Boyracer
Polarized

Jokes aside,the jackets are optional,we have some mad roads around newy and there is a lot better than doing laps of nobbys to do.
First we gotta have meeting point for a meeting and discuss this and keep an unofficial record of our members.We can discuss what sort of activities we can get into and maybe a name for the group e.g Newcastle VK-VL CALAIS?
I thought VKs should be allowed as they are the VL sister car and there is,nt many anyway,
Old 29-09-04, 19:13   #41
Slayar
Player

Quote:
I thought VKs should be allowed as they are the VL sister car and there is,nt many anyway,
Nice... that Keeps me and My Brother happy

we Need our own Bar... Something with a Good car park.. A Pub that could use our Business, But still be happy to give a disscount... a Pub with a Pool table... A pub with an empty wall so we can Fill it with Black and white Photos of us all togeather on Cruzes And Next to our Cars when we Beat our Best lap times... and when Some New Guy trys to throw you out of the Bar.. you can say... Hey!! I dont see your Pic on the wall of Heros!...

We need a Bar that wont let me on the Internet to Ramble after I have been Drinking

anyone Friendly with any pub owners?
Old 29-09-04, 19:39   #42
Boostedcal
SUCH IS LIFE

G&D Tavern in east maitland would be spot on....great beer, friendly bar staff, undercover parking at Greenhills if it storms and a spare parts shop up the hill...

Its a bit out of newy but thats my local.....lol
Old 29-09-04, 19:46   #43
Slayar
Player

i would be happy to drive that far.. if it ment my wheels would be safe while I was Drinking... I know the Area, some Good Quiet Places... Plus Close for our Friends out at Neck-nock... and only 20 mins from Newy
There is an Irish pub near there thats allright... and they have a Brewery that plays some good tunes.. Plus a Movie Complex that lets you buy Vodka with your PopCorn

http://www.promotionalclothing.com.a...ll_jacket.html
Not a bad Price,
But would be cool if other people Posted some idea, and Pics,

Last edited by Slayar; 29-09-04 at 19:49.
Slayar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-04, 21:08   #44
VL_GIRL!!
Player

u guys should jus go for jumpers but thats my 2 cents worth (hehe rainy!) i kno a guy down in cessnock who does embroidery n that who might give yah's a better deal if yah want sumthin written on it.. As for pub's make sure u dont go to the clubhouse.. (thats owned the gladiators- bikey gang) im sure they wouldnt appreciate yah's joining them.. especially with ur jackets on!
Old 29-09-04, 21:20   #45
MS VLT

im not going to keep saying it, the jackets are gay, i just want a shirt or singlet or something, something with plenty of cleavage bwahahahahahaha
Old 29-09-04, 21:27   #46
Boostedcal
SUCH IS LIFE

rainy wants to go topless......lol

We should all head up to east maitland for a beer, vodka JD or whatever one day, cant be a sunday cos the restaurant is closed then. Remember....why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Old 29-09-04, 21:46   #47
MS VLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedcal
rainy wants to go topless......lol

We should all head up to east maitland for a beer, vodka JD or whatever one day, cant be a sunday cos the restaurant is closed then. Remember....why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
i said cleavage not topless!!! hehe drinking sounds good to me, but im gonna have to scab a lift cos 0.00 limit here!!!
Old 29-09-04, 21:56   #48
CAL415
Player

Car: #1 VL Calais Series II #2 Landrover Discovery II '02 4.0L V8 #3 VS Exec #4 VN 5 speed wagon #5 LR 110 Defender
Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via MSN to CAL415
heheheh com one the jackets rock... slayar could get an all leather one and we could him the fonz - but seriously i think jackets would be great - but like someone else said optional! although the shirts and jumpers should be for all

As for the members of this exclusive club, maybe we shouldnt be to strict on that, there are so many people i know who love VL's/VK's etc but cant really afford to own one or dont really have an option too, it would be a bit unfair to exclude those people from these things, but of course... if they drive a ford there will be a compulsory 200 meter distance from there car to any of the real cars - we cant have our calais catchin anything from them hehehehe. Besides that we could turn others into VL buffs and our numbers could rise - the less ricers and ford owners the better.

one thing i thought of for a list of people in the group would be if we could just put a small web page, names and brief description of them, their car, photos could be an option - maybe the owner of the CT forum could help us out in that way? but that would take some organisation which might be taking it a bit far? what do you guys think? even if we started off with 5-10 people we are bound to grow - surely when people see 10 smick VL's parked together they will ask questions
CAL415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-04, 22:19   #49
Slayar
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL_GIRL!!
(thats owned the gladiators- bikey gang) im sure they wouldnt appreciate yah's joining them.. especially with ur jackets on!
I know! the Glads have thier hands in sooo many Pies, it is unreal!
they are more Business men then Bikies...
*looks behind me* they are very good people... *Peers out the Window*
we need to Respect our road warrior Cuzzins more,..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL415
slayar could get an all leather one and we could him the fonz
No way!, I cant hit things to make em work,... and go "AAaaaaa"
too Much Work,
But Off screen I will Slip Misses C one

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainstar
i said cleavage not topless!!! hehe drinking sounds good to me, but im gonna have to scab a lift cos 0.00 limit here!!!
I can take you, I drive out that way all the time, show some Cleavage and i wont make you listen to my Metallica Mixx you can put any tunes you like on

and Yea thats just the Idea for the Guys Jacket... Girls would wear somthing else, and it is just somthing to put in the mix... we would have Shirts and Jumpers.. and girl slinglets... The Girl Slinglets should be White, so any beer they cant drink then tip on the rack
Old 29-09-04, 22:20   #50
Boostedcal
SUCH IS LIFE

we had 18 of them together the other day. If we just stick to the basics and not get too carried away we could be the Newcastle outlet of www.calaisturbo.com.au car club, its already set up, works well and more people are becoming aware of us. There is already a newy laps forum for ricys and other car buffs, but if its a VL club i think a pre-requsite should be that you own a VL. Those people who attended the calais estate cruz the other week would probably say that apart from the rain it was a faultless day.
A small group of us tried to start off a newy vl club but nothing really went ahead cos we all kept comin back here. It is even being tried in Sydney, but really this site works great and we can all utilise it, some for free even. By all means I will support anybody who wants to go out on a limb to make this happen, but there is a lot of work involved in running a club and keeping it afloat.
If there are too many organisations it will only create rivalry in my opinion, i say support this site which is already established and prove to every other user that Newy is the strongest branch of calaisturbo. You dont need a calais or a turbo to cruz on this site, just a VL