Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 10-03-14, 16:20   #1
bdj_007
Player

Car: 2002 Holden VX Equipe
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to bdj_007
GMVL-86 | Vl Berlina, resto'd back to original [Pic Heavy]

So after alot of people telling me to post my Vl on here i'm finally going to do it.

After months of scouring the internet from ebay, gumtree, carsales etc i have finally found a vl! It started with the loss of my dad's vl that got passed to me at the start of 2013. We had it for 20 years and got written off by a speeding Toyota Kluger.

Anyway, it has 180,000 on the clock and drives pristine. Unfortunately with a car this age the is a natural list of of things that need fixing:

Front bar assembly, aerial, upper chrome door moulds, osf door catch, os air vent, osf+nsf scuff plate, rear tail lights + loom, osr qtr surround piece, os middle roof chrome strip, console + auto surround, visor clips, osf inner door handle surround, osf door trim, os+ns indicator, Drivers seat, boot carpet, ash tray, carpet.

Name: Brent
Model: 1986 Holden VL Berlina
Colour: Alpine White
Bodykit: Standard
Engine Type: Rb30
Kilometeres: 183,000 genuine k's
Engine Mods: None
Transmission: Jatco 4 Speed Auto
Power:
Exhaust: Standard
Brakes: Standard
Suspension: Monroe Gt gas struts & shocks, Kings springs 'low'
Wheels/Tyres: 17" Vx SS rims
Front: 235/45/17 Starfire
Rear: 235/45/17 Dunlop Sp Sport 3000

Interior: Standard

Other Mods:

Cost: Purchase price $1025

Build Period: Life

Future Plans: repair rust around screens, 9" disc brake rear end with either 3.75/3.9 lsd, ls 6ltr conversion with turbo 350/400 and to top it off either vx ss rims, vl walkinshaw rims or hdt momo rims [16 or 20's].

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 20:51 ----------

Cleaned the heck out of the boot and this is how it came up! Now i need to get some carpet made as the one that was in was covered in what smells like diff oil :/

On other news, i'll get stuck into pulling the interior apart and replacing the carpet and seats over the weekend. Those 4 allen key bolts with an inch of loctite on them is an absolute nightmare to unscrew. So, i'm not looking forward to that :/

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 20:52 ----------

Today i finally got around to ripping out the interior and replacing the carpet and seats. What a job! Mainly because my console expolded into a million pieces when i removed it :S and the amount loctite on the hex bolts. Apart from that i took my time and cleaned every plastic bit that i pulled off. Looks phenominal now it's all installed [better pics will come in the daytime ]

Had to run down to Jolly Rogers Dandenong to get a new console to replace the old one and an Air vent as both of mine are cracked.

Also found the manufacturing sheet when i took out the carpet which is very cool! My other one didn't even have it!

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 20:53 ----------

Over the past week i painfully pulled apart the dash and cleaned it all. Looks like new now!
And i painstakingly spent and hour re-silvering the badges as the 'berlina' and 'holden' nose cone badges are obsolete and had to make do with what i've got haha. Turns out i'm not as good at colouring between the lines as i thought!

On other new it's going to my mechanic [casey automotive] to get a check and see what it needs for a roady. Fingers crossed nothing much!

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 20:54 ----------

So, finally got my bumper bars & moulds in friday! And mixed up 1.3L of mx grey at work [jic]. Honestly forgot how many pieces there are in vl bars. It's ridiculous!

I'll sand down the door moulds through the week and take it into work saturday to re-paint everything original satin mx grey.

Also ordering new tail lights, garnish and indicators, windscreen moulding, Kings low springs & monroe struts and shocks so it's all happening!

Old 10-03-14, 19:55   #2
bdj_007
Player

Got the window out today so it's all go for the weekend!
A list of things to pain on it are:
- 6 door moulds
- front bar
- rear bar
- front & rear bumper trim
- Scuddle panel & pillar
- Spare wheel well

It has been wire wheeled, roll locked & sanded to be prepared. Put up a list of process's because i can

This was the very worst of the rust holes.

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 20:55 ----------

Masked up and painted in anti corrosive acid etch primer [transparent yellow]

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 20:57 ----------

Finally primed in white 2K primer ready for tomorrow

Also received my replacement heater controls, Surprisingly it's very hard to find!

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 20:57 ----------

Unfortunately i didn't get as much done today as i wanted.
I had to rub and paint a full respray on a Ba sr.
But, before i nearly collapsed from fatigue i only just managed to paint the door trims and front & rear bars.
The car & parts are currently on the bake cycle so i'll snap a photo of the finished product when i go in tomorrow.
I still need to paint the scuddle panel and the spare wheel well and put it all together tomorrow.

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 20:58 ----------

The moulds and bar bits done in mx grey with a satin finish

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 20:59 ----------

Scuddle panel is now rust free and finally painted as well as the spare wheel well.

Old 10-03-14, 20:00   #3
bdj_007
Player

All together finally. Every screw and even the reo was re-painted black during assembly.
The car had mudflaps front and rear, turns out 27 years of rust destroys screws,. So they had to be air hacksawed off and belt sanded down to get them off. Worst part is you have to do it to get the rear bar off! Oh well, at least it's done now haha

The pinstripe will be going on soon as well.

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:00 ----------

Window went in today , National Windscreens did it for a great price inc the moulds. I'm happy it finally looks like a car again!
The big day has come and it's off to Casey automotive tomorrow for a rwc check. Fingers crossed!

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:02 ----------

Just to add to the mix for something different i got some replacement parts in.
I still need to get a new garnish before i put the tail lights in, but, it's finally getting there! Not bad for only having it 3 weeks haha

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:03 ----------

Got the roadworthy report from Casey Automotive today. Suprisingly enough it doesn't need that much for a road worthy.
It needs:
- osr tyre
- panhard rod
- Catback exhaust
- Front wheel alignment
- Front wheel bearing adjustment
- front brake hoses [both ns & os]

I have left it with them to carry out the repairs needed except the Tyres & wheel alignment

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:03 ----------

Slowly tinkering away at the vl. I got given it back for the long weekend [goes back wednesday for all the repairs].

I went to install the the new tail lights today and realised the drivers side [rh/osr] tail light was made wrong and the lense didn't seal against the housing which would let water into the tail light. So there goes that idea haha.

Also gave it a good 100km+ cruise friday night and drove pretty much flawlessly.
But, after driving it through the night could hardly see a thing so lashed out and bought all new globes.

Got around to getting a spare tyre and jack out of a vz so thats finally finished off, also installed the new foot rest rubber and sunvisor clips [which were incredibly expensive and hard to find].

Slowly getting there though.

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:04 ----------

I had plans to install all the new globes and lights in today but couldn't be bothered haha.

Instead i replaced the front 2 tyres, and got a front end wheel alignment.

Ended up popping into work on the way back and stealing one of the buffs to get started on the vl.

The paint had seen better days and definately recieved 27 years of abuse.
I will take better photo's in the sun tomorrow as i ran out of sunlight.
Finally it looks like a brand new car again!

[The before and after pics are just cut, not polished or waxed]

Old 10-03-14, 20:05   #4
bdj_007
Player

Got a few snaps today of the rectified paintwork. It dows still need to be brush touched in places and have the pin stripes put on but other than that the interior and exterior are pretty much done!

It dows back to Casey Automotive tomorrow to get finished and hopefully walk away with a rwc

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:05 ----------

Picked up the Vl today, it's finally come out of there with a road worthy cert . Ordered some plates as well, got hard to think of something as everything i wanted was taken :/

Was kinda dusty from being at the shop, so, what an irresponsible VL owner would i be if i didn't take car wash pic's? haha.

I still need to buy shocks and struts as well because the rears are shagged.

That is also the final list for roadworthy.

bdj_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-14, 20:05   #5
priceysVL
Gold Members

Car: 1988 A9Y VL Calais Wagon
Definately saving some coin assuming your a spray painter! Gotta love the VL rust. Always of the white exterior and cerulean interior, and the 6L will complete it
priceysVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-14, 20:06   #6
bdj_007
Player

Progress has been a little slow as of late.
I've been waiting to get the rwc and unfortunately theres been a mis communication and some information lost somehow in the process but i should have it in my hands tomorrow. Then off to vic roads on monday to get it transferred & to get my new plates i ordered put on as well!

I finally felt like doing something today and installed the new indicators [to replace both cracked ones] and all new gloes for the front end as well.
I chose not to replace the headlight lense as the ones it still have the holden symbol.

While pulling out the headlights i cleaned inside the nosecone and finally fit all the trim on the front bar properly.

new vs old

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:06 ----------

Finally got the rwc! Time to go to vicroads through the week and get it put in my name. Oh and get my new custom plates put on as well! Stay tuned

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:07 ----------

Purchased a new garnish that is a 'Holden approved' restoration part through rare spares for $160 and this is what i got. As you can tell the silver is the calais bar colour 'asteroid silver' not 'mx grey' like the berlina and sl.
Thnak god they refunded it but very piss poor that it's the right part but not the right colour.

Also purchased a new interior light lense as mines cracked and gone yellow and a rear view mirror as all the foil is starting to come off the inside of the mirror lense.
Hopefully i'll get the berlina pinstripe on at some point soon and more importantly going down to vicroads to get it registered!

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:08 ----------

Heading off to Vicroads Monday finally! The plates will finally be put on as well lol.

I got fed up with the noise of the shock absorbers & struts so i changed them to Monroe GT gas with Kings 'low' Springs.
These will give a nice stiff ride as the pedders springs that are in it are quite soft.

Unfortunately we couldn't get the front struts out as the taperd bolt is fused to the control arm so i'll [Cam will lol] have to oxy/blowtorch it through the week at work and try to knock it out. Agh!

And to top it all off somehow got a puncture in my brand new 120km tyre

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:08 ----------

I'm just a tad anal with cars. When changing the springs and shocks i couldn't believe how dirty it was. So today i jacked it up and cleaned them . I'll spray the rear drums black at some point to.

Eww, all dirty!

All clean! Looks 100x better in person!

Mmm, dat reflection

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:09 ----------

Went to vicroads this morning and finally put her in my name & registered the plates on the car! The plates are GMVL- 86. Green writing on a white background, trying to keep the plate colours similar to what would have been issued back in the day.

Such a relief time to cruise it i think!

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:10 ----------

Put the vl on the hoist at work and finally the front struts are finally in.
It handels like its on rails! Very happy . Thank you Cam [vt2plz] for the hard work getting them out and re-installing them.

Old 10-03-14, 20:10   #7
bdj_007
Player

Installed the new tail lights tonight and put all new philips globes in them. Well, apart from the license plate globe which is a 5 smd led. I couldn't find any in autobarn, supercheap or burson so it'll have to do.
They look great, nice and bright. And hopefully now the tail lights wont fill up with water haha .
There was a 50c coin worth of rust which i sanded and dabbed some 2k on, hopefully that'll slow the process down.

Old 10-03-14, 20:10   #8
BigM22
Booooooooosssssttt!

Car: 87 Exec, BF Falcon (Daily)
Absolutely awesome effort so far mate!
Looks tops with some fresh paint, and a clean interior.

In the process of having my VL resprayed, so definitely following this as a little bit of extra inspiration.

Keep up the good work!
Old 10-03-14, 20:11   #9
bdj_007
Player

Got the pin stripes on finally looks phenomenal! for the exterior the last thing on the list is an electric aerial. That can wait till next year though.
In the meantime this has been driven quite a fair bit, it'll be at the 'Melbourne old school cruisers' meet tomorrow night so keep an eye out if your coming down

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:11 ----------

Got the interor detailed and came up like it was brand new! Absolutely wrapped!

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:12 ----------

Because i'm a picture whore lol.
Saturday im hoping to cut and polish the engne bay and install the new door strips.

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:13 ----------

Hi all, i trust we have all had a great chrissy break! I know i have, been nice not to work for once. Picked up a few parts in my time off as you do.
Finally found an awesome condition used Steering wheel thats not split and loose, i also got a glove box mould of a vh. The glove box mould just finishes it off in my opinion.
I'll get around to putting the steering wheel on when i get back from Summernats.

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:13 ----------

3 and a half months Months later!

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:14 ----------

I was in Dandenong today and dropped into this.
This is the car yard i bought the VL from on the 5th of October last year.

Unfortunately, it has gone out of buisness!

Now just a distant memory lol

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:15 ----------

So, put another air flow meter in and still no difference? It's booked into Skye automotive on Monday so hopefully they can sus out whats wrong with it.

Went to Jolly's today as they finally had a vl in stock!
Found a few goodies, plus the window winders from a Vk Berlina that arn't too badly faded.
In the Vk i noticed this cool trim bit that just polishes off the passenger side. I'll keep an eye out again to find one for the drivers side as well.

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:16 ----------

Finally got around to install the wiper switch decals. They usually look like this:

Now they look like this:

Unfortunately, when i bought the decal kit [oct 2013] it wasn't accurate, since then to my luck they have released an accurate decal kit which i've just bought.
The decals that arn't accurate are the 'wpr', and 1&2 on the demister side as they are supposed to be up and down for the aerial.
But still, it's those 1 percenters that make the car stand out!
Old 10-03-14, 20:17   #10
bdj_007
Player

I've been putting it off for wayy too long. I finally tackled the fan & heater controls as they have been ****ting me not working since i bought the car.

As i disconnected the heater control and pulled the unit out all the rubber vacuum lines were rotted and cracked where they were clamped into the unit. So it was a simple cut [10mm off] each line and then figure out what number each line is and plug it all up.

I also didn't have the under dash trims, so i found some at the wreckers and put them in. Just completes it!
I'm a freak, i know. But it is my 'pride and joy' as they say lol

Next on the agenda is to install the window winders. unfortunately i just ran out of time tonight.

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:17 ----------

It's gotten to the point in the resto where the main parts that are needed very rarely can be found as they all break.
So, i spent my day going between jolly's u-pullit in Dandenong & Ringwood.

After moths of searching i finally got working side mirrors! Absolutely stoked.
While i was there i decided to get more spares as people want a fortune for this stuff now. Also not listed are x4 window wipers in mint condition. Better than the last ones i bought.

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:18 ----------

Tip #1 when piecing/restoring a car. Always clean the parts before you re-install them!

Btw the door handels are mint! Couldn't believe how hard they are to find in that condition :/

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:18 ----------

Had a nice cruisie day tinkering on the vl. Was quite nice actually doing something for myself for once.

So far i have installed all the window winders. removed all the door trims, door handels and plastic trims and cleaned them all and put them back on.

Next was replacing the drivers check strap, once done greased up all the checkstraps as well, and they just glide closed.

Installed both n/s and d/s mirrors as well. Now they don't move when you hit a bump and you can re-adjust them inside the cabin.

Also installed is the new window washer motor. Unfortunately, i found a big crack in the coolant reservior so i'll need to get a new one of those. I think their around $80

The only small thing to do now is but a new clip on the transmission selector that holds the light in and now should line up with the holes on the surround [P R N D 1 2]

Still though, it's now a real treat haveing a working door catch!

Here's a before and after so you can get the idea.

All dirty and weathered:

Clean fresh and new looking, like right out of the factory

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:19 ----------

And finally put the new steering wheel on. At least this ones cerulean and not new blue like the old one.

Pretty much now the only thing to make it complete is a high rise console!

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:19 ----------

Interiors finally all clean [hoodlining, grab handels, sunvisors the lot] and everything installed.
Looks even better than when it came out of the factory.
The only thing that isn't from a vl is the glove box stipe [vh], and the 2 black moulds [vk] just under the speaker on either side which just polish it off.

I'm unsure as to wether i should get a dash pad? Opinions? If i would get one i'd get it colour coded to the interior [cerulean blue]

I also spent an hour on the engine bay just hand cutting all the grime and built up dirt off it. Still a way to go but has come up a alot better.

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:21 ----------

Vl is pretty much 'restored'. Put the new electric aerial in today as it was the only day i was home.
It was 1 of 2 things last on the list to fix. And now the last is a high rise console as mine is cracked and got bit and pieces missing.

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM22 View Post
Absolutely awesome effort so far mate!
Looks tops with some fresh paint, and a clean interior.

In the process of having my VL resprayed, so definitely following this as a little bit of extra inspiration.

Keep up the good work!
Glad i was able to inspire , the trick is you have to be patient and do it once. You don't want it biting you in the ass later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceysVL View Post
Definately saving some coin assuming your a spray painter! Gotta love the VL rust. Always of the white exterior and cerulean interior, and the 6L will complete it
Assumed right, worst part is you have to suck up to the boss to get the 'permission'to use it after hours. At least he knew my passion so he let me do it haha. ^l with cam & heads and carby should be a trick package. Trying to keep it under bonnet but i don't know if i can.

---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 21:38 ----------

also got a mad dose of carpeltunnel from transferring my whole blog from sc to ct haha. Hope you enjoy.

Also i have recently looked at the owners manual. Thought its always interesting seeing where it came from.

It was originally Purchased on 12/6/1986 from Ranley Motors PTY LTD, Horsham Vic for an A.d. Killey in Ballarat

No idea who owned her after that but i bought it on 5/10/2013 from TKO Auto Sales PTY LTD, Dandenong Vic
Old 10-03-14, 20:39   #11
priceysVL
Gold Members

Those before and after photos are great! Shows all the work paid off mate, looks awesome
Old 10-03-14, 20:44   #12
bdj_007
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceysVL View Post
Those before and after photos are great! Shows all the work paid off mate, looks awesome
Appriceate it mate, thanks . Took ages to copy the whole thread over from sc to here
Old 10-03-14, 21:14   #13
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
so many feedback!

first up aweome TLC.

headlights - need tyc reflectors and maybe hunt around for some nice GMH glass if you can.
garnish on rear - rare spares sell so much rubbish product at high prices its very dissapointing
taillights - take your apart, clean and reseal. polish and maybe even pain?
interior - you seem to have the very early material which is more hessian finish than velour? ive never seen a restored car with that style. good stuff. I've seen a beige and red in skin with that material most people wouldnt even kno what it is.

apart fro that keep it up ! the more pics and detail the better. its great to see te processes involved. but hey i put up posts about servicing my car :/
Old 10-03-14, 21:41   #14
bdj_007
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIroller View Post
so many feedback!

first up aweome TLC.

headlights - need tyc reflectors and maybe hunt around for some nice GMH glass if you can.
garnish on rear - rare spares sell so much rubbish product at high prices its very dissapointing
taillights - take your apart, clean and reseal. polish and maybe even pain?
interior - you seem to have the very early material which is more hessian finish than velour? ive never seen a restored car with that style. good stuff. I've seen a beige and red in skin with that material most people wouldnt even kno what it is.

apart fro that keep it up ! the more pics and detail the better. its great to see te processes involved. but hey i put up posts about servicing my car :/
Thanks for all that mate.

The fronts are weird kind of tweed feel to them, Most early '86 berlinas had this.

As for the headlights, definately not changing them as they still have the genuine holden stamps. I'm keeping my eyes peeled though.

The tail lights that came with it were shagged, bits missing off the reflectors and then siliconed up, definitely not how i do buisness.

The rare spares garnish was $180 don't understand how they came up with that price when tail light bnib are $55-$65

I'm not quite that bad but i'm pretty close haha.
Old 11-03-14, 07:01   #15
MUS
Chunky but funky

Car: VLCT
Trader Rating: (6)
Awesome thread. Mad attention to detail, looked like crap before... Now it's immac!
MUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 09:19   #16
bdj_007
Player

Thanks for the kind words man. It'll need a lick of paint to be 100% but it is original paint so i'm not too worried lol
Old 11-03-14, 16:46   #17
MUS
Chunky but funky

Car: VLCT
Trader Rating: (6)
For what you have created here mate you should be proud of yourself..
Alot of people have there vl for yeeaaars and they still look like crap because they either cant offord to pay for the work or dont have the enthusiasm or know how to aattempt fixing them.

Last edited by MUS; 11-03-14 at 17:02.
MUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 19:58   #18
bdj_007
Player

Thats where i am very fortunate, having restored old toranas and ht's for people i know the process. I think enthusiasm has ALOT to do with restoring a car. Especially being a freak like me and replacing pretty much everything and constantly searching and waiting months at a time for is part of the game.

After having a vl in our family for 20+ years [and having it tradgically taken from us last year from someone not paying attention] Gives you alot of motervation to give another one a second go.

This is my previous car, taken in June 2013 after 20+ years of ownership. Got rear ended by a Kluger at 100km/h

She was an '86 SL, 3.0 auto, Cerulean trim & alpine white exterior. My true first love.

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 11-03-14, 20:11   #19
priceysVL
Gold Members

Don't do that! I saw the pictures without reading and had a mini heart attack ahaahha
Old 11-03-14, 20:28   #20
bdj_007
Player

Sorry, had to post it. Man, i had a heart attack. Especially because Dad was driving it and got hit at 100km/h defintely not a good place to be!
Old 11-03-14, 22:08   #21
CYNICL
Official Member

Car: '87 White VL Berlina factory 5Spd.
The way my internet loaded the first thing I saw was the third photo up in that post, my heart sank till I looked at the plates and realised it didn't happen right after a resto (Thought it was the Berlina for that split second), still a very sad sight to see either way though. After 20 years I can't imagine how attached you'd of been to that car, I've had mine almost 2 years and I love it more than a lot of people that's for sure. Hope your Dad came out of it okay.

Also the Berlina is looking great mate, nice to see you on CT. Us White over MX Berlinas gotta stick together
CYNICL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 22:40   #22
SELO XST 045
167rwkw @ 10psi

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to SELO XST 045
great work champ,
restoring is the best part as each and every step you do, you see the difference you should be proud, you have done a great job.

i have also got a full set of the 12 piece bumper set ( aftermarket ) and ill be painting mine soon, ive compared it to the original and find that its still needs prep work and sanding for a smoother finish. but the original ones are all warped from sun damage. so new is still better as they are more straight. i don't see why people judge them .... ?

4 hours + just fitting the front bar and top moulds on mine to sit flush. but worth every minute.
SELO XST 045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 18:16   #23
bdj_007
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SELO XST 045 View Post
great work champ,
restoring is the best part as each and every step you do, you see the difference you should be proud, you have done a great job.

i have also got a full set of the 12 piece bumper set ( aftermarket ) and ill be painting mine soon, ive compared it to the original and find that its still needs prep work and sanding for a smoother finish. but the original ones are all warped from sun damage. so new is still better as they are more straight. i don't see why people judge them .... ?

4 hours + just fitting the front bar and top moulds on mine to sit flush. but worth every minute.
Absolutely, sound like you bought the same bars as me. I got them from kingswood country on eBay. Took me 4 hours as well to line everything up. But, i painted them satin mx grey first. Just like they were originally from factory.
It did need a few minor tweaks here and there. Just watch out for the rear bar. Was a bit of a pain to line up. And the berlina red and silver stripes just polish it off as well!

---------- Post added 12-03-14 at 19:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYNICL View Post
The way my internet loaded the first thing I saw was the third photo up in that post, my heart sank till I looked at the plates and realised it didn't happen right after a resto (Thought it was the Berlina for that split second), still a very sad sight to see either way though. After 20 years I can't imagine how attached you'd of been to that car, I've had mine almost 2 years and I love it more than a lot of people that's for sure. Hope your Dad came out of it okay.

Also the Berlina is looking great mate, nice to see you on CT. Us White over MX Berlinas gotta stick together
Had to come over and show her off. Haha definately stick together man, we'll show them how it's done . Sorry for the scare. If anything i didn't mean it lol.
That car was like a brother. Throughout anything it was always there ready to go. It has been the most reliable car we've ever owned as well. Only 1 thing ever went wrong with it and was that it cracked a few spark plugs from running 91 octane.
Old 13-03-14, 00:13   #24
SELO XST 045
167rwkw @ 10psi

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to SELO XST 045
yeah i guess the rear, it seams to sit nice and close on the bumper were that steel trim goes on the rear arch tip. but as you start to come to the corner section of the tail light it creeps up by a good 10mm+ ( between the top trim and bumper )

i dont know if its just my car or are they all like that i would like drill out the mounting spots a little and see if i can tilt the rear bar up or maybe drop the top trim down a little.

is yours like that too?
SELO XST 045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-14, 09:22   #25
bdj_007
Player

I adjusted the metal brackets to force it up. Took ages to get it even remotely close. BUT, my old vl sat the same as yours and they were genuine bars.