CalaisTurbo New Tags END Ignore Digital Niche Code -->
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Old 18-11-11, 11:25   #1
EVLTBO1
Player

Car: 1987 VL exec Turbo
Trader Rating: (0)
is this happening to anyone in cranbourne

hi people i live in cranbourne and the last few night i have had the same white vy commodore going past very slowly and then last night a tow truck at 1am stopped out front when i went out it took off and then this morning i go outside to find my car that i park against the door of my shed door lock is now screwed not sure what time this happened but im pretty sure someone is after my vlt has anyone else in cranbourne having any trouble like this it may have just been someone trying to get home and looking for a quick steal and the tow truck and white car coincidence maybe who knows
EVLTBO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-11, 11:28   #2
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
wouldn't be surprised mate, i live in junction village.. i have a pretty alert dog that barks at the slightest noise outside though. Did have my work car broken into a few years ago, lost about 4k worth of snow gear and cricket gear. PM me what the tow truck looked like if u want.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-11, 12:27   #3
deanoVLCT
MODERATERRRRR

Car: Car: Hq gts coupe - Vl Sl turbo bt1 - Vl nitron - Vl v8 1k001 berlina - Fg xr6 ute - LJ coupe - LX slr 5000 rep
Trader Rating: (24)
Mother ***ersss keep watch dude
deanoVLCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-11, 14:07   #4
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Let the cops know so they can keep a look out if they see a white wagon and a towie cruising around late at night. Although this could backfire if you mention you own a modified car... it might be a tow truck and a white and blue wagon pulling up.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-11, 17:51   #5
EVLTBO1
Player

yeah knowing my luck they would be the ones to turn up but then again that would be better than thieves turning up and taking it....im buying an alarm for the shed tomorrow with a camera so hopefully that should keep it safe as well as a few other things

---------- Post added 18-11-11 at 18:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoVLCT View Post
Mother ***ersss keep watch dude
yea i will be watching closely
Old 18-11-11, 18:39   #6
PROGMH

Car:
Alarms and cameras wont stop someone taking your car
Old 18-11-11, 20:36   #7
EVLTBO1
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH View Post
Alarms and cameras wont stop someone taking your car
no i know that but at least it give me half a chance if it goes off also front doors are bolted from inside and my dog is out back so all that may work but yea i guess if they want it they will get it
Old 18-11-11, 20:54   #8
Cocopopz
Death is hereditary

Car:
Trader Rating: (6)
I would def let the cops know, modded car or not, the cops wont care. There are still stolen crime rackets in Melbourne. VLTs make quick easy cash. Can I park my car at yours?
Cocopopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-11, 21:01   #9
EVLTBO1
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocopopz View Post
I would def let the cops know, modded car or not, the cops wont care. There are still stolen crime rackets in Melbourne. VLTs make quick easy cash. Can I park my car at yours?
ok ill give em a call and let them know and i wouldnt be parking any nice car at my house out the front not if ya want to see it in the morning through the day seems to be ok but i still never leave mine out its in the shed all the time
Old 18-11-11, 21:16   #10
Cocopopz
Death is hereditary

Car:
Thats the point, I dont want to see it again.
Old 18-11-11, 22:15   #11
EVLTBO1
Player

Quote:
Thats the point, I dont want to see it again.
oh ok feel free then park it anywhere in cranbourne and chances are you wont but seriously it couldn't be giving ya that much trouble to want to not see it again i just shut the shed walk away and go back when i dont wanna burn it to the ground

---------- Post added 19-11-11 at 01:55 ----------

update: just rang police, tow truck was back again tonight police are going to check it out
Old 19-11-11, 08:07   #12
Cocopopz
Death is hereditary

Car:
wow, they seen to be persistent. Try get a photo of the truck and post it so others can keep a eye out for it. What color is the truck, any signage? I have a big dog if ya want to borrow it. lol You should get a few mates over and sit in the dark and wait. It was a little sceptical at the start but you cant be to careful but since they have been there twice I dont doubt you for a second. Unfortunately my car is insured for more than its worth so I can only sit here in hope.
Old 19-11-11, 08:23   #13
EVLTBO1
Player

Quote:
wow, they seen to be persistent. Try get a photo of the truck and post it so others can keep a eye out for it. What color is the truck, any signage? I have a big dog if ya want to borrow it. lol You should get a few mates over and sit in the dark and wait. It was a little sceptical at the start but you cant be to careful but since they have been there twice I dont doubt you for a second. Unfortunately my car is insured for more than its worth so I can only sit here in hope.
yea they are mate i rang the police and they came around a had a look because when i seen the truck i went out and followed it round the corner and it parked up the road but when the police came and went and checked it all out there was about 6 other cars come out of the street all with young people in them so im not sure what happened they are ment to be coming here today to take a report of damages to my other car out the front.... and thanks for the offer of ya dog mate lol all good though mine should do the job out the back as for pictures and stuff its a very well known tow truck company as for naming the company it has N W In their name don't wanna say their name on here and get in **** for naming names but it white truck green writing if ya want ill pm it to ya
Old 19-11-11, 13:11   #14
PROGMH

Car:
Interesting. I wonder if its someone that works night shift and brings the truck home?
Would be super stupid to be driving the same truck up the same street each night if you're going to knock a car off.

Hopefully cops will go and visit them at work and enquire to what they were doing seeing as there was an attempted theft.
Old 19-11-11, 20:14   #15
EVLTBO1
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH View Post
Interesting. I wonder if its someone that works night shift and brings the truck home?
Would be super stupid to be driving the same truck up the same street each night if you're going to knock a car off.

Hopefully cops will go and visit them at work and enquire to what they were doing seeing as there was an attempted theft.
i went up there today to see if i could see anywhere that a truck had been parking because i reckon there would be tracks up there somewhere if it was someone who lived here but could not find any at all and i have lived here a while and never seen that truck in my street and then for it to be going past my house real slow almost to the point of stopping along with this white vy commodore just seems a little bit suss ii hope for my sake im wrong i guess ill know soon enough
Old 20-11-11, 14:38   #16
CSL-FLY
Gold Members

Car: Subaru WRX
Trader Rating: (14)
wow ill be taking extra care now
Old 22-11-11, 09:12   #17
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
park the car at a mates house for a week or so. make it dissappear so to speak. i'd be freaking out if i was you. got a mate or grandparent or sister's boyfriends cousins you can leave it at?
Old 23-11-11, 09:42   #18
EVLTBO1
Player

yea its not here as of today its going walkabout for a while its going to my tuners workshop to get a few thing done so its as good as hidden anyway thanks for the reply though
Old 23-11-11, 10:35   #19
[SLY.747]
LMCT 696969

Car: VZ HBD Calais 5.7, XR5 Turbo with the lot lol
Trader Rating: (12)
Them particular tow trucks you mention have owner drivers, and company trucks, but even the company drivers take the trucks home, and i know a few who work for them that know how to bypass the GPS in the truck to do cash jobs on the side so i wouldnt put it past someone using a work truck to knock cars off.

shame there are scumbags like this out there but all we can do is lock the cars away at night as best we can, other than that make sure you have insurance!
[SLY.747] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-11, 18:09   #20
EVLTBO1
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SLY.747] View Post
Them particular tow trucks you mention have owner drivers, and company trucks, but even the company drivers take the trucks home, and i know a few who work for them that know how to bypass the GPS in the truck to do cash jobs on the side so i wouldnt put it past someone using a work truck to knock cars off.

shame there are scumbags like this out there but all we can do is lock the cars away at night as best we can, other than that make sure you have insurance!
thats it mate why they cant get a job and build or buy one for themselves is beyond me its not that hard to put a bit of money away but no they would rather steal everyone's pride and joy, hard work and money
Old 23-11-11, 18:20   #21
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
Keep reporting it mate, my perents and my car are not far out of crimebourn. I have had wheels stolen from the front of the shed, wheels stolen off my trailer, the shed is a solid 80m off the road and its a dead end crt, shed is on the blind side of the house. The fella across the road has full on cameras that can see pretty much the whole street. He chased 2 blokes in a ute for an hour the other week as he saw them going through his block, and then around the back of me perents house, and comming out the front on the shed side. All from his cameras, also further around the crt a car was stolen from a garage, while the owner was watching tv inside the house, he chased them and got the car back.

We now have a monitored alarm on the shed, along with security lighting. With this and the cameras on the guys house across the road, we can at least see and keep track of who enters the crt.

The more you report it, the more the cops will have to patrol the area. They arent all bad, and the ones looking for the clowns stealing stuff arent the same guys booking you for un roadworthy.

P.S, if I catch anyone near my shed, you wont walk again.
i'd eat dog sh1t on a stick if it had fresh garlic on it
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-11, 18:28   #22
EVLTBO1
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Chaser View Post
Keep reporting it mate, my perents and my car are not far out of crimebourn. I have had wheels stolen from the front of the shed, wheels stolen off my trailer, the shed is a solid 80m off the road and its a dead end crt, shed is on the blind side of the house. The fella across the road has full on cameras that can see pretty much the whole street. He chased 2 blokes in a ute for an hour the other week as he saw them going through his block, and then around the back of me perents house, and comming out the front on the shed side. All from his cameras, also further around the crt a car was stolen from a garage, while the owner was watching tv inside the house, he chased them and got the car back.

We now have a monitored alarm on the shed, along with security lighting. With this and the cameras on the guys house across the road, we can at least see and keep track of who enters the crt.

The more you report it, the more the cops will have to patrol the area. They arent all bad, and the ones looking for the clowns stealing stuff arent the same guys booking you for un roadworthy.

P.S, if I catch anyone near my shed, you wont walk again.
yea i have been reporting it all the time. thats ****ed up man all that stuff happen just in your crt its good that the cameras are helping catch these scum i have just had an alarm installed in my shed too along with infrared cameras and also installed a very large dog that now sleeps beside my car and by the time they have finished dealing with all that i shall be there with a very large bat to say hi with
Old 23-11-11, 18:36   #23
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
Yeah its ****, I know who took the first lot of wheels though, I wont forget.
i'd eat dog sh1t on a stick if it had fresh garlic on it
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-11, 18:57   #24
EVLTBO1
Player

Quote:
haha yeah but they do that the best part they are stupid and slip up most of the time its when they dont slip up that sucks
Old 23-11-11, 18:59   #25
PROGMH

Car:
Quote:
What goes around.... will come around.