Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
G-Cylinder

Old 01-05-08, 23:05   #76
Chemical
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to Chemical
adz3174 your right on the money, makes no sense but i guess we are going to have to deal with it ay

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMFSTR
i got my Ps june 2006 so will this apply for me also or not
yes it applys to everyone on their p's

Last edited by Chemical; 01-05-08 at 23:06. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 23:17   #77
misk
what 2jz?

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to misk
lol fuck, this has full wrecked any understanding of the law that we had
misk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 23:24   #78
adz3174
Player

Trader Rating: (0)
despite the governments stupidity (and ugly green plates) annoying and frustrating me to no end...im just glad i dont have to give up my car. id stab cunts if they let me fall in love with my calais for the past year then say i cant drive it once i switch to green (effectively P2 under new laws)

i just read through the whole P plater section of the arrivealive site to assure myself i can keep my car.

this is it in a nutshell:

all current p platers will be given green Ps (P2) so as to determine us older P platers from the new (after july08) p platers who get reds (P1) for, atleast, one year then can graduate to greens (P2) for another 3 years.

NOTHING CHANGES APART FROM THE COLOUR OF OUR P PLATES. if you got your licence before july07 (like me) then you're restricted ONLY by the old power-weight/capacity-weight ratio laws, and will continue to be after being switched to greens for the remainder of your probationary licence. THIS DOES NOT MEAN CURRENT P PLATERS LEGALLY DRIVING TURBO'D/BLOWN/V8/MODIFIED CARS WILL BE FORCED TO GIVE UP THEIR RIDES.

if you got your licence after july07 then you're stuck on the new power laws just like all the new drivers will be, but you're NOT stuck on the laws that will apply to new p platers who are licenced after july08.

whatever laws that apply to you now will stay the same when you switch to greens.
adz3174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 23:28   #79
dash
Player

Car: VX acclaim
adz3175 mate you are a legend... ahaha

made it clear as... i got ppl on msn stoogin me sayin this and that and what not and yeahh.. i got confused for a sec.... thanks for clearin it up...

atleast the new p plate will go with my car.. ahaha.. green car green p plate.. ahha.. wooo
dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 23:38   #80
Chemical
Official Member

Car:
some people just dont understand

ive gone over it with them a million times and they just sit there with a dumb look on their face

its not that hard to understand
Old 01-05-08, 23:41   #81
adz3174
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
adz3175 mate you are a legend... ahaha

made it clear as... i got ppl on msn stoogin me sayin this and that and what not and yeahh.. i got confused for a sec.... thanks for clearin it up...

atleast the new p plate will go with my car.. ahaha.. green car green p plate.. ahha.. wooo
first of all...its adz3174...im not some dickhead dande junkie mofo

secondly...i knew id eventually contribute something useful to this site...it took a while but its finally happened...im the dude who explains all the confusing shit.

thirdly,

[rant]

congrats that the green plates will match your car...but my cars black and i fucking hate the colour green (with a few exceptions). the whole exterior of my car basically has 3 colours, black, silver and red. red Ps went with the regular dark red calais taillights...i replaced the ****ty orange indicators with clear ones to sort of match the silver. the green p plates is gonna totally fuck up my colour scheme. the only thing green on my car are some of the interior lights...big deal...but green Ps are gonna look ugly.

[/rant]

lol.
Old 01-05-08, 23:44   #82
Chemical
Official Member

Car:
need a tissue?

nah only joking

i agree thats its going to look gay, how are they going to look? are they going to be like sydneys? green on white? if so that will look ok, if not god help us
Old 01-05-08, 23:45   #83
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Trader Rating: (22)
FFS guys, all you have to do is go to the above link and read it thoroughly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz3174
so let me get this straight...

this is what ive known all along...ive made sure to understand this all perfectly.

after july 2007 the new Ls (logged 120hours etc) and power restriction laws (no turbo/blower/8+cylinders/mods) came in.

after july this year the new graduating licence system comes in where new p platers (under 21) get stuck on red Ps (P1) for (atleast) one year and if they have a good driving record they "graduate" to green Ps (P2) for 3 years...so after july new p players will have be on their Ps for ATLEAST 4 years. if you're over 21 you go straight to green Ps for 3 years.

i got my Ps in june 07 so im on for 3 years with reds and im free to drive my supercharged calais. so now all they are doing is sending current (pre-july08) p platers green Ps so that its easier to determine new P1 drivers (licenced after july08) from current p platers. (licenced before july08)

despite green Ps being ugly, it makes perfect sense for us current p platers to get new green Ps so cops know we got our licence BEFORE july08. since new drivers (after july08) will be on red Ps (P1) we are given greens to seperate new p platers from older p platers.

but it would have made more sense, logically and financially, to just give NEW p platers (after july08) the green Ps for one year so that the thousands of current p platers can stay on reds until we qualify for our full licence. no-one is even on green Ps yet so isnt it easier to just give new drivers the greens (and graduate to reds after one year+good record) and leave the old p platers on reds? its just a total waste of time and money getting current p platers just to swap the colour of their plates.

but for those of us who will be forced to swap to greens, thats all that will be happening. that doesnt mean all the new laws (incl. power laws post-july07) will apply to us. i got my Ps before july07 so even though ill have to swap to green Ps after this coming july that doesnt mean im no longer allowed to drive my supercharged calais. all that is changing is the colour of our Ps, whatever laws currently applying to you stay the same after july.

wouldnt it just be easier to give a new unfamiliar colour plate to new unfamiliar drivers and leave the old drivers on the old colour. stupid total unnecessary waste of time and money. what bunch of idiots got paid to come up with this brilliant idea?
Thats fine, but it will only work for a year. After July '09, there will be P platers graduating to P2 (red Ps), and therefore mixing with original red P platers.

So in the end, its a waste of f*cking time and money.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-08, 00:04   #84
adz3174
Player

yeah but by the time new P1 Reds switch to P2 greens in 2009 it wont really matter if the new greens are mixed with the original reds/greens. and not long after that a lot of the original red p platers will have their full licence anyway.

right now green Ps are going to be so unfamiliar for victorians but in 5-10 years time people will be instantly assocciating red Ps with new drivers and will see green Ps as more "experienced" p platers.

but at the end of the day its stupid because they should just give the new colour to the new drivers. not only does that save time and money it also means no adjustment period for drivers and cops etc. with the way they're doing it, its gonna take some time for people to get used to Green Ps meaning OLDER P platers. id also imagine this is going to cause a fair few arguments between cops and drivers who dont understand the new laws properly.

oh well...thats bureaucracy for you.
Old 02-05-08, 00:30   #85
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

But we both agree its epic fail, right?
Old 02-05-08, 00:34   #86
adz3174
Player

oh yeah...its dominating ultimately massive epic infinite fail that totally obliterates the dominating-ultimately-massive-epic-infinite-fail-o-meter.

Last edited by adz3174; 02-05-08 at 00:38.
Old 02-05-08, 00:41   #87
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

It breeds fail and aids into fail and aids so that aforementioned fail and aids are EPIC fail and aids of the UTMOST fail and aids.

Fail and aids.
Old 02-05-08, 00:46   #88
adz3174
Player

not only does the aforementioned dominating ultimately massive epic infinite fail and aids breed dominating ultimately massive epic infinite fail and aids but it...also...sucks like...REAL BAD.

like...totally...dude and what not.
Old 02-05-08, 01:28   #89
benjipsi
Player

Car: junk vl about to get 2nd breath
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to benjipsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by [SLY.747]
gay, ive been displaying p plates for 5 years now, only 3.5 years to go if i dont get caught being an idiot again!!!!!
i want green ones now in that case, something different? lol
HAHAHAHA ME TO
i think i get my full licence when im like 26 or some ****

ahhahaha dazza ''bizaro world''

Last edited by benjipsi; 02-05-08 at 01:29. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
benjipsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-08, 09:54   #90
dash
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz3174
first of all...its adz3174...im not some dickhead dande junkie mofo

heyyy leave dandy outta this ... ahahaha...

ive been here for my whole life... keysi is alright but dandy is better you have to admit..
Old 07-05-08, 20:46   #91
RBPower
Official Member

Car: nike tns
Trader Rating: (5)
Amongst all this, can L platers drive turbo/v8 and have a full carload as long as they have a full licensed passenger with them?
RBPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 20:59   #92
dash
Player

yeah i think L platers stay the same... the L plate laws were introduced last july..
Old 07-05-08, 21:44   #93
adz3174
Player

new L plate laws came in last july, same time as the new power restrictions, but im pretty sure they only apply to P platers. technically the fully licenced supervisor is in control of the car, not the learner, so the power restrictions dont apply.
Old 28-05-08, 21:00   #94
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza102

Yeah great fucken job they are doing... lol

Why couldn't they do all this shit next year when im off my P's all together...

Im confussed as all fuck because they are doing it totally backwards to NSW where, green P = new driver and red P = older driver...

I dont want to fiddle and fuck around getting green P's if its going be 'bizzaro world'...
it's the other way round in NSW, red P's is new driver then onto greens later

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 23:31   #95
-FANATIC-
Player

Car: VL Bt1
Trader Rating: (3)
which states dont have these v8 & turbo rules ??

Perth and S.A ???
-FANATIC- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 23:36   #96
Chemical
Official Member

Car:
why?

if your planning on getting your license in another state to avoid the laws think again, your going to have to comply to the state your driving in's law unless your on holiday etc..
Old 04-06-08, 09:36   #97
cengiz
Acute Realism

Car: office chair, dumped, black leather..arm rests!
Send a message via MSN to cengiz
i saw a learner driving a calais turbo the other night..FULL CAR of teens and the father in the passenger i think..
he was infront of me and because it was a 2 lane road, after the lights it merges into one.. he ****en booted it, hit boost and got infront of the car next to him..

i was like.............................................. .................................f*cking retard, so wished a cop saw u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical
why?

if your planning on getting your license in another state to avoid the laws think again, your going to have to comply to the state your driving in's law unless your on holiday etc..
hes exactyl rite i have a West Australian license, and ive called vicroads and no matter what im not allowed to drive a turbo, V8 or supercharged vehicle, even though in perth when i got my P's there was no such thing as the Hoon law's,

you must comply to the rules of the state your in.

Last edited by cengiz; 04-06-08 at 09:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cengiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 19:58   #98
-FANATIC-
Player

Car: VL Bt1
Trader Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical
why?

the issue at hand is , the nsw p plater license says you are restricted on the actual license. The W.A license doesn't say anything, how on earth can u get done ? Besides ive given the ACT and W.A roads authority some calls already who confirmed it.
-FANATIC- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 20:05   #99
Chemical
Official Member

Car:
what are you trying to get at but..? In Victoria we dont have anything on our license that says we are restricted, but we are.

im fairly sure ACT doesnt have the restrictions, dont quote me on that tho
Old 04-06-08, 20:42   #100
sampo
CARBY FED!! :D

Car: VL 5L
Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via MSN to sampo
LoL ACA get away with everything, lucky pricks
sampo is offline   Reply With Quote