CalaisTurbo New Tags END Ignore Digital Niche Code -->
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Queensland
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Reply

 

Thread Tools
Old 30-07-12, 17:46   #1
Jet R31
10.21@140.89
 
Jet R31's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20-09-04
Location: SA, Adelaide
Car: r31 skyline lego block
Trader Rating: (7)
Registering modified interstate cars in qld

Just wondering is it hard and what do you have to do to register a
modified car from interstate in QLD, is it hard, or is it servo style roady inspections like it used to be

As in S.A it is impossible to get a modified interstate car registered here and it goes over the department of transports pits and they defect every single mod, no matter how little, so car has to be totally standard.

cheers
darren
Jet R31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-12, 18:22   #2
boosted_wagon
loves to drink Alcohol
 
boosted_wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23-02-04
Location: QLD, mount warren park
Car: factory vl berlina turbo wagon new 2 tone paint, ford territory titanium
Trader Rating: (48)
Send a message via MSN to boosted_wagon
Nah in qld all ya need is a mod plate wich is just a plate saying the mods have been checked and are safe ect and a rwc, most inspections will come to ya house and do them then just take to transport and they just check numbers nothing more..... Piece of pisS
boosted_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-12, 19:27   #3
yort
Player
 
Join Date: 03-07-12
Location: Brisbane, West
Car: VLC injected 304
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted_wagon View Post
Nah in qld all ya need is a mod plate wich is just a plate saying the mods have been checked and are safe ect and a rwc, most inspections will come to ya house and do them then just take to transport and they just check numbers nothing more..... Piece of pisS
So if it came out without a turbo and now has one I have to get a mod plate?

I've got no idea even if the vl I just bought is a factory turbo or not, how can I identify?
yort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-12, 19:32   #4
boosted_wagon
loves to drink Alcohol
 
boosted_wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23-02-04
Location: QLD, mount warren park
Car: factory vl berlina turbo wagon new 2 tone paint, ford territory titanium
Trader Rating: (48)
Send a message via MSN to boosted_wagon
Nah man coz vl came out with it so ull get away with it. For eg my vl is factory turbo but because I have vt brakes, huge turbo and cooler setup and a 2 speed glide I need a mod plate to state that it's all fitted and fitted safe.... Mine is mod plated so it's legal in transports eyes. Like I can still get a defect but along as its plated then I have no problem getting a rwc
.
boosted_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-12, 19:43   #5
yort
Player
 
Join Date: 03-07-12
Location: Brisbane, West
Car: VLC injected 304
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted_wagon View Post
Nah man coz vl came out with it so ull get away with it. For eg my vl is factory turbo but because I have vt brakes, huge turbo and cooler setup and a 2 speed glide I need a mod plate to state that it's all fitted and fitted safe.... Mine is mod plated so it's legal in transports eyes. Like I can still get a defect but along as its plated then I have no problem getting a rwc
Awesome!
yort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-12, 20:10   #6
Jet R31
10.21@140.89
 
Jet R31's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20-09-04
Location: SA, Adelaide
Car: r31 skyline lego block
Trader Rating: (7)
So 6 point cages and tubs ok? , Gt42 hi-mounts, ex gate venting ok or not..can i register my R31 you reckon?

I'm not so worried about that though it my wifes stagea really, which i am just going to do 3540, ext gate setup in next month or so , just wondering if i should keep stock setup for rego..looking to move up in 12 ish months, coming to look again for where we want to live in september and go to jambo aswell

I might leave them all s.a rego anyway, you guys have gay numberplates..lol
cheers
darren
Jet R31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-12, 21:35   #7
boosted_wagon
loves to drink Alcohol
 
boosted_wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23-02-04
Location: QLD, mount warren park
Car: factory vl berlina turbo wagon new 2 tone paint, ford territory titanium
Trader Rating: (48)
Send a message via MSN to boosted_wagon
Yeah man cages are ok and do are hi mount 42's as that's what's going on mine as for the gate well legally it needs to be plumbed back in to the exhaust but if u tuck it away and hide it like me it will pass.... As for number plates tell me about it I'm originally from Vic and a personalized plate costs $2500 where as vic it costs $500 same as rego here for a 6cyl it's like $800 and a v8 is neally $1200 a year it's **** where as Vic it's like $650ish no matter what car.... But as for mods the only thing they don't like up here is nitrous and tubs pretty much everything else is ok with in reason, I've seen so many blown v8 driving around with 6/71 ect and never get hassled
boosted_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 20:30   #8
yort
Player
 
Join Date: 03-07-12
Location: Brisbane, West
Car: VLC injected 304
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted_wagon View Post
Yeah man cages are ok and do are hi mount 42's as that's what's going on mine as for the gate well legally it needs to be plumbed back in to the exhaust but if u tuck it away and hide it like me it will pass.... As for number plates tell me about it I'm originally from Vic and a personalized plate costs $2500 where as vic it costs $500 same as rego here for a 6cyl it's like $800 and a v8 is neally $1200 a year it's **** where as Vic it's like $650ish no matter what car.... But as for mods the only thing they don't like up here is nitrous and tubs pretty much everything else is ok with in reason, I've seen so many blown v8 driving around with 6/71 ect and never get hassled
Okay I will add my experience about what you have to do as I just went through it today.

ANY mod to ANY car technically needs a mod plate if you were to go 100% by the law.

I have an original 5ltr auto VL and now have an injected 5ltr 5 speed in it. A safety certificate was not able to be performed until a mod plate for the injected motor and 5 speed was on it.

The inspector said even you changing wheels from original technically needs a mod plate. Now we all know that's just crazy stuff.

Short answer is, you need a mod plate if your modified your running gear such as bolting on turbos updating to later model engines (v8's).

Don't get caught out

Last edited by yort; 06-09-12 at 20:33.
yort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 05:24   #9
TroyVK
Player
 
TroyVK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15-11-02
Location: QLD, Gold Coast
Car:
Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TroyVK
Depends who u get to do the Roady
Some "dodgy" guys just say don't drive it for a week after theroady so they are covered
They can just turn around and say the mods were performed after the inspection
TroyVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 07:35   #10
yort
Player
 
Join Date: 03-07-12
Location: Brisbane, West
Car: VLC injected 304
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyVK View Post
Depends who u get to do the Roady
Some "dodgy" guys just say don't drive it for a week after theroady so they are covered
They can just turn around and say the mods were performed after the inspection
100% right however I was more talking if you want it done legally so your insurance will pay up should the unthinkable happen
yort is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger