Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > VL Non-Turbo Discussion
Tyres Now

Old 02-04-16, 17:24   #1
Slappybru
Player

Car: VZ v6 auto slow spec
Trader Rating: (0)
VL looking for suggestions on long term build/restoration

Hey everyone, I'm new on the forums and wasn't sure where I should post this, but I think this section is the most fitting.. Let me know if I'm in the wrong place!

I bought a manual N/A VL around 6 months ago with 100,000kms on the whole car. For a while it did me very well, way fun to drive and was nice on fuel but I started to run into some issues like the fuse box melting ect. mostly all the common issues.

The biggest problem I've had, and the issue that I've taken it off the road for is that one of the injectors is leaking a decent bit of fuel, and I've been quoted around a grand for a full repro kit all fitted.

The car is a little rough on the outside, typical rust around the windscreen, boot lids riddled with rust ect.

I've bought another car to get me to work and what not, so I'm now free to start pulling my VL to bits and fixing it up. I've got a little bit of mechanical experience but I wouldn't even really know where to start. All of the body work I'll get done professionally, that isn't something I wanna mess up.

I've heard that I can replace the Holden head on the RB30 with the Nissan one fairly easily, if that is the case I might even look at converting to Turbo which would include VT front brakes and discs on the rear.

Essentially I want to redo the interior, get the motor running stronger and faster where ever possible and get the car looking nice on the out side.

I'll post some pics, and any sort of suggestion is hugely appreciated. Looking forward to keeping everyone updated and any feedback!

http://imgur.com/a/2EmZi
Slappybru is offline   Reply With Quote