CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Old 08-09-10, 15:31   #76
LWBRKA
Player

Car: VR-BT1
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHTGMH View Post
cheers mate might go check it out if its still there..is it scary as f**k or narhh..i want something scary.lolz..thanx again
LWBRKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 15:45   #77
lunnie
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
matt one of my mates was saying that he thinks theres 2 different places in the dandenongs just wondering if u know anything about another abondoned place up that way
lunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 15:55   #78
Matt.
Player

Car: 1988 VL Vacationer 5 spd Sedan, 1984 Toyota Corona (JDM Styled Stance Build).
I'm not too sure, I've heard stuff about some large abandoned property up there that apparently is used by satan worshippers or something hah, but I have no idea whereabouts or if its even true.
Old 08-09-10, 16:17   #79
G
370RWKW

Car: XR6T
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to G
whats this larundel place your all talking about?
how do you get cars lookin so good?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 16:26   #80
Matt.
Player

Car: 1988 VL Vacationer 5 spd Sedan, 1984 Toyota Corona (JDM Styled Stance Build).
The former Larundel mental asylum in Bundoora, pics and history info on my site - Melbourne Urbex; http://pointsetshootphotos.wordpress.com
Old 08-09-10, 16:28   #81
G
370RWKW

Car: XR6T
Send a message via MSN to G
is it still there or demolished?

---------- Post added 08-09-10 at 16:31 ----------

the old slaughter house in box hill is pretty good

a bloke I know went there a while ago and when he was inside he picked up a brick and threw it ( couldnt see where it went )

10 secs later the brick came flying back at him

he hit a bum that was sleeping and the bum threw it back at him ahahahah
how do you get cars lookin so good?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 16:33   #82
Matt.
Player

Nah its still there.. Not for long tho' bulldozers are set up on site.

Do you mean the Box Hill Brick factory? On my website,
Click [Locations] at the top then click 'Box Hill Brickworks'

That place?

Last edited by Matt.; 08-09-10 at 16:36.
Matt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 16:35   #83
BT1Gino
Player

Car: shh sleeping
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
is it still there or demolished?

---------- Post added 08-09-10 at 16:31 ----------

the old slaughter house in box hill is pretty good

a bloke I know went there a while ago and when he was inside he picked up a brick and threw it ( couldnt see where it went )

10 secs later the brick came flying back at him

he hit a bum that was sleeping and the bum threw it back at him ahahahah
when i went there heard loud bangs comming from inside and was pitch black didnt even bother going in haha
BT1Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 16:43   #84
mz_vl
lasciate mi cantare

Car: JET86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt. View Post
I'm not too sure, I've heard stuff about some large abandoned property up there that apparently is used by satan worshippers or something hah, but I have no idea whereabouts or if its even true.
remember seeing an add for a large property for sale somewhere near/on mt dandy, think it was a old hotel
just by the add in the paper i was creeped out by it- bad vibes

would be worth a looksie if its still there- it was empty in the add
Old 08-09-10, 17:14   #85
MR.SUS
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (9)
Been to the old brick factory a while ago, that was good to explore. didnt get a vibe thou like i did when at la rundal.

Been to La Rundal a few times, i dont really believe in ghost and that **** but asoon as i jumped the fence i actually felt colder and felt like i was being watched, went inside and had a look round then heard the fence on the other side rattleing ( wasent a windy night, very still actually) asoon as we got back on the other side of the fence it stopped and i felt alot warmer.

sounds like a crock of **** but thats my experience of the joint and im a skeptic

A while ago wen we went exploring we also went down to this underground storm drain tunnel, the entrance was in the middle of a park or a cemetery, had to climb inbetween a steel grate.

went pretty far down , was pitch black dark and was totally underground.

as we were walking there was heaps of writting on the walls and make shift candle holders on the walls which seemed a bit strange the tunnel went for about 2 ks and then came back around but we were scared we were gonna get lost. ill try rember the location
MR.SUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 17:24   #86
Matt.
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz_vl View Post
remember seeing an add for a large property for sale somewhere near/on mt dandy, think it was a old hotel

If you can remember which paper or building name, I'll try search through old articles,
I sometimes do work for the National Trust as well, so I can get access to old papers and stuff, for eg. original blueprints and that.

MR.SUS; Yeah I was a little creeped at Larundel, in all my explores I've never felt anything but Larundel was colder inside than it was out and it just had a general eerie feeling, for first timers I always recommend Box Hill Brickworks, lost count of how many times I've been there but its always a good explore and always find something new.

Drains I havnt got around to doing yet but I do have plans to head out to 'ANZAC' and 'Maze' will hopefully go on one of the Cave Clan's new member tours soon.
Old 08-09-10, 17:32   #87
MR.SUS
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (9)
Matt. pm me if your ever down for any night tours lol
MR.SUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 17:40   #88
Matt.
Player

No worries will do lol

---------- Post added 08-09-10 at 18:27 ----------

http://www.access.prov.vic.gov.au/pu...OVguide059.jsp

Just something I came across that people might be interested in,
a list of most of the former asylums dotted around Vic.
Just note that some are demolished and some are converted.
A couple are still derelict tho', want to know about one of them? Just ask me.

And I noticed further back in this topic someone mentioned the music box at Larundel?
Just to clear that up with an explaination, its actually an old built-in
grandfather clock upstairs (I'm quite sure the wall it was built into is now a rubble pile on the floor, but the clocks still under there) Anyway it isn't allowed to be removed due to a heritage overlay put in place by Heritage Victoria even though the state of the buildings are deteriorating and the clock could be preserved (Heritage Victoria is government run and basically like everything government run, they have stupid policies)
it just plays a tune every 12 hours, its just at day you can't hear it as well, for obvious reasons, which is why people only hear it at night.
Old 08-09-10, 19:19   #89
WHTGMH
20x11 7" Dish YES!!

Trader Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBRKA View Post
cheers mate might go check it out if its still there..is it scary as f**k or narhh..i want something scary.lolz..thanx again
you can see the joint on google maps, on the left u will see a massive gate with a cross on it, takes like 1k to walk to the joint lol, everything is locked but u cant see nuthin in there and if you drive to the bottom of the road hook a right and you will see a house coverved by trees, everything is mostli smashed in there and again you can see this on google maps haha
WHTGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-11, 23:12   #90
siksle8
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz_vl View Post

hey know this thread is old but come across it, i live up here in the dandys and remember the add, my sister and brother used to go up to this joint when they were 18 early 20s, my sis has a few photos of this place and some of the pics you can notice a white shadow or like a face in the pics, my bro says he went up there couple times but the last time he went up there with few mates they all ended up running out the joint saw shadows running across the yard and there was a person like figure on top of the house and they all felt like someone was pushing them to leave. the rd is range or crt its a no thru rd just opposite the olinda shops ive been there but people live there now has cameras and stone fence with gates 2 to 300 metres up rd on the left

Last edited by siksle8; 02-05-11 at 19:21.
siksle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-11, 10:10   #91
mz_vl
lasciate mi cantare

Car: JET86
Quote:
Originally Posted by siksle8 View Post
hey know this thread is old but come across it, i live up here in the dandys and remember the add, my sister and brother used to go up to this joint when they were 18 early 20s, my sis has a few photos of this place and some of the pics you can notice a white shadow or like a face in the pics, my bro says he went up there couple times but the last time he went up there with few mates they all ended up running out the joint saw shadows running across the yard and there was a person like figure on top of the house and they all felt like someone was pushing them to leave. the rd is olinda place or crt its a no thru rd just opposite the olinda shops ive been there but people live there now has cameras and stone fence with gates 2 to 300 metres up rd on the left
post the pix.. or email them.. i find this stuf very interesting !!

oh and btw went to larundal one night was in the vl (not the most inconspicuous car) and got harrassed by security.. threatened with a $1000 fine if we went in there and were FORCED to delete photos we took.. pretty sure its public roads we were doin anything wrong??
Old 21-04-11, 20:51   #92
Matt.
Player

If the place in Olinda you're talking about is the bluestone 'castle', it's privately owned.
End of the year it will be opened up as a B&B as the owners are sick of ghost hunters
and urban explorers. So they decided to allow all to stay.

I've been to Larundel and Mont Park in my VL, a couple of temporary fence guys
were a bit suspicious at first, but I showed them some of my photos on my camera and
just explained why I was there. And one guy goes 'so do you go on 28DaysLater' much?' I replied 'yeah, all the time'.
Then explained about Melbourne Urbex, and turned out he was a CaveClan member and a follower of my site lol,
told me that he'd look forward to my report, and that I should just be careful.
Old 23-04-11, 22:52   #93
siksle8
Player

Car:
yeah must be that place matt they said it looked like a castle and was all made out of stone had like 3 or 4 levels in the house il get some photos on sunday when i go visit her, i also went to that larundal place you guys are talking about last week with mates i found it boring was funny but scaring each other 2 of me mates got taken out by security said the cops were on the way, as we were leaving there were 2 cars with spot lights on the place as were jumpn the fence another group of people come out of the joint, i thort it was funny like a school excursion with the amount of people that were there but was good way to break up the night instead of always doing skids and f**kn our cars enjoyed it

---------- Post added 23-04-11 at 23:04 ----------

theres also a abandoned house up near the first lookout before skyhigh if you follow that road down its windy and keeps going down to a dirt road then off that dirt road theres a gate for fire trucks and emegency cars, if you got a 4x4 go straight thru and maybe 1km in the bush theres a old wooden house with tag righting and its basically just stuffed holes and crap everywhere its scary at night being there because your in the middle of the sticks, and next to the house theres a big hole that goes underground looks like an old mining or bomb shelter we went in there was bit freaky goes deeper and colder has the old skool candle holders on the walls but that was good fun to

Last edited by siksle8; 18-01-13 at 19:54.
Old 23-04-11, 23:11   #94
OZY
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
Ive been in the La Rundel building late at night with a few people went up flights of stairs to the top. had stairs missing and everything, walls missing, matress's leaned up against walls, freaky drawings all over the walls of people killing themselves!... seen a whole heap of **** but no noises at all and no ghosts or any of that stuff.....
OZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-11, 11:03   #95
Matt.
Player

Yeah I don't do it to go 'ghost hunting', I do urban exploration (urbex, ue) (Might as well link my site once again - MelbourneUrbex.).

Larundel is quite boring after a while, it's way too trashed for any decent architectural photos,
because there isn't really any architecture left lol. There's other places around that are in much better condition.

siksle8; I'm pretty sure (if I'm correct) the tunnel you're talking about was an old
WWII tunnel, it has writing engraved inside somewhere with names and dates dating from
around 1915 to early 1940's.

Would this be the tunnel you're talking about? http://www.ozatwar.com/bunkers/dandenongstunnels.htm
Old 27-04-11, 23:28   #96
siksle8
Player

Car:
matt: yeah, what the hell never new that would be on the internet thats cool learn something new everyday its funny how much stuff there is out there http://img806.imageshack.us/i/holen.jpg/
Old 28-04-11, 12:49   #97
Mz[SLKVR]
Player

Car: E series Hsv clubsport r8
Send a message via MSN to Mz[SLKVR]
interesting stuff. im the biggest sook so taking me to these places in the middle of the night would scare me to death.

on another note apparently there is a place called magnetic hill/ road u drive half way up it with low beams on, and u can see skid marks from a accident that apprently happend years ago their not visible during the day. however u put ur car in first and im told it pulls ur car forward?? anyone else heard of this place i have heard it from 2 different people....

also arthurs creek cemetary is a bit weird at night ..

Last edited by Mz[SLKVR]; 28-04-11 at 12:58.
Mz[SLKVR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-11, 13:56   #98
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
Matt. im keen on this urbex stuff. give me a yell when you're heading out.

---------- Post added 28-04-11 at 13:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz[SLKVR] View Post
interesting stuff. im the biggest sook so taking me to these places in the middle of the night would scare me to death.

on another note apparently there is a place called magnetic hill/ road u drive half way up it with low beams on, and u can see skid marks from a accident that apprently happend years ago their not visible during the day. however u put ur car in first and im told it pulls ur car forward?? anyone else heard of this place i have heard it from 2 different people....

also arthurs creek cemetary is a bit weird at night ..
You dont get pulled forward, it's an optical illusion caused by the way the trees grow trying to get to the light.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-11, 14:01   #99
Mz[SLKVR]
Player

Car: E series Hsv clubsport r8
Send a message via MSN to Mz[SLKVR]
well there u go. like i said i have only heard of it
Mz[SLKVR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-11, 17:34   #100
Matt.
Player

siksle8; Lol yeah, I'd be interested to have a look at it myself.

Mz[SLKVR]; I don't go in the middle of the night hah, I go all times really.
Usually during the day, it's just easier (Get to see more due to less long exposures
with camera).

Epitaph; Sure bud, no worries. I really have to get out to some more places,
havn't been out in a little while (Apart from last weekend, but a run-in with construction
workers put an end to that). Possible return to that location is on the cards though.

Whilst I'm here, if anyone is from the Macedon area and knows their local
history to some degree, PM me? I have possible leads on a few places that way,
although I can't seem to find anything on either of them and I don't want to drive 2 hours there for nothing.