Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > South Australia
Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 23-09-11, 13:02   #1
Lomurpo
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
New to SA

Hi guy's I just recently moved to SA from NSW and need some help regarding rego. I currently have a rb25det motor in storage in NSW which I planned to put in a vl. My question is can I get a vl rego'd in SA with a rb25det in it and if so what steps do I need to take.

Thanks
Lomurpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-11, 13:32   #2
TUXEDO
Locky

Car: VSII Statesman, VL Berlina turbo
Trader Rating: (18)
Put the engine in, put disk brakes on the back. Run standard air box and exhaust, take it to ID check and bobs your uncle.
TUXEDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-11, 13:38   #3
Lomurpo
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUXEDO View Post
Put the engine in, put disk brakes on the back. Run standard air box and exhaust, take it to ID check and bobs your uncle.
That easy? no need for emission test or engineer? as for diff I have vl turbo diff so that's no problem
Old 23-09-11, 15:00   #4
Murph
3Ltrs Of Mang

Car: VL Berlina Turbo, VL Exec Wagon
Trader Rating: (1)
Vehicle will need a Teir 2 indenity check before you can rego here, which means Regency Park will go over the vehicle to ensure there are no defectable items. My suggestion to you would be to leave is in RB30 form for the time being, and get it passed though a Teir 1 first, which only requires you to have the engine and VIN No. inspected to make sure the things not stolen etc, then drop you 25 in. All you should have to do then is inform Transport of the engine no. change.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-11, 16:51   #5
Lomurpo
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Vehicle will need a Teir 2 indenity check before you can rego here, which means Regency Park will go over the vehicle to ensure there are no defectable items. My suggestion to you would be to leave is in RB30 form for the time being, and get it passed though a Teir 1 first, which only requires you to have the engine and VIN No. inspected to make sure the things not stolen etc, then drop you 25 in. All you should have to do then is inform Transport of the engine no. change.
Ok mate that sounds easy enough thanks for the help

Cheers
Old 23-09-11, 20:55   #6
VL_3L
Official Member

Car: VL berlina RB25DET
Trader Rating: (2)
I have rb25 that was inspected and passed through regency with pod filter, intercooler and minispool. no engineer or emission test needed. they do a brake test so make sure they are up to scratch. as Murph mentioned probably best to stay with original engine to transfer to SA rego first.
VL_3L is offline   Reply With Quote