User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > New South Wales
GRUNT Performance

Old 28-03-04, 09:43   #1
Sim
BANNED

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
02/05/03: Cruise to Singleton/Wollombi - Newcastle/Central Coast *WISEMANS CANCELLED*

02/05/04: Cruise to Singleton/Wollombi - Newcastle/Central Coast *WISEMANS CANCELLED*
We CANNOT go to Wisemans Ferry under any circumstances.

IF we go over and let me emphasise that IF we could get over the Ferry we would be greeted by police and would also have some severe scrapage. My car isn't even that LOW and my exhaust just scraped. And the other way through the "safe dirt track road"...well I almost got killed as did my mate in his car. Plus my car is covered in filth inside and out, my suspension is rooted because the roads up that way have now changed I do not want to put anyone in danger. We all seriously thought that the dirt track was still okay to drive on but we were wrong. The roads have been rotting away, there are potholes everywhere plus a lot of branches falling down from trees....Hmmmm lucky I didn't leave this till the last minute

NEW DETAILS

Meet up at Hexham McDonalds @ 10:00am. Departure at 10:45am.

Stop at Southbound Twin Servo's (heading towards Sydney) - meet up with Central Coast cruisers @ approximately 11:30am.

Depart Twin Servo's @ 11:45am.

Then we will take the PEATS RIDGE/CENTRAL MANGROVE turnoff then will take the turnoff to Singleton/Cessnock which will take us through some nice windy roads then up to Wollombi.

We will be having lunch at the Laguna near Wollombi. They have offered to let us use their facilities which includes BBQ area, Toilets, Seating, Parking, Petrol and they also have a shop which offers Sausage Rolls, Pies, Cold Drinks, Lollies etc etc.

On departure of Laguna, we can all use the Cessnock roads (they are bumpy, no potholes though, they have been fixed up) which takes us past Weston, BellBird, Kurri Kurri etc etc. Central Coast people are welcome to follow me down the Cardiff turnoff (which takes me home) and that will shoot you straight back onto the Sydney turnoff back home for you all.

Make sure you all have a full tank of petrol to start off with as we may not see a Servo for at least half an hour maybe to an hour until we reach Laguna. Please don't try to be a hero and over-take others as we are driving through some windy roads. Maximum speed limit will most likely be 90-100km's to cater for the P Platers although I'm usually the only red plater anyway.

UHF RADIO'S!!!

If you have one PLEASE bring it along with you. There is no mobile phone service in some areas. If you need a UHF, please let me know and I may be able to set one up for you.

Please post your name in if you are interested in attending along with which checkpoint you will meet me at.

Email me at mcspanker@hotmail.com or go to http://www.streetcommodores.com.au/f...threadid=18375 for any updates or changes.
Sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-04, 10:33   #2
MS VLT

sounds good
Old 27-04-04, 19:47   #3
Sim
BANNED

Car:
*bump*

the cruise is still on, rain hail or shine.
Sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-04, 16:33   #4
Boostedcal
SUCH IS LIFE

Car: VL Calaisturbo II 5speed
Trader Rating: (2)
cool, if i dont get too trashed on sat night i will come for a cruz
Boostedcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-04, 17:09   #5
OOH30T
Gold Members

Car: slow
Trader Rating: (27)
lol i think its cancelled
OOH30T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-04, 00:04   #6
87calais
legend

Car: '87 VLCT Manual, '11 VE SS-V Manual
Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via MSN to 87calais
nah, the singleton/wollombi cruise is still on i think, it was originally intended to be to wisemans ferry - that got cancelled.
Old 01-05-04, 09:47   #7
Boostedcal
SUCH IS LIFE

Car: VL Calaisturbo II 5speed
Trader Rating: (2)
if sim dont reply, i wont be gettin out of bed early
Old 08-05-04, 18:42   #8
MRK-00G
Player

Car: An old exchaser thats not turbo'd
Send a message via Yahoo to MRK-00G
Was this cruise on? and when is the next one cause i might be interested for a change.That would have been a good cruise
MRK-00G is offline   Reply With Quote