Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
Tyres Now

Old 23-05-13, 08:50   #1
Stock_87
Player

Car: 1987 VL Berlina, 1989 TX5 Turbo
Trader Rating: (0)
Crackdown on 'hooning'

Driving to work today they tell us to be prepared for 'a new operation crackdown on hoon behavior in Melbourne'.

This translates as a handful more revenue raising reasons to get dirty looks from police as soon as they spot that P plate..just waiting for another fear mongering story on ACA that labels young drivers moreso and condemns us for being probationary drivers.

What more can they get us for now?
Stock_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-13, 09:19   #2
THC
Player

Car: 04 cv8 monaro 300rwk. Vl calais turbo project. White Vl sl turbo.
Trader Rating: (9)
saw 2 highway patrols just on the way to work today. 1 had a vy ute pulled over (had big wheels on it and a P plate in the window , so id say your not wrong.
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-13, 10:16   #3
Morgz
Morgzano Racing

Car: VS exec forged LS3 + S482
Trader Rating: (27)
Send a message via MSN to Morgz
end of the day though... if you don't do anything wrong they can't do you for anything.
Old 23-05-13, 11:16   #4
Stock_87
Player

@ THC - that sounds like a regular happening down here, so often.

@ Morgz - It'd be nice and fair if it were as simple as that but unfortunately they rely on the plause 'officer discretion'. I always ALWAYS drive under the speed limit, even keep in the left lane and I have routine checks often. They can pull you up on the way to work and (if there a real *******) can put your car off the road for arguments sake an empty washer bottle or too many handbrake clicks.

All well and good to uphold community safety but they're playing with peoples livelyhood here. Theres a difference between being a braindead bogan with bald stockies and a minispool and trying to get to work everyday but having a slightly loose seat rail. It's the worst.

/endbutthurt

Last edited by Stock_87; 23-05-13 at 11:22.
Old 23-05-13, 15:11   #5
mz_vl
lasciate mi cantare

Car: JET86
Trader Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock_87 View Post
Driving to work today they tell us to be prepared for 'a new operation crackdown on hoon behavior in Melbourne'.

This translates as a handful more revenue raising reasons to get dirty looks from police as soon as they spot that P plate..just waiting for another fear mongering story on ACA that labels young drivers moreso and condemns us for being probationary drivers.

What more can they get us for now?
I heard this on the radio this morning, mentions its a 3month operation targeting the SE and dandy region to cull 'hoon' behavior, prob coming from all the media coverage.

Doubt they'll just target P-Platers at least I'm well off them

Does make me anxious driving around because unfortunately even though I keep my car well maintained its a preconception that we are 'hoons'
Old 23-05-13, 15:36   #6
Duke57TT
Missile Performance

Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to Duke57TT
How is it any different from normal?
Old 23-05-13, 15:46   #7
Stock_87
Player

Yeah you're spot on mz_vl, i'm anxious as soon as i turn the key..every VE or FG Falcon im searching their dash for lights haha..

You're not wrong Duke, it's one of those things..Victoria just doesn't allow car enthusiasts to be..perhaps one day we'll get a 'sorry day' for being oppressed for years like Indigenous week.
Old 23-05-13, 16:17   #8
Duke57TT
Missile Performance

No state does.

You can understand why they do it.. media beat up, people get annoyed at listening to **** boxes at 2am cutting helis in their street with exhausts cut off and people driving like ****wits in traffic etc

When you get older, you buy a boring car as a daily. I've got a D-Max, its legal and reliable and useful. I take the other cars out occasionally. The head ache of owning a car that doesn't comply with the laws governing what can and can't be driven is too much of a head ache for a daily and honestly you would be amazed what can be engineered and EPA'd..
Old 23-05-13, 16:49   #9
ss nut
Player

Car: HDT Calais Sport Wagon(V8)1976 Sandman Van(V8)VS Commodore Ute,2000 Astra Sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke57TT View Post
No state does.

You can understand why they do it.. media beat up, people get annoyed at listening to **** boxes at 2am cutting helis in their street with exhausts cut off and people driving like ****wits in traffic etc

When you get older, you buy a boring car as a daily. I've got a D-Max, its legal and reliable and useful. I take the other cars out occasionally. The head ache of owning a car that doesn't comply with the laws governing what can and can't be driven is too much of a head ache for a daily and honestly you would be amazed what can be engineered and EPA'd..
Exactly!There are always a few d$#k heads that ruin it for everyone,We always say they are picking on us.How do you know if they guy in the ute that was pulled over may of been speeding.Here in NZ it is the same they always cry they are picking on us.Well behave and there is nothing they can do.

Marty
Old 23-05-13, 18:25   #10
GM.0870
Player

Car: 1987 Red Over Silver VL Calais Turbo, Series II, Manual & Sunroof [RBWPN]
It's dedicated to the S.E. suburbs
GM.0870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-13, 18:56   #11
HTURBO
Pushing Limits

Car: 05 VZ HSV Clubsport R8 daily / VL calais turbo manual / 05 CRF450R
Trader Rating: (3)
Highway Patrol was out & about in Gippsland today pulling over any modified car & P-platers.
Old 23-05-13, 19:53   #12
vlct2010
Player

Car: HDT LE replica Vlct 5 spd, 01 lancer glxi 5spd
Trader Rating: (1)
If its not a daily dnt drive it for few weeks n piss em off with nothing or noone to pick on.. beat em at there own game...
Old 23-05-13, 20:58   #13
Ant_man
Player

Car: vl calais turbo , vs senator 215i 6 speed, vz ssz
Its stuff like this that's stopped me driving my senator been over 2 years since it was rego now as everytime take it out i'd get pulled up
Ant_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-13, 21:37   #14
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgz View Post
end of the day though... if you don't do anything wrong they can't do you for anything.
soooo not true.

anyway on the upside they are doing it in winter! My cars are akl wrapped up for the wet season hells yeah. hope they lay off in summer!

---------- Post added 23-05-13 at 21:39 ----------

also did i see some youtube vid going around about arrests at narre warren krispy kreme at a car meet? someone link me that shiz?
Old 23-05-13, 22:16   #15
<NICK>
Player

Car: 1986 VL SL Turbo
its all those idiots that have these VN and onwards clappers .... running a muck on the street which is why there coming down harder

the ammount of times i see P platers cutting lanes etc etc while driving to and from jobs at work is rediculous

so i think the coppers should give these idiots all they deserve , ive been pulled over many of times but if the car looks respectable and so on they let you go
Old 23-05-13, 23:22   #16
THC
Player

Car: 04 cv8 monaro 300rwk. Vl calais turbo project. White Vl sl turbo.
Trader Rating: (9)
Got pulled over on the way home from work in the monaro. Major defect . Keep your toys at home for the next few weeks. Was in narre south to . Didn't even do anything wrong.
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 01:26   #17
MUS
Couldnt care less

Car: Bagged 6L Wags, VLCT
Trader Rating: (6)
Im not on my p's, when i cruise in my VL i get alot of unwanted attention. The difference is, when the popo pull me over they cant touch me. Everything is legal. So they just waste both our time... I drive my senator daily, dont really get much cop attention unless im taking off because the exhaust is loud.
Not much has changed, police wise since back when i was on my p's. If your cars unroadworthy, cops will dick you

Last edited by MUS; 24-05-13 at 01:28.
MUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 05:35   #18
vlct2010
Player

Car: HDT LE replica Vlct 5 spd, 01 lancer glxi 5spd
Trader Rating: (1)
A cop once did a u turn over a medium strip cut off a bus then moved across 3 lanes n followed me from 4 car lengths behind n sat crossed up over 2 lanes seein which way I was going... once I got pulled over he proceeded to tell me it was a random vehicle inspection. .. lol I said how is it random when u jump a medium strip n cut a bus off.. lol n he just let me go
Old 24-05-13, 07:18   #19
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Keep your cars legal and drive them whenever you want. The rules are there in black and white. If you know your car is beyond the limits specified then be prepared to get done for it. Otherwise, take off your 20's, put some springs back in the thing and maintain it.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 08:42   #20
Stock_87
Player

You all have good points, i'll still gripe at being harassed just for driving to work though. The problem is, d/heads that ruin it for us happen to have P plates..the good drivers also have P plates..it's a common thread that groups us all..it won't change but it stinks.

Take my TX5..okay maybe it's not the best choice but - I have coilovers because my original shocks were a hazard and I have a front mount because the turbo is old and it needs more air, not to be a dosing douche (edit: I don't mind a good dose).

Stupid thing is, my TX5 would get d/cked in a second and the car that gets driven once a week is a stock standard complying VL lol... ITS A SHAMBLE OF A LIFESTYLE but I won't change, nor will any other enthusiasts.
Old 24-05-13, 14:33   #21
MUS
Couldnt care less

Car: Bagged 6L Wags, VLCT
Trader Rating: (6)
Mate your tx5 is slammed on its ass, has a dose pipe and the front bar hacked up so the coolers visible. No shit cops are going to hound you!
MUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 14:51   #22
Duke57TT
Missile Performance

Sook all you want you know the rules and you choose to not obey them. Yes Coppers can and do go a little far.. but it is their job, thank your lucky stars that most of them don't know what they are looking at because if I was a HWY Patrol Officer you would get a defect list a mile long. Bald tyres, tow truck home. You own a VN V6 with an exhaust, tow truck to the tip. I would be a ****.

I dunno how many times I've seen it, turn up at a car cruise and idiots have cars with tyres with the wire hanging out, exhaust dropped, lights not working and then call cops dogs for giving them a canary.. I don't car how sick you think your car is, it shouldn't be on the road.

I would be keen on rules like, you want a loud car, OK but you can only drive it between the hours of 7am and 10pm. Caught outside those time, tow truck to the impound. The only way we are going to get some kind of freedom with modified cars is if we give an inch and remove the annoyance to regular voters.

As for your TX5..

Coilovers.. you had a choice to put them on? Couldn't get stock ones?

Turbo is old so it needs more air..

Why don't you go and talk to an engineer and see if those items can be ticked off as legal.

You need to stop and have a real hard look at yourself. Societies attitudes are not going to change any time soon, so us as a minority group need to change to better fit in with society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock_87 View Post
You all have good points, i'll still gripe at being harassed just for driving to work though. The problem is, d/heads that ruin it for us happen to have P plates..the good drivers also have P plates..it's a common thread that groups us all..it won't change but it stinks.

Take my TX5..okay maybe it's not the best choice but - I have coilovers because my original shocks were a hazard and I have a front mount because the turbo is old and it needs more air, not to be a dosing douche (edit: I don't mind a good dose).

Stupid thing is, my TX5 would get d/cked in a second and the car that gets driven once a week is a stock standard complying VL lol... ITS A SHAMBLE OF A LIFESTYLE but I won't change, nor will any other enthusiasts.
Old 24-05-13, 15:22   #23
Bax

Car: Pushbike
Trader Rating: (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke57TT View Post
You need to stop and have a real hard look at yourself. Societies attitudes are not going to change any time soon, so us as a minority group need to change to better fit in with society.
Check yoself?

This man speaks the truth, I read the TX5 comment, coilovers, intercooler because turbo is old etc. Front bar hacked up, and I just had a chuckle to myself.
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 15:32   #24
Wkd_Vl
Player

Car: VLT & Vz SV8
Trader Rating: (24)
do you guys reckon one of the first things that get a cops attention is the height and wheels. i hope when my vl is done it dosnt get looked at to much . fe2 height and 15x7 slver ceptors. only problem is its yellow lol
Wkd_Vl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 15:43   #25
Bax

Car: Pushbike
Trader Rating: (41)
If I was a cop.

What would attract my attention would be Height, Wheels, Tint, Exhaust noise, If the car had been butchered to fit intercoolers etc, and of course driving behaviour. Somebody patiently cruising through traffic as opposed to somebody weaving in and out
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote