CalaisTurbo New Tags END Ignore Digital Niche Code -->
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
Calais Turbo Advertising

Reply

 

Thread Tools
Old 13-05-08, 12:30   #51
OMIZVL
Official Member
 
OMIZVL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-06-07
Location: QLD, Cairns
Car: Purple VL calais
Trader Rating: (1)
a guy in shepp lost his licence for 1 month.
only evidence was the lady that dobbed in him was prepared to stand up in court.
he pleaded guilty (he actually said "well you guys wont believe me if i say it wasnt me anyway")
and he got charged.
all because of 1 bitchy old lady and a phone call
__________________
VL Turbo: Just hit your self on the head with a hammer, you still have a headache but it doesnt cost nearly as much ;)
OMIZVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 12:33   #52
gyix
Player
 
gyix's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-05
Location: Melbourne, bundoora
Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMIZVL
a guy in shepp lost his licence for 1 month.
only evidence was the lady that dobbed in him was prepared to stand up in court.
he pleaded guilty (he actually said "well you guys wont believe me if i say it wasnt me anyway")
and he got charged.
all because of 1 bitchy old lady and a phone call

see this **** thats what i mean
gyix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 12:40   #53
HDT-VLCLE
The irregular one
 
HDT-VLCLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-07-06
Location: Melbourne, 3154
Trader Rating: (34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurbo
Moral of the story admit to nothing. let them prove you wrong.
This man right here has his head screwed on.

The 5-0 will pretty much rely on information that you volentier, so give them nothing, and you'll be fine.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7FOUR7
Lets all go smoke some weed while cutting hoops outside the cop shop yewww
[/RANT]
HDT-VLCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 12:42   #54
King-3l
WWF loves the Bears
 
King-3l's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26-07-05
Location: NSW, under your mother
Car: VLT in the build, under 2 inches of dust
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to King-3l
I'm dobbing you in Kyle, whats the number?
__________________
I hate my car
.
King-3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 12:47   #55
88_vl_bt1
Can't hate a V8
 
88_vl_bt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25-09-03
Location: Melbourne, South East
Car: HSV
Trader Rating: (42)
Send a message via MSN to 88_vl_bt1
the thing with this is they will twist your words around and make you feel as if they have suffient evidance agenst you when they have nothing, all they need is a confession and your pretty much ****ed, un less the police have seen you actully do it, deny everything and they can't do any thing to you.
88_vl_bt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 12:52   #56
HDT-VLCLE
The irregular one
 
HDT-VLCLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-07-06
Location: Melbourne, 3154
Trader Rating: (34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King-3l
I'm dobbing you in Kyle, whats the number?
Cannabis Rehabilitation Victoria

(03) 9372 1272

Drug Abuse Treatment Centres - Public Welfare Services

It's what friends are for.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7FOUR7
Lets all go smoke some weed while cutting hoops outside the cop shop yewww
[/RANT]
HDT-VLCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 12:54   #57
gyix
Player
 
gyix's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-05
Location: Melbourne, bundoora
Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
do not hoon then you are fine if it is false then it is all fine they wont fine you
gyix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 12:55   #58
misk
what 2jz?
 
misk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29-03-06
Location: Melbourne, coburg
Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to misk
yeah id deny it up until the last second.
one person in court would no way be enough to make a charge.
if it has come to that, then we're all fucked lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO_BT1
You obviously drive stick, but i'm not sure about the monaro.
misk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 14:05   #59
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.
 
5spdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29-07-07
Location: VIC, City
Trader Rating: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyix
do not hoon then you are fine if it is false then it is all fine they wont fine you
No, you're wrong. You could do nothing wrong and they will still try to pin it on you. Theres never any evidence, just driver A's story versus "hoon's" story.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 14:12   #60
mulkers
Official Member
 
mulkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-03-06
Location: VIC, Tongala
Car: VE SS Sportwagon, VL Berlina Turbo, VL 5.0 Berlina, Slocus work hack
Trader Rating: (1)
Even when the car gets impounded, they do not need any evidence, for your car to be taken
__________________
F/S - WTB: Madeira (Red) interior trim pieces
mulkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 14:25   #61
PROGMH
Moderator
 
PROGMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-10-05
Location: VIC, VIC
Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Guilty until proven innocent. Its the only law like it.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 14:40   #62
URHONR
Gold Members
 
URHONR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-04-07
Location: VIC, Northern suburbs
Car: VE SS
Trader Rating: (15)
The hoon law is a joke thats guaranteed
URHONR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 15:00   #63
GM_Weapon
Player
 
GM_Weapon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-03-06
Location: Melbourne, northern suburbs
Car: s15 200sx spec r
Trader Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulkers
Even when the car gets impounded, they do not need any evidence, for your car to be taken
yeh i learned that from experience
GM_Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 16:00   #64
WPN.747
Player
 
WPN.747's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-07
Location: VIC, western suburbs
Trader Rating: (6)
i got called up and i was like i stopped hooning blah blah blah...
20mins later got a phone call off the same dude full harrassing me bout hooing cause he had a 10min phone call with an old lady about me and that if he gets one more call my car will b gone and i wont get it back
__________________
WPN747

why have stupid custom plates, when you can have standard issue ones!
WPN.747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 16:08   #65
gyix
Player
 
gyix's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-05
Location: Melbourne, bundoora
Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
this is all bull **** that this stuff is going on but if you just driv your car like a granny and not dose or make the zorst go off it's nut then you should be fine so my car is loud as and i never had one call to my house as i never do stupid stuff maby the odd slid if i push it to much round a corner
gyix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 16:29   #66
PROGMH
Moderator
 
PROGMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-10-05
Location: VIC, VIC
Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPN.747
i got called up and i was like i stopped hooning blah blah blah...
20mins later got a phone call off the same dude full harrassing me bout hooing cause he had a 10min phone call with an old lady about me and that if he gets one more call my car will b gone and i wont get it back
Thats only if theres evidence or the person is willing to testify in court.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 16:44   #67
Spool-Up
Player
 
Join Date: 07-02-08
Location: Sydney, nsw
Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostn vl
i was going 140 in a 60 zone , the cops were stoped at an intersection zone n when i went past i didnt notice them,
Sooo you were going 140 in a 60 zone through an intersection?? Thats more then double the limit you idiot thats why they brought in these hoon laws.
__________________
-

I like my women the way i like my coffee, ground up and in the freezer.
Spool-Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 16:50   #68
boostn vl
Player
 
boostn vl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17-12-07
Location: NSW, tweed
Car: vz clubsport 6.7 turbo vl turbo,
Trader Rating: (0)
^^^would u like a bandana and plastic sword u should change your user name to internet warrior
boostn vl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 17:05   #69
King-3l
WWF loves the Bears
 
King-3l's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26-07-05
Location: NSW, under your mother
Car: VLT in the build, under 2 inches of dust
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to King-3l
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostn vl
^^^would u like a bandana and plastic sword u should change your user name to internet warrior
Would you like to borrow a bit of punctuation? Go on, my shout??
__________________
I hate my car
King-3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 17:09   #70
Chemical
Official Member
 
Join Date: 21-02-06
Location: Melbourne, South East Suburbs
Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to Chemical
lol i dont even see how he was being an e-hero?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by COPB8T
is it the gen 3 or ls1?
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 17:15   #71
SirGeo
Administrator
 
SirGeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-10-02
Location: Melbourne, S.E.
Car: '67 Camaro in the Build... And still looking for a stock'ish BT1
Trader Rating: (40)
Send a message via ICQ to SirGeo Send a message via MSN to SirGeo
...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image002.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	19795  
SirGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 17:18   #72
Spool-Up
Player
 
Join Date: 07-02-08
Location: Sydney, nsw
Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
hahaha boostn_vl is the guy who got banned a while ago for saying that anyone who doesnt drive their vl to the limit is a pussy and that whats the point in having a fast car if your not going to drive it to the limit?

Lmao you should still be banned, especially with recent quotes (from another thread) like these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostn vl
i am a safer driver when im drunk i always follow the rules and dont speed or anything because i dont wanto draw attention to myself and get pulled over,
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostn vl
im just sayn i drive on the speed limit and am alot more cautious and follow the rules when im drunk but when im not i do what i want i didnt say my reaction time was better
You sound like a typical knob, no one is a better driver when drunk, drunk drivers deserve to crash. Someone should ban this guy again.
__________________
-

I like my women the way i like my coffee, ground up and in the freezer.

Last edited by Spool-Up; 13-05-08 at 17:21.
Spool-Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 17:40   #73
boostn vl
Player
 
boostn vl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17-12-07
Location: NSW, tweed
Car: vz clubsport 6.7 turbo vl turbo,
Trader Rating: (0)
sorry for making u feel so sad, ring up the hoon line and dob me in if im making u so upset.
boostn vl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 17:49   #74
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.
 
5spdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29-07-07
Location: VIC, City
Trader Rating: (22)
I'm going to call it right now....

Edit: Ok. 1800 333 000 is actually CrimeStoppers, who fill out a report which is given to a police investigator. She was immediately on the back foot when I started asking questions about how it worked regarding evidence etc. I managed to get the CrimeStoppers website out of her; only because she advised me that people would be charged when reported as being involved in "behaviour defined as hooning under the legislation". When I asked her what that was, she continually asked why. I didn't want to get angry with her, but I wanted to know where I could read up about it.

http://www.vic.crimestoppers.com.au/...x?CrimeId=1288

This is the link I was given to find out about the definition on hooning. All I could find was this:

Quote:
Drivers who choose to exceed the speed by over 45km/h, engage in dangerous driving practices or street race against other motorists are amongst those who may have had to stand by and watch their vehicle being towed away for an initial 48 hours.

Repeat offenders can lose their vehicle for three months, with three-time and above recidivists at risk of losing their vehicle permanently.
Followed by:

Quote:
However Mr Lay said it was important for the public to recognise that while reports from the public provided important information for police, offenders still need to be caught in the act to have their vehicle taken off them.

“Police will not be impounding cars simply because a report has been made – the information will be used to give a picture of hoon behaviour in the local area and assist police in planning enforcement activity,” he said.
With this as what seems to be justification:

Quote:
Crime Stoppers CEO Peter Sprott said serious public concern about hoon drivers has already been reflected in the calls received by Crime Stoppers prior to the hotline. “Hoon driving is now the second highest category of reports in most months, following illegal drug reports,” he said.
1) Not once do they define hoon behaviour speficially.
2) May be second highest to drug reports, but how many fatalities are because of it [hooning] compared to drugs?

Last edited by 5spdvl; 13-05-08 at 18:02.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 18:10   #75
misk
what 2jz?
 
misk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29-03-06
Location: Melbourne, coburg
Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to misk
lol what a blatant waste of resources, time and money.

so they've set up a hotline to gather information to help build a picture of behavior based on allegations made with no solid proof until proven otherwise.

what a grand society we live in...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO_BT1
You obviously drive stick, but i'm not sure about the monaro.
misk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger