CalaisTurbo New Tags END Ignore Digital Niche Code -->
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
G-Cylinder

Reply

 

Thread Tools
Old 13-04-12, 14:32   #51
PROGMH
Moderator
 
PROGMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-10-05
Location: VIC, VIC
Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Surprisingly yes Jase, even made it back to the pits a couple of times!
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 14:37   #52
88 Chaser
Player
 
88 Chaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-03-06
Location: Melbourne, South eastern suburbs
Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
Haha, nice.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
man, garlic on EVERYTHING makes is win
i'd eat dog sh1t on a stick if it had fresh garlic on it
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 22:34   #53
lukey661
Player
 
Join Date: 04-05-10
Location: VIC, south eastern
Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
did the promaz mazda go in the drags?? Who won the drags?
lukey661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-12, 09:08   #54
DVS VL280
Player
 
DVS VL280's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30-05-05
Location: Melbourne, somewhere in the hills
Car: DVSVLT, VEPSI and VXPSI
Trader Rating: (2)
wow it came back to the pits in one piece? furthest id seen oit drive was cruise for charity on 2 occasions, does sound good though,

yeh that purple HQ that hit the wall was only just finished swell was watching the build thread on his facey, funny enough his number plates where "SILLY" he even said it him self though he got a bit to confident and it turned around and bit him on the ass haha

---------- Post added 14-04-12 at 09:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukey661 View Post
did the promaz mazda go in the drags?? Who won the drags?

from what i hear from brett, they got called off because of weather and there where 10 cars remaining left (brett one of them) so they ended up splitting the cash between the 10
__________________
MAZTECH MOTORSPORTS
.
DVS VL280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 09:43   #55
PROGMH
Moderator
 
PROGMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-10-05
Location: VIC, VIC
Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS VL280 View Post
from what i hear from brett, they got called off because of weather and there where 10 cars remaining left (brett one of them) so they ended up splitting the cash between the 10
Yeah it was dangerous, track was wet and john wanted to race. We tried to get him to split the money and he wouldnt.
In the end his head official convinced him that it was not safe to race so he agreed to split the prize money. Good move.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 13:41   #56
Wkd_Vl
Player
 
Wkd_Vl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-02-09
Location: Melbourne, S.E
Car: VLT & Vz SV8
Trader Rating: (24)
just curious mate whats your torrie weigh ?
Wkd_Vl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 16:18   #57
PROGMH
Moderator
 
PROGMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-10-05
Location: VIC, VIC
Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Not much
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 18:10   #58
XEC747
328 PSI biteforce
 
XEC747's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28-07-02
Location: Melbourne, SIKTIR GIT
Car: VL, VR, VE
Trader Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH View Post
Not much
Bring it in to my work if you want to know exactly how much Not sure if you saw we had the weighbridge.
__________________
Tatum - ETA 25/6/13
XEC747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 18:27   #59
PROGMH
Moderator
 
PROGMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-10-05
Location: VIC, VIC
Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
It's been on a weighbridge. It's 1140kg.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 18:54   #60
88 Chaser
Player
 
88 Chaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-03-06
Location: Melbourne, South eastern suburbs
Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XEC747 View Post
Bring it in to my work if you want to know exactly how much Not sure if you saw we had the weighbridge.
Can you weigh a standard vl for me? Im keen to know how mine with a fiberglass body and no windows can still weigh in at 1400kg's, that fat ****ing ****.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
man, garlic on EVERYTHING makes is win
i'd eat dog sh1t on a stick if it had fresh garlic on it
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 19:34   #61
PROGMH
Moderator
 
PROGMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-10-05
Location: VIC, VIC
Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Might be the fat c-unt driver
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 20:09   #62
INFLYTmelb
Player
 
INFLYTmelb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-12-02
Location: Melbourne, Runway 6, Melbourne Airport
Car: 88 VL BT1 & 94 Hiace
Trader Rating: (5)
by the sounds of things, the 'easternats' isn't very attractive anymore is it?
__________________
http://www.worldadvertising.com.au Complete Signage Specialists - Australia Wide
INFLYTmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 20:09   #63
RB-GEM
LS1 Powered
 
RB-GEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20-07-06
Location: NSW, Western Sydney
Car: LS1 powered VH , VS Statesman
Trader Rating: (4)
Anyone got any footage of the ls1 vh ? ?
__________________
Mini tubbed VH LS1 powered ......... LS3 in the build
RB-GEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 20:10   #64
88 Chaser
Player
 
88 Chaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-03-06
Location: Melbourne, South eastern suburbs
Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH View Post
Might be the fat c-unt driver
I wish that was the problem, but it isnt. I could lose maybe 5-10kg's max.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
man, garlic on EVERYTHING makes is win
i'd eat dog sh1t on a stick if it had fresh garlic on it
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 20:25   #65
XEC747
328 PSI biteforce
 
XEC747's Avatar
 
Join Date: 28-07-02
Location: Melbourne, SIKTIR GIT
Car: VL, VR, VE
Trader Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Chaser View Post
Can you weigh a standard vl for me? Im keen to know how mine with a fiberglass body and no windows can still weigh in at 1400kg's, that fat ****ing ****.
I weighed my old vl and with full tank from memory it was 1470kg.

Is that what you want to know?
__________________
Tatum - ETA 25/6/13
XEC747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 20:33   #66
PROGMH
Moderator
 
PROGMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-10-05
Location: VIC, VIC
Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB-GEM View Post
Anyone got any footage of the ls1 vh ? ?
I got some in-car footage of a drift from the start line right around to the tight corners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy_5oOFI3G4

---------- Post added 17-04-12 at 20:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFLYTmelb View Post
by the sounds of things, the 'easternats' isn't very attractive anymore is it?
It's not exactly the same as it was when there was thousands of people packed in to a grand stand screaming during the street drag final was on at sandown.
It's a good drivers event... I wouldnt go to spectate though.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 21:01   #67
88 Chaser
Player
 
88 Chaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-03-06
Location: Melbourne, South eastern suburbs
Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XEC747 View Post
I weighed my old vl and with full tank from memory it was 1470kg.

Is that what you want to know?
Awesome, thanks man, mines in around 1400kg with me in it. Not too bad, 200kg heavy though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
man, garlic on EVERYTHING makes is win
i'd eat dog sh1t on a stick if it had fresh garlic on it
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 23:05   #68
zzz.087
Player
 
Join Date: 16-08-09
Location: Melbourne, South East
Car: "MYHWY" E85, 10.01@143mph, 100% Street Driven
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to zzz.087
i went as a spectator and will hav to say never again last year was ok driving in it but no long straights so not good for anything with lag,
cals h8lag was never driven due to problems with crankshafts shearing off or breaking the key ways out of it thought he fixed the problem but from the info i got had problems with it again on sunday
zzz.087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 07:19   #69
PROGMH
Moderator
 
PROGMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-10-05
Location: VIC, VIC
Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz.087 View Post
i went as a spectator and will hav to say never again last year was ok driving in it but no long straights so not good for anything with lag,
cals h8lag was never driven due to problems with crankshafts shearing off or breaking the key ways out of it thought he fixed the problem but from the info i got had problems with it again on sunday
Mate, I stayed in the same campsite as Cal, the car was driven on Saturday. It went out for a couple of cruise sessions. Due to having a tiny front mounted methanol fuel cell it only gets about two laps to a tank.
He then broke a keyway on the Sunday.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 08:00   #70
lukey661
Player
 
Join Date: 04-05-10
Location: VIC, south eastern
Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH View Post
It's been on a weighbridge. It's 1140kg.
have u raced it yet?? What power is it making now?
lukey661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 09:23   #71
vltrb-0
The Regulars
 
vltrb-0's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-04-04
Location: VIC, northern suburbs
Car: ke57, a ke70 with an ls1 and a turbo
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Chaser View Post
Awesome, thanks man, mines in around 1400kg with me in it. Not too bad, 200kg heavy though.
200Kg lighter is ****ing heaps hey

guess it just depends how far you want to take weight reduction

what's your cage made out of?

diff housings weight a stupid amount and it's unsprung weight

i'm hanging to weigh the corolla, i'm hoping it comes in at around 900Kg
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed1 View Post
This car has had more hits than Mohammad Ali
vltrb-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 17:05   #72
zzz.087
Player
 
Join Date: 16-08-09
Location: Melbourne, South East
Car: "MYHWY" E85, 10.01@143mph, 100% Street Driven
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to zzz.087
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH View Post
Mate, I stayed in the same campsite as Cal, the car was driven on Saturday. It went out for a couple of cruise sessions. Due to having a tiny front mounted methanol fuel cell it only gets about two laps to a tank.
He then broke a keyway on the Sunday.
i meant prior to easternats man, was good to see it doing some laps my best mate is his neighbour, everywhere they go they hav problems, he found the cause of the problem this time so hopefully he can sort it out so it stops happening
zzz.087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 22:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger