CalaisTurbo New Tags END Ignore Digital Niche Code -->
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Old 29-11-09, 10:22   #26
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Car: Blown Ute
Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to Jzt4kikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT1-355
How much did the series lights and garnish cost you???
The 1st set of series 2 lights and garnish I bought from a bloke up in deerpark. I paid $380 for the lot but the garnish had a small imperfection with it. Just recently (yesterday) I purchased the caprice import grill series 2 with the gold lettering •pix not up yet• For $250 dollars.
Jzt4kikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-09, 20:48   #27
BT1-355
Never LATE in a 355

Car: VP BT1 STROKER, BLOWN STATESMAN, CAPRICE CRUSIER AND A DAILY daewoo
Trader Rating: (29)
Send a message via ICQ to BT1-355 Send a message via MSN to BT1-355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzt4kikz
The 1st set of series 2 lights and garnish I bought from a bloke up in deerpark. I paid $380 for the lot but the garnish had a small imperfection with it. Just recently (yesterday) I purchased the caprice import grill series 2 with the gold lettering •pix not up yet• For $250 dollars.
Thats not bad, but i rekon you should keep the statesman garnish or find a good statesman garnish (no cracks) Cuz end of the day its a statesman not a caprice
Old 30-11-09, 20:11   #28
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT1-355
Thats not bad, but i rekon you should keep the statesman garnish or find a good statesman garnish (no cracks) Cuz end of the day its a statesman not a caprice
Yeah actually I think that's a better idea, statesman instead of caprice... Or I can continue with making it a caprice and just change the roof lining and a couple other little bits??
Old 02-12-09, 14:47   #29
ceptavl
Player

Car: Vp calais
Trader Rating: (12)
Hey man lookin good, I my self have a Manual vr caprice and lookin for the caprice garnish and lights. Let me know if you know any one
ceptavl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-10, 19:18   #30
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

hey guys got some white and blue walls on the sigs (that im selling check my other threads if ur interested) .. What do use think or should i have gone red and white ?? was a bit of a decision lol. Tell me wat use think
Old 31-01-10, 20:34   #31
VL-EXEC
Official Member

Car: VL Berlina
Trader Rating: (6)
i wudve gone red n white or just white,,, also have a stato and lookin for the series 2/3 garnish n lights, have you come past anymore for sale
VL-EXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-10, 21:38   #32
PSI-EFI
Official Member

Car: hj coupe 5litre, vp exec 6 (write off), vx s pac
Trader Rating: (0)
i rekon maybe red and white would've looked better, but i still rekon that looks good.. breaks it up a bit more i suppose
PSI-EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-10, 21:42   #33
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL-EXEC
i wudve gone red n white or just white,,, also have a stato and lookin for the series 2/3 garnish n lights, have you come past anymore for sale
Hey thanx for ur honesty..for me the red was a bit to bright for my car being a dark red/ marone..and iv'e previously had just the white so wanted something different..this is wat the white was like..it's not bad but i think the blue breaks it up a bit.. I stopped looking for 2/3 garnish's and lights..i had some but have sold them alreadi. Currently i have the imported series 3 caprice grill " caprice " in gold writing..Im chasing the standard " statesman " series 2 one but am in no rush then ill be selling the series 3 caprice one i have. I know a bloke that gets a hold of them alot he wrecks a **** load of series 2/3 statoes..hes average price is about 400 if u want me to put u onto him ?? Let me know.
JUST PLAIN WHITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSI-EFI
i rekon maybe red and white would've looked better, but i still rekon that looks good.. breaks it up a bit more i suppose
HEY thanks man, havent seen u post on here for a while..maybe im just not looking right..haha. I dunno if i told u but i kept the clutch fan setup instead of the thermos..so juzt sold them off. Thanks for all the effort and help u gave me in that situation to m8 =]

Last edited by Jzt4kikz; 31-01-10 at 21:44. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-02-10, 11:46   #34
VL-EXEC
Official Member

Yeah man if you could, he doesn't happen to be from deer park st albans
Old 01-02-10, 18:43   #35
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
Yeah man if you could, he doesn't happen to be from deer park st albans
yeah this bloke is from deer park man, he's name is Peter.. Do u know who im talking about?
Old 01-02-10, 19:02   #36
VL-EXEC
Official Member

yeah i brought a set of series 3 caprice rim, top bloke
Old 01-02-10, 19:13   #37
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
yeah i brought a set of series 3 caprice rim, top bloke
Haha, yeah he's pretty good man and genuine. I went for a hike from NarreWarren to deerpark and i bought the series 3 garnish and lights..did me a good deal and looks after me now wen i go up there for other items Small world haha
Old 01-02-10, 23:36   #38
vl_comm
Player

Car: ex-1TUFRB, Green ova Silver VL Calais, VS Berlina
Trader Rating: (2)
this guy your talking about, you said he wrecks a lot of statoes. does he ever have any full leather interior?
vl_comm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 10:33   #39
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vl_comm
this guy your talking about, you said he wrecks a lot of statoes. does he ever have any full leather interior?
yeah he would man, he deals with ebay alot. i gave him the ct website and told him 2 advertise some sh!t here but never did lol.. this is a link on ebay of something hes selling atm and he's user name is letts1199
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VR-VS-STATESM...item414ca02a04 - I would give u he's number but not sure if it's right or not to do so lol, but hes easy to get incontact with honest and friendly =] Good luck
Old 02-02-10, 11:42   #40
vl_comm
Player

lol nah that's alrite. i'm not that desperate for it atm seeing as i have no money :P but i'll get in contact with him. i just want some nice leather ahah
Old 02-02-10, 16:09   #41
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
lol nah that's alrite. i'm not that desperate for it atm seeing as i have no money :P but i'll get in contact with him. i just want some nice leather ahah
haha dont we all i guess, i reckon the vt/vx ss seats aint too bad man..but if ur def on the leather maybe chuck the calais seats into ur car, the avatar pic looks alright to, do u ahve any more pix of it?
Old 02-02-10, 16:20   #42
vl_comm
Player

lol that's my bros car, and if you want a pic of a write off, then sure i can put some on :P i might change it to my car right now actually haha
Old 02-02-10, 17:03   #43
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
lol that's my bros car, and if you want a pic of a write off, then sure i can put some on :P i might change it to my car right now actually haha
haha vs... or vr..one or the other..my favourtie..throw some pix up man wanna have a squizz.
Old 02-02-10, 17:54   #44
vl_comm
Player

yeah it's a VS

and my custom boot that i'm currently doing, all i need is it wired up
Old 02-02-10, 19:50   #45
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
yeah it's a VS

and my custom boot that i'm currently doing, all i need is it wired up
Thats nice man, i've always gone more for the vr/vs shape then the vt/vx. What have you done to it besides the height wheels dvd player and boot..What are ur intentions on the boot 2. I can see 2 boxes there are u putting 2 12's in there? wat equipment u putting in it. Mad colour, like the ss.
Old 02-02-10, 20:32   #46
vl_comm
Player

i haven't really don't much other than that. there isn't really much more i can do with the p plate laws n all that so i just wna get it looking nice.
yeah i'm putting it two 12" kicker comp subs and i got two cadence amps that i'm putting in so hopefully when they are in it sounds all good. then i can stop putting all my money into my car. except yer, i'm looking 2 get leather interior and then i've done what i want
Old 02-02-10, 21:59   #47
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
i haven't really don't much other than that. there isn't really much more i can do with the p plate laws n all that so i just wna get it looking nice.
yeah i'm putting it two 12" kicker comp subs and i got two cadence amps that i'm putting in so hopefully when they are in it sounds all good. then i can stop putting all my money into my car. except yer, i'm looking 2 get leather interior and then i've done what i want
I previously also had a vs executive, just the base model in that real light green colour. Wasnt too bad but. I painted the lower skirts black tinted windows/lowered exhaust etc etc. But i chased up some cheap vr/vs calais seats i think i got a good set complete for $150, + the console and that set the car right off. Good idea. Also with the kicker subs a mate of mine has a black vt commodore and bought the dual kicker vr's the black and yellow ones in the one box for the 2 12's..he pulled them out and put them into to seperate boxes which were designed to sit where the taillights bolt in, in each corner giving maximum boot room + he had a gas tank in there too. Once he removed them from their original box and put them into the 2 single boxes there was great dissapointment with the sound quality. Just a heads up.
Old 02-02-10, 22:22   #48
vl_comm
Player

yeah i've been told a few things about changing sub boxes and the way i have the set up that i'm building. i guess if it doesn't sound that great i'll just sell the custom box and try something different. not much else i can do to be honest
Old 02-02-10, 22:36   #49
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

yeah hopefully it works out the best for u ! good luck. I think u should put the ss foglight inserts in ur bar and foggies..perhaps even the whole kit?? good coz it comes in that colour 2 if u can get ur mitts on it?
Old 02-02-10, 22:42   #50
vl_comm
Player

yeah i was considering it doing that and my bro wants me to do it, but next thing i really wanna do is the leather haha i messaged that guy from ebay btw, pretty good prices for his seats so i said i'd stay in contact and when i got the money, speak 2 him and get some