Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Queensland
JD CUSTOM

Old 26-09-12, 12:04   #1
CHRGD6
I'm kind of a big deal

Car: RB25 VL, 2012 Colorado
Trader Rating: (5)
Cruise for Charity 9, Queensland - Sunday 30 September, 2012

Anyone heading down to join us at C4C9 QLD this Sunday, 30/9?

Date: Sunday the 30th September 2012

Meet Point: Murarrie Reserve

Gates open: 8:00am - NO EARLIER

Depart for Cruise begins: 10:00 am

Destination: Parklands, Gold Coast

Gates open: 12:00pm - NO EARLIER

Cost is a minimum donation of $35 per vehicle - NO CHANGE!

I know big words
CHRGD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-12, 13:43   #2
Fresh_VL
Player

Car: VL Calais Turbo "10VLT", XR6T MK2
Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Fresh_VL
quite a few i believe
Fresh_VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-12, 13:45   #3
calais25t
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (11)
Send a message via MSN to calais25t
Be there for sure. Gonna cruise in my new maloo, bitches love maloos.
calais25t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-12, 11:40   #4
AVG45
Sik****

Car: SL Turbo
Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via MSN to AVG45
Not if it's not harlequin they don't!
Old 27-09-12, 12:49   #5
InsaneVL
So Much Win

Car: Just a Non-Turbo VL...
Trader Rating: (32)
50/50 chance for me.
Tuner is coming over on Saturday to get the VL into a run-in tune. If that all goes well, I'll see you all out there on Sunday.
Old 27-09-12, 13:39   #6
calais25t
Gold Members

Car:
Send a message via MSN to calais25t
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVG45 View Post
Not if it's not harlequin they don't!
You will be happy to know it IS shut the *** gates! Bitches be frothin over this ****.
calais25t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-12, 16:59   #7
no_spring
Player

Car: 900hp 8.7 second vl turbo wagon, fg xr6 turbo ute
Trader Rating: (0)
We were going to tow the wagon out for the cruise. But Andy seems to think it looks odd with the dark green doors back on it. My reply......who cares, she went 167mph....she doesn't need to look good......may or may not see ya's there
no_spring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-12, 17:31   #8
InsaneVL
So Much Win

Stayed up to 3:30am solid finalising the wiring loom and other small items to have the VL ready for 9am for tuning.

Got to drive the VL today!!! oh my gawd! have only used 1/3 throttle to get some running/driving data. Holy snapping duck shit - this thing just shits all over the RB30!..

How ever... The tailshaft hits the floor pan pretty bad and as such - only put about 1km of driving on the VL and it will not make C4C tomorrow

So devo'd!
Old 29-09-12, 20:44   #9
vanstrien
Player

Car: 30.RIP 9.45 @ 145, UNS781 BF F6 616rwhp
yeah your gonna have to space the box down man, i had to heaps to get mine to clear the undercarriage.

ill be there in my ute, calford has no gearbox and waiting on my cams to be made
Old 02-10-12, 13:25   #10
Fresh_VL
Player

great turnout of vl's, typical queensland cruise :P
Old 02-10-12, 13:31   #11
InsaneVL
So Much Win

That Black VL we looked at was quality!
Old 03-10-12, 12:19   #12
Fresh_VL
Player

Last edited by Fresh_VL; 03-10-12 at 12:27.
Old 03-10-12, 13:25   #13
251NFL
UR LOSS

Car: VL Turbo, TD42 GU Patrol
Trader Rating: (19)
Send a message via MSN to 251NFL
Who owns the black one - specs!!
Old 03-10-12, 17:02   #14
vlaholic
Player

Car: 1999 ford xr8, 1987 vlct, suzuki swift
good day out but bloody hell the qld CT members are pethetic sweat FA turnout total of vl's about 5 in total if that. it was VE central a few F-ing shev badges and even pontiac banges on eco-techs wtf. Harden up qld and CT and show the qld commodore scene how its done lets make 2012 a big one. Oh anyone who has been saying their going to come on a cruiseior event and not showed up in their vl because its not ready more then twice dont reply because you suck and p155 everyone off for not turning up and give us the sh1ts for having to read your bull crap you know who you are.

Last edited by vlaholic; 03-10-12 at 17:06.
vlaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 18:23   #15
no_spring
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaholic View Post
good day out but bloody hell the qld CT members are pethetic sweat FA turnout total of vl's about 5 in total if that. it was VE central a few F-ing shev badges and even pontiac banges on eco-techs wtf. Harden up qld and CT and show the qld commodore scene how its done lets make 2012 a big one. Oh anyone who has been saying their going to come on a cruiseior event and not showed up in their vl because its not ready more then twice dont reply because you suck and p155 everyone off for not turning up and give us the sh1ts for having to read your bull crap you know who you are.
Mate, I think you'll find there's a few qld vl's that couldn't make it due to going to events like powercruise and jamboree etc. obviously the guys that could make it did, and the guys that are trying to finish cars or fix cars didn't. A commodore 'cruise' isnt the be all and end all for qld vlt owners. Events like powercruise are....
Having a crack at guys for saying they will go, and then not turn up, isn't going to magically get their ass moving faster. It's not 10yrs ago when we could cut the springs and buy some hektik 17's and its done, guys in here are spending bulk $$ to build some very tough cars, they aren't going to let a commodore cruise dictate anything.

Plus we don't all talk it up like troyvk......haha, sorry mate, had to throw it in here
Old 03-10-12, 18:48   #16
vlaholic
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_spring View Post
Mate, I think you'll find there's a few qld vl's that couldn't make it due to going to events like powercruise and jamboree etc. obviously the guys that could make it did, and the guys that are trying to finish cars or fix cars didn't. A commodore 'cruise' isnt the be all and end all for qld vlt owners. Events like powercruise are....
Having a crack at guys for saying they will go, and then not turn up, isn't going to magically get their ass moving faster. It's not 10yrs ago when we could cut the springs and buy some hektik 17's and its done, guys in here are spending bulk $$ to build some very tough cars, they aren't going to let a commodore cruise dictate anything.

Plus we don't all talk it up like troyvk......haha, sorry mate, had to throw it in here
I wasnt trying to come across or trying to state or make out that that the cruise was to dictate that CT members should go i was stating the VL/ commodore scene up here eats donkey d1ck it is absolute crap unless you like seeing chev badges on stock VE's and the occasional VN in qld and the members that state they will go and dont because their car is still broken or not finished again and again are tossers + the guys building tough cars and dont drive them are the same boat. Please Disagree if you think the Vl scene in Qld is anything different. let me ask this when was the last time in QLD you saw 50 no even 20+ VL's cruising. to See 5 at a cruise is slack how many were at jamboree probably not many, and the guys on here with their builds going cant be the only VL owner/Hoons/enthusiasts in QLD if so the old VL in qld is rare a sh1t
Old 03-10-12, 20:04   #17
no_spring
Player

Mate, to be honest, any type of cruising in qld went out the window atleast 6yrs ago, around the time the 5-0 cracked down on broadwater carpark. That would have been the last time I saw 20+ qld vlt's on a cruise or at the same spot.

The cost and risk the guys that don't 'drive' their cars is more than most ppl imagine.
But guys ARE going to spend the $ and run the risk for a big event.
Did you not see the amount of vl's at powercruise, and the two powerplays earlier in the year?
The vlt scene is fine here in qld, it's just moved away from the cruise scene. Like I said, majority of guys are building big hp cars now, for racing, for powerskids, for everything but cruising. It's just moved in a different direction.

That's just my thoughts anyway, pop up to the next powercruise/powerplay and you'll see all the vlt's you want, doing what they are built for.

On a side note, very 2nd vy-ve v6 has a chev badge. It's the in thing. Hahaha.
Old 03-10-12, 20:19   #18
vlaholic
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_spring View Post
Mate, to be honest, any type of cruising in qld went out the window atleast 6yrs ago, around the time the 5-0 cracked down on broadwater carpark. That would have been the last time I saw 20+ qld vlt's on a cruise or at the same spot.

The cost and risk the guys that don't 'drive' their cars is more than most ppl imagine.
But guys ARE going to spend the $ and run the risk for a big event.
Did you not see the amount of vl's at powercruise, and the two powerplays earlier in the year?
The vlt scene is fine here in qld, it's just moved away from the cruise scene. Like I said, majority of guys are building big hp cars now, for racing, for powerskids, for everything but cruising. It's just moved in a different direction.

That's just my thoughts anyway, pop up to the next powercruise/powerplay and you'll see all the vlt's you want, doing what they are built for.

On a side note, very 2nd vy-ve v6 has a chev badge. It's the in thing. Hahaha.
what you state i will agree with for here in queensland, but none the less their arent many in the scene up here it is small and mainly consists purpose built race cars that cant be driven on the street or arent that isnt the point of building a car and a shame! If you build it shouldnt you build for some reliability
Old 03-10-12, 20:42   #19
no_spring
Player

Yeah, you are right, qld does miss the cars that can be regularly driven, but whatever it may be, something has swayed everyone to chase the numbers, whether its hp or et's.

And in that, a lot of reliability is lost.
I can't vouch for eveyone, it's just what i think.
A lot of guys would have gone to the cruise, like Scotty in rip 30, insane vl, my wagon on a trailer etc etc, but a lot of guys were out with breakages etc. there are nice streeters up here mate, they just don't get out much. There's a lot of mint vl's sitting in garages and workshops up here
Old 03-10-12, 21:01   #20
vanstrien
Player

Car: 30.RIP 9.45 @ 145, UNS781 BF F6 616rwhp
if i could build a 2 speed powerglide overnight i would have been there but these things take time and also overnight parts from japan, oh i mean USA
Old 03-10-12, 22:06   #21
AVG45
Sik****

Car: SL Turbo
Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via MSN to AVG45
I just don't think anyone with a decent VL cares enough for a bogan Commodore cruise... Filled to the brim with just as you mentioned, gay, boring cars. Cruising is **** anyway.. What's fun about driving round worrying about cops, stopping somewhere to talk to a bunch of retards you wish never approached you, and doing it all over again...

Powercruise is where it's at pal.
Old 03-10-12, 22:20   #22
251NFL
UR LOSS

I agree with kobi. Cruising IS gay. However cruising on the highway can be fun also it is kinda gay that we can only drive our cars a handful of time a year ie powerplay/cruise. More of these events is a must. Or grow some balls and get back on the highway like the old days haha
Old 03-10-12, 22:54   #23
exchaser
9.96@134mph

Car: 'ONC16'
Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via ICQ to exchaser
Yeah but these days man, if u get caught doing what we've all done, they take ur car, **** up again and then they wanna crush it.
It is a shame that we're all a bit hesitant to load up and hit the coast for a Friday night, but it doesn't take too many encounters with the police to really put a downer on what were 'good ol days' - times change. Events like Powercruise have taken the place. You don't get to do it as often... But it's still cruising, racing, drinkin, having a good **** talk, and if u want you can do it 3 days in a row, camping etc etc... No cops, no public nuisance complaints, no impounds, no crashes and no dead kids in cars...

I do miss some of the stuff we used to get upto, but it's one of those things where if u keep doing it over and over. It gets boring anyway, or, something eventually goes wrong and what was a good night ends up being a sad day at a funeral.

Build them fast and come out to Powercruise for a skid...
Old 03-10-12, 23:41   #24
251NFL
UR LOSS

Pretty much in a nutshell why things are the way they are I guess
Old 16-10-12, 16:22   #25
calais25t
Gold Members

Car: