Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
G-Cylinder

Old 06-10-10, 10:25   #176
Turbro
SMRFY

Car: LPG Calais Turbo, TT/BBC Camaro
Trader Rating: (19)
what a bunch ****en idiots.

i hope all involved in these burnouts get busted.
Old 06-10-10, 10:46   #177
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab View Post
i cant believe the behaviour of all the idiots on the video, hope they get the full law thrown at them. it just goes to prove that we really need a venue with more events more often, so people can have their fun in a safer track enviroment, because these kids dont get to take their cars out very often to a event where there is people around, as soon as the see a crowd they cant control themselves but to show that they can do a skid!!! lol., so in my opninon it is the drivers fault for being a d ickhead on a public road and a public event and f ucking it up for the whole car scene but also its the goverments fault for not catering for car events with a purposely built venue so we can keep this sort of behavouir of the streets!!!

apart from that it was a succesful c4c. lots of nice cars!!! well done to all the organisers for their hard work in bringing it altogether!!

I agree with needed a better venue for the cars, but look at it from the governments veiw point, they want to stamp out this behaviour alltogether, why would they put a new venue in that will breed more interest in cars and this typical behaviour on the public roads? If we could stop people from being idiots, we would have a much better chance of getting a better venue. It just isnt going to happen
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 13:08   #178
CHRGD6
I'm kind of a big deal

Car: RB25 VL, 2012 Colorado
Trader Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Chaser View Post
I agree with needed a better venue for the cars, but look at it from the governments veiw point, they want to stamp out this behaviour alltogether, why would they put a new venue in that will breed more interest in cars and this typical behaviour on the public roads? If we could stop people from being idiots, we would have a much better chance of getting a better venue. It just isnt going to happen
+1. Here was an event handed to them on a silver platter and they stopped short of spitting in our faces. Even if we did put on an event where people could do this is a controlled, legal environment not one of the cars on film doing skids outside the cruise would rock up and participate. I'd bet my car and my job on it.

I know big words
CHRGD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 15:55   #179
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRGD6 View Post
+1. Here was an event handed to them on a silver platter and they stopped short of spitting in our faces. Even if we did put on an event where people could do this is a controlled, legal environment not one of the cars on film doing skids outside the cruise would rock up and participate. I'd bet my car and my job on it.
well put and I agree with you

I know of a guy who keeps getting done for well over 200 km/h on public roads often after attending Eastern Creek and other events. He's a nice guy but doesn't seem to learn and has even done time in gaol as a result

The fact is that some people just don't deserve licences and a few even blame others, incl govts, for their own shortcomings/issues

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 16:11   #180
GMHO95
Player

Car: vs calais xr6 turbo
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRGD6 View Post
We've been working solely on clamping down on every car in every video and every photo we've seen. The matter is beyond Local Area Command, it is going to a national task force. If anyone did a skid leaving their days are marked. We cannot and will not have the event tarnished by this kind of behaviour!
ey liam its a bit off topic but least its a liter note do you no how many cars attend?
GMHO95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 16:36   #181
CHRGD6
I'm kind of a big deal

Car: RB25 VL, 2012 Colorado
Trader Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMHO95 View Post
ey liam its a bit off topic but least its a liter note do you no how many cars attend?
A metric ****-tonne. That's somewhere in between 'heaps', but a long way short of 'infinity'.

Seriously though, we'll never be able to accurately measure exactly how many cars attended on a cruise of this scale. It was a record breaker though, and rivalled if not exceeded Sydney in numbers

I know big words
CHRGD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 21:43   #182
GMHO95
Player

Car: vs calais xr6 turbo
Trader Rating: (0)
thats good az hope some big money was raizd to
GMHO95 is offline   Reply With Quote