User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
G-Cylinder

Old 21-05-08, 12:25   #26
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
Yeah exactly what I was getting at, you have just said it alot easier, there will be no real balance between the 2 unless the seperate the 2 completely, you just cant compromise that much and have the best of both worlds, they way they are going it will be great for drags, not so good for circuit.
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-08, 15:52   #27
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Chaser
it will be great for drags, not so good for circuit.
I might have to stop circuit racing the monaro and just drag it.

Its been a circuit racers track for too long haha.

In all honesty if its going to impede it should be re-evaluated to make it safe for both camps.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-08, 20:10   #28
startline
Player

Car: '08 Navara, 1968 XT GT in the build...
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to startline
So does that mean with the track moving 15 metres further down, that the finish line is now downhill??? Does that mean that cars will not be able to say they run a P.B because the track will give them a downhill advantage??
Also, the idea of having a tyre wall down the right hand side of the strip is not a new one, it was bought up many years ago, but Bob was told then that it would be unsafe, because if a tyre grabs on another tyre, it will spear the car either upwards over the wall, or into the path of the vehicle in the other lane..... Seems like the same idea's, just different people trying to implement them...
startline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-08, 21:25   #29
NTONIO
Player

Car:
Good progress SLY LS1, seems like Calder will once again be a good place to go to, Seats in the drag area has been something thats been up in the air for a very very long time!

Also would you know any indication of they will be bringing the drifting back to the track? Or are you mainly working on the drag racing aspect.
NTONIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-08, 23:21   #30
kd747
Player

Car:
yes well done slyls1 for all the updates...i think its good news if the track is done up as it is a hell of lot easier for most of us that dont like the long drive to heatchote or wsid...(not that i dont like these tracks) and to be totally honest we ran the same et and mph at calder as we did in wsid at the nationals so the track aint that bad and its on our back doorstep so im all for it and if the critics dont like it then just dont come
kd747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-08, 17:49   #31
villain
Player

Car: yasister
i to am happy to hear the finger is being pulled out of calders ass. years ago it was a world class race track, then it slowly turned to ****. it sounds like it will be open around the same time wgn-psi will be up and running so i will have to give it a crack. and as for the people worried bout the big sweeper having no run off its not like theres much of run off on the current track anyway.

with all the work being done does that mean we will see some big bangers like doorslammers and fullers again?
villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-08, 18:46   #32
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgn-psi
i to am happy to hear the finger is being pulled out of calders ass. years ago it was a world class race track, then it slowly turned to ****. it sounds like it will be open around the same time wgn-psi will be up and running so i will have to give it a crack. and as for the people worried bout the big sweeper having no run off its not like theres much of run off on the current track anyway.
with all the work being done does that mean we will see some big bangers like doorslammers and fullers again?

The problem will be that they are going to lenghten the straight between the second last and last corner, and there is at least 80m between the current track and the wall at the moment. When they change that, there will be 0m between the track and the wall and at least 80m more of straight before the corner. Thats going to be the main difference, not to mention the solid wall that will be right on the edge of the track at the kink in the front straight, you drag guys might need the walls close when you are running parrallel, but us track guys will be heading at them straight on! With similar speed of an 11 sec drag car at the same point in the track!

Massive difference if you really look at the photos and think about the issue, dont get me wrong im all for Calder getting revamped, just not at the cost of the track guys.
Old 05-06-08, 14:31   #33
Blink
Sensible Since 21/05/2009

Car: RB30ET
Trader Rating: (21)
Send a message via MSN to Blink
Pics of Adelaide yet?
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 21:10   #34
villain
Player

Quote:
The problem will be that they are going to lenghten the straight between the second last and last corner, and there is at least 80m between the current track and the wall at the moment. When they change that, there will be 0m between the track and the wall and at least 80m more of straight before the corner. Thats going to be the main difference, not to mention the solid wall that will be right on the edge of the track at the kink in the front straight, you drag guys might need the walls close when you are running parrallel, but us track guys will be heading at them straight on! With similar speed of an 11 sec drag car at the same point in the track!

Massive difference if you really look at the photos and think about the issue, dont get me wrong im all for Calder getting revamped, just not at the cost of the track guys.

MAYBE PEOPLE SHOULD LEARN TO DRIVE AND NOT HAVE 2 WORRY BOUT WALLS. LOL. SORRY BUT TO ME AND THE MONEY MAKING SIDE OF CALDER I THINK ARE MORE INTERESTED IN THE DRAG STRIP...... THE REAL MONEY MAKER...SORRY CIRCUIT GUYS...
Old 05-06-08, 21:13   #35
PROGMH

Car:
What do you base that on wgn-psi? Im sure youve got figures?

Maybe you should tell all racers that theyre bad drivers if they cant keep the car off the wall... Maybe you should show the top drivers in every motorsport division 'how to drive'.
Old 05-06-08, 21:36   #36
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Quote:
MAYBE PEOPLE SHOULD LEARN TO DRIVE AND NOT HAVE 2 WORRY BOUT WALLS. LOL. SORRY BUT TO ME AND THE MONEY MAKING SIDE OF CALDER I THINK ARE MORE INTERESTED IN THE DRAG STRIP...... THE REAL MONEY MAKER...SORRY CIRCUIT GUYS...

You stupid retarded fucking fool! My car will run a very low 11 at the drags! Ive got more brakes than 2 VE SS commodores! And more horsepower than your little pin head could comprehend! Common sense says that if you INCREASE, that means to make more of or make longer, the straight, and REDUCE that means to make less of or make shorter, the run off area, you are asking for huge trouble. Your a stupid fuck hey? The track guys book the track every fucking weekend, and sometimes during the week, We pay just like the drag guys, except its not $55, its $150! We deserve to have a safe circuit to race on aswell, you must be the best driver in the world to make such a stupid comment like that, either that or just a plain fool! Fuck off ya twit!
Old 05-06-08, 22:09   #37
villain
Player

Quote:
You stupid retarded fucking fool! My car will run a very low 11 at the drags! Ive got more brakes than 2 VE SS commodores! And more horsepower than your little pin head could comprehend! Common sense says that if you INCREASE, that means to make more of or make longer, the straight, and REDUCE that means to make less of or make shorter, the run off area, you are asking for huge trouble. Your a stupid fuck hey? The track guys book the track every fucking weekend, and sometimes during the week, We pay just like the drag guys, except its not $55, its $150! We deserve to have a safe circuit to race on aswell, you must be the best driver in the world to make such a stupid comment like that, either that or just a plain fool! Fuck off ya twit!

THE THREAD SAID [MEANS WRITTEN IN THE MSG] LOL YOU ****IN TWAT. AND OOOHHHH MORE HORSEPOWER [LESS PENIS INCHES] ****IN GROW UP YA TOOL [DONT GET CUT AT EVERY THING U READ] OH BY THE WAY DID I MENTION IT SAID LO-FCUKIN-L [L IS FOR LOOSER]. AND JUST FOR THE RECORD CALDER IS THE ONLY TRACK IN VIC APART FROM HEATHCOTE {WHICH DOESNT HAVE THE FACILITIES CALDER HAS} THAT PEOPLE CAN DRAG AT CIRCUIT GUYS HAVE A HUGE SELECTION OF TRACKS. ALL I WAS SAYIN WAS IF CALDER RETURNS TO ITS FORMER GLORY IT WOULD BE ONE HELL OF A MONEY MAKER, FROM BIGGER CARS LIKE DOORSLAMMERS N FUELLERS, IM NOT TALKIN JUST YA FRIDAY NITE SPECIALS. SO NEXT TIME GET BACK IN YA ***CIN BOX BEFORE YA CARRY ON BOUT ****...
Old 06-06-08, 10:35   #38
YEP_boost
UONP - We will kill you

Car: VLCT/VY ADVENTRA LX8
Trader Rating: (36)
I shake my head!
YEP_boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 17:48   #39
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Quote:
THE THREAD SAID [MEANS WRITTEN IN THE MSG] LOL YOU ****IN TWAT. AND OOOHHHH MORE HORSEPOWER [LESS PENIS INCHES] ****IN GROW UP YA TOOL [DONT GET CUT AT EVERY THING U READ] OH BY THE WAY DID I MENTION IT SAID LO-FCUKIN-L [L IS FOR LOOSER]. AND JUST FOR THE RECORD CALDER IS THE ONLY TRACK IN VIC APART FROM HEATHCOTE {WHICH DOESNT HAVE THE FACILITIES CALDER HAS} THAT PEOPLE CAN DRAG AT CIRCUIT GUYS HAVE A HUGE SELECTION OF TRACKS. ALL I WAS SAYIN WAS IF CALDER RETURNS TO ITS FORMER GLORY IT WOULD BE ONE HELL OF A MONEY MAKER, FROM BIGGER CARS LIKE DOORSLAMMERS N FUELLERS, IM NOT TALKIN JUST YA FRIDAY NITE SPECIALS. SO NEXT TIME GET BACK IN YA ***CIN BOX BEFORE YA CARRY ON BOUT ****...

Your a fucking wanker, there are fuck all tracks for the circuit guys dickhead. Sandown is getting further restrictions, as is Phillip Island on noise and times it can be hired out. Leaving what? Winton?

Go back to school learn, to construct a sentence correctly, that makes sense. Clader will never return to what it was. If you read above you will read some actual constructive criticism, I understand there will never be a perfect solution at Calder for the track guys and the drag guys, but I dont go round saying fuck the drag guys.
Do you think the drag guys would be happy if Calder put a wall up half way down the run down area after the 400m? Making their braking distance impossible for anything faster than your heap of shit. Or maybe removing the walls from the edge of the track and replacing them with posts? I dont think any one will be happy to have their saftey put second after someone elses.

Now fuck of you idiot.
Old 06-06-08, 19:39   #40
villain
Player

[QUOTE=88 Chaser]Your a fucking wanker, there are fuck all tracks for the circuit guys dickhead. Sandown is getting further restrictions, as is Phillip Island on noise and times it can be hired out. Leaving what? Winton?

Go back to school learn, to construct a sentence correctly, that makes sense. Clader will never return to what it was. If you read above you will read some actual constructive criticism, I understand there will never be a perfect solution at Calder for the track guys and the drag guys, but I dont go round saying fuck the drag guys.
Do you think the drag guys would be happy if Calder put a wall up half way down the run down area after the 400m? Making their braking distance impossible for anything faster than your heap of shit. Or maybe removing the walls from the edge of the track and replacing them with posts? I dont think any one will be happy to have their saftey put second after someone elses.

Go eat a **** you **** sucker. A: it is spelt CALDER not CLADER. You ****ing tool. B: i never said **** the circuit guys ya tool. C: even though there will be restrictions at these tracks, it can still be used for racing. What are you upset you have to put a muffler on your chariot? Coz thats about the biggest restriction they are imposing. Dude you need to relax get ur hand off it and stop carrying on like a whore who didnt get paid........

Oh and if you cant read or cant remember my first post, i said...." LOL". stupid ****er!
Old 06-06-08, 19:50   #41
PROGMH

Car:
wgn-psi you shouldnt lecture people on spelling when you call someone a 'looser' and spell about as 'bout'.
You're also ill informed when you say drag racers have two tracks - there are many more around country victoria.

Theres no need for your nonsense - if you want to contribute then do so but theres no need to label every racer a bad driver or swear at everyone. Youve only been on here a month and the long time members dont need newly signed up tools posting random keyboard bashing replies. Grow up.

If thats too hard then dont bother replying because no one wants to hear your ill informed, mispelt and abusive posts.
Old 06-06-08, 20:09   #42
GMH-JC
3VOM

Car: 1950 Single Spinner (3VOM), 64 Rat Beetle, Japanese Rat Bobber
Trader Rating: (47)
*stands in front of jase and brett, chest out*

Yeah mofo,What are you looking at?!?!?!?

couldnt help it...
GMH-JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 21:41   #43
villain
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH
wgn-psi you shouldnt lecture people on spelling when you call someone a 'looser' and spell about as 'bout'.
You're also ill informed when you say drag racers have two tracks - there are many more around country victoria.

Theres no need for your nonsense - if you want to contribute then do so but theres no need to label every racer a bad driver or swear at everyone. Youve only been on here a month and the long time members dont need newly signed up tools posting random keyboard bashing replies. Grow up.

If thats too hard then dont bother replying because no one wants to hear your ill informed, mispelt and abusive posts.

Go back to my first thread and you will see i wasnt the one who started swearing and carrying on like a TOOL. I said one thing and also put LOL after it and then people like to carry on and make a big issue over it.