CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > Engines, Turbos, Exhausts, Intercoolers
Tyres Now

Old 13-04-12, 10:14   #1
VSExe
Player

Car: Holden VS Executive(Daily); VR Lexcen(13s 4 $1300)
Trader Rating: (0)
VS Exhaust System??

Hey guys,

I have a VS Executive. Pre sure it is IRS, which has got me a bit confused when it comes to chooseing an exhaust for it. I don't have the deepest pocket as I am still a student.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-5-SPORTS-EXHAUST-VS-V6-IRS-SEDAN-COMMODORE-RES-/360325584402?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item 53e5141612
Would that exhaust above make the car sound nicer?(better note, tad louder)
or is it worth puting 30-40 extra bucks in for a redback system like this?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/REDBACK-2-5-SPORTS-EXHAUST-SUIT-VN-VP-VR-VS-COMMODORE-/170528951375?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item 27b4514c4f

Any help is greatly appretiated
VSExe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 23:14   #2
Yeti
UONP - Coming Back!

Car:
Trader Rating: (55)
If you are a student with limited funds, don't waste it playing with a V6 VS. Put the money into drinking / enjoying being at uni rather than what is essentially burning it. An exhaust isn't going to add much to the car.

Same with your stereo thread, car audio is a waste of money.

It's your money at the end of the day but if money really is an issue for you, save it until you can afford a better base level car rather than pouring money into what you have.
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 09:11   #3
VSExe
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
If you are a student with limited funds, don't waste it playing with a V6 VS. Put the money into drinking / enjoying being at uni rather than what is essentially burning it. An exhaust isn't going to add much to the car.

Same with your stereo thread, car audio is a waste of money.

It's your money at the end of the day but if money really is an issue for you, save it until you can afford a better base level car rather than pouring money into what you have.
kk thanks for the advise man! i think i still will do an exhaust, mabee not a sound system, but all of my mates have hot-ed up cars, so i wouldn't mind it being atleast abit nicer! but i do appretiate the advise man

thanks
Old 18-04-12, 18:41   #4
vl_comm
Player

Car: ex-1TUFRB, Green ova Silver VL Calais, VS Berlina
Trader Rating: (2)
hey dude, to be honest, an exhaust on a vs v6 is poo lol i have a vs v6 and all i have is pacemaker extractors which i got cheap so i put them on. it goes better and doesn't sound droney or nothing. all i got is a tip put on the end to make it look respectable...
in my opinion, save your money
vl_comm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 13:47   #5
VSExe
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by vl_comm View Post
hey dude, to be honest, an exhaust on a vs v6 is poo lol i have a vs v6 and all i have is pacemaker extractors which i got cheap so i put them on. it goes better and doesn't sound droney or nothing. all i got is a tip put on the end to make it look respectable...
in my opinion, save your money
yeah after lookin into it, they don't get the best note anyways lol. may do your plan and just get a sexy tip. btw VS's are IRS? so how much is it to drop it(slightly more on its arse then its front)? and how much should i drop it? super-lows ultra-lows or just lows? keep in mind, very shallow pocket, wil change over myself(brother is mechanic and uncle to so they will help)

thanks for the reply man!!!
Old 19-04-12, 20:01   #6
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Trader Rating: (22)
If you REALLY must spend the money, try and pick up an exhaust second hand. Same effect, less money.

But I agree with the above, enjoy student life and wait until you can afford a better car.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 21:15   #7
VSExe
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
If you REALLY must spend the money, try and pick up an exhaust second hand. Same effect, less money.

But I agree with the above, enjoy student life and wait until you can afford a better car.
This is true too. Think you guys have changed my name. Imma just get a exhaust tip(nice one) and mabee drop it a bit no point spending too much though