Old 29-03-12, 22:30   #1
Kirsti
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Impoundment of vehicle?

hey people,

just got a quick question..

so my car got impounded around 3 weeks ago coz a friend was driving and his licence was disqualified, its gone for 30 days and i can pick it up on the 2nd april, BUT my friend ( the driver ) received a letter not long ago a "NOTICE FOR APPLICATION FOR AN IMPOUNDMENT or IMMOBILISATION ORDER/FORFEITURE ORDER", just thinking that they have obviosly stuffed up as my car is already in impound i let it go till i had to go to vic roads the following day coz heres the best part, i had only just brought the car so it hadnt been transfered! annnnnyway, i go to transfer the car and im told that i have an impound block on the car and can not transfer it, so i got the old owner to call the police ect and even she cant do anything. so after about a million phonecalls and emails i get hold of someone at the vic impound support unit, but it turns out that i cant transfer the car till my mate goes to court on the 2/7/2012!! And there trying to impound it AGAIN?!?!?!? so basically im getting my car taken off me TWICE for the same offence?? is that even legal?
let me know if youve delt with anything similar coz i cant find **** about it anywhere
Old 03-04-12, 21:52   #2
siksle8
Player

Car:
hey, ive just recieved the same letter, last week i got done driving to work while disqualified at the bottom of my street in my 4b they impounded my car 30 days. ill pick up (30/4/2012) and go to court 30/7/2012 but yeah i just googled it come up with heaps of info but i still dont understand there fancy words.
Just basically if found guilty judge can decide to take car or not, correct me if im wrong or judge can decide a different penalty.

Last edited by siksle8; 03-04-12 at 21:54.
Old 03-05-12, 23:04   #3
Kirsti
Player

Car:
Hey, yeah I spoke to a cop the other day, APPARENTLY your car can get impounded again by the courts for the same charge... but if it's 30 day impoundment then the courts can only impound it for another 15 days coz it's a max of 45 days or something including the 30 it originally gets taken for.. Load of **** if u ask me coz it's basically like getting punished twice for the same offense...
Old 04-05-12, 14:47   #4
deanoVLCT
MODERATERRRRR

Car: Car: Hq gts coupe - Vl Sl turbo bt1 - Vl nitron - Vl v8 1k001 berlina - Fg xr6 ute - LJ coupe - LX slr 5000 rep
Trader Rating: (24)
You just bought a car, didn't transfer it into your name and leant it to a friend who doesnt have a license??
Old 04-05-12, 15:33   #5
Bax

Car: Pushbike
Trader Rating: (41)
^ Genius move really.

I doubt a judge will impound it any longer if you explain you weren't the driver. Change Rego when it gets out. Seems to be pretty straight forward.
Old 04-05-12, 16:31   #6
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
LOL DEANO I WAS THINKING THE SAME

Kirsti, I'd be speaking to a lawyer or even legal aid. have them explain your situation and what your choices are.

keep a record of who you speak to and what they say and jest keep pushing for answers.

I've been in an unclear situation with an impound before and its a bit of a joke. have you spoken to the officer who signed off on the impound??

that or i'd make ya mate pay for the car sign itb into his name and let him dela with it.
Old 05-05-12, 01:29   #7
Kirsti
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoVLCT View Post
You just bought a car, didn't transfer it into your name and leant it to a friend who doesnt have a license??
The " friend " was my bf and I was sick.
Old 05-05-12, 06:24   #8
drlove_99
Player

Car:
Is the car impounded the ss that's up for sale
Old 05-05-12, 09:40   #9
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
well you bf is in a hard place. get advice from a lawyer / legal aid / speak to the police.
Old 05-05-12, 12:30   #10
Kirsti
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlove_99 View Post
Is the car impounded the ss that's up for sale
Na my one tht was impounded is a vt
Old 05-05-12, 13:46   #11
Turismo
Gold Members

Car: VE Berlina Daily
Trader Rating: (2)
Lots of lessons to be learnt here. Isn't he a good friend too...
Live n learn mate.

---------- Post added 05-05-12 at 13:49 ----------

Tell your azz hole bf to deal with it n no nookie till u get ur car back. "To Impounding against woman Australia says NO"
Old 05-05-12, 15:12   #12
Kirsti
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo View Post
Lots of lessons to be learnt here. Isn't he a good friend too...
Live n learn mate.

---------- Post added 05-05-12 at 13:49 ----------

Tell your azz hole bf to deal with it n no nookie till u get ur car back. "To Impounding against woman Australia says NO"
Lol I reckon
Old 17-05-12, 12:02   #13
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]

Car:
Trader Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by siksle8 View Post
hey, ive just recieved the same letter, last week i got done driving to work while disqualified at the bottom of my street in my 4b they impounded my car 30 days. ill pick up (30/4/2012) and go to court 30/7/2012 but yeah i just googled it come up with heaps of info but i still dont understand there fancy words.
Just basically if found guilty judge can decide to take car or not, correct me if im wrong or judge can decide a different penalty.

you obviously don't under stand disqualified to?

what do you have?
Closed Thread