Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 06-02-12, 19:34   #1
OooLala
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Doing The P's Drive Test In Dandenong.

Hey guys!

Just want your thoughts on what you thing of doing the P's drive test at dandenong vicroad? is it strict like alot of people says it is?
Because I'm going for mine next week and alot of them told me that i should go to pakenham because they are more easy going and aren't strict like dandenong.

any info or heads up are welcome cheers guys!
OooLala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 19:44   #2
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
sounds like rumours that you should ignore and focus on passing instead

I used to work for the NSW equivalent and we often got told about "Failing Freddy" a legendary but ficticious examiner at one registry I worked at

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 20:20   #3
OooLala
Player

Car:
Yer true sounds like it to me. went the other day with my instructor that will be going with me to the drive test and did a few lesson with him and he said im a good driver just alot of people become scared and nervous when it comes to the test on the day.
Old 06-02-12, 20:35   #4
ilegalfun
Player

Car: VL le N/A soon turbo
pakenham is easeir, i know that for a fact, the routes are alot easeir aswell. dandenong go very hard on you. but if your a good driver it doesnt make a difference where you go.
ilegalfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 20:49   #5
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
I wouldn't worry about going to a particular venue. You're going to pass if you don't do something major like run a stop sign, red light or hit anyone. Check your mirrors heaps and dont speed and you'll be fine.
They're there to put people on the road not fail everyone. If they think you're a danger then you wont pass so just relax and stick to the rules.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-12, 15:31   #6
PSI-EFI
Official Member

Car: hj coupe 5litre, vp exec 6 (write off), vx s pac
ye like brett said if you dont **** up your sweet.. the only difference is if you do a minor mistake the nice ones let em go by.. i went sunshine when everyone told me not to go, i ****ed up at a stop sign and nearly ran over an asian, which was the womans fault but regardless i shoulda stopped lol.. they let it go so i was lucky

if you want an advantage go somewere away from school zones even thought their esay as.. i went through three schools at 8.30.. simple tho, 40 do 35
PSI-EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-12, 18:31   #7
OooLala
Player

Car:
Cheers Guys thanks for the info very much appreciated hopefully i do well and pass got the test on monday at 12.55pm so it not during school hours, and hopefully its not much traffic during the time.
Old 29-04-12, 23:56   #8
XITEYU
Player

Car: 1986 Vl Sl Sedan
i failed dandy because someguy was going like 40ks over the limit and nearly smashed into us, and the fat lady said at the start of the test if she feels scared in any way even if a drunk driver is driving towards me in my lane i will fail, it was bull**** good way to take $200+ off me but i passed at paky afew days later. rumor is dandy has a 20% succsess rate on auto tests, but manual is as easy as paky? i beleive since when i went to dandy everyone that was waiting for their results failed.
XITEYU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 07:35   #9
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
^lol
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 09:44   #10
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
I was halfway out of an angle park when a car flew around the corner and flew past me. didn't give way or slow down at all. I jammed on brakes and stalled the car. I was so worried thinking I'd failed that at the next set of lights i stopped even though it was green.

afterwards the tester said I was fine with the other driver and stalling wasn't a biggie as long as I stopped it was fine in her books. she would however have failed me for holding uop traffic had there been anyone behind me at the lights.

moral of the story try to stress less and just focus on what you are doing rather than whether you will pass or not. they will let some errors slip as nerves.