User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
Tyres Now

Old 07-05-08, 13:49   #101
GMH-JC
3VOM

Car: 1950 Single Spinner (3VOM), 64 Rat Beetle, Japanese Rat Bobber
Trader Rating: (47)
Well Done Brett, I am now inspired by your letter, and would be happy to be a part of the meets. I just hope that the same will come from the other party and as suggested, try and give him a call even if you dont have his number.

EDIT: you beat me to the post..lol
GMH-JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 14:08   #102
PSIWOG
Gold Members

Car: Audi
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to PSIWOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH
Ive tried calling. I asked for an email address too but the only thing they would give me is a fax number. They wouldnt put me through to him and were asking what its regarding etc.

Ill see how this first contact goes and move on from there.

The thing is im not trying to organise something sinister with an alterior motive... its just plain and simple... we want somewhere to hang out and not be harassed, they dont want us racing... win win.
If it doesnt work mate let me know ill try to speak with the cop i spoke to. Im assuming this is frasnkston station ? just let me know how it goes
Old 07-05-08, 14:12   #103
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
No he this bloke is based around Nunawadding / Oakleigh somewhere.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 14:52   #104
PSIWOG
Gold Members

Car: Audi
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to PSIWOG
no worries mate, well see how ya go.
Old 07-05-08, 22:18   #105
chasdm
WHY

Car: 87'BT1, Ba ute, MY08 GT-b wagon
Trader Rating: (3)
good worx back ya 100%
Would it be better to organize these meets
to be not so often, monthly or even longer.Even at different sites.
Just to make them more of a special event,something to look forward too.
People/Drivers/Enthusists might think twice about ruining or causing
problems for everyone else.
The novelty might wear off if it's every week or so at the same place.
We all know you will always get the same old D... heads trying to show off
there "hotted up" cars with there exhaust and tunes leavin doin a single spinnin
burn out
Just a thought

Last edited by chasdm; 10-05-08 at 23:33.
chasdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-08, 15:47   #106
PROGMH

Car:
Well its been a week since I first faxed. Ive sent two so far and Ive also emailed him... no response.
Old 15-05-08, 15:49   #107
Bax

Car: Pushbike
Trader Rating: (41)
Government department though, I guess everythings working alot slower then normal.

Leave it another week or so and then follow up with a phone call if you can.

Otherwise I suggest faxing him a scan of your ass.
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-08, 13:12   #108
PROGMH

Car:
I got the email address of another senior sergeant. I emailed him a week ago... still nothing. I might try calling soon and try to get put through to them again.
Old 28-05-08, 17:56   #109
Antranik
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (12)
What youre trying to do its tops, hope it works!
Antranik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-08, 18:03   #110
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Trader Rating: (22)
Any word? Maybe a visit in person?
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-08, 20:23   #111
PROGMH

Car:
Nothing yet... Ive tried three different people, two faxes, three emails and calling.
Ill call again when I get some free time. I know ive got the right email addresses so theyre most likely ignoring me.
Old 28-05-08, 20:31   #112
Raptor
Anjunabeats!

Car:
Trader Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH
As we're all aware there is and has been for quite some time an uneasy feeling between the police and young car enthusiasts such as ourselves. We're all worried that theyre going to pull us up and give us a hard time because we're young and we like to spend copious amounts of our hard earned wages into our pride and joy.

What I have in mind is having a chat to a senior member of the force in the south eastern suburbs and try to organise a 'safe zone'. What I mean by that is that there is an organised carpark somewhere where we can all go on a friday night and meet up, have a chat, show off our cars and just generally catch up with mates (basically as we do on the highway now). I propose that there be police presence... set up a booze bus... defect pieces of **** and blatantly obvious dangerous vehicles.
It would be on the proviso that we dont do burnouts, race, drink drive or act like idiots and rub it in thier faces.
It will attract idiots... I would advise the police to treat these idiots as they should be treated... we should write down rego's of people leaving doing burnouts etc.

Wouldnt it be good to know that there is a spot every friday night to meet up, see some nice cars, catch up with friends and not have to worry about the force rocking up and blocking the area off so that they can defect everyone one by one.

It would work well for us... it would work well for them. They'll know where everyone is! They'll know we're not creating mayhem or drink driving.

Obviously if I went and had a chat to someone then I would need the support of alot of people to try to persuade them to give the idea a go. They do it in other states... so why not here.
Hot rodders get treated well because they dont misbehave (as much) and there are 100 times more hot rod events and meets than street machine / newer car meet ups. Can we behave?

Would you be interested? Would you show me your support?

Brett.

Sounds good imo! just as long as they dont turn.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-08, 20:35   #113
DVS VL280
Player

Car: DVSVLT, VEPSI and VXPSI
Trader Rating: (2)
with u 100%
Old 28-05-08, 20:38   #114
THC
Player

Car: 04 cv8 monaro 300rwk. Vl calais turbo project. White Vl sl turbo.
Trader Rating: (9)
from the sounds of these new epa /defect stations sounds like they are trying to get every thing "not standed" off the road witch is bull sh#t . would be good if they worked some thing out with us "people in the car scene" then maybe we wouldnt have this "you vs Me" kinda thing every time a copper pulls some 1 over with a nice car.
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-08, 20:41   #115
Raptor
Anjunabeats!

Car:
Trader Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC
from the sounds of these new epa /defect stations sounds like they are trying to get every thing "not standed" off the road witch is bull sh#t . would be good if they worked some thing out with us "people in the car scene" then maybe we wouldnt have this "you vs Me" kinda thing every time a copper pulls some 1 over with a nice car.

nicely said.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-08, 20:56   #116
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
not a bad letter

they'll have lots of issues to consider before replying so it may take some time for them to get back to you. Yes call them down the track though if you don't get a call from them

things to consider

you'd also need to have a time frame in mind: how long do you propose each event lasts?

and remember it'd effectively take one or two cops off the road for the period, they may naturally be unwilling to do that as everyone wants police out there on the road. it'd likely be too big a commitment for what gain at their end in terms of community safety etc?

wet weather plan??? they'd be very pissed off if they commit but weather results in nobody turning up to the event

and lastly, they will be very busy so you may have to look at dates summer coming up, perhaps a trial one first to gauge success or otherwise?

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 08:30   #117
PROGMH

Car:
I GOT A REPLY!

He needs to know approximately how many cars attending and also where the proposed locations are. I was thinking there might be 50-80 cars to start with but I need some locations.

Guys throw some locations at me.

Must be: away from princes highway
Must be lit up

Do you think ill need permission to use thier car parks?
Old 02-06-08, 09:41   #118
cengiz
Acute Realism

Car: office chair, dumped, black leather..arm rests!
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to cengiz
the carpark where VSS cruise was last, across Fountain Gate shopping centre where JB-hifi is i think, but thats kinda on the corner of princess / Narre Cranbourne road, its always lit up, and i dont think you haveto pay or ask to use the carpark, its always open, no gates, and its public property in the end i presume, VSS cruise has had 2 cruise meets their

its a BIGG carpark so consider it.

PS: im in for the meet.
Old 02-06-08, 09:44   #119
PROGMH

Car:
Yeah thats a pretty good spot. Im open to others too.
Old 02-06-08, 10:00   #120
PLZB-18
TEERTSTE

Car: a myth vlt
bunnings on warrigul rd theirs lights heaps of spots its away from the hwy
Old 02-06-08, 10:14   #121
PROGMH

Car:
Are the lights on at night? Those two spots sound good.
Old 02-06-08, 10:16   #122
PLZB-18
TEERTSTE

yeah lights are on at night and it is a pretty big open space because it has shops next 2 the bunnings 2 wich have their own carpark but its in the one complex sort of thing if u get what im saying
Old 02-06-08, 10:17   #123
PROGMH

Car:
OH I know the one youre talking about... ill put it as one of the spots but its very close to the highway.
Old 02-06-08, 10:22   #124
PLZB-18
TEERTSTE

not really man its a good 5 or 6 k's i reckon

and also whats with not having it close 2 the hwy if their are cops there isnt it gonna keep every1 in line so it wont really be that bad and people that dont know about it soon as they drive past and see cop cars they're gonna not come because they think the cops will be defecting every1
Old 02-06-08, 11:29   #125
cengiz
Acute Realism

Car: office chair, dumped, black leather..arm rests!
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to cengiz
PROGMH, i have an idea.

This could possibly elminate any tagg-alongs who "claim" to be apart of the meet etc.

Why dont you write up something on word with a space for drivers or car-owners to put in their number plates before attending the meet.
So basicaly, something like..

This notice is for identification purposes only, and hereby proves that ________ is a welcome participant of this event.

in the blank area you state your number plates, so if police do see anyone acting up, pull them over they can also ask for this notice and if the driver sais..WTF r u on about, what notice. then police will know they are not part of our crowd ?

anyone who wishes to attend the meet will haveto either PM PROGMH or request a notice, because you dont want 16 year old kids printing off 50 copies from a public link to the notice, just to pass onto their 18 year old mates with ford lasers (mite i add not including PLZB-18's sleaper RB26 f/laser) and magna's...

perhaps this will allow the police to see a clearer picture of who is in our crowd and who is just their without envite, and to run a muck.

because in the end we are trying to settle something with the authorities by proving we are their for a goodtime, and no criminal offences, correct ?

i guess if anyone wanted to envite their mates to come along to the meet and bring their mates cars, they can request also to just copy the notice, and when you request if u can copy the notice youl give your plates to PROGMH or any other organiser of the event just for tracking purposes.. so if someone who is a tagg long, somehow gets a copy of the notice but hasnt given his/her plates to the organiser for record purposes, then you can say..i havnt got his plates but he managed to get a copy of the notice, anyone and everyone at this event who is MENT to be here has requested to be here through me via calaisturbo.com.au.

etc and etc.

Last edited by cengiz; 02-06-08 at 12:08.
cengiz is offline   Reply With Quote