Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 24-10-09, 16:00   #1
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Car: Blown Ute
Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to Jzt4kikz
My VS statesman, any more ideas ??

juzt some pix of it now..just the basics..any ideas for some other basic things that can be done to make it look a little bit better ?? Im also after thermO fans instead of this clutch fan if anyones selling them ?? Hope this upload works too 1st time.

Last edited by Jzt4kikz; 24-10-09 at 16:12.
Jzt4kikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-09, 21:37   #2
bar0034
Player

Car: VS SS, VU SS
Trader Rating: (2)
first learn to take fotos of the whole car haha
umm wot springs u got in it?
maybe go a lil lower..............?
bar0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-09, 22:10   #3
BT1-KID
Sacked Performance!

Car:
Trader Rating: (7)
give it a good polish, put some exhuast tips on it if it doesnt have one, maybe a venetion, lil bit lower in the back
BT1-KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-09, 13:52   #4
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Yeah just grabbed some springs today - came out of a vx sv3000 that sat on its
Ass. I wanted to do the front a little lower but not to keen on the back. Trying to
Stay defective free haha. Its got some tipz on it got pacey extractors to 2 1/2" right threw
To 1muffler that splits into twin pipes running 2 1/4" tips on each. Should I compress my springs or
Put others straight in it you reckon??
Old 26-10-09, 14:14   #5
BT1-KID
Sacked Performance!

Car:
put others in see how it sits
BT1-KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-09, 14:16   #6
BT1-355
Never LATE in a 355

Car: VP BT1 STROKER, BLOWN STATESMAN, CAPRICE CRUSIER AND A DAILY daewoo
Trader Rating: (29)
Send a message via ICQ to BT1-355 Send a message via MSN to BT1-355
looks like your statesman is a series 1, then i would put front and rear bar out of a series 3 statesman, series 2/3 rear tail lights and centre garnish (only if it doesn't have them) chorme door handles
Old 26-10-09, 15:29   #7
MZST8O
Player

Car: 5ltr vsii stato - mizgmh
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to MZST8O
try get a hold of a grange boot lip.. if u like the look of them .. hard to find a genuine one tho .. took me a while
wk/wl side indicators (you will need the looms and re-attach them urself and use double sided tape, coz the whole are too big) .. i find em alot neater lookin den the vt ones

caprice grill if u dont already have one.. might pick up a good price on ebay

and like BT1-355 said .. sII/III rear garnish with tail lights is a must!
MZST8O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-09, 16:27   #8
PSI-EFI
Official Member

Car: hj coupe 5litre, vp exec 6 (write off), vx s pac
yo if u want some thermos you can go street and strip i think in dande and their 170 bux.. ive got 2 from them and they work good as..
PSI-EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-09, 17:52   #9
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZST8O
try get a hold of a grange boot lip.. if u like the look of them .. hard to find a genuine one tho .. took me a while
wk/wl side indicators (you will need the looms and re-attach them urself and use double sided tape, coz the whole are too big) .. i find em alot neater lookin den the vt ones

caprice grill if u dont already have one.. might pick up a good price on ebay

and like BT1-355 said .. sII/III rear garnish with tail lights is a must!
Thanks for all the tips. I got the caprice grill on the front already and it is only a
Series one. Wats the deal with the series 2 garnish and lights. Do they bolt straight
In?? And are the chrome trimmings included with the lights or is that sperate.
I really like ur statesman too mizgmh and ur plates. Pretty tuff haha. I had a set of
Gts wheels but I didn't like the look of them so went to the commom sigz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSI-EFI
yo if u want some thermos you can go street and strip i think in dande and their 170 bux.. ive got 2 from them and they work good as..
Hey thanks for the tip - I been chasing some thermos. Do you know the pwr difference
They make compared to a clutch fan - and are they easy to install ??

Last edited by Jzt4kikz; 26-10-09 at 17:55. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-10-09, 20:26   #10
DRAILD
Player

Car: FG
matty brother! just ****ing slap a blower on this thing man seriously

oh and im glad u joined us at ct bout time u did after i told u that there is so much info on this site

Last edited by DRAILD; 26-10-09 at 20:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
DRAILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-09, 22:00   #11
MZST8O
Player

Car: 5ltr vsii stato - mizgmh
Send a message via MSN to MZST8O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzt4kikz
Thanks for all the tips. I got the caprice grill on the front already and it is only a
Series one. Wats the deal with the series 2 garnish and lights. Do they bolt straight
In?? And are the chrome trimmings included with the lights or is that sperate.
I really like ur statesman too mizgmh and ur plates. Pretty tuff haha. I had a set of
Gts wheels but I didn't like the look of them so went to the commom sigz.
no worries man.. ahh nice good work!!
series 2 yeh fits straight on .. u got the clips and **** in the boot when u pop it open .. if may be covered by the carpet lining .. so just pull it out and yeh .. have a sus ..
yeh chrome trimmings are apart of it .. so its alright .. just brightens up and make the rear end a lot more attractive then the dull lifeless series 1 look..
aw cheers appreciate it..
yeh dont mind the super sports.. they look alright too
MZST8O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-09, 22:10   #12
PSI-EFI
Official Member

Quote:
Hey thanks for the tip - I been chasing some thermos. Do you know the pwr difference
They make compared to a clutch fan - and are they easy to install ??
no worries bloke.. but putting thermos isnt a power upgrade thing, in your case it wont benefit much as your clutch fan will work just fine.. the only difference i would think is less load on the waterpump, but they still work fine.. got mates running the clutch fans on 383's and other chevs and they run just fine.. and if you do put the thermos and go for the AU's.. i find putting them upside down looks better as the cable is underneith and the shroud has a flusher finish
Old 29-10-09, 08:40   #13
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZST8O
no worries man.. ahh nice good work!!
series 2 yeh fits straight on .. u got the clips and **** in the boot when u pop it open .. if may be covered by the carpet lining .. so just pull it out and yeh .. have a sus ..
yeh chrome trimmings are apart of it .. so its alright .. just brightens up and make the rear end a lot more attractive then the dull lifeless series 1 look..
aw cheers appreciate it..
yeh dont mind the super sports.. they look alright too
Yeah your welcome. Im chasing the garnish and taillights now..Can't really get onto them theyre pretty hard to come by . . . , Any ideas or know anyone selling them ?? I found a couple on ebay he wants $200 for the garnish with a small crack on the holden emblem and 80 for the drivers taillight.. I was excited thought he mighta had the whole lot and then realised im still down the left hand side + haha. I been noticing it alot now..You know when u buy something then u start looking for it u see it everywhere, haah..it'z just the same..noticing these sexii statesman rear ends now and mine just being like...bah ! haha. thanks again keep me updated it u get ontO any rears for me please. Matt

Quote:
no worries bloke.. but putting thermos isnt a power upgrade thing, in your case it wont benefit much as your clutch fan will work just fine.. the only difference i would think is less load on the waterpump, but they still work fine.. got mates running the clutch fans on 383's and other chevs and they run just fine.. and if you do put the thermos and go for the AU's.. i find putting them upside down looks better as the cable is underneith and the shroud has a flusher finish
Thanks man..So u reckon get the au falcon themros ?? from a 6 or an 8..are they the same ?? and reverse mount it to give it a neater finish..soudns good..but if ur saying it's not a noticible difference i might stick to the clutch fan then hey haha..the can shorud looks ugly but..any ideas on that situation ?? Also i asked about "strip and street" someone told me its an exhaust joint in dandy..is that right?? Someone also told me it was in oakleigh, and someone else told me it's in pakenham haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAILD
matty brother! just ****ing slap a blower on this thing man seriously

oh and im glad u joined us at ct bout time u did after i told u that there is so much info on this site
yeah brO i member u were talking about ct and checked it out..now im hooked like a hooker ! ?? >.> <.< ..Anyway yeah cheerz for that man..A blower thats pretty intense brO..gotta keep saving up little pennies 1st hey haha..Ill do something rad soon...seriously considering bagging it..

Last edited by Jzt4kikz; 29-10-09 at 08:48. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-10-09, 20:39   #14
bar0034
Player

Car: VS SS, VU SS
Trader Rating: (2)
go to the wreckers and get a set of camira springs for the rear they work a treat a 2 mates of mine have them in there vts and ones on 20s and ones on the stock 15s and they sit a lil lower the ultra lows
bar0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-09, 19:16   #15
PSI-EFI
Official Member

Quote:
Thanks man..So u reckon get the au falcon themros ?? from a 6 or an 8..are they the same ?? and reverse mount it to give it a neater finish..soudns good..but if ur saying it's not a noticible difference i might stick to the clutch fan then hey haha..the can shorud looks ugly but..any ideas on that situation ?? Also i asked about "strip and street" someone told me its an exhaust joint in dandy..is that right?? Someone also told me it was in oakleigh, and someone else told me it's in pakenham haha.
yeah, just au's from any ford.. im not 100% sure were the place is but it's one of them, lol.. and with the shroud, it only looks ugly if you put it on ****..

this is my one.. actually looks good as in person.. was driving the car today aswell for first time with new motor, works sweet, and holds real good temp on idle

Old 30-10-09, 19:23   #16
TOEY
Moisttt bra

Car: Your old lady
nice sigs mate!!
TOEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-09, 21:32   #17
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOEY
nice sigs mate!!
Haha nice gts's.. How they going bro?? They look tight on ur calais man set it off hardcore. Fix my trade rating up too gee

Quote:
yeah, just au's from any ford.. im not 100% sure were the place is but it's one of them, lol.. and with the shroud, it only looks ugly if you put it on ****..

this is my one.. actually looks good as in person.. was driving the car today aswell for first time with new motor, works sweet, and holds real good temp on idle

Hey man that looks heaps sweet. Did u do the wiring yoursel or got someone out?? That's grouse!!
I really gotta find where these guys are located and pick one up. I got a few prices on the
Series 2 stuff. From holden 275ea for the tail-lights and 808.40for the garnish haha. Damn pricey.
Wreckers are 170 and 400 so I gotta keep an eye on here or ebay. I wanna try pick the lot up for about 4hundred
And put them thermos on too, gives u a little bit more room I reckon. Ur ute looks heaps nice
Man!! Got the paceys on it and the aftermarket rocker covers. They're great too.are they alloy or cast iron?

Last edited by Jzt4kikz; 31-10-09 at 07:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 31-10-09, 19:08   #18
PSI-EFI
Official Member

lol.. asked my dad, i think street and strip are in seaford.. look em up in the operator.. i done most wiring with my dad but an auto elec went over it just to make sure that nothing is wrong..i think their just cast iron extractors, but their the wrong ones, the exhaust place got it wrong, need the 3 into ones because were loosing mid range power.. lol, ute?
Old 31-10-09, 21:09   #19
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
lol.. asked my dad, i think street and strip are in seaford.. look em up in the operator.. i done most wiring with my dad but an auto elec went over it just to make sure that nothing is wrong..i think their just cast iron extractors, but their the wrong ones, the exhaust place got it wrong, need the 3 into ones because were loosing mid range power.. lol, ute?
Sorri man I keep looking at ur ride and thinking its a 1 tonner so that's why I wrote ute. My mistake.
Sounds simple enough. I'm gonna look more into it man and ring around this operator
And see wat we can get happening. 170's too cheap I'm loving it. Who did u get ur extractors threw?
Old 01-11-09, 00:04   #20
PSI-EFI
Official Member

tidds exhaust.. dont get me wrong they done a *** awesome job, except somewere information was misundertood..their in spotswood if u wanna go there
Old 01-11-09, 10:29   #21
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Quote:
tidds exhaust.. dont get me wrong they done a *** awesome job, except somewere information was misundertood..their in spotswood if u wanna go there
Aww well then that's understandable. I just found someone stripping a 5ltr and one thing he's selling is a v8 radiator and thermos... I've asked him
If he will seperate them but if not ill just get the lot and have a spare radiator hehe. Can't wait for the reply !!
Old 01-11-09, 17:20   #22
PSI-EFI
Official Member

sweet mate.. if you wanna know anything else just pm me, i feel like im hijacking your thread
Old 28-11-09, 11:23   #23
Jzt4kikz
Official Member

Hey there again it's been a little while and since that little while iv'e managed to do as suggested.. and that is..get the series 2 arse end happening..Here are the before and after pix of the garnish and lights and some more that i have added sicne completing my audio system.I put a pioneer dvd player in and put a fake wall in the boot around the amp making it look a bit tidier..what do u think??

BEFORE

AFTER

Fake Wall & DvD Player

Old 28-11-09, 12:44   #24
PSI-EFI
Official Member

looking good man... you still want that wiring diagram for the thermos?
Old 28-11-09, 23:06   #25
BT1-355
Never LATE in a 355

Car: VP BT1 STROKER, BLOWN STATESMAN, CAPRICE CRUSIER AND A DAILY daewoo
Trader Rating: (29)
Send a message via ICQ to BT1-355 Send a message via MSN to BT1-355
How much did the series lights and garnish cost you???