CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > VL Turbo Discussion
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Old 03-06-13, 20:01   #76
BigM22
Booooooooosssssttt!

Car: 87 Exec, BF Falcon (Daily)
Trader Rating: (0)
Lol EXTAXI,
But it's hard to explain, they're just considered iconic because of what they were, and as with a lot of VLs, you either love them or hate them
Old 03-06-13, 20:13   #77
SLDSHO
Player

Car: Vl soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWO945 View Post
hey dude im the proud owner of the bt1 the guy 1 brought it of is 68years old and yes i am macedonian.
plates?
Old 03-06-13, 20:20   #78
<NICK>
Player

Car: 1986 VL SL Turbo
who cares what he got offered , what he can sell it for etc etc ....

great example but its not the first untouched bt-1 nor the last that will pop up
Old 03-06-13, 20:28   #79
DWO945
Player

Car:
number plates start with d
DWO945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 22:48   #80
Steff
Major League Rottweiler

Car: FPV SUPERCHARGED GS
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_mkd View Post
lucky hes Macedonian
Wtf has that got to do with it?

---------- Post added 03-06-13 at 22:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by <NICK> View Post
great example but its not the first untouched bt-1 nor the last that will pop up
I know of many owners with very original yellow intercepters. Two still have the shadow/outline of the stickers on the roof from the police.

All genuine VL fenatics who would pity the thought of selling.

** Just for "Alex_mkd" : Macedonian owners too if that makes any relevance.
Old 03-06-13, 23:05   #81
alex_mkd
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff View Post
Wtf has that got to do with it?
Just as much as him being a Carlton supporter has to do with it.
Did you read the post or you just looked at the Macedonian part?
---------- Post added 03-06-13 at 22:55 ----------

I know of many owners with very original yellow intercepters. Two still have the shadow/outline of the stickers on the roof from the police.

All genuine VL fenatics who would pity the thought of selling.

** Just for "Alex_mkd" : Macedonian owners too if that makes any relevance.
Yeah it does have some relevance, ill let you figure it out
alex_mkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 23:08   #82
Steff
Major League Rottweiler

Your a drevo
Old 03-06-13, 23:33   #83
bt1988u
Player

Car: bf turbo 400rwkw and just a 1d008d 88 bt1
every time this bloke gets offers from the other guy he rings me up and says age he offered me an x amount and my response tell him to go stick flash prick lol...i test drove this car when he bought it my lord drives better than me ve ss

cant wait to finish my resto on my ID008 D
bt1988u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 05:28   #84
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief355 View Post
Back in late 80's when these sold at government auction after being raped by the coppers they were sold a lot cheaper then say the bloke down the road who originally purchased it from holden. The prices they sold for reflected the fact that they were mostly neglected and trashed. The point I am trying to make is I don't understand why people will pay so much for a BT1 , why not find a ex taxi VL? I am sure you wont pay much for one and I know most people wouldn't advertise there number plates as EXTAXI. If someone is willing to pay big bucks for a BT1 good luck.
And yellow well at least my daughter likes that colour.
Rubbish, decent ones sold for top dollars at auction

HWP cars usually had, and still have, only one or two drivers and many were fanatics about how their cars looked and drove.

They'd wash and clean them every few days

Get out of the thread if you don't like them, it's simple
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 05:51   #85
Turismo
Gold Members

Car: VE Berlina Daily
Trader Rating: (2)
Its funny how the subject of the BT-1's is so trivial... Well, it is hard to say Australia has recently fallen on some hard times when some have the excess to spend on such nice toys. guess it plays on peoples logic.

I like the car, but your brave posting it on CT.
Turismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 07:30   #86
chief355
Player

Car: S2 Calais Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus880 View Post
Rubbish, decent ones sold for top dollars at auction

HWP cars usually had, and still have, only one or two drivers and many were fanatics about how their cars looked and drove.

They'd wash and clean them every few days

Get out of the thread if you don't like them, it's simple
FYI I did purchase a VL BT1 straight after its service back in 1988 for the fact it was cheap. We all did.They always sold cheaper by about $5k then general public which was a lot. They came with various mounting holes by police fit outs. I am sure this is what attracted top dollar. It was a time when most could not afford to buy new cars or as I said previously from joe blo down the road who bought his car directly from holden.
They had one or two drivers back then WTF..... I am sure they also put them smelly deodorisers things on there rear vision mirrors. Its not that I don't like them, i will not put them in a category of highly sort after in my books or pay so much for one. We can all express our opinions freely and mine is they are like buying a ex taxi but the BT1 provided a free service back to the police station.

Last edited by chief355; 04-06-13 at 07:40.
chief355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 07:45   #87
zvonko
Player

Car:
chief355 you have no idea what you are talking about.

The plain fact is some and not all of these BT1's have been as thrashed as you put it.

I know of one such example where an officer who utilised his BT1 in the line of service actually bought the same car once it was retired from the force at auction. He knows every aspect of that cars life and for you to come in here guns blazzing claiming they are all thrashed and are all ex taxis then i will leave you to be.

Can you honestly say that every Calais Turbo/ LE Turbo's have been caressed and every BT1 has been thrashed at every aspect? Answer the question honestly.

You are entitled to make an opinion which is fine but don't go tarring everyone with the same tainted brush when it isn't the case.

There is a divided line when it comes to BT1's. Some hate them but a majority love them, it's only human nature that someone doesn't find something as appeasing as the next guy and it's only human nature that someone slags off an awesome example because they are not a fan. Regardless whether you like them or not, this BT1 is an awesome example and the owner/ owners in the cars duration should be extremely pleased with this car being in such pristine condition.

To the owner of the car, don't read the negative comments in this thread, i bet my left testicle and a million dollars that if they had the chance to buy this car at a "fair" price it would already be sitting in their garages and they'd be gloating at how they have one of the best examples around. Well done on such a good buy and i hope i get to see the car in the flesh some time to appreciate it.

Last edited by zvonko; 04-06-13 at 07:48.
zvonko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 08:22   #88
Steff
Major League Rottweiler

^ One of the best things posted on calaisturbo for a long time. Well said zvoneh!
Old 04-06-13, 08:41   #89
chief355
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvonko View Post
chief355 you have no idea what you are talking about.

The plain fact is some and not all of these BT1's have been as thrashed as you put it.

I know of one such example where an officer who utilised his BT1 in the line of service actually bought the same car once it was retired from the force at auction. He knows every aspect of that cars life and for you to come in here guns blazzing claiming they are all thrashed and are all ex taxis then i will leave you to be.

He probably took it home and garaged it after work, lol

Can you honestly say that every Calais Turbo/ LE Turbo's have been caressed and every BT1 has been thrashed at every aspect? Answer the question honestly.

Not all of them, but i can honestly say if i purchased a car i would look after it more then a work car. I am sure you would choose the drive way instead of going off gutter.
Good luck if you buy one for a "fair price" and the opposite to the guy who pays big bucks for one.
You are entitled to make an opinion which is fine but don't go tarring everyone with the same tainted brush when it isn't the case.

There is a divided line when it comes to BT1's. Some hate them but a majority love them, it's only human nature that someone doesn't find something as appeasing as the next guy and it's only human nature that someone slags off an awesome example because they are not a fan. Regardless whether you like them or not, this BT1 is an awesome example and the owner/ owners in the cars duration should be extremely pleased with this car being in such pristine condition.

To the owner of the car, don't read the negative comments in this thread, i bet my left testicle and a million dollars that if they had the chance to buy this car at a "fair" price it would already be sitting in their garages and they'd be gloating at how they have one of the best examples around. Well done on such a good buy and i hope i get to see the car in the flesh some time to appreciate it.
I can honestly say if i purchased a car i would look after it more then a work car and sure most will agree. Surely you would choose the drive way instead of going off gutter.
Good luck if you buy one for a "fair price" and the opposite to the guy who pays big bucks for one. The prices quoted don't reflect the true fact that still todays & past majority of BT1 have been neglected.
Old 04-06-13, 09:39   #90
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Having had HWP mates who drove the turbo BT1's from new I can honestly say that most were well looked after. They had sergeants to answer to if the cars were mistreated and damaged.

Like I said earlier each car had only one or two drivers and they loved their cars and ensured they were well maintained. HWP cops, expecially back then, were renowned for being fastidious and took pride in how their cars were presented. Yes some even bought their work cars from the auctions they had that much faith in them.

Chief355 you can question things all you like but just like Brock Commodores, good original turbo BT1's (not n/a ones) are becoming more and more sought after. Different heritage yes but still a heritage and limited numbers of untouched ones left.
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 09:46   #91
chief355
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus880 View Post
Having had HWP mates who drove the turbo BT1's from new I can honestly say that most were well looked after. They had sergeants to answer to if the cars were mistreated and damaged.

Like I said earlier each car had only one or two drivers and they loved their cars and ensured they were well maintained. HWP cops, expecially back then, were renowned for being fastidious and took pride in how their cars were presented. Yes some even bought their work cars from the auctions they had that much faith in them.

Chief355 you can question things all you like but just like Brock Commodores, good original turbo BT1's (not n/a ones) are becoming more and more sought after. Different heritage yes but still a heritage and limited numbers of untouched ones left.
I should of kept my BT1 and moved to Victoria and sold it for a fortune. We all have seen police officers who don't give a rats #$% about the cars they drove. Are you seriously saying that most police officers look after there cars as if there own? Its a Australian tradition to trash and abuse work cars and pretty sure this didn't start recently.
Yes they are and always be heritage but to pay say 20k plus for a original one, no thanks.

Last edited by chief355; 04-06-13 at 09:54.
Old 04-06-13, 10:02   #92
<NICK>
Player

Who gives 2 f*cks about this thing , he owns it good .... Like I said before plenty more around , it's like ww3 has started
Old 04-06-13, 11:28   #93
jetsonrac
Player

Car: 1D008D BT1 LW5-MX7.2014 R ROVER SPORT
To zvonko and Aus880. Good call fellas I'm with u all the way on this one. To all the haters out there. U are entitled to ur own opinion. If we wanted to start sh1t about this. Y don't we get the xy gt's and hk monaros etc. involved in this as well since ur on a roll. I'm sure half of those cars were thrashed in some time or another. But people still pay big bucks for them. As for the bt1 we are talking about here on this thread. Beautiful car mate well done
jetsonrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 13:12   #94
deanoVLCT
MODERATERRRRR

Car: Car: Hq gts coupe - Vl Sl turbo bt1 - Vl nitron - Vl v8 1k001 berlina - Fg xr6 ute - LJ coupe - LX slr 5000 rep
Trader Rating: (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by <NICK> View Post
Who gives 2 f*cks about this thing , he owns it good .... Like I said before plenty more around , it's like ww3 has started
Couldnt agree more nick! F*** me drunk
deanoVLCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 13:46   #95
Steff
Major League Rottweiler

This thread has G'd me up for another yellow intercepter.
Old 04-06-13, 14:18   #96
<NICK>
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoVLCT View Post
Couldnt agree more nick! F*** me drunk
It's absolutely rediculous , makes me glad at times I don't own one anymore , because of the arguements and so forth that comes with owning one

Yeah sure there becoming more rare but there's still plenty out there in garages , I know of a hand full of the top of my head that are still running original setups

Not to mention alot of people claiming there og when there not and have signs of being fingered in the past .

Just let the guy be that owns this car , it's stock and he got offered $$$$$$ ammount for it who gives two ****s
Old 04-06-13, 19:10   #97
zvonko
Player

Car:
Quote:
I can honestly say if i purchased a car i would look after it more then a work car and sure most will agree. Surely you would choose the drive way instead of going off gutter.
Good luck if you buy one for a "fair price" and the opposite to the guy who pays big bucks for one. The prices quoted don't reflect the true fact that still todays & past majority of BT1 have been neglected.
Do you really think that someone who drove a car during his/ her work tenure and thrashed the living daylights out of it will really buy the car back for personal use? Do you have any idea how stupid your comments are now?

I would assume common sense would prevail right?

Maybe you wouldn't pay the going price for a BT1 in that condition but there are plenty out there that will. Whether you like it or not, these cars are commanding top dollar and i believe will only increase as time goes on.

---------- Post added 04-06-13 at 19:11 ----------

Quote:
I will post you a handkerchief to wipe your tears away. I am not having a go at this car in particular but the price people ask for them due to the fact its a ex police car... big deal. You will not change my opinion of ex police cars so get over it.
Game, set and match.

As above, you can't change the positive opinions of others who love these cars.

Now leave this thread so the enthusiasts can discuss the car without prejudice, why must there always be someone who has to belittle and undermine people and topics on here?

---------- Post added 04-06-13 at 19:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsonrac View Post
To zvonko and Aus880. Good call fellas I'm with u all the way on this one. To all the haters out there. U are entitled to ur own opinion. If we wanted to start sh1t about this. Y don't we get the xy gt's and hk monaros etc. involved in this as well since ur on a roll. I'm sure half of those cars were thrashed in some time or another. But people still pay big bucks for them. As for the bt1 we are talking about here on this thread. Beautiful car mate well done
Unfortunately some people can't concede when something is good even when they don't particularly like the item.

Last edited by zvonko; 04-06-13 at 19:13.
zvonko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 19:22   #98
MUS
Chunky but funky

Car: VLCT
Trader Rating: (6)
Quote:
I should of kept my BT1 and moved to Victoria and sold it for a fortune. We all have seen police officers who don't give a rats #$% about the cars they drove. Are you seriously saying that most police officers look after there cars as if there own? Its a Australian tradition to trash and abuse work cars and pretty sure this didn't start recently.
Yes they are and always be heritage but to pay say 20k plus for a original one, no thanks.
Buddy, cop cars are not as abused as you think. These police cars go through a road worthy check before every shift! If they were thrashed, they wouldn't be on the road.
MUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 19:23   #99
chief355
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvonko View Post
Do you really think that someone who drove a car during his/ her work tenure and thrashed the living daylights out of it will really buy the car back for personal use? Do you have any idea how stupid your comments are now?

WTF, he must be the guy who washed it twice a week. LOL

I would assume common sense would prevail right?

Maybe you wouldn't pay the going price for a BT1 in that condition but there are plenty out there that will. Whether you like it or not, these cars are commanding top dollar and i believe will only increase as time goes on.

---------- Post added 04-06-13 at 19:11 ----------

Game, set and match.

Now leave this thread so the enthusiasts can discuss the car without prejudice.

Thanks.

And for your prize - a box of Klennex tissues. ^^^^This will always be a VIC based opinion.
Old 04-06-13, 19:32   #100
MUS
Chunky but funky

Car: VLCT
Trader Rating: (6)
BT1's are pretty dear Australia wide, not just VIC
MUS is offline   Reply With Quote