User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Queensland
Calais Turbo Advertising

Old 02-09-02, 15:48   #76
turboluke
Official Member

Car: e39, e30
Trader Rating: (10)
cant come as sisters 21st is on, cant see the point until I get LSD in car anyway,
and for the record for all you guys talking about weight reduction, last time we went, avatar pic to the left I had a boot full of ****e, including bags full cousins soccer gear and enough of my gear to live out of home for a few weeks, probably helped me take off though more than it slowed me down.
probably the best thing to do if your clutching at straws rob(my88vl) or should we call you my93lexcen :P would be to let your tyres down for traction, ill try that too next time
turboluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-02, 17:53   #77
Jet Pilot
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via ICQ to Jet Pilot
hahaha lol @ turboluke.. i could probably put money on it that my boot weighed more :P but yeah ... if i was a dead serious into drag racing i woulda gone all out... i just went for some fun and had a good time loved the experience hehe...
i dont know if i'll go to willowbank again neither at the present moment... maybe ... see how everythin is going
Old 02-09-02, 18:53   #78
my88vl
Player

Car: Toyota Surf
Hey Fellas,

I can see why Ollie & Jay gutted the car, and yeah i have no doubt it was a factor involved in the 15.93....

But, i don't have the time to take out the back seat, and let me tell you, getting the back seat out of a VS is alot harder than a VL with only a few clips.

Anyway i'll drop the spare wheel, and MAYBE lose the sub for the weekend, i'll drop the pressure in the tyres and see how she goes.

Its had a service now and will be running on BP Ultimate. I launched pretty hard last night and it felt alot quicker so it should hit very very low 16's or high 15's
my88vl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-02, 19:23   #79
Ogre
Player

Car: 1988 VLT BT1 'OGRE'
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via ICQ to Ogre Send a message via MSN to Ogre
Quote:
cant see the point until I get LSD in car anyway
I hear ya luke!!
I'm thinking a good idea for next time would be lower tyre pressure 2. When we went, it was running in 100% street trim.

On another note guys, car had a full service & got RWC the other week...and its been having ongoing probs with the AFM. The mech had a play with that, fixed it all up....and I SWEAR the car has picked up another few 1/10's because of it. It's absolutely hammering at the moment! Faster than it's ever felt b4. Steve is very very happy with that!

I'm interested to see what it would run now...but yeah...LSD...it REALLY needs one.

Ah well, we'll see how things go with selling it first....cos it's now (finally) ready for sale!
Old 02-09-02, 20:11   #80
exchaser
9.96@134mph

Car: 'ONC16'
Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via ICQ to exchaser
Hey guys, Jay's informed me that we also will not be attending, so yeah.

a few tips for u boys who are goin out there however.

*if u have a set of 185 or 195's on 14 or 15" rims, wack them on the front and pump em up to just under their max. inflation pressure. Run ur widest tyres on the rear and dump some air out of them for a better hook up off the mark.
*remove any air restrictions in the intake, such as AFM mesh inserts, air filter if u wish.
*run premium unleaded fuel, add octane booster to that and advance ur timing if u could be bothered.
*remove any unnecessary weight from the car, if u are that serious and could be bothered, take out the boot carpet, spare wheel and backseat.

there are lots of other 'little' things u can do but u just have to be imaginative to think of em.

have fun and go hard. rob ur car will definatly get in the 15's now man, u were pretty close last time out.
Old 02-09-02, 20:58   #81
VLT87
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (16)
Send a message via MSN to VLT87
i found that when i lauched car with bigger burnouts on street tyres i had better 60ft times. sometimes it is quicker to lauch car off idle and get no wheel spin then to rev it up.i use to let my tyre pressure down to about 18psi. and one of the best tricks is to cool your car down. soon as u are on return road pop your bonnet to help cool car down and let it rest instead of racing on hot motor but i guess on a sat night u have to queue for ages andyway
VLT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-02, 01:08   #82
turboluke
Official Member

Car: e39, e30
Trader Rating: (10)
your right about the intake temps VLT87, on my last run I was watching manifold air temp rise over 55 degrees before start then drop tob below 35 before end of track. I had to wait on start line for a few minutes idlling while they cleaned up the car in front of me that blew. my tyres were around 34psi, trouble is you cant get any traction without an LSD, first run tyre started spinning as car came onto boost at about 50km/h. I didnt even try to stall it up.
hopefully getting an LSD soon
turboluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-02, 10:43   #83
my88vl
Player

Hey Guys,

Who is actually coming out? i know Mike and Ollie aren't, but if anyone is coming out, post up an answer...
Old 04-09-02, 17:43   #84
speedy_vl
Player

Car:
If we can get a few more people to come i will be there. Im not taking the exhaust off anymore either because it will be a prick to do (checked on the weekend).

UUMMM yeah i will be there if we get a bit more interest.

Dale
Old 04-09-02, 21:49   #85
lobe grinder
Player

Alrighty i've been reading this topic for a while, but stayed out, cos my car is crap, but now i'm interested.
I read that Willowbank are doing renovations so this is probably the last street meet, or any drag racing thats going to happen for awhile.

So my questions are:
Is this really the last chance to race for the year? :?:

How much? because i can't be bothered looking for the previous post

Will i get a chance to race? or will i only do 1 crap run & just sit in the pits for the rest of the night? :?

Who can arrange a tow truck when i have a massive lean out and kill my engine? j/k :P
lobe grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-02, 00:34   #86
Ogre
Player

Car: 1988 VLT BT1 'OGRE'
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via ICQ to Ogre Send a message via MSN to Ogre
$28 to race, admit driver & 1 crew member.

Willowbank were sposed to be renovating sometime at the end of this year yes, no idea when the last meet etc is though.

Yes, u will get a chance to run. I got in 7 runs on the willowbank cruise, on a saturday....and that was taking an hour break in the middle to grab food & spectate.
Old 05-09-02, 08:44   #87
my88vl
Player

As Steve said, its $28 to run and that gets 1 crew member in with you.

Willowbank are doin renovations to the track for all of October, the track will re-open on the 2nd of November with another test and tune event on. So this isn't your last chance for the year, but is your last chance for a while with only 3 more events before the track closing.

You should get a few runs in, i mean last time we went, Jay got about 10 runs or something in.

I only got 2 runs in but then thats cos i left early... just make sure you get there right on 4pm.
Old 05-09-02, 17:08   #88
lobe grinder
Player

Thanx fellas!
Ar fwark 4pm, i'll be playing soccer right at that moment :x.
I would really like to go, damn it i can't decide.
Maybe i'll just turn up to watch a bit later. I am a bit afraid of frying the engine.
Old 06-09-02, 21:22   #89
my88vl
Player

ok guys... ROLL CALL...

Anyone goin?

I'll be there in the VS to give it a good running and try a few different things. I can only hang around till about 7:30 though, gotta get back to see the missus...

Should get a few runs in though.

Dale, you comin? or Lobe Grinder?
Old 06-09-02, 23:01   #90
lobe grinder
Player

Ah i'm sorry dude, i got my car back from the mechanic just today and now its got all sorts of problems. I was really keen to go have a run.
But now my car idles incredibly high, or erratically, overheats, pings, overadvanced in timing, and out of tune.
Now i'm afraid to drive the thing! So much for experimentation. :?
Old 07-09-02, 18:20   #91
JVL87
Player

Car: R32 GTR
Send a message via ICQ to JVL87
matter of fact i got 7 runs also
but thanks anyway Rob...

Jay
JVL87 is offline   Reply With Quote