GRUNT Performance

Old 08-03-13, 15:22   #1
Rb30et87
Official Member

Car: Blu Calais Turbo (Rajab Built Motor) JPC the rest
Trader Rating: (41)
Club car permit? VL

Hey all,

Don't have time to search threads but just need a quick answer. What's the go with club car permit?

All I know is its cheaper and it's 90 days of driving and u need to be in a club? So is being on CT being in a club?

Also can u keep ur plates and just use the sticker.

---------- Post added 08-03-13 at 16:25 ----------

P.s calling vic roads is not as easy as it seems! D*ckheads keep hanging up and can't get through
Rb30et87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-13, 15:25   #2
jmz-anth
Player

Car: VS BT1 jet,VZ berlina
Trader Rating: (0)
i spoke to my neighbour about this the other day as he has a club permit number plate- dont know if this is 100% correct though but he said he gets 3 months in a year to drive the car and he has a logbook to fill in every single time he drives with kms etc as if a cop pulls you over they will ask for that- you also cant keep ur exisiting plates as u need the permit ones saying CLUB PERMIT but im pretty sure u dont have to be in a 'club' to have them if u got anymore questions about it pm me and ill go and ask him for more info
jmz-anth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-13, 15:28   #3
Rb30et87
Official Member

Sweet as mate thanks ill pm u now

---------- Post added 08-03-13 at 17:23 ----------

Apparently u need a road worthy too! Oh no! This could be a problem with a 10 sec car. Any ideas guys? And I don't wanna get my car back to standard as it's a major problem to do so
Old 09-03-13, 00:02   #4
boosted_wagon
loves to drink Alcohol

Car: factory vl berlina turbo wagon new 2 tone paint, ford territory titanium
Trader Rating: (48)
Send a message via MSN to boosted_wagon
Lol if u find the rite club then there's no Rwc required and no need to take the car to Vic roads, yes u are rite in the 90 day permit but u can get a 45 day permit also.. 45 days for $75 and 90 days for $150, u do need to keep a log book, also some clubs require u to attend meets and cruises but if u shop around there's some out there that have an event that goes for a year so in a technicality there is no meets and cruises.... For more info pm me but some times info isn't for free
boosted_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-13, 01:36   #5
mulkers
Official Member

Car: VE SS Sportwagon, VL Berlina Turbo, VL 5.0 Berlina, Slocus work hack
Trader Rating: (1)
Wow. A bit of misinformation here(and in other threads) A quick search would have actually shown relevant results however.

I am currently going through this process.

$67.60 for 45 days, can get another 45 for $65.10. This is cheaper than getting the 90 days for $132.80.

-No refunds and can not have more than 90 days under any circumstances.

-Cars must conform to the Vicroads VSI standards, including no spools, locked diffs, nitrous system in the car at all, even if disconnected etc.

- No more than 20% higher power than original, unless certified by a VASS Signatory

-Roll cages must be VASS certified.

-RWC depends on the club you join. If you aren't required to get a RWC, you will probably have to put your car over the club's pits anyway.

-You must be a member of a club to get club plates, no exceptions.

-The club plates must be displayed, not your original plates.

A list of approved clubs can be found here: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rd...onsNov2012.pdf

Last edited by mulkers; 09-03-13 at 01:58.
mulkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13, 17:41   #6
Rb30et87
Official Member

yer i rang vic roads and they say RWC is a must no matter what, i have had a look through the site and yes u need to be signed up to a club. I have a mini spool, so u saying i cant get through vic roads with that on.
Old 10-03-13, 19:41   #7
boosted_wagon
loves to drink Alcohol

Car: factory vl berlina turbo wagon new 2 tone paint, ford territory titanium
Trader Rating: (48)
Send a message via MSN to boosted_wagon
Mate I can assure u that a Rwc isn't required for some car clubs
boosted_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13, 20:06   #8
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...lubPermits.htm

Quote:
The Victorian club permit scheme allows members of car clubs (including motorcycle, trailer/caravan and machinery clubs) that are recognised by VicRoads to make limited use of historic vehicles on the road network.

A club permit can be issued to the following vehicles in the following categories:

Veteran vehicles – manufactured before 1 January 1919;
Vintage vehicles – manufactured after 31 December 1918 and before 1 January 1931
Classic and Historic vehicles - manufactured after 31 December 1930, but more than 25 years before the date of the application for a club permit.
These categories can include trailers and modified vehicles such as street rods. Vehicles which are replicas of vehicles in the above-mentioned categories may also be issued with a club permit.

Club permits are issued for 12 month periods and vehicles are issued with specific club permit plate(s).

From 1 February 2011, new conditions of use for club permit vehicles apply.

Under the new conditions of use, permit holders are no longer restricted to club sanctioned activities when using their vehicles. Club Permit vehicles can be used at any time for any purpose other than for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward.

A logbook is issued to permit holders to record the use of the vehicle over the permit period. A log book entry must be made each day that the vehicle is used (unless the vehicle is within 100 metres of the garaged address).

A logbook must be carried in the vehicle, or on the rider in the case of motorcycles, at all times the vehicle is in use.

Financial members of VicRoads’ approved clubs are able to apply for either a 45 or 90 day permit depending on how much use they expect to make of their vehicles over a 12 month period. If a person obtains a 45 day permit but later decides that this is not enough, another 45 day permit may be purchased later on.

However, no-one will be able to obtain a permit to drive their vehicle for more than 90 days in each 12 month registration period.

Other features of the new scheme include:

A windscreen label will be issued to assist in identifying vehicles operating with a current permit;
VicRoads may suspend or cancel a permit if the permit holder fails to comply with the permit conditions or engages in conduct which threatens public safety or undermines the integrity of the permit scheme;
Clubs are required to sign an agreement with VicRoads that they meet certain obligations including that they notify VicRoads if they become aware or reasonably suspect a pattern of incorrect use of a logbook by a member. If this is not done, VicRoads will be able to revoke the club’s approval to be part of the scheme.
Club permit holders already on the scheme prior to 1 February 2011 have been issued with a free 90 day transitional logbook. The transitional logbook will be able to be used until the current permit expires. The logbook is valid until the permit expiry date and allows use up to a maximum of 90 days prior to the expiry date.

Permit holders operating with the transitional logbook are not issued with a windscreen label or log book certificate sticker until the current permit is renewed after 1 February 2011.

Applying for a club permit
To apply for a Club permit you will need to complete a Club Permit Application form together with:

written verification by the club secretary (or person authorised by VicRoads) that the applicant for the club permit is a member of the car club
in the case of a club historic vehicle that is not a street rod, a current certificate of roadworthiness or a letter from a scrutineer authorised by the club, stating that the vehicle is safe for use on the road
in the case an application made in respect of a street rod, that is a vehicle modified in excess of the level prescribed in the Vehicle Standards Information No.8. (VSI8) document [PDF, 279 KB, 8pp.], a Street Rod Inspection certificate issued by any VASS Signatory [DOC. 1113KB, 7pp]
Club Permit fee - refer to Permits (Club, Rally and Unregistered Vehicle Permits)

Refunds
Refunds are not available for Club Permits if the period for which the permit was obtained has commenced.

Number plates
If you submit your Club Permit application at one of the following VicRoads Customer Service Centres, you will receive your number plates on the spot. If you go to any other Customer Service Centre you will have to wait for the delivery of your number plates. Custom plates cannot be issued to a vehicle on the Club Permit Scheme.

Bendigo
Broadmeadows
Bundoora
Burwood
Carlton
Frankston
Geelong
Mildura
Morwell
Sunshine
Warrnambool
Wodonga
Find your closest VicRoads Customer Service Centre

Changing the address on your Club Permit
To change the address on your Club Permit simply provide the following details:

Club Permit number/s
Driver licence number
Name
Addresses
Vehicle details (make, body type eg. Sedan, roadster etc); and
send to VicRoads by:

mail:
VicRoads
GPO Box 1644
Melbourne, VIC 3001

or,

fax: (03) 9854 2316
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13, 20:20   #9
leb vlt
Roll Cage Territory

Car: 10.8 @ 121 mph
Trader Rating: (62)
Send a message via MSN to leb vlt
So uz pretty much get cheaper rego bcos u obviously don't drive ur car as much. But are u exempt to defects, EPA etc

HEKTIK FENCING, hit us up for a free quote 0403307549
leb vlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13, 20:29   #10
MrSquigle
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (28)
I take it you still need third party compulsary insurance?
Old 12-03-13, 10:25   #11
Rb30et87
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted_wagon View Post
Mate I can assure u that a Rwc isn't required for some car clubs
Do u know which car club that doesn't require RWC, can you let me know asap

Cheers
Old 12-03-13, 10:28   #12
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leb vlt View Post
So uz pretty much get cheaper rego bcos u obviously don't drive ur car as much. But are u exempt to defects, EPA etc
lol, no.
I'm not sure why but people think club reg is a free ticket to unlimited mods without the possibility of getting caught.

It's absolutely no different to normal rego rules.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 12:51   #13
Rb30et87
Official Member

It's only just less chance of getting done is what I believe cos the cops think oh he has club permit so means he doesn't drive much etc, but I'm sure if they see a VL they will be prks, and if ur out on Friday nights there is no chance this club permit will be a free ticket.

I just wanna know what club I can join that doesn't involve getting a RWC.
Old 12-03-13, 13:58   #14
PROGMH

Car:
My car club (200 members) had 20 members with letters from police demanding vehicle inspections. I'd say club permits are more of a magnet than normal rego.

You either need a RWC or the club inspector to go over it... and they're not going to pass an illegal or unroadworthy car that puts every other club rego'd car in their club under scruitiny.
Old 12-03-13, 16:59   #15
Rb30et87
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH View Post
My car club (200 members) had 20 members with letters from police demanding vehicle inspections. I'd say club permits are more of a magnet than normal rego.

You either need a RWC or the club inspector to go over it... and they're not going to pass an illegal or unroadworthy car that puts every other club rego'd car in their club under scruitiny.
PM sent
Old 12-03-13, 18:18   #16
mulkers
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH View Post
lol, no.
I'm not sure why but people think club reg is a free ticket to unlimited mods without the possibility of getting caught.

It's absolutely no different to normal rego rules.
Its actually stricter

---------- Post added 12-03-13 at 19:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by leb vlt View Post
But are u exempt to defects, EPA etc
That is pretty much the exact opposite of how it works.
Old 12-03-13, 19:07   #17
Rb30et87
Official Member

If some one has some good info on a car club that doesnt really require a RWC please PM me, my car is in mint condition but its a 10 sec car so u know the drill there
Old 12-03-13, 20:15   #18
mulkers
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb30et87 View Post
If some one has some good info on a car club that doesnt really require a RWC please PM me, my car is in mint condition but its a 10 sec car so u know the drill there
Your vehicle must conform with the Vicroads VSI guide, or be VASS certified.

Here is a link to relevant areas of the VSI that your car needs to either meet or be VASS certified:

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4...detomodifi.jpg

Good luck getting in to a club on the premises of wanting cheap rego and not having to get a RWC. IT is most certainly not in the spirit of the system
Old 13-03-13, 07:30   #19
PROGMH

Car:
Jase if you want a highly modified car to pass rego you're gonna have a bad time.

A lot of older cars try for club reg that have been sitting in the shed for years only to find they need brakes, suspension bushes and heaps of other work to get up to spec... it's not a free for all registration without needing to be road worthy.
Old 17-03-13, 17:55   #20
mulkers
Official Member

It would need to be roadworthy, engineered if applicable
Old 17-03-13, 18:17   #21
Rb30et87
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulkers View Post
It would need to be roadworthy, engineered if applicable
Cheers mulkers, im gonna look at getting it engineered
Old 26-03-13, 21:10   #22
joe185i
Player

Car: HWY.88, VLC LS1
Trader Rating: (3)
I know people that are straight up joining clubs with 400ci+ engines and not going over pits or doing rwc's. Just a matter of filling out a form...
joe185i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-13, 21:20   #23
slepar
kikin it new school :)

Car: vn ss-[SK8NVN], vt ss (sold), vp calais 5ltr, vq stato 5ltr, vs berlina 5ltr, vr stato 5ltr, wh stato s/c v6, vt ss ls1, ve calais 6.0, ve ssv ute m6
Trader Rating: (24)
So the power can only be greater than 20% than original yet I continuously see club reg'd cars with massive superchargers hanging out the bonnet loud as hell screaming down the street...what's the go with that?
slepar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-13, 07:34   #24
PROGMH

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe185i View Post
I know people that are straight up joining clubs with 400ci+ engines and not going over pits or doing rwc's. Just a matter of filling out a form...
It just takes one car to flout the rules and everyone in that club will get scruitinised. The clubs are risking themselves if they pass stuff like that.

My club had an almost drag car torana come in and ask for club reg... they laughed and told him that it would never get any sort of rego.
Old 16-04-13, 20:33   #25
BoostedVT
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Whats the go if you get a car on club reg but then want to convert it over to normal reg? Is it a another pain in the backside process?
BoostedVT is offline   Reply With Quote