User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
Calais Turbo Advertising

Old 26-02-08, 13:20   #51
[DANNY]
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
how about bunnings on princess hwy, thatd fit a fair few cars/people in, and noone needs it or will have to be there past a certain hour.
[DANNY] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-08, 09:48   #52
thorpa
Player

Car: blue ova silver vlturbo
Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via MSN to thorpa
im all in for this

http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=61263
thorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 01:34   #53
SII_Turbo
People read these?

Car: with wheels
Trader Rating: (17)
Bunnings moorabbin!!! on warragul rd there!
SII_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 12:01   #54
GMFA18
no longer

Car: 1D008D VK BT1
Trader Rating: (1)
Great idea Brett,
I believe the location needs to be well away from princes hwy, the ****heads will always come and go but the police will squeeze them out and if all the good people don't get scared away it will get better each week/month.
GMFA18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 12:09   #55
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Thanks Rick, Im trying to keep it awayish from the highway because we all know what will happen - itll end up being a huge meet spot for racing. There has been a few good ideas in terms of locations that I am going to chase up before I speak to the man.

Brett
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 12:17   #56
Katsa
Gold Members

Car: [EX.RTA] Kimberly bronze BT1
Trader Rating: (7)
safeway carpark behind chapel st...loll
Went past it last night on the way back from the highway and miss how that place was
Good idea you got mate hope it works out but as alot off people have said we'd prob be doing the jacks a favour and boxing ourselves in
Old 01-03-08, 12:22   #57
PROGMH

Car:
It wont be at coles on chapel st... thats for sure.

For those that consider it to be 'boxing ourselves in for the cops' then what exactly do you think cruising the highway for 3 or 4 hours every friday night is doing? you think they cant pull you up? You think they dont know where people go?
Old 02-03-08, 23:09   #58
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
i will second the nepean hwy bunnings which also has your rays outdoors, supercheap auto, whatever else

i will also second the warrigul rd / cochrans rd BUT i know from experience there is some windy roads behind there that already have issues with 18yo sliders in thrashed r32s trying to drift through there, so possibly won't get police support in that area.

- Mitch
Old 02-03-08, 23:24   #59
thorpa
Player

Car: blue ova silver vlturbo
Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via MSN to thorpa
should think of somwhere in themiddle of somwhere so that evry1 doesent have to travel 2 hours evryweek like my self

http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=61263
thorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 07:03   #60
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpa
should think of somwhere in themiddle of somwhere so that evry1 doesent have to travel 2 hours evryweek like my self
What? somewhere away from the places that everyone already cruises?
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 07:43   #61
PROGMH

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpa
I travel an hour and im on the south east side!
Its not going to be anywhere near north / west suburbs thats for sure. Itll be central south east.

Thanks for the ideas guys, keep em coming.
Old 12-03-08, 17:30   #62
noysy
Player

Car:
DFO moorabin?

just off the top of my head, not sure if its lit up though?

I like the idea though... though people will tell people, and you will get all the idiots starting to come. Who ruin it for everyone else who is trying to do the right thing.
noysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-08, 09:09   #63
PROGMH

Car:
Yeah Im starting to think that maybe its not the best idea. I know that even if we meet in the same spot a few weeks in a row it starts attracting tools who play up and get the wrong attention.
Old 13-03-08, 09:16   #64
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
What about a Bunnings car park? The close at 9pm and have huge carparks, you would need to get the ok from them first of course. You could organise a few different places maybe 3 or 4, change each week, it could keep the trouble makers away a bit.
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-08, 22:21   #65
XEC747
328 PSI biteforce

Car: VL, VR, VE
Trader Rating: (9)
If the police were to only pick on the knobs, it would be profitable for them. Then leave us alone at the same time as we could be used "bait", then everybody wins aslong as the police are responsible in not picking on the enthusiasts that aren't breaking the law.
Old 14-03-08, 22:56   #66
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Trader Rating: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH
Thanks misk.

That officer was actually talking about a different club. But you're on the ball with the other ideas and making a bit more of a friendly family atmosphere.
This cop is actually a car nut which helps!

I need a list of 3-4 locations so that I can check them all out, talk to the owners to get approval before I even speak to the police.

I remember the Cranbourne cruise nights used to be near bunnings and they used to sit a police car right at the entrance... NO ONE mucked around. As soon as the police presence was removed everyone misbehaved and the event got closed down. Theyve now moved it to a much better location (grass oval, one way in one way out).

But feed me some ideas guys... any of you work / know owners that have big lit up areas / warehouse carparks etc. I'd like to get the OK from one or two places before I go and chat to the police because I want it to look like Ive done my homework and not just rocked up unplanned.
I've skipped the rest of the thread, so I hope I haven't missed something.

What about Chelsea Heights Mitre 10 carpark? It gets used all the time for south east pre meets, as well as hot rod shows. Its massive, is nowehere near houses (cnr Springvale & Edithvale Rds), and only has one entrance/exit (I think?). Theres also Maccas, Subway, KFC, Dominos, petrol station, etc across the road.

Bad points are there is a Dan Murphys right in the middle (closes at 8:30pm Fri/Sat), and there is a sports bar thats open on the weekends (potential for drunken fights).

Just my thoughts.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-08, 23:04   #67
Chemical
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to Chemical
hmm i had an idea while at work on thursday..my family own a few factorys in the industrial section of dandenong..one has a huge yard that plenty of cars can fit in + its on private property + gates can be locked so unwanted "guests" cant come in

but i dont own it my grandad does n i doubt he would really let it happen, even tho he loves cars lol
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-08, 08:17   #68
PROGMH

Car:
Good idea 5spdvl.

Thanks Chemical but Im wanting to stay away from Dandenong. Its a known hot spot and has been for 30 years.

Im still going to pursue this but Ive just been absolutely flat out lately - changing jobs in a few weeks etc... but the ideas you guys have come up with have been great.

Ill definately keep everyone updated with whats happening.
Old 16-03-08, 11:05   #69
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
I have been know to frequent this sports bar at Chelsea Heights, thursday nights arent really that busy there, they have a really good security guy, and the mitre 10 car park is huge. There are only 2 ways into it aswell.
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-08, 12:18   #70
deano692
Player

Car: vlct s2
Send a message via MSN to deano692
100%
Old 16-03-08, 12:35   #71
HDT-VLCLE
The irregular one

Trader Rating: (34)
Sounds good in concept, but thats just that. Imagine if pettet or wolfe decide to make an appearance.

When my calais is back on the road, whatever mods I do I intend to have engineered, so if some smartass cop wants to be a prick they can't do ****... Won't stop defects for things like bald tyers etc but, but thats no where near as bad as a EPA notice or anything.

I'd be in, but I don't even have a car on the road so it doesn't count for much. But when it comes down to it, I don't trust cops when it comes to this sort of stuff, and for good reason.
[/RANT]
HDT-VLCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-08, 12:58   #72
bar0034
Player

Car: VS SS, VU SS
Trader Rating: (2)
Would be a fantastic idea i was telling my dad about this (hes a copper) and he reckons stuff like this will like be deffinatley a no with other coppers and once one or two people f**k up it stuffs it up for everyone

haha HDT-VLCLE u from frankston or something is that how u no "wolfe" hes a tight arse

Last edited by bar0034; 16-03-08 at 13:00.
bar0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-08, 13:20   #73
PROGMH

Car:
So your dad thinks that theres no chance? Is he TMU? Yeah Wolfe is a hard ass... but thats why I dont want it near Frankston or Knox.
Old 16-03-08, 14:19   #74
Chemical
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to Chemical
Quote:
Originally Posted by bar0034
Would be a fantastic idea i was telling my dad about this (hes a copper) and he reckons stuff like this will like be deffinatley a no with other coppers and once one or two people f**k up it stuffs it up for everyone

haha HDT-VLCLE u from frankston or something is that how u no "wolfe" hes a tight arse
thats the thing that sh!ts me, the negative attitude a mojority of cops have when it comes to people wanting to enjoy their cars...if we as a group are trying to do the right thing by the law and them why should there be a problem?...if an enthusiastic group such as our selves want to put together a regular meeting spot that is under the supervision of police i dont see why they should just rock up and slap canarys on everyones cars...if they honestly mean that they want to reduce the road toll etc why dont they have these sort of things where we can come to a safe environment and do things legally..
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-08, 15:09   #75
PROGMH

Car:
Well said Chemical. Thats basically what Im getting at.

I honestly dont think that all police want us to hate our lives and do nothing fun... but to just do it safely - thats why I proposed with their supervision and support.

Clearly what theyre currently doing (TAC ads, hoon laws, speeding fines, defects) arent working because the road toll isnt going down, young blokes still race, and there is still hatred for police with alot of people being treated unfairly.

Dont try to fight it, play by thier rules or itll never work.
Cant just sit there and do nothing... can you?