Tyres Now

Old 27-09-04, 16:10   #1
smgreen87
Player

Car: Blue 87 VL SL 5-spd, Black 86 VLT 5-spd w/kit
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to smgreen87
Newcastle Vl/calais Car Group

To all VL or Calais owners, there needs to be a car group created for ppl like our selfs so we can organise cruises,events,etc without anyone not knowing wats goin on!!!! like most ppl!!! who is intrested in creating a VL/Calais Car Group!?!?!? plz put forth ur thoughts!!!

keep it real!!!!
smgreen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-04, 18:08   #2
Slayar
Player

Car: VL Calais or CANT (Calais And Non Turbo)
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to Slayar
allways thought about it... but we dont have the will to keep it orginised,.. and then we would need to register and so on,... and so forth...
and sign stuff.. and work out ways that protect us from being sued if some one breaks a nail... or gets shot by a rival gang.
I think it is easier, to keep a loose associations of friends, where by we meet in a friendly way with out any paper work, just a Few Drinks few Car, a few broads, nice tunes... and would be keeping it "real"
Though I still want our Biker style Jackets Dam it!
Old 27-09-04, 20:23   #3
Boyracer
Polarized

Car: VL 5.0, VS 3.8
Trader Rating: (19)
sounds like it mite be an ok idea,we can share information,swap sell parts and help each other work on our rides and have a beer and talk sh*t ,n, cruise.we are kind of isolated from the sydney scene.
Old 27-09-04, 20:32   #4
GLD-086
Player

Car: 2004 VZ SS
Send a message via MSN to GLD-086
That sound like a good idea too me.
GLD-086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-04, 20:50   #5
VL_GIRL!!
Player

Car: vl
Send a message via MSN to VL_GIRL!!
yer that sounds ok.. how will yah do it but?
VL_GIRL!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-04, 20:58   #6
MS VLT

if u boys think u can plan it then il be in but thats wot this site is for, most of the people from newcastle with VL's that are worth talking to are on here, too many cruises gets boring... but thats my 2 cents
Old 27-09-04, 21:21   #7
Slayar
Player

thats true the only Newcastle people worth talking to are here hehehe

the last thing we want to do Is be Double handling... I dont see anything to gain from autonomy from this site...
The Information and Goods Shared on this site, far out weighs the 3 Commodore centres shops stalls we have in Newy.
And though this site we can Organise cruzes and the likes there of... We can allso put together bbq's... but the point is, If we cant make it work through a Site as well set up as this... then we wont be able to maintain somthing for the maybe 30 people we could pull into a Newcastle VL Club...

Keep it Loose, keep it on CT... The Last thing we need is to make a Inbreed nest of Ideas
Old 27-09-04, 21:30   #8
MS VLT

couldnt have said it better myself Andrew
Old 27-09-04, 21:49   #9
smgreen87
Player

ok, we would use this site as our organising centre, etc. If this cruise goes as planned coming up this November sometime (as a date is still pending!), we can still have a Newcastle VL Car Club, so that nearly or close 2 all VL owners can join together at say the foreshore on a friday night or a sunday arvo,etc without giving death stare looks at each other so that no one with a VL would want to speak to other VLs owners, i am speaking on personal experience of doing laps on friday nights and VL ppls looking at ya as if ya not good enought to drive a VL!!! sooo if we had a car club we can all join up and be comfortable with each other becuz we are in a car club 2getha and we can talk about all the VL S*** until we die!!! no thats my 5 cents worth!!

anywayz i reckon it would b wicked to see something like this happen!!

keep it real!
Old 27-09-04, 21:50   #10
smgreen87
Player

ok, we would use this site as our organising centre, etc. If this cruise goes as planned coming up this November sometime (as a date is still pending!), we can still have a Newcastle VL Car Club, so that nearly or close 2 all VL owners can join together at say the foreshore on a friday night or a sunday arvo,etc without giving death stare looks at each other so that no one with a VL would want to speak to other VLs owners, i am speaking on personal experience of doing laps on friday nights and VL ppls looking at ya as if ya not good enought to drive a VL!!! sooo if we had a car club we can all join up and be comfortable with each other becuz we are in a car club 2getha and we can talk about all the VL S*** until we die!!! no thats my 5 cents worth!!

keep it real!

Posted BY: Boyracer

sounds like it mite be an ok idea,we can share information,swap sell parts and help each other work on our rides and have a beer and talk sh*t ,n, cruise.we are kind of isolated from the sydney scene.
Old 27-09-04, 21:55   #11
GLD-086
Player

Car: 2004 VZ SS
Send a message via MSN to GLD-086
But you guys would have to watch the cops VL's are a prime target for cops these days.
GLD-086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-04, 22:17   #12
VL_GIRL!!
Player

i dont really death stare anyone
Old 27-09-04, 22:17   #13
smgreen87
Player

true that, but where not out to be idiots!! it would b just to cruise, meet up and chat about VLs!!
Old 27-09-04, 22:42   #14
MS VLT

all u really have to do is get on here earlier in the week and post a meeting place or wotever so we can all get together, it is hard on the foreshore during the weekends to find a decent place where a group of people can park together, it is a good idea but as i said most of the people with VL's worth talking to are on here, i do spend a lot of time in there and as i said to VL MISS there are a lot of bogans in there with VL's that i would rather not speak to... i guess going on cruises and getting to know people is the place to start, that way if u do see each other in town or wotever u dont have to death stare them, u can just stop and have a chat, it doesnt have to be so organised, that wot cruises are for and thats why we all look forward to them, but i do get what u r saying, it is comforting to know that there are people in town u can go and have a chat with and guess wot smart ass thats my 1 dollar worth
Old 27-09-04, 22:48   #15
VL_GIRL!!
Player

hahaha ohh fight
Old 28-09-04, 00:26   #16
Slayar
Player

I wish more girls Gave me the Death stare in there vls, it is Dead Sexxy,..

Bogans!! you called me a Bogan just cause I have a metalica Mix tape!

If you make a Club your going to get fighting, I'm all for us getting together, But a Club needs a Head, and that Will start Fighting... a Club is made of members... that will not all get along... as soon as you start a club, with in 2 years it will split and you will get rival gangs,... you can start with good intentions but with out the room to just leave... room that Newcastle Does not have,

plus every Club needs a Sh@t kicker, some one that does all the work, does the extra yard to get meat on the Grill and a beer in everyones hand to keep us all happy... as people know getting things togeather isnt easy...

Plus what happens when one of us Brake up with our g/f and another one of us starts Shaggin her... or a we get drunk and hit on each others sisters... Newcaslte isnt big engh for sh@t like that...

If we all had the "www.calaisturbo.com.au" sticker on our cars maybe we would respect each other more,...
as it is, I allways let other VL's in, and get the same treatment back...

My Brother however Drives a VK, and I would feel Gypt if his car was excluded from such a Club, when there are soo many things the same with our cars, and it is only one year older then ours...

Respect your Road Brothers and Sisters, and they will treat you the same.

Though I would Love to see 1/2 the Foreshore taken up with VL's and similar, that would really tic off alot of ItSh itSh itSh's owners

If we Had the Leather VL Calais Jackets, we would know who was going to be there to back us up,

thats my $2 worth for now
Old 28-09-04, 00:53   #17
MS VLT

oh so the leather jackets grease style? lol i find that rather silly, the shirts would do... but as far as the club thing goes we are all members on calaisturbo, to me that is enough, if u r all that keen to meet new members then get along to a ct cruise, there will be another newcastle one soon im sure, or even just pm people on here that are from newy... seems a lot less stressfull that starting up another club, i mean wotever happened to the hunter holden club that was sposed to be starting as a branch off street commodores, havent heard another word about it
Old 28-09-04, 01:40   #18
extroana
Player

Car: blue vlct and soon to be vlt wagon
Send a message via MSN to extroana
im all keen for us all to get together. i tried to organise a bit of a cruise for vl people it went alright. i agree though i was in a car club and the in house fighting is unbeleivable, yes someone always does thw work and others dont, one week ya have a president then ya dont beceuse he broke up with his gf ect. we could start a unoficial car club and use the calais turbo sticker as our sign of who is in for the common good. i agree with renee to that there is alot of commodore bogans who id rather stay away from too.
extroana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-04, 10:31   #19
87calais
legend

Car: '87 VLCT Manual, '11 VE SS-V Manual
Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via MSN to 87calais
wholy ****!!! calaisturbo's been invaded by newy people!!!! Good to see.

A few of us were going to kick a newy VL club off a couple of years ago, the most that ever came of it was a few small meets/cruises and thats about it. Way too much work in having an "official" club. Like has been said, just tee up things through here and if you see a couple of others in town just pull up and have a chat. But.....

all our cars should be wearing calaisturbo stickers, and we should all be wearing calaisturbo shirts. Like extorana said that can be our unofficial club.

Also, try and get down to some of the sydney/woolongong etc cruises, a couple of us have gone down for the last few, its definately worth the drive, great chance to meet a heap of new people and see even more high quality VL's.

Now...one more thing...

Slayar - Never ever say a bad thing about Metallica - they are god! , and jackets may not be too far away either, not leather though sorry.
Old 28-09-04, 10:42   #20
a.player
Player

Car: lotus elise '02
Send a message via MSN to a.player
give me details and im there! lol im getting myself a rep for being a no show!!
a.player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-04, 11:24   #21
Boostedcal
SUCH IS LIFE

Car: VL Calaisturbo II 5speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by smgreen87

keep it real!
I don't know about death stares, maybe you are getting the wrong impression when other VL owners are checking your VL out. If you can recall there was a Newy meet up which headed up to Cessnock and the vineyards the other week. Cruises like that enable VL owners to get together talk shit about the one thing we all have in common.
As 87calais said we tried a VL club years ago and hardly anybody showed up to the cruises, maybe they were too frequent, so if we all meet up in town for the major cruises and drive wherever together and head back together we will all sort of know each other, throw a wave out of your window and all is good.On the same note, you could also post a thread in the NSW events section "Who will be going into Newy this weekend?" and meet up that way. This site is already set up, so rather than re-invent the wheel, we may as well utilise what we can here.
I can understand a few VL owners getting the wrong idea when the lights go red......red.....red.....oh GREEN............... (I would never do this though) and take off up to only 60Km/h (lol) but mainly its just a case of comparing, having fun and having a friendly wave afterwards.(especially FORD drivers take it personally when u line them up).

If you are in a VL and feel like comparing notes, pull up and have a chat, I'm sure i speak for most others in saying this also, and if u think i gave u a death stare on any occasion, its probably cos i was listening to Metallica and fell into character. read my sign below Slayar..lol...

The cruz that the date is pending on, it is an official Sydney cruz, i am not sure who will be organising it, but if people want to meet up in Newy that morning and head down together we can use that as a Newy cruz in conjunction with the official ct.com.au cruz. Maximum numbers is what we want, then we can meet up with all the Syd guys and gals and make the official cruz HUGE. You can learn a lot about your VL on a day like this.

P.S. If you didn't read all of this you may be missing out....lol
Old 28-09-04, 12:30   #22
Slayar
Player

this is more so the style of what I was thinking,... with the Leather Sleaves, with what-ever put on it,
Cause a Jacket you only have to wash after a Fight so once a month maybe... A Shirt you have to wash every day

somthing Classy so you can wear it out... but somthing Tuff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	medium114_203503043521.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	2424  
Old 28-09-04, 16:32   #23
MS VLT

hehe that jacket is so 80's even a jumper embroided would be cheaper and enough! i mean its not like we are going to be wearing them everyday and summer is coming along so maybe in 6 months we can think about it yeah??
whoever said something bout stickers is right, everyone that is a member on here should have one, as soon as my tint is done i want one... so whoever has them give me one lol

P.S everything Daniel said is spot on so listen to him, he knows wot he is on about
P.S.S amber its bout time u showed up and gave the lone girl here a bit of support lol
Old 28-09-04, 17:09   #24
trypsi
Gold Members

Car: CULT CAR
Trader Rating: (10)
i went on my first cruise with you guys and i tell you it felt like a club.kind of special all other 17 vl's. just organise it all on here. we dont need to pay membership fee's just turn up. thats what my wife 7 i did for calais estate.
trypsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-04, 18:15   #25
Slayar
Player

Rainy, It is Supose to look 80's... the Good 80's..
Many Good things came out of the 80's

the Both of us for startes... My Metallica Mix tape,..
any young hottie, of a legal age,.. ohh and a few people on this site have cars that were built in the 80's

Gang Jackets you would wear alot, thats the idea of em, you will be shopping,.. cant reach somthing on the top shelf, One of us guys in a VL Jacket help Get it off the top shelf for ya,..
you Go to the Local takeaway, and they Cook you a couple of Extra scolops No charge.. cause having VL guys in the store is good for Business...
Plus it is kinda like Protection....

allso maybe we wear the Jacket when we go to one of the Commodore stores in Newcastle, and Maybe get a Better Deal cause of the Jacket.... and having quiet a few of us shop there...

Last edited by Slayar; 28-09-04 at 19:06.
Slayar is offline   Reply With Quote