Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Readers Rides > VL Turbos
JD CUSTOM

Old 15-02-18, 17:36   #126
12maneym
Gold Members

Car: lw5 berlina turbo wagon A9Y wagon turbo
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to 12maneym
this build make sme moist. i have a berlina turbo inoriginally white gold... im thinking now im gonna respray it original colour and mx grey the bars. thamks for the motorvation lol
Old 15-02-18, 19:11   #127
BigM22
Booooooooosssssttt!

Car: 87 Exec, BF Falcon (Daily)
Trader Rating: (0)
this is awesome, fantastic work man
Old 21-05-18, 12:07   #128
350stato
Gold Members

Car: VE Daily, 2JZ VL Exec, RB 200SX, 1UZFET KE20, 4K KE20, 1JZ L300, 70 Caddy Coupe
Not a great deal done unfortunately, About September last year I finally went to my cousins place to pick up the fuel tank from the acid dip, Actually came out better than I expected, I was convinced I would be searching for a new tank, bit of loose crap to clean out but will give it a good clean when I cut a hole in the to to play with it's innards, I thought the acid would kill everything but it didn't (as he told me lol) even the pen mark from factory under the strap showed up ( I assume factory)

A mate had this for sale off an alloy radiator he bought, fits VL radiator, he dropped it around for me, will prob swap out the fan for better quality Spal or Davis Craig, The clutch fan on the 2JZ is way to far off set to work in the VL

While he was here he picked an issue he had on a car, I would have done my head in trying to find it when the time came, apparently these handbrake cable guides are only for drum brake, he said when he went out the driveway on an angle the car would pull up, turns out it was pulling the handbrake cable on as it flexed, and they were tight on there, so fck it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05-10-17

So with the fact this car in my mind was about 5K away from being on the road, and budget is not awesome at present because it's all getting spent on other bloody cars... again.... I was keen to get this done, although I have since pinched the turbo off it for the V8 KE20, and me being fked in the head, means I now MUST replace it with something better, so it has to be fking expensive cause I'm a d!ck, so the budget gets a set back, and now thinking it'll take decent boost if its not a china turbo, so should make decent numbers, so the C4 isn't going to cut it... so I pulled it out and sold it... so I can now spend even more money on a glide setup... cause I'm a dumb cnt... and I haven't done gearbox crossmember or tailshaft yet so wont end up doing that bit twice...

I was never overly happy with engine position, sits way to far forward, I decided I should look at moving the engine back a bit as well before I do the glide stuff, It can go back a good 60-70mm, which means the turbo will no longer fit in the little indentation on the inner guard with the china manifold, so now I'm taking the car to Kyle at 6boost for a custom jobby, because subconsciously I never want this fking car to be finished...

Anyway, I've thrown the wheels back on so I can see how it sits on the new springs, pretty happy with it, not stupid low and still retain a stockish look, and the fact it's clearly not going anywhere for a bit until I find a decent cash injection for it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11-10-17

I've done 4/5ths of fk all on this, it has collected plenty of dust though...

Did get the mod plate done while the guy was out doing the other car, also, covered for fking everything...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30-11-17

So I've still done absolutely ****all to this...

Did buy it a present though, Found these mudflaps in autobarn, cant get originals anymore and thought they looked similar so I'll bang them on one day..

Also bought it a Powerglide case and a bunch of spare glide bits for laterer, I'm sure they be distributed between a few of us.

---------- Post added 21-05-18 at 12:23 ----------

06-01-18

No progress but I did buy it a neat little present, Came along at the right time for the right money,

A new Garrett GTX42/94 turbo, should help it sing, now I just need to re-do the engine mounts and get a manifold to put it on....

Last edited by 350stato; 21-05-18 at 12:21.
350stato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-18, 12:24   #129
350stato
Gold Members

Car: VE Daily, 2JZ VL Exec, RB 200SX, 1UZFET KE20, 4K KE20, 1JZ L300, 70 Caddy Coupe
So something happened, Then I got a call from Goleby to pick up his Hilux and drag my VL to his shop to redo mounts etc,

Turns out I had them on the wrong side thinking they didn't fit because the sump fouled on the crossmember, once on a hoist it was obvious that it just needed a 5mm scollop near it and it fit sitting back where I wanted it, Gilroy (Gilroys Automatics) had an old cracked glide case there and a 2JZ-Glide bellhousing (That I have bought to make sure it'll all line up laterer) to mock up the gearbox crossmember and Goleby made one up for me,

He then got Kyle at 6boost to come look at position etc and he jigged one up to suit the GE head and tacked it together (there and then!) so we could mock up turbo, gate and cooler piping

We mounted the big ARC Intercooler, threw on the manifold and Goleby made the hotside pipe,

Test fitted a Plazmaman plenum to suit the GE head, which I will be going with now,

Then dragged its arse back home!

I have some motivation for this, the rest can sit and rot while I do a bit on it.

---------- Post added 21-05-18 at 12:25 ----------

Actually even did stuff on this today, not a great deal, but some lol

Pulled the cooler back off and cleaned it out and painted it black, had to use the bloody jack to pick it up, heavy ******* thing, looks better black

Dragged the bumper rio out of the shed and gave it a good clean and bit of paint as well, test fitted it for clearance around the cooler, fits perfect, hung the front bar on for test fit, clears well, doesn't sit too bad, bumper will have to come up a spot as it was loosely siting there,

I've apparently lost a couple of little brackets and a clip for the small filler moulds above the bumper so I can't fit them up yet and will wait till I get cooler pipes finished and painted before I bolt the bumper on,
Bumper is at least put together and ready to go on.

---------- Post added 22-05-18 at 11:59 ----------

Brake lines moved to clear manifold and gate this morning, Manifold is done and at Goleby's, out of time before heading to work, not back till tomorrow night so will pick up 6boob and see what I can get done later in the week.

Last edited by 350stato; 22-05-18 at 11:59.
Old 15-06-18, 23:57   #130
MUS
Chunky but funky

Car: VLCT
Trader Rating: (6)
Really good work bro, it's amazing. Almost there ��
MUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 22:03   #131
350stato
Gold Members

Thanks mate, slowly getting there

I have actually done something to this, not a great deal, but something..

6boob turned up, Mocked on, trial fitted gate, turbo etc,

Also trial fitted covers and boost rag....

Made up a block off plate for the back of the water pump, although I'm now wondering if I should just run the heater hoses, I'll probably never use the heater though, Also painted Thermostat housing and bolted that on (dodgy hose is cause I was to lazy to use tape)

Ended up going with the Plazmaman, nice bit of kit, they deleted the huge IAC valve port and mounted the accelerator cable bracket under so I could flip the T/B to make it a bit neater,

Typical, Barstard injectors are to short, ordered extensions..

Threw it on to mock it up, looks the part....

Unfortunately looking the part is all it did, for a Plenum that retailed at just over 3K, I'm pretty disappointed it isn't a perfect fit, it's a non turbo head plenum, but it doesn't clear the stock water neck, I feel I should ask them why my $300 ebay one fit but the $3000 one doesn't... something they need to sort I think for that kind of money.

Rather than shave the $3K manifold and powercoating, I opted to shave down the water neck, had to take a fair bit off it, ground it on a flapper disc till close then filed it down to fit the best I could and re-painted,

Realized I hadn't done the rear swaybar, not really sure why, dragged it out of the shed and gave it a quick rub and paint, new link pin kit and bushes and threw it on,

Obviously the tag reminded me I have no oil in the diff, so sorted that out as well, hope this sh!t is ok

Small order of a few more bits, Dip stick for glide, have ordered pretty much all the internal bits for the glide as well, awaiting them to arrive, Ai SPR1000 surge tank, exhaust manifold gasket so I can bolt that on, PWR Trans cooler and Spal fan, injector extensions and Race Port BOV, Also got a Walbro 255 pump for in the tank as the 460 in-tank will be too much for the tank-surge,

Last edited by 350stato; 25-06-18 at 22:07.
Old 26-06-18, 09:02   #132
trkwpn
Official Member

Car: OG WHT VLCT LW5/MX7/SUNROOF
Trader Rating: (12)
Wasn't this up for sale ?
Old 26-06-18, 18:50   #133
350stato
Gold Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkwpn View Post
Wasn't this up for sale ?
Briefly, but I woke up to my self lol

Started fitting fuel pumps, need to buy some little terminal thingys to wire pumps and surge will be ready, Will have to make a plate for it to sit on in the car as there is no decent mounting point,

Took this crap off, put in the Union bolt and filter straight to the block, much betterer..

Put a hole in the pipe and a mate welded the thingy on the thingy

Old 26-06-18, 19:03   #134
12maneym
Gold Members

Car: lw5 berlina turbo wagon A9Y wagon turbo
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to 12maneym
cant wait to see/hear this thing done
Old 26-06-18, 22:40   #135
MUS
Chunky but funky

Car: VLCT
Trader Rating: (6)
Absolutely nuts mate, loving the plasmaman gear. Wanting to buy the fuel rail and plenum myself.
MUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 21:33   #136
350stato
Gold Members

Thanks guys, yeah the Plazmaman sh!t is nice,

At least the surge tank is ready, pumps fitted and wired up,

Accelerator cable came back with the inner slightly shorter, outer was perfect, even fits!

Last edited by 350stato; 28-06-18 at 08:30.