User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Readers Rides > Other VLs
Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 24-02-16, 20:14   #51
Mad87VL
Official Member

Car: VL SL Commodore 1987 (Calais Mock)
Trader Rating: (0)
So how about an update ayyy?! So i finally got the car back from the panel beaters and repaired all the under window rush and had to cut the piece between the rear window and boot because it was all just rust and re-welded a new cut in So I've been getting a bit more busy finally with the car.

Put it on club reg because I have a daily and barely drive it, sad to see my original plates go though (you can see dust on the car if look closely! made me a bit sad but i cleaned it after)

Got some FR Simmons because well they look dam good on a VL (staggered fitment)

And I got my hands on some turbo parts! I've pretty much got the hot side with a Nistune ECU, just need to get the cold side (Plenum, inter-cooler, piping)

Last I boxed up the boot so it looks nice and neat

I'll take some better quality photos soon and I'll try back track some of my work so I can show you guys the progress. Will try my best to keep you all updated on the hi com turbo conversion. VL FOREVER
Old 28-02-16, 09:17   #52
philby
Gold Members

Car: AVL 6
Trader Rating: (9)
Looks very nice!
philby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-16, 16:49   #53
Mad87VL
Official Member

Car: VL SL Commodore 1987 (Calais Mock)
Trader Rating: (0)
So I've finally started the Tubro conversion! Pretty much planned on taking the head of off and reconditioning but i got my hands on a second one and worked on that one before I pulled the current one off the block plus the new one has a VLT cam, Doing the head-gasket and fluids of couse. Ended the day with the new head on and started to get the injectors in. currently not to sure what i want to do with the cold side, ether get a standard cross over pipe, inter cooler kit or Forward Facing plenum and cooler. Also what size the common Nissan HiFlow T3 Water bolts as the car isnt with me, its ether 16m or 18mm. Ill let the pictures speech for them selves now