Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
Calais Turbo Advertising

Old 25-05-11, 13:14   #1
les
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Springnats News

The Valvoline Springnats are back again bigger than ever and confirmed dates for the famous Shepparton Victoria event are as usual the last weekend of November with this year being the 25th to 27th November 2011.

Now into its 19th year the Valvoline Springnats is Victoria’s LARGEST performance car festival that provides the true motor vehicle enthusiast with the opportunity to display their skills and vehicles against other enthusiasts in a safe, controlled and friendly environment.

The venue for the 2011 Springnats is the Shepparton Showgrounds which will again prove an ideal central location with its unique, ready-made paved areas suited to driving events and brand new indoor facility that was very well received by both participants and spectators alike at our 2010 event.

The Valvoline Springnats will again be all about admiring the best cars in the land including Street Machines, Hot Rods, Kustoms, Restored / Authentic as well as Imports and spending quality time with family and friends, whilst witnessing some of the most powerful cars compete side by side in Hi Octane Action Events such as Go To Whoa, Autokana, Indoor and Outdoor Show N Shine, Dyno Challenge, Autofest Corkscrew and everyone’s favourite the fiercely competitive Burnout Title.

The Valvoline Autofest Series includes, Springnats as well as our other events that have been held in Murray Bridge SA, Corowa NSW, Mount Gambier SA and our all new NSW event to be held each year in March at the Australian Mecca of Motorsport, Mount Panorama Bathurst kicking off from the 17th and 18th March 2012. Autofest events attract 100’s of entrants and many thousand spectators over the weekends providing unique environments to compare and compete.

All our events are alcohol free and thus promote a true family atmosphere where spectators are able to enjoy the enthusiasm and excitement of a motor vehicle event in a friendly environment. This has been evidenced by the fact of strong crowd attendances consisting largely of families of all ages.

The Valvoline Autofest Series of events present themselves as fantastic marketing tools for companies to profile their products and/or services.

Additional information can be obtained by visiting our website at www.autofest.com.au
Or www.gasolinemag.com.au
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact via email at springnats.autofest@bigpond.com or on 0417 511557.

Street Rods, Street Machines, Kustoms, Imports and Restored/Authentic are all welcomed and catered For!
les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 16:40   #2
les
Player

Car:
if any one would like to added to our mailing list to be sent entry information to any or all of our events, send your name and mailing address to springnats.autofest@bigpond.com
Old 22-08-11, 22:12   #3
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
i have my entry form.

$150 entry before november first or maybe it was 100. anyway seems like a good deal. i'll be there if i am living in vic / get the wekend off of work.
Old 30-08-11, 10:39   #4
les
Player

Car:
Valvoline Autofest Series Update: August 2011.
Well everything is again falling into place on the lead up to this seasons Valvoline Autofest Series.
Valvoline Springnats, November 25th to 27th 2011 and again held at Shepparton Victoria kicks off the Series.
This famous event also see the debut of the all new Showcar and Streetcar category's we have developed for the Show N Shine segment of each of the series events.
Now that we finally have indoor facilities at each City we visit this will be a major advantage for those who wish to enter their Cars within the Show N Shine.
The Valvoline Springnats Show Hall is already starting to fill quickly and those wanting to be setup indoors are reminded to get their entry in shortly or risk missing out.

Also new at the Valvoline Springnats in 2011 is the Just Car Insurance Jet Car display and demonstrations, these high horsepower weapons are set to ignite all with their flame show and will also be a highlight of the Saturday night activities.
The Friday Cruise and Display is on again from 11.45am till 2.15pm and those that would like to be a part of this event are requested to contact the office email: springnats.autofest@bigpond.com to have an invitation sent to them. The Friday Cruise and display will be run with the support from Shepparton Showme as well as the Global Traffic Management company that ran this event in 2009 with much success, filling the City Mall to near capacity. Sunday morning will also see the Gasoline Magazine Supercruise through the streets of Shepparton.

Next up we are over to the Mount Gambier Valvoline Autofest, South Australia on the all new date of January 28th and 29th 2012.
Team Extreme will again feature at the Mount with a couple of new Team Members that will surprise many with their weaponry and car skills.
The Just Car Magazine Car Yard will be back at all of the Series events. For those entrants wanting to sell their ride, this is the place to be. Also featuring at all Series events is the rebuilt Silver Bullet Mustang of Perry Meka.
Mount Gambier will also feature the Trident Tyres Burnout Masters as well as the ****ys AutoPro Showcar and Streetcar Masters.

Then we are off to the Mighty Mount Panorama Circuit at Bathurst NSW for the inaugural Bathurst Valvoline Autofest set down for March 17th and 18th 2012. With entry's and interest in this event coming in from far and wide the 350 limit is going to fill quickly.
So if you're thinking of entering you would be well advised to get your entry in sooner rather than later.
The Mount Panorama Pit Complex will be the home for the Showcar Masters and an All New Burnout Pad is being laid just for us to play on so it will be an all out assault to see who will be the inaugural "Kings" and "Queens" of the Mountain.

Street Machines, Street Rods, Classics, Imports, Restored and Authentic Are All Welcomed and Catered For!

For More Information check out www.autofest.com.au
Old 18-10-11, 17:50   #5
les
Player

Car:
Those wanting an invite to a Free cruise and display to be held in conjunction with the Shepparton Springnats on the Friday 25th can contact springnats.autofest@bigpond.com and an official invitation will be sent out to you. If you want to be apart of this fill that out and return ASAP.
Old 18-10-11, 18:07   #6
IEVLVX
Player

Car: top secret
Trader Rating: (1)
me and a few boys might be heading up for a look!!

just need to find some decent accomodation!!
IEVLVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-11, 21:35   #7
les
Player

Car:
How's this for stepping up to the plate, Autotek along with MOMO have just announced that they are increasing their presence at this year's Valvoline Springnats and this will include presenting winners of both the female and male categories of the Autotek sponsored Motokana, each with a set of 19 inch MOMO Wheels listed below. This will surely make this one of the toughest fought out Autotek Motokana's for quite some time.
• 4 x Momo Strike 19’ wheels in Black or Silver to suit either Ford Falcon Range or Holden Commodore Range @ 420.00 each– Total Value: $ 1680 (Retail)
“Elegance and aggression in a single wheel: this is Strike. Momo has created Strike, a perfect blend of all the values that made the Brand a legend.
Its essential, but sharp design, enriched by spokes profile and wheel centre machined finish, makes Strike a real masterpiece in its class. “
• 4 x Momo V-10 19’ wheels in Black or Silver to suit either Ford Falcon Range or Holden Commodore Range @ 420.00 each – Total Value: $ 1680 (Retail)
“An announced success story: V-10 has conquered Momo Corse fans as a real star. Momo tradition with 10 V shaped spokes, has given life to a double personality wheel: aggressive and sharp in glossy black colour, stylish and elegant in silver version.”
Also included within Autotek's continued support is the inclusion of not one but Three MOMO Steering Wheels and these great prizes will be awarded to the Best times from the Friday Night Roman Autotek Night Of Thunder in both the male and female category's and the other going to the top overall award.
• 3 x Momo Tuner Steering Wheels including matching Sports Pedals @ 352.00 each – Total Value: $ 1056.00 (Retail)
We thank Roman Autotek along with MOMO and as always look forward to continued support and please remember, where possible please support those who support you.
Old 27-10-11, 20:54   #8
SIroller
CAL.415

get in b4 november 1st for cheap entry everyone. show and shine is the same price as 2 people's weekend passes and you get the driver and a buddy in aswell as your car. free parking and get to show off the car.

shaun aka xst 045 and myself just filled out our applications which will be hitting the fax tommorrow morning. you can email aswell.
Old 30-10-11, 15:57   #9
les
Player

Car:
2011 Program Of Events

EVENTS:

DAY ONE
Friday 25th November 2011

SHANNON`S INSURANCE SCRUTINEERING
Friday 25th November 12.00pm to 5.30pm (Shepparton Showground’s)
Saturday 26th November 8.30am to 2.30pm (Shepparton Showground’s)

Shepparton Showme Street Cruise and Display 11.45am to 2.30pm
Roman Autotek Night of Thunder 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Just Car Insurance Jet Car Fire Storm Extravaganza 8.30pm to 8.45pm

DAY TWO
Saturday 26th November 2011

Shannons Insurance Show n Shine 9.00am to 5.00pm
Mainline Dyno Challenge 9.00am to 5.00pm
KFC Corkscrew 10.30am to 1.00pm
Jack Daniels Meet & Greet 12.30am to 1.00pm
Official Opening of Springnats 19 1.00pm
Team Extreme Burnout Demo’s 1.10pm to 1.30pm
Just Car Insurance Jet Car Fire Storm Extravaganza 1.30pm to 1.45pm
Drifting Demos 1.45pm to 2.15pm
Jack Daniels Go to Whoa 2.30pm to 4.00pm
Valvoline Burnout Eliminations 4.15pm to 7.15pm
Team Extreme Burnout Demo s 7.15pm to 7.45pm
Jack Daniels Go to Whoa (Under Lights) 8.00pm to 9.30 pm
Just Car Insurance Jet Car Fire Storm Extravaganza 9.30pm to 9.45pm

DAY THREE
Sunday 27th November 2011

Gasoline Magazine Springnats Supercruise 9.00am to 10.00am
Shannons Insurance Show n Shine 10.00am to 5.00pm
Mainline Dyno Challenge 9.00am to 5.00pm
KFC Corkscrew 10.15am to 12.00am
Jack Daniels Go to Whoa Top 50 Shootout 12.00am to 1.00pm
Team Extreme Burnout Demos 1.00pm to 1.30pm
Just Car Insurance Jet Car Fire Storm Extravaganza 1.30pm to 1.45pm
Drift Demonstrations’ 1.45pm to 2.00pm
Autotek Autokana 2.15pm to 3.00pm
Valvoline Burnout Finals 3.00pm to 5.00pm
Team Extreme Burnout Demos 5.00pm to 5.15pm
Drifting Demonstrations 5.30pm to 5.45pm
Springnats Trophy Presentations 5.45pm
Springnats 19 2011 Closed 6.30pm

The Times Set Above Are Set To Change Without NOTICE:
BURNOUT RULES AND REGULATIONS AT THE WEB SITE
www.autofest.com.au

---------- Post added 30-10-11 at 17:01 ----------

Also note that the Springnats/Autofest Office excepts Entries that are sent in on October 31st.
Old 31-10-11, 20:28   #10
SIroller
CAL.415

whats up with the kfc corkscrew? doughnut competition??

also dissapointed theres noone on the track until 2.30pm on saturday... theres so much of saturday that could have been spent on the track!
Old 31-10-11, 22:28   #11
les
Player

Car:
Dont panic Stroller, you will luv the corksrew comp, a little like a Autokana but with a twist. Just give it ago and im sure you will be glad u did.
Old 31-10-11, 22:31   #12
SIroller
CAL.415

ah yeah love the autokhana. as long as there is track time i am excited.

note for everyone. just read that you need a helmet for all events now. fair call. just gota buy one in the next few weeks
Old 10-11-11, 17:43   #13
mulkers
Official Member

Car: VE SS Sportwagon, VL Berlina Turbo, VL 5.0 Berlina, Slocus work hack
What is the "Roman Autotek Night of Thunder 6.30pm to 9.30pm"?
Old 10-11-11, 19:56   #14
SIroller
CAL.415

i think last year it was like the gary meyers car / drifters from shepp tafe etc. can't remember really well though!
Old 10-11-11, 21:43   #15
les
Player

Car:
Autokana action under lights and all entrants are welcomed to cut loose!
Old 14-11-11, 21:52   #16
les
Player

Car:
NEWS JUST IN, Peter Fitzpatrick FC Holden Trilogy has been crowned the 2011 Valvoline Street Machine of The Year and guess where its first showing is going to be since this news????? See it in the Flesh at the Shepparton Valvoline Springnats, November 25th to 27th at the Shepparton Showgrounds.

Also Just got an entry in for SPRINGNATs and get this, 55 Cad Convert, 510 Kieth Black, Injected, Tubbed, air bagged, Late Monaro Interior and the list goes on and on and Springnats is its first Showing. HOW KOOL IS THAT GUNNA BE!
Old 20-11-11, 18:20   #17
les
Player

Car:
Well just 5 more sleeps before Springnats is upon us all again. The Jet Cars are ready, Great varieity of Streeters,kustoms, Rods etc entered including the newly crowned Street Machine of the Year are booked in, perfect weather is ordered, probably the best line up of Blown monsters we have ever seen assembled at Springnats coming also to Tear Up The Biggest track in OZ, the all new Dyno Comp is at the ready so where else would you wanna be but at Shepparton Vic for the 19th running of Springnats. Shepparton Showground 25th to the 27th Nov 2011.
Old 22-11-11, 08:58   #18
SIroller
CAL.415

3 sleeps til scrutineering and the street show & shine / parade!
Old 23-11-11, 12:56   #19
les
Player

Car:
V8 Supercar Drivers Lee Holdsworth and Michael Caruso from from GRM will be onsite at Springnats on the Sunday.
Old 26-11-11, 21:37   #20
simo18
Player

Car: Postie Bike
Trader Rating: (3)
Prob the worst car event i have ever been too, thats my opinion. How and why do they let bog stock commodores in there on display and taking up track time.
It was an absolute waste of time and money...
simo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11, 09:22   #21
SIroller
CAL.415

I'll challenge that.

I went as an entrant with a few other mates. selo in his vlt and my sister's b/f in his r32. both are mildly worked. we caught up with some people in our time there notably an n/a vl sedan that was smashing out the driving events, a pretty wild mightyboy and another vlt.

the first day was rained out (well it w3as on and off sprinkling but it made the track a bit of a bi-atch) the second day was awesome true springnats weather. all sunburn, flip flops eskies and singlets.

there was 1 stock vy i thought was a POS and the drivers were absolute bogans, i also saw the owner of the black monaro didn't blow .00 when lining up for the events which i thought was pretty poor behaviour but nothing compared to the bogan spectator shouting "show us ya tits" at every female in sight. otherwise there were 2 xr6's but everything else on the track was modded. it is definately a v8 dominated event but i was happy to see a turbo minitruck, an x2 hr special and a mini smashing gears.

POLICE WERE GREAT didn't get pulled over at all all weekend, in fact none of our group did and we had 5 cars getting around town. that makes 2 years in a row i have been without being pulled over. i think that pretty much puts in perspective this stigma everyone has about police at springnats.

I got heaps of track time, there were some great cars there and everyone i was with had a tonne of fun, even throughout the drizzle on saturday. I also met some nice people who i was eventing with and came home untouched from the police.

i'll put up some pictures and whatnot soon but def worth coming up to next year. I feel a bit sorry for the organiser's that this event has such a bad name attached to it re police. it is undeserved (now)b that all peaked about 5 years ago and while the spectator numbers seem to be down the new venue is great and the car quality seems to be on the way back up.
Old 28-11-11, 13:37   #22
vlct_87
Player

Car: vl calais
Send a message via MSN to vlct_87
i was out in shep on sat. i have never bin to it at show grounds but there where a lot of people cracking it in the supermarket across the road from smoke and smell coming in the doors. i all for spring nats and think the cops have bin what has bin holding ti back i had mates keen to come up from melb to visit us on week end but would not come up as did not want issues with cops.

that just my 2 cents
hope it all comes good buy time my car is finished
vlct_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11, 19:18   #23
mulkers
Official Member

The quality of cars wasn't too bad, but the numbers were pretty poor, as was spectator attendance.

Combination of weather, location and stigma of police are to blame.

I didn't have a problem with any of those things, but they seem to be the most common calls of complaint.
Old 28-11-11, 21:40   #24
SIroller
CAL.415

what the event needs is people who acually go spreading the word the police presence has died down. the street cruising and drunken yobbos on the street has subsided and the local pressure is off in those areas. the venue is much more spectator friendly in infrastructure & location than ever before and the vehicles entered are of a high standard.

get involved people you will have so much more fun! i didn't pay attention myself but word was that there were a lot of vacancies at hotels over the weekend.
Old 28-11-11, 21:58   #25
mulkers
Official Member

Having done a marketing unit recently, it is an almost impossibility, and an expensive one at that to regain lost customers.

I was on the radio this morning complaining that the way the police use their presence, and have used it in the past is overdoing it. The consequence is irreperable damage to the event and the economy of the town.

It used to bring in around $30 million iirc. I would be surprised if it was a 3rd of that this year.

Again the weather didnt help, but the rest is a brand/image problem, which historically are very hard and expensive to shake.

I know a few mates from shep and the surrounding areas who grew up living and breathing the 'nats, and have cars that would certainly be at home in such an event, but don't want to deal with the hassle.

It really is a shame, as these events need to be supported to survive.

Saturday morning i asked on fb if anyone was over there, and what it was like, and the reply's i got were only about the police presence. Apparently a stock VZ exec was canaried, although that sounds like there is more truth to it than that.

Personally i am not a fan of the tiny track/area. Would much prefer to go to winton for PCM and/or easternats. It is great to have a local event to go over to and check out the cars, increasingly though, they are local cars, as fewer and fewer entrants from out of the area enter out of fear of the consequences and prohibitive costs.

As much as Les has persisted with it in Shep, i think the best thing he could do is move it.