Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > VL Turbo Discussion
GRUNT Performance

Old 02-07-04, 19:27   #1
fusion
BANNED

Car: VLT 11
Trader Rating: (4)
A+ Workshop 4 brissy boys

ok.. just got back from takin my car into Coastal Dyno and Performance... aka Garcia's at bribie, before and i have to say that these fellas in there are THE BEST!!! i got a few things done like diff gasket, oils, minor service, ect.

so first went on the bov which only cos me $25 for Pete to weld adaptor and paint it plus fit the bov and put a hose on (which i didnt have)

the dyno runs cost me $75 which went for a while with a break for him to hook me up some parts..then back on for tuning...

the part i found awesome was the regulator that needed to be replaced... he went an got a brand spanka malpassi fuel regulator and fitted it for $150... no tell me where u can even buy one new for that???

but all in all it is a fully reliable joint an ive now found the place to install the rest of my goodies in a few weeks!

the fuel pump in my cars shat itself so i was leanin out (fuel reg helped a bit)... so the car was dynoed on 10psi reaching a 163.4 rwkws run, which i thought was good for such a stock car on low boost.

recommend this one for the QLD boys... phone number is 34084444
fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-04, 10:37   #2
vlt-dreamer
Player

Car: Black Territory
Trader Rating: (64)
sounds like your on a winner - he could have probably added on a charge for the malpassi but didnt.

good business man, sees a a young vlt driver wanting work done, so he gives chaep affordable prices.

end result, you go back there for another 10 years, plus you tell all your mates.

congrats to the shop - ppl like these guys deserve some rewards.

got any pics of the old "ulookd" up there in sunny brisbane?