CalaisTurbo New Tags END Ignore Digital Niche Code -->
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Old 08-07-13, 17:15   #51
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
^^ don't eat 'torn' it's bad for you

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-13, 18:48   #52
lil_timmy
Forever N/A

Car: charade
Trader Rating: (42)
Send a message via MSN to lil_timmy
^^ good input
lil_timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-13, 20:41   #53
<NICK>
Player

Car: 1986 VL SL Turbo
Trader Rating: (0)
seems like the hoon laws are becoming more worse by the minute , its becoming more and more harder to drive a nice car on the streets , as police just label everyone as the same .... all the stuff you see on the news doesnt help either , end of the day there only doing there job , the idiots out there ruin it for everyone

this is one of the big reasons im debating selling up after summer , sometimes its just not worth the hassle
Old 09-07-13, 22:08   #54
jetsonrac
Player

Car: 1D008D BT1 LW5-MX7.2014 R ROVER SPORT
^^ I was thinking of selling up too Nick. And buy something newer like a cv8 R monaro . Something I can drive a lot more and not have to stress about someone running into it or the cops giving u grief . But every time I walk into the garage and look at it, I couldn't do it
jetsonrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-13, 22:55   #55
HTURBO
Pushing Limits

Car: 05 VZ HSV Clubsport R8 daily / VL calais turbo manual / 05 CRF450R
Trader Rating: (3)
Yeah your right NICK. All these young kids in there ricers really stuff it up for everyone. Just seen a post on facebook where a cop chase's some P-plater for doing burnouts at a car meet. There's a time & place for stuff like that. Just not on public roads with other motorists. It's becoming very hard to own a modified car on the road. Unless you have $$$$'s
Old 10-07-13, 20:01   #56
<NICK>
Player

Car: 1986 VL SL Turbo
Yeah guys it's getting rediculously hard to drive a nice modified car , an the concequences of doing something even slightly stupid is very severe

I like turning the tyres at 100kmh here and there i won't deny that but it's become that bad out there, even when driving normally you have to watch everywhere around for police when driving a modded car

I'm just over it , I love my vls and have owned and been around them for years but , how everything has changed I think something more newer with a bit of grunt is more up my alley !

So ill make the most of the car this coming summer and look on the market for something not as out there and cop bait
Old 10-07-13, 22:26   #57
cornchips
Player

Car: vl bt1 & o.g berlina turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsonrac View Post
^^ I was thinking of selling up too Nick. And buy something newer like a cv8 R monaro . Something I can drive a lot more and not have to stress about someone running into it or the cops giving u grief . But every time I walk into the garage and look at it, I couldn't do it
Ur lucky u added in the 'i couldn't do it' cos I would have driven to ur house tomorrow morning and taken the keys and books until u came to ur senses!! Lol plus can u imagine the disappointment on the little guys face if the do do car was gone??
cornchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 22:44   #58
jetsonrac
Player

Car: 1D008D BT1 LW5-MX7.2014 R ROVER SPORT
^^^lol ur a pissa. I've had a couple of close calls past couple of weeks Shano .iv almost been wiped off the road buy some fxxxwit drivers.honestly how much brighter do want the car to be before u can see me.
jetsonrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 17:44   #59
havavb
Player

Car: VT Tiga Mica S Pac II Manual
I used to get picked on by police quite a lot (young and stupid lost my licence for nearly 2 years for driving whilst suspended since learned better) anyway these days I can bang around in a nice car not get picked on and even a skidder (vn vp etc) and not get picked on. The Police really need to stop targeting P Platers and labelling us as "hoons" yeah some are there will always be a bad egg. But it doesn't help them having some input in shutting down every legal skid pan (everyone knows its all revenue raising anyway). They really need to take their fingers out their ass and do something about the real problem drivers. Just today I was driving up Plenty Rd just cruising on my way to Holden to order some parts for the car and I have this absolute moron speed up behind (easily going 30+ kph over the limit) started tail gating me for no absolute reason, so I moved over to the next lane and this guy still persistant screaming with his hand out the window (glimpses in the rear view at him) so I over took a car to get away from the idiot, next thing my friend tells me he just across 2 lanes to catch me (look in the rear view and his up my ass again) anyway go to do a U-turn (waiting for the tram light to go red) and this guy pulls up next to me (didn't even look to see if someone was going to slam up his ass or not) starts abusing me saying im f****d and the cars getting impounded cause its 70 when not once did I exceed the limit by any more than maybe 5k's when I was trying to get away from the idiot, he then takes off. I think to myself I was in the wrong but im not speeding cutting lanes/cutting cars off, tail gating or harassing someone. the guy mind you was in his late 30's early 40's and looked like he was on some type of drug. I did nothing to aggravate him, his simply a moron.

In another instance I was travelling along the same exact road, this is when I first got my new car (well about 6 months ago anyway) there was a guy on the phone (the police seen him) but then they seen a modded commo with a p plate so they went out of there way to come catch me and let the guy off on the phone. they then wanted to defect my car for the exhaust being to loud (which it wasn't the car passed a legit rwc how I was pulled over) as they said my exhaust was to loud a VZ SS ute came screaming past easily 5 times as loud as my v6 and speeding and they did nothing.

If them to points haven't proved that there is some kind of discretion to p platers I don't know what will) sorry for the rant lol but good solid points above! Each time I have a witness to prove Im in the right.

Last edited by havavb; 11-07-13 at 20:24.
havavb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 19:15   #60
XEC747
328 PSI biteforce

Car: VL, VR, VE
Trader Rating: (9)
Maybe they pulled you over because of your lack of full stops, spelling and general "hard to read stories" in which they could LOL when you tried to repeat them on a forum?
Old 11-07-13, 19:44   #61
havavb
Player

Had no idea I was in grammar school, doesn't take much to know when to have a break of reading. h0w abOut I typ lik dis nxt tym. Always someone who is upset by grammar...

Can't even share something to help the cause of p plater discrimination without someone having a smart remark.

Last edited by havavb; 11-07-13 at 20:03.
Old 11-07-13, 20:01   #62
tzatziki
Player

Car: d22 navarra, VL turbo sleeper
oh snap....well said havavb
tzatziki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 20:04   #63
XEC747
328 PSI biteforce

A sentence every once in a while makes it a bit easier to read random rants such as yours.

My grammar can be terrible most of the time, but yours is 3rd world standard.

Do you even know any officers, because I'm sure if you did, you would realise just how successful it can be pulling over random people such as yourself can actually be.

If you don't like being pulled over, buy a VE V6, leave it standard and I'm pretty sure you won't even get have an eyeball looked upon you.

EDIT:
If you want to moan about something, bitch about fuel prices, Japanese whaling, banks making billions in profit yet sending jobs OS, just quit moaning about someone pulling you over because you have what they may categorise as a worthwhile target vehicle.

LOL P plate cause, how is moaning about being pulled over helping anything.

You do realise that the older people of the forum were P platers at some point in time. I know I was, yet strangely I wasn't pulled up that much despite have a very modified vehicle and if I was, well, shit happens when you drive something worth targeting.

Last edited by XEC747; 11-07-13 at 20:18.
XEC747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 20:09   #64
BigM22
Booooooooosssssttt!

Car: 87 Exec, BF Falcon (Daily)
If you have upwards of 10 grand to spend that's easy
Old 11-07-13, 20:25   #65
havavb
Player

XEC747 please explain how my grammar is 3rd world, I re read the post I was able to read it fine. So maybe the problem is somewhere in your head. A random pull over when the post stated that the "officer" clearly seen, that the man in front of me was on his mobile telephone, but yet he chose to ignore that law breaking civilian as he had no p plates plastered on his windows. Yet if the shoe was on the other foot I would've been bent over and a broom shoved up there...... And why? Because Im a P Plater who owns a Commodore. Yes I do know quite a few police officers, theres 3 in my dads street and my girlfriend's uncle happens to be one. All nice blokes. Also get along with quite a few in my Neighbourhood which is probably why they don't randomly pull me over compared to 3 years ago. I don't have the money for a VE SV6 and even if I did I wouldn't purchase one. The alloytec is poorly designed motor (my opinion, so no one bother arguing we all have opinions). I'd buy an FG over a VE much better vehicle (once again my opinion). Anyway the thread was made about hoon laws not grammar, I can start a grammar thread if you like? You may freely correct my 3rd world grammar
Old 11-07-13, 20:39   #66
XEC747
328 PSI biteforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by havavb View Post
XEC747 please explain how my grammar is 3rd world, I re read the post I was able to read it fine. So maybe the problem is somewhere in your head. A random pull over when the post stated that the "officer" clearly seen, that the man in front of me was on his mobile telephone, but yet he chose to ignore that law breaking civilian as he had no p plates plastered on his windows. Yet if the shoe was on the other foot I would've been bent over and a broom shoved up there...... And why? Because Im a P Plater who owns a Commodore. Yes I do know quite a few police officers, theres 3 in my dads street and my girlfriend's uncle happens to be one. All nice blokes. Also get along with quite a few in my Neighbourhood which is probably why they don't randomly pull me over compared to 3 years ago. I don't have the money for a VE SV6 and even if I did I wouldn't purchase one. The alloytec is poorly designed motor (my opinion, so no one bother arguing we all have opinions). I'd buy an FG over a VE much better vehicle (once again my opinion). Anyway the thread was made about hoon laws not grammar, I can start a grammar thread if you like? You may freely correct my 3rd world grammar
I CBF correcting it. I'm not your school teacher, contact your old high school for neglect.

It's simple, just stop chewing the arse of the people you are going to call when you car gets stolen, when someone robs you or anyone wrongs you in any other way.

Last edited by XEC747; 11-07-13 at 20:42.
Old 11-07-13, 21:11   #67
cornchips
Player

Car: vl bt1 & o.g berlina turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsonrac View Post
^^^lol ur a pissa. I've had a couple of close calls past couple of weeks Shano .iv almost been wiped off the road buy some fxxxwit drivers.honestly how much brighter do want the car to be before u can see me.
It's the weather bro- brings out the **** drivers!! Even if it looks like rain people lose all common sense.
Maybe add some hi vis stickers to it lol, next time u have second thoughts about the car call me and I will talk sense into u!
cornchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 21:43   #68
havavb
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by XEC747 View Post
I CBF correcting it. I'm not your school teacher, contact your old high school for neglect.

It's simple, just stop chewing the arse of the people you are going to call when you car gets stolen, when someone robs you or anyone wrongs you in any other way.
Well maybe you CBF kicking the bucket about Internet grammar next time hey, as far as "chewing the arse" out of the cops that's what the thread is basically for. They turn a blind eye and/or put certain crimes below hooning, or as a lot of people may agree owning a modified car. So before you go all grammar cop on someone take a second and relise there just sharing a few stories where the hoon (P Plater, because the media basically assume we all are hoons) has done nothing wrong and it's been other "non P Plater" getting off/in the wrong. This is my last reply to you I'm not filling the thread up with argumentive comments.
Old 11-07-13, 21:56   #69
XEC747
328 PSI biteforce

Last edited by XEC747; 11-07-13 at 22:01.
Old 13-07-13, 10:49   #70
HTURBO
Pushing Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by xec747 View Post
lol
Old 13-07-13, 11:02   #71
ss nut
Player

Car: HDT Calais Sport Wagon(V8)1976 Sandman Van(V8)VS Commodore Ute,2000 Astra Sport.
What we have to do as car clubs and alike is to get rid of the bad apples that ruin it for us.Put pressure on the known Di%k Heads that stuff it up!

Marty
Old 13-07-13, 11:17   #72
Oxer
Player

Car: Berlina Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by XEC747 View Post
You do realise that the older people of the forum were P platers at some point in time. I know I was, yet strangely I wasn't pulled up that much despite have a very modified vehicle and if I was, well, shit happens when you drive something worth targeting.
You can't sit there and tell us that you dont think it's getting beyond ridiculous though.

A lot has changed in just the last 10 years. I remember when I was little and every back street was 60km/h. What changed? What was the reasoning for 50km/h zones? you cant tell me that with an increase in population that there was an increase in car related incidents, and if there was, since when was a lack of common sense a justifiable reason to effect every road user?

I know the government uses it as an excuse, but we all know that better driver education and public awareness would be much more effective.

Not that my 2c matters. Part of the reason I plan on moving to the US in a few years. When you see what they get away with over there first hand, anyone thats passionate about cars and doesnt have anything holding them back makes the transition. Too bad there arent any VL's in the states lol.
Oxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-13, 11:38   #73
HTURBO
Pushing Limits

There's one VL in the states.
Old 13-07-13, 11:49   #74
XEC747
328 PSI biteforce

Yes it is becoming idiotic but realistically there is little that you can do when you know that you will be a target, yet moan like you just had your left nut stolen from you.

I'd be happy if my biggest problem was being worried that I was going to be pulled over for driving a modified car, than be like a large portion of the worlds population of having the worry that I cant actually feed myself, where am I going to sleep, can I get a job etc etc. Perspective is a wonderful thing.

You just have to look at some of the big accidents that regularly happen, it's due to people generally being just a fucking idiot. If they are young or driving a "hotted up" car it makes the situation worse. People start moaning that they are being targeted.

Look at the two accidents this week with older people driving into shop windows. Older drivers have become the latest attraction. Everyone has their turn, it's just that some people like to come into threads and call the police all sorts of names. They do to the police what they complain the police are doing to them, tarring them all with the same brush.

Naturally with an increase in population there will be an increase accidents. Safer cars help negate this, but it seems that a human being with common sense is becoming an diminishing occurrence amongst the sea of idiots roaming around.

Last edited by XEC747; 13-07-13 at 11:54.
Old 13-07-13, 16:47   #75
ss nut
Player

Car: HDT Calais Sport Wagon(V8)1976 Sandman Van(V8)VS Commodore Ute,2000 Astra Sport.
Again it is the few that ruin it for the rest of us.But The media does not help.Infact I recon the media does more damage,Just get out and enjoy.Who cares if you get pulled over,If you are legal and not doing anything but cruzin, All they can say is gidday and enjoy the day.Treat them with respect and you will get the same.

Chers Marty