Closed Thread

Old 20-07-10, 22:40   #1
VH_lover
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
40km's over the limit

hey
kinda ****ting myself here. i was flashed by a parked undercover on the weekend, i was doing at least 100-110 in a 60 zone.
im just curious about the process im about to have to go through.
can someone fill me in so i can prepare myself for the ass raping im about to recieve.
thanks
Old 21-07-10, 09:48   #2
URHONR
Gold Members

Car: VE SS
Trader Rating: (15)
Well definately the wrong thing to do mate but until you get it don't stress to much because he may of snapped you doing 20over as it's got some sort of timing but besides the point you can either take it on the chin or nominate someone elses name which is really not aloud but I'm sure alot of us on this site do so good luck
Old 21-07-10, 10:02   #3
JET_VLC
JETVLC

Car: (JETVLC),vx ss(MNTLVX)
Trader Rating: (3)
i no for a fact that if your doing 40km+ they can take your car and licence from your, if your 30km+ its just ur licence. but this has happen if they pull you over, not sure if its the same if you get flashed
Old 21-07-10, 10:08   #4
UND_CVR
Player

Car: toyrolla
Trader Rating: (5)
- Do not give stupid and illegal advice like this again.
- Yeti

Last edited by Yeti; 21-07-10 at 10:47.
Old 21-07-10, 12:48   #5
platuim
I left out the N

Car: da vl turbz bro
Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via MSN to platuim
a mate got done by a camera over 40k in 60 zone he lost licence for a year but that was before this hoon legislation came in
Old 21-07-10, 19:52   #6
VH_lover
Player

Car:
i have 3 questions.
do i have to go to court?
or do i just hand in my license at the police station?
my car is registered under my mums name, what happens there?
Old 21-07-10, 20:03   #7
patch
[ZUTUTU]

Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via MSN to patch
if you were in NSW

1. you wouldnt need to go to court, your license would just be suspended for 6 months plus quite a large fine

2. possibly

3. the fine will be addressed to your mum. your mum will then nominate you as the driver
Old 21-07-10, 20:19   #8
IDAREU
Player

Car: A camel. Cheaper to run n reliable!
Trader Rating: (7)
my mate got done doin 38k's over by a parked car. he recieved the fine in the mail ($480) lose of licence 6 months, no court n they didnt take the car. this happend 2 months ago.
Old 21-07-10, 20:26   #9
VH_lover
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by patch View Post
if you were in NSW
3. the fine will be addressed to your mum. your mum will then nominate you as the driver
yes but wouldnt she lose her license? or can i nominate points to her? i thought if it was 40k+ you lose your license no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAREU View Post
my mate got done doin 38k's over by a parked car. he recieved the fine in the mail ($480) lose of licence 6 months, no court n they didnt take the car. this happend 2 months ago.
id be lucky if i was doing under 45k's
Old 21-07-10, 20:33   #10
JET_VLC
JETVLC

Car: (JETVLC),vx ss(MNTLVX)
Trader Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAREU View Post
thats what happened to a mate of mine as well.

ive also been done doing 39km over the limit but i got pulled over, the cop gave me a $420 fine and gave me a month to sort out how i would get to work and back home, then i lost it for 3months.
Old 22-07-10, 08:41   #11
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VH_lover View Post
yes but wouldnt she lose her license? or can i nominate points to her? i thought if it was 40k+ you lose your license no matter what.
LOLWUT?

Your mum will nominate you as the driver, as the default driver for the car will be her. Then you will lose your licence and your points.
Old 22-07-10, 09:35   #12
308sim
Player

Car: 239 rwkw sleeper, mazda 1300 fa3ts
Trader Rating: (1)
i was being an idiot one night and was doing over the limit close to home, pulling into my driveway the police must've seen me speeding on the hwy and pulled alongside me before i could put my car in the driveway..he came straight out asked for my license and keys, cause of my absurd actions i gave him both and was burning..the cop sat in his car for a good 5mins then came out and asked me to get out of my car, he said because of your good driving history and no criminal record to your name im only giving you a warning, gave me a massive lecture on all the things his witnessed as a cop and so forth..but its been a lesson to me not to speed, not worth losing your car!!
Old 22-07-10, 10:25   #13
milad
VLT SOLD, FOREVER HAPPY

Car: 88 SL VLT- SOLD
Trader Rating: (8)
best advice i can give you is

1. find lube from your local sevo

2. bend over & apply lube

3. Just hope u dont get ass ***d 2 hard
Old 22-07-10, 11:12   #14
R33PSI
Player

Car: R33 gts-t, 88 berlina , 95 Vs 355
Here gents >>>.

If my child is caught hooning in my car, can my car be impounded, immobilised or forfeited?
Yes, Victoria Police may impound or immobilise the vehicle used for the hoon driving offence, regardless of who owns that vehicle. However, if the individual is charged with a second or third hoon-related offence, Victoria Police may ask the court to substitute the vehicle for one registered to the offender, for the purposes of the three-month impoundment or permanent forfeiture. Vehicles can only be forfeited on application to the court by Victoria Police following conviction of a third relevant offence being committed within a three year period.

Mobile Speed Cameras
Below is a list of speed measurement devices and traps used in each state. Next to each type of trap we have listed the type of device you would need to defend against each type of trap.

Mobile Speed Camera Table:

State
Camera Band
WA
Multanova / Vitronic
Ka / Laser
NSW
Traffipax K
VIC
Gatso / Vitronic
K / Laser
SA
Traffipax K or Ka
QLD
Gatso K
NT
Redflex LaserCam
904nm Laser
TAS
Redflex LaserCam
904nm Laser
ACT
Redflex LaserCam
904nm Laser

Mobile Cameras In Summary:

Gatso Mobile Speed Camera.
This mobile camera is used primarily in Victoria and Queensland, and can be operated in various manners. Without a flash, the only evidence of speed camera on the outside of the car is black rectangular box, which sends out the radar beam (K band), about 30cm by 10, mounted on the front of the car. On the older models of the camera, and on rainy days or in bad light, a cable is used to link it to a box with a flash placed just in front of the vehicle. The operator sits in the car and takes the pictures, which are then uploaded to a laptop computer. In both states unmarked cars are used, although in Victoria the operation of the cameras is carried by a contractor from Tenix Solutions, in Queensland a uniformed police officer is the operator.

Vitronic PoliScan Mobile Camera.
This laser-based or LIDAR system has two 4 megapixel digital cameras that photograph the driver, vehicle and license plate, before automatically reading the license plate using ANPR technology. Flash illumination for the cameras is provided by either a red or an infrared flash. Up to three lanes of traffic can be monitored simultaneously, while all vehicles travelling abreast or in tight formation can be tracked and caught. The system uses an automated back office software application to process digital evidence gathered by the camera, so there is no manual intervention required from the point of photographing a speeding motorist to the issuing of a fine. These cameras can take pictures from the front and/or rear.

---------- Post added 22-07-10 at 11:16 ----------

What if I feel my vehicle has been unfairly targeted by Victoria Police?

Any person may ask a magistrate to release an impounded, immobilised or forfeited vehicle on the grounds that its impoundment, immobilisation or forfeiture causes exceptional hardship to themselves or any other person.

How do I get my car back after the impoundment or immobilisation period ends?

You will be informed by Victoria Police of the procedure to recover your vehicle. A vehicle may only be recovered after the impoundment or immobilisation period ends and when all designated costs have been paid by the person with an entitlement to the vehicle. This fee may incorporate the cost of moving the vehicle to an impounded zone, and any other costs involved in the impoundment or immobilisation.

A person may only recover a vehicle after they have shown evidence of identity and entitlement to that vehicle, through a driver's licence and car registration certificate. If your impoundment or immobilisation period ends on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday, you will have to wait until 9am on the next business day to recover the vehicle.

INFO:

http://www.dontgetcaught.com.au/speedcameras.html
http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content...ument_ID=16502
Old 22-07-10, 11:16   #15
VH_lover
Player

Car:
its my 1st offence. i have a completely clean record. not that it would matter to the law anyway.
Old 22-07-10, 11:26   #16
R33PSI
Player

Mate i wouldnt stress to the best of my knowledge in victoria and nsw i im sure that if you are processed by a speed camera for speeding reguardless of speed it will not be impounded. Im not talking about a radar gun thats found in every 5-0 taxi. Im sure that you will recieve a summons to go to court to pledge your story and then to apply for your licence after the licence suspension period.

Maybe a $300 / $400 fine and a suspension for 3 months If you dont fight it and cop it on the chin like quoted before and you might not have to go to court you just have to wait out the period. You can appeal the suspension period, If you dont like the hand out from the magistrate. But warning you can loose your licence longer and even get the car impounded if you fight and lose.

Im a open minded person so i dont need to pick on you for speeding. I believe BRING ON THE 140KM Highway.

---------- Post added 22-07-10 at 11:35 ----------

it does it you have a clean record its good . Mate ive been pulled up by a copper for 180 kms in a 40km zone. I was dobbed in, and if anyone wants to have a crack i was a victim of a upset tail gater would i decided to "brake check a few times" and they were chasing me in my r33 enuff said. The cop told me he didnt have a record of this speed therefore he was a bit stuck, but he had three witnesses so i was ****ting myself. I told him i brake checked a bloke because i nearly needed a can opener to get this d1ckhead off my arse. I did not admit to the high speed, but the cop knew i did it . So the highway patrol officer gave me a very very stearn talking too and said hes going to watch me, theres no other jet black r33's around with jet black windows and black rims he told me.

Oh well lesson learned for both of us but sometimes theres certain reasons behide out actions that no one cares about.
Old 22-07-10, 11:41   #17
vltrb-0
The Regulars

Car: ke57, a ke70 with an ls1 and a turbo
Trader Rating: (26)
Can police take my car without my permission?

Any vehicle that has been used to commit a hoon-related offence may be impounded or immobilised by Victoria Police for 48 hours. Police may seize the vehicle on the spot or up to 48 hours after the offence, or serve notice on the driver within 10 days of the offence, or 28 days if detected by a speed camera.

from the cop site, not good news if you were speeding that quick, just wait for the mail
Old 22-07-10, 13:08   #18
R33PSI
Player

from what im aware of mate speeding cameras are indepently owned and operated by private companies. Not vic police. I assume to wait for a fine in the mail and just go from there mate. I reckon the car will be fine . If you got done by a police officer that pulled you over, we wouldnt be havent this convo because then it would of been impounded on the spot for 24/48 first offence

---------- Post added 22-07-10 at 13:09 ----------

the goverment get the revenue for the fines im sure. not the police
Old 22-07-10, 13:12   #19
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
he will lose it for AT LEAST 12 MONTHS if he was doing 45km+
Old 22-07-10, 13:13   #20
R33PSI
Player

heres a example of a car being impounded by a on patrol police car on the spot deal. Note the date too:

Sunday, 18 July 2010 04:18
During Operation Ardent which continued Saturday night police impounded a motorcycle at Narre Warren and a car at Hallam.

Just before midnight police intercepted a motorcyclist doing in excess of 160 kph in 100 zone on the Monash Freeway at Narre Warren, between Princes Highway and Tinks Road.

The 25-year-old rider from Frankston had his motorcycle impounded for 48 hours
and will have to pay impound costs of $490, a traffic infringement notice worth $597, he will lose 8 demerit points and have his licence suspended for 12 months.

Police also impounded a car doing 141 kph in 80 zone on the Princes Highway at Hallam driven by a 20-year-old man.

The man’s car was impounded for 48 hours and he will lose his licence and face hefty fines.

During Saturday night police breath tested 2812 drivers and detected 11 drink drivers, while 46 people were detected speeding and 28 defective vehicles were detected.

Other offences detected included mobile phone use, unlicensed drivers and unregistered cars.
Old 22-07-10, 13:16   #21
NZ EVLHSV
Player

Car: Gen-F GTS
Quote:
its my 1st offence. i have a completely clean record. not that it would matter to the law anyway.
haha well you sure started off with a bang!

I've been done for some stupid thinks in my pass, just try not to stress about it, take what you get and learn from your mistakes
Old 22-07-10, 13:17   #22
R33PSI
Player

i reckon round a $550 fine with atless a loss of 3 - 6 months its hes first offence. Plus he can fight the suspension period if he can prove he really needs the car, is it going to affect hes prospects for work etc etc. Theres a few things to weigh up: First Offence, full licenced driver i assume?

" Any person may ask a magistrate to release an impounded, immobilised or forfeited vehicle on the grounds that its impoundment, immobilisation or forfeiture causes exceptional hardship to themselves or any other person.

---------- Post added 22-07-10 at 13:19 ----------

my mate was asked to hand he's licence in to the police station. Because he racked up too many points . It was better for him because u can take the points and be stuck on 2 for a couple of years. Or hand the licence in and you start with fresh points , but the infringement will be on the system.
Old 22-07-10, 15:46   #23
VH_lover
Player

Car:
if they gave me the option of having 1 point for a year rather than loss of license, i would take it because i need my car for work. I only just got a job as a plumber, its my 1st real job ever! If i cant drive to the sites, i will lose it and thats pretty bad because it took me years to find this job (i have no prior exp).
Would the judge be lenient in this case?
Old 22-07-10, 16:14   #24
NZ EVLHSV
Player

Car: Gen-F GTS
Quote:
if they gave me the option of having 1 point for a year rather than loss of license, i would take it because i need my car for work. I only just got a job as a plumber, its my 1st real job ever! If i cant drive to the sites, i will lose it and thats pretty bad because it took me years to find this job (i have no prior exp).
Would the judge be lenient in this case?
Nice story but you got caught doing something stupid and now you will pay the consequences. Suck it up and put it down as a learning experience
Old 22-07-10, 16:35   #25
patch
[ZUTUTU]

Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via MSN to patch
if you lose it you will just have to cop it on the chin. as i said before, in nsw, which i assume is very very similar to vic you will lose it for 6 months

when i got done, 139 in a 90, they made me hand my license over straight away and would not let me drive my car at all. i asked if there was a "1 point for 1 year thing" in which he told me because of my speed i INSTANTLY lose it for 6 months no matter what. then after that because i had then accumulated too many demerit points i could either lose it for another 3 months (9 in total) or go on probation for 1 year with 2 points once my 6 month period was served.

your best bet is to look on the vic roads site and check what the speeding offences and penalties are
Closed Thread