Tyres Now

Old 16-03-08, 20:18   #76
Chemical
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to Chemical
^exactly mate

What they should be doing is giving us a place and a time to meet and do our thing, get to know a few local cops, have a chat etc

i think the best way to go abouts holding a meet once a month or wotever is by making it a bit of a charity event, where everyone donates a gold coin on entry and all funds go towards a particular foundation..if the bikies do it so should we, i always see them in the news "bikies cruising for charity..raising money for the royal childerns hospital" or wotever

i think that by doing that we will not only gain the support of police but also redeem a postive image
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-08, 00:02   #77
trk-jet
Player

Car: vl calais turbo s2 300rwkw :)
Trader Rating: (4)
il back this up 100% i reckon its a very good idea expecially if we have young car enthusiast not doing anything wrong like hooning we can show people that its only a fair few young p platers wrecking it for the rest of us
trk-jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-08, 23:39   #78
Danny_Boy
MYGMH-6

Trader Rating: (9)
I think its a great idea... it would give people a chance to show off cars, n catch up without to much fear of getting defected and wat-not. And also changing spots every week would not only cut down the idiots wrecking it for everyone it would also somewhere "new" to drive to. with the right organisation it could be done
Danny_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-08, 11:41   #79
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Well this is on the back burner for now. Im too busy with other things to follow it up.
Furthermore I just dont think it is going to work. Itll cause arguments and there will be non stop hassles.

For now, its on the shelf.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-08, 15:23   #80
HDT-VLCLE
The irregular one

Trader Rating: (34)
That sucks, but even still. I doubt it would work, cops love to be assholes.
[/RANT]
HDT-VLCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 12:39   #81
GTR-071
Player

Car: LC Coupe, VH SLE Daily
Trader Rating: (0)
It could work. If you could (not sure about legalities etc) write a letter on behalf of the CT website with a CT logo etc on it then maybe you wouldn't be generalized into the catergory of 'hoons.'
Instead it would be an official group thats trying to stand out from all the knobs on the road, at the meetings you bring something that says 'Calais Turbo' on it. ( i think someone has a flag or a tie up banner, i saw one at the calais turbo shed at easternats.) That way people who are there to enjoy cars and to have a good chat and it would be easier for the cops to distinguish between tossers and people that actually just want to cruise and talk about their cars.
Just throwing out ideas, anyone from CT could just whack a CT sticker on their rear windscreen or something. And yeah the charity thing is a really good way to promote us. Its not as if we could get negative attention for funding a charity like the cancer foundation or anything like that?
And yeah basically what everyones been saying, it just takes one idiot to stuff up the whole thing, thats why i think the CT idea would work.
Just keep in mind if someone that had a CT sticker on the back of their window got caught rippin a massive skid on boost, you'd all be stuffed. Hopefully this can work.

Last edited by GTR-071; 01-05-08 at 12:41.
GTR-071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 12:48   #82
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
Good Thinking Tom thats a great idea, why arent you at school though? haha
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 12:53   #83
GTR-071
Player

Haha, why aren't you at work mate. Nah i got tafe today so had the morning off.
Old 01-05-08, 14:15   #84
PROGMH

Car:
Interesting idea tommy... I might talk to Steve about it... although I think he will be tougher to convince than the popo!
Old 01-05-08, 14:31   #85
HDT-VLCLE
The irregular one

Trader Rating: (34)
Doubt it.

That would mean anyone that puts a CT.com.au sticker on their car would be officially representing the site. Then it would backfire... CT would be labeled a community of hoons by the likes of ACC and TT, and by other useless journalist too.
[/RANT]
HDT-VLCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 15:15   #86
R8DXXX
Player

Car: 2011 AUDI A4
good idea for the safety zone but cops being cops the second you cross the border from the "safety zone" watch them pull ya over, they will just kick bak waiting for people to leave so they can canary u
R8DXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 20:24   #87
GTR-071
Player

Well Brett, why dont you find some details out about the meet over at Cranbourne race course. Next time its on just ask who organizes it, if they make any donations to charity etc. They never get targeted by cops do they? In theory the whole idea is really good. But practically i doubt it would work. I think its probably better if people that want to meet up or people that are going out cruising on a Friday night just start a thread in this section.
Basically, you could get canary'd any time the cops want to be ass holes, whether your being a knob or not, whether your with a massive group of other cars or not.
Brett, what your suggesting, is this a meet up held at night? For some reason i think police are more intolerant of large groups of drivers at night. I'm just saying this because every day cruise I've been on, cops have never been a hassle whereas most of the night cruises, the cops are *******s. Maybe this is because of what happened at Noble park, or maybe the cops just think that theres more ****head drivers out at night? Making it a Sunday arvo or Saturday could change the belief that the cops have on us. When you think about it, most hot rod shows are held in the afternoon, they never get hassled. Just another thought.
Old 02-05-08, 12:15   #88
PROGMH

Car:
The thing about hot rods though is that almost none of them ever break the law! Theyre older more mature owners. When was the last time you saw a hotrod race or donut an intersection up!
Old 02-05-08, 12:51   #89
Bax

Car: Pushbike
Trader Rating: (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH
I havnt thought of a location yet, give me a few days or even if anyone has any recommendations please pm me. Keep it away from knox, think of a well lit area and preferably away from housing.
I guess your best bet would be to try and setup a meeting with someone from the Traffic Department of the Police Force. That would ideally be your first step. Maybe they would have a location for you aswell.

Petitions aren't personal enough, and it's more of a demanding action. I'd go for a phone call and ask if you could speak to someone that can help you out, even if you get some kind of Public relations person to start you off maybe you could set up further meetings from there.

I think it's a great idea and there should be more of it.
People are forgetting that it works both ways, if they let you meet and play safe without giving you a hard time and defects, in return they get more respect from the community and everyone gets what they want.

On the other hand if they start defecting you in mass proportions on the first night it happens, pull the pin. It doesn't happen again and the car community pull out of the deal on the basis that it was not how it was intended to happen and won't happen again.

I'd support it definitely if I was down that way.

And hey, first few meetings you can always turn up in your parents car that can't be defected and see what happens.
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-08, 14:01   #90
cengiz
Acute Realism

Car: office chair, dumped, black leather..arm rests!
Send a message via MSN to cengiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIXIE
i'll support this 100%
i Understand where dixie is coming from, he'd support any oppertunity to take his car out without getting slapped with a Yellow sticker.

I think its an excellent idea pro` if your going to do it you'de need our support and for us to show up to prove to the cops that where not all idiots in autobahn magna's and super-cheap commodores.. lol *thinks of beast club*

nah but you got me thinking mate, good idea.
i can see where most of u are coming from when u say "cops **** us hard on the road". last cruise i went on with dixie, selo, plzb18, vlcjet, some other boys, as soon as we turned into ferntree gully rd carwash, cops got there before we did.. all i saw was like 7 vlt's charging up the highway running from yellow's lol

so i guess proving to the authority that were not all tarts is a start.
nice idea mate.

but in saying this, if police want to examine a car they think looks unroad worthy, and it infact ISNT! then your fault for turning up.
but if your safe and got nothing to hide, got the papers to show it. then let the cops search ALL they want.
Old 06-05-08, 11:50   #91
PROGMH

Car:
Quote:
Dear Senior Sergeant Pluim,

***** ******* has put me on to you from ****** TMU (*****). He mentioned you were the man to speak to and that you were very approachable.

The reason for my letter is that I want to propose a meeting spot for local car enthusiasts around your area. I would really like your assistance in selecting a location and having a police presence at the meets.

I am sure you will agree with me when I say there are problems in regards to the behaviour of car enthusiasts and also a respect problem between them and the police force. What I am proposing is to get both parties to work together by organising weekly or fortnightly meet ups with police presence. The only thing we want is to meet up, look at and talk about cars without always having concerns of being ‘moved on’. In saying that though I would want anything that is blatantly illegal and dangerous to be acted on accordingly – This only drags down our image.

There would be no burnouts, racing or any illegal activities occurring in regards to these meet ups. I would like them to be positive and even family orientated.
I am sure you have heard of the Knox cruise nights and this is a perfect example of how I see this type of thing going.

As with all things there would be people turning up that did not have our views in mind and these people would need to be acted on so as not to ruin the proposed meets.

This is in the best interests of both parties’. We would get a designated area to meet up and see friends and have a general chat about all things automotive and you would know where everyone is, know what they are up to and can keep an eye on things. I feel this is in the best interests of the community too.

Other states have fortnightly meet ups and have a booze bus parked right in the middle of the car park. The officers chat to the enthusiasts and it’s a really positive thing and keeps the police force in touch with the car enthusiasts rather than making every contact a negative one. I think it would be a great initiative and so do the hundreds of people I have spoken to regarding this.

I would be most grateful if you could contact me further in regards to this. I am interested in your thoughts about it and also in regards to location.

My contact details are:

Email: *****************
Phone: ****************

Yours Sincerely,

Brett ********

Thats pretty much the letter I am going to send to this bloke. He is head of the TMU for the East / Sth East area. I rang the TMU and they only gave me his fax details so thats how it is going to be.

Your thoughts? Anything I should add / remove? I dont want to make it any longer though or he wont read it.

Brett
Old 06-05-08, 12:07   #92
YEP_boost
UONP - We will kill you

Car: VLCT/VY ADVENTRA LX8
Trader Rating: (36)
Just get it away from the highway and you will have some form of hope!
YEP_boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-08, 12:08   #93
Bax

Car: Pushbike
Trader Rating: (41)
Looks good to me, it's specific and to the point. And as you said if you add any more he may not want to read it.

Doesn't really say anything about the police not defecting every car that came into this safe zone, but I guess if he calls you further details can be arranged.

Professor Plum in the Kitchen with the Revolver.
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-08, 12:09   #94
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Trader Rating: (22)
Looks good Brett. Few grammatical errors here, and there, but its got the right feeling.

Something I've thought about regarding these meet ups is a way to identify ourselves from people who just "rock up" - t shirts, or some sticker ID on your car, etc. That way we can outlaw our own should they try to ruin it for the rest of us.

Failing that, their behaviour will surely make them stand out.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-08, 12:15   #95
IEVLVX
Player

Car: top secret
Trader Rating: (1)
great letter brett.. just had a read of it, and i think they will either like there idea or hate. but good to see your trying to do something for us car lovers. a big thumps up to you, for trying to get something happening and having a shoot at it!!
IEVLVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 07:29   #96
PSIWOG
Gold Members

Car: Audi
Send a message via MSN to PSIWOG
Great idea Brett, im happy to come down the the station and have a word with the TMU boss. Had a word with him about organising one of my cruises and he was helpful. PM me if you need my help Brett. It WILL work if we continue to work alongside the police...... when wankers get the message that there rego will be taken down by US then they will take there anticks somewhere else.
Old 07-05-08, 13:01   #97
PROGMH

Car:
Well the letter has been faxed today at 1pm. Hopefully I hear a response soon whether it be positive or negative. Even just a response would be great.
Old 07-05-08, 13:18   #98
xchser
ALLSTAR UNION

Car: VL BT1 & ?????????
Trader Rating: (3)
Nice reading great idea Bret, hopefuly tmu see the benefits of organising something like this
Old 07-05-08, 13:35   #99
PSIWOG
Gold Members

Car: Audi
Send a message via MSN to PSIWOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH
Well the letter has been faxed today at 1pm. Hopefully I hear a response soon whether it be positive or negative. Even just a response would be great.
Can i suggest you call them rather than just the fax. They may not take it very seriously at the start. If they have a voice on the phone they will take more notice.
Old 07-05-08, 13:44   #100
PROGMH

Car:
Ive tried calling. I asked for an email address too but the only thing they would give me is a fax number. They wouldnt put me through to him and were asking what its regarding etc.

Ill see how this first contact goes and move on from there.

The thing is im not trying to organise something sinister with an alterior motive... its just plain and simple... we want somewhere to hang out and not be harassed, they dont want us racing... win win.