CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 24-02-08, 14:00   #26
THC
Player

Car: 04 cv8 monaro 300rwk. Vl calais turbo project. White Vl sl turbo.
Trader Rating: (9)
they would probly use it as a trap in the end lol MAS defect night for the copperz and most done up cars raped also i know of a car that got told to be toed home because it was 2 low and had 19s and they were not doing any thing wrong [ we need some 1 with a big azz farm to make a place to meet up lol ]
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 15:47   #27
Chemical
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to Chemical
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DANNY
]brett you said yourself hot rodders have heaps of shows and stuff like that, TRUE they do, so why dont we? why isnt sandown racecourse open some weekends to so called "hoons"? as far as i know there are only a hand full of events that happen there throughout the year.

and i also hear that the place is going down the drain...
you only have to put 2 and 2 together.

why couldnt sandown be open to the public?
people pay to watch/drive, people can meet up and catch up with friends as you suggested and the "hoons" (or as i like to call em... P PLATERS!) can get the adrenaline rush theyre after.
1 - think about the costs, opening sandown park everyweekend for us c*nts to come down n burn it up would cost alot more than you would expect, and i highly doubt everyone on here is willing to pay that money when we can go down to a "designated legal drag strip" i.e calder park

2 - incoporated in those costs would be safety marshals etc

3 - sandown park is sarounded by houses and they have already b!tched about easternats which is once a year so i dont think they will be in support of having a weekly meet up

i do understand where your coming from but its never going to happen

Brett i think this is a great idea and i would back it 100% but without sounding like an arogant prick i hate cops, and regardless what anyone says even if they are present everyone is still going to cop it, i dont trust them, although the one at the meet wont do anything whos to say that TMU isnt waiting down the road for all of us to leave

i would be interested to see where this will go, i dont think that talking to cops will have any harm, i also think that if the message gets across that we mean no harm, just want to have a good time and enjoy our cars, they might ease up and have some sort of respect for us

its worth a shot
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 15:51   #28
<NICK>
Player

Car: 1986 VL SL Turbo
Trader Rating: (0)
ill support it
<NICK> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 15:56   #29
SII_Turbo
People read these?

Car: with wheels
Trader Rating: (17)
Ive been to cruises where police are present just to make sure no ones being stupid and ive been ****ed over anyway, if the cars modified they will **** you!
SII_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 18:33   #30
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical

ii dont trust them, although the one at the meet wont do anything whos to say that TMU isnt waiting down the road for all of us to leave
They sit on the highway knowing that everyone goes there... whats the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SII_Turbo
Ive been to cruises where police are present just to make sure no ones being stupid and ive been ****ed over anyway, if the cars modified they will **** you!
If theyve picked you out of all of the other cars then you were probably asking for it.

Its is absolutely clear to me at the moment that with the attitudes that most people have here there will never be anything positive to come from this initiative and it wont break any boundaries.
Most people have shot it down before its even off the ground but then add in the 'if it does go ahead ill come!'

I cant exactly go and chat to an officer and say 'well all these guys think itll never work, they all hate cops and just want to race on the highway... but if you work with me then they'll come anyway'

This is a direct quote from a police officer. Ive blanked some details out. If I can get one of them onboard then who's to say I cant get more. If we're trying to do the right thing there shouldnt be an issue.

Quote:
Hey Brett.

We do a similar thing with the ********* cruises in Doncaster although just a police presence, not the booze bus. We don't have a problem with the enthusiasts. Maybe contact them and get some ideas. We've never had a problem. They video etc when the drivers are leaving and do say that regos will be reported to police. I've been there a few times and talk to a few, usually with good attitudes as well. It's a hard situation for you as people automatically think you're up to no good. I've got a few contacts out that way but it would be better if you could give me a better idea of where you wanted to do it so I can direct you to a specific person. I'd say forget about Knox because of everyones "friend" **** ******. I do know him and must say *************. A majority of police are OK and if you approach them with what you plan, won't have a problem with it. As long as they are aware of the situation it should be good. The biggest problem is with the hangers on. We used to have a meet at the ************ first Tuesday of the month. All the enthusiasts were great but the blow ins were the ones that made it hard for them doing burnouts etc.
What you plan is teriffic if you can get it off the ground. As I said, have a look at ************* and take it from there. Maybe even contact one of the moderators from there. They may have a police contact in the area you want. They also supply a flyer to everybody with the rules and post them on the forum as well.
Bottom line is that if you are trying to do the right thing, you WILL get support from the police. Let me know how you go or if you decide on an area, I should be able to get a reasonable contact for you. Maybe supply me with a mobile number so I could forward it to them.

Last edited by PROGMH; 24-02-08 at 18:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 18:42   #31
Chemical
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to Chemical
its gonna be hard man

how do you plan to go abouts doing this? a petition? maybe if you get enough numbers and the support of alot of people that want a designated meet spot they may consider it?
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 18:45   #32
SII_Turbo
People read these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH

If theyve picked you out of all of the other cars then you were probably asking for it.
Drove in, nothing stupid as i saw them theyre, wasnt doin anything suss, parked..got out with gf..locked..start walking away..he jogged over to me from his parked car and told me to unlock the car and pop the bonnet..... not real fair to me in a car park full of cars that are slammed on my guts and ive just got a cooler hangin out frnt of mine...on interceptors..nothing flash!

mate if u can get gaurantees from the police that the only people getting fined/prosecuted are the people doing the wrong thing! but until then who knows how they are going to react, and us young blokes have no leg to stand on when it comes to fighting any allegations mades towards us! ur gonna need to have it in a place not near public housing and so forthe, homeowners will complain and just cause issues!

what were your thoughts on areas?

Mate, i think its a great idea i just dont like your chances, we're a minority and the majority of people despise people who enjoy their cars, were all painted with the same brush as hoons, i just dont tsee that changing and in turn dont see us being given any freedom by the law enforcers!

Last edited by SII_Turbo; 24-02-08 at 18:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-02-08, 18:52   #33
EVL_VLT
Is this better :D

Car: Berlina Turbo, 2JZ-MKIV Supra, ZX2r Kawasaki, Ford Focus
Well i reckon its a fair idea. Im willing to help if needed. Its worth a shot to try and get it up off the ground. At least it looks like were trying to be proactive about the situation we have been dealt.

GIve it a go. You have my backing.

wallah bro
EVL_VLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 18:52   #34
SII_Turbo
People read these?

just saw wat u posted above! and agree.... knox s where i got done and by pettet..lol down our area is good mate...but its all pretty built up and your never going to please everyone with a central location!!!
Old 24-02-08, 18:57   #35
PROGMH

Car:
Ofcourse you'll never get a guarantee that you wont get a defect there - just like I cant guarantee them that no one is going to act in an illegal way or rock up with a highly illegally modified car.

People are intimidated by what the car culture represents, not the people or cars themselves.

I wouldnt call it 'freedom' from the law enforcers but maybe some communication and not misbehaving. Im hoping that with a little bit of decency that there is an enthusiast in the police force that agrees with me and can actually see that im trying to organise something for both partys. The thing is though if we stuff around then it jeopardises the whole thing for everyone. I would recommend them being strict on people! I wouldnt want idiots wrecking it for the majority!

I havnt thought of a location yet, give me a few days or even if anyone has any recommendations please pm me. Keep it away from knox, think of a well lit area and preferably away from housing.

Thanks guys,

Brett
Old 24-02-08, 19:21   #36
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
Your on the right track Brett, its a great Idea mate. Another way of cleaning up the perceptoin that every one who owns a modified car is a hoon would be to organise cruises for charity days, show people that there really is only a minority of people that are doing the wrong thing, and that not every one with a fast car is trying to kill some one. It works for the guys riding harley's, my missus old man went on a charity ride, put kids on the back and took them for rides on the weekend. Not one of them got hassled, heaps of bikes, and probably not one of the bikes was 100% road worthy.

Your on the right track Brett, would be great if we could organise something like this, even once a month. Maybe the cops would get to know some of us more personally and realise we are not all idiots, it could have really positive effects for us all.
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 20:17   #37
THC
Player

Car: 04 cv8 monaro 300rwk. Vl calais turbo project. White Vl sl turbo.
Trader Rating: (9)
it would be a really good thing but some hillbilly thats got nothing todo with the car scene / in a club will come and tryn show off and then it will risk it for every 1 ...... But if it was planed out right it could be a really good thing, and also my older brother used to have a car meet up at KK's close to frounten gate shops and its like on the side of a hwy kinda thing . but we ended up stoping them as it got far to cold in winter and it didnt really start up again. + we never had any probs with cops (but alot of people used to fly out onto cranbourne narre road and take off like a rockets) but that was like the only bad things that happend o and besides some nutjob that had the most Sh#test car every coming and almost losing it into some 1 elses car then them running away lol ( i used to have photos and videos but i have no clue where they are lol
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 20:23   #38
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
brett,

awesome idea mate i have had a few run ins with a certain officer at moorabin TMU who is a really reasonable down to earth guy and i would think, would listen to and provide feedback on your ideas.

i have a few points to consider though. you will need the support of the owners of the land and surrounding businesses in relation to their worries about damage and rubbish.

obviously speak to police about defects, (something like the VSS meets seems to work well)

remember its not just hooning but negative behaviour i general, (public drinking and the associated violence and general stupidity)

also you don't want to make an event with sponsors and whatnot so maybe track down and speak to the people who started these safe zones in other states and the affiliated police departments.

while i say i will suppoort it because i don't like getting moved alkong and harrased by police (even when it is raining and i am practicing safe driving by staying off of the road) i must admit i do enjoy seeing other idiots doing skids instead of u - turns and dragging up the highway and the following police pursuit (mainly for a laugh at how stupid they are.)

if you recon i can help in any way throw me a pm i will have a chat to my old fella' and see what he has to say on the subject.

Last edited by SIroller; 24-02-08 at 20:45.
SIroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-08, 08:57   #39
vl driftz
Player

Car: VR Turbo, Range Rover, VS Bt1
IMO good idea, as long as idiots didnt stuff it for everyone
Old 25-02-08, 18:35   #40
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
You will always get idiots turning up, I mean as long as the GRK-WPN's of the world are still allowed to waste perfectly good oxygen by breathing it, they will do stupid things. But if all the people that are doing the right thing point out the fools to the feds then it might show that we are not all GRK-WPN's!
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 09:28   #41
PROGMH

Car:
Anyone got any ideas for a location?
Old 26-02-08, 09:30   #42
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
Your house bretty!
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 09:32   #43
PROGMH

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph
Your house bretty!
lol... Hey I dont mind! The neighbours would love it.
Old 26-02-08, 10:56   #44
ONPSI

Car: XR ON 20z-CH1PP1
Trader Rating: (1)
id support this 100%..

love the idea!!!
ONPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 10:58   #45
misk
what 2jz?

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to misk
you can tell the cop was talking about VSS, and i was going to bring it up also.
although there are some dicheads and heros, the cops still support it and have rarely caused a scene. i think as long as you make it as something for ppl to go and do as a group, like even put on a BBQ that kinda thing...
the cop that replied above seems to be on the ball.
keep them informed and setup an event almost thats not just there for ppl to lurk, drink and be ***wits in general and you should get there support.

finding a venue that will share the same veiws will be hard.
and at the end of the day your pretty much setting up a cruise club event, so will be a bit of work, but not impossible.

and im sure there will be plenty of ppl on here and around that will support both what your planning and the planning itself
misk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 11:11   #46
PROGMH

Car:
Thanks misk.

That officer was actually talking about a different club. But you're on the ball with the other ideas and making a bit more of a friendly family atmosphere.
This cop is actually a car nut which helps!

I need a list of 3-4 locations so that I can check them all out, talk to the owners to get approval before I even speak to the police.

I remember the Cranbourne cruise nights used to be near bunnings and they used to sit a police car right at the entrance... NO ONE mucked around. As soon as the police presence was removed everyone misbehaved and the event got closed down. Theyve now moved it to a much better location (grass oval, one way in one way out).

But feed me some ideas guys... any of you work / know owners that have big lit up areas / warehouse carparks etc. I'd like to get the OK from one or two places before I go and chat to the police because I want it to look like Ive done my homework and not just rocked up unplanned.
Old 26-02-08, 11:23   #47
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
is that dr.legal from av8 brett?
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 11:44   #48
ONPSI

you could try sandown hotel carpark.. as it is on the hwy..

mt waverley business park.. which is on blackburn rd and forster rd in mt waverley..

brandon park shopping centre on springvale rd...

there is a heap of places out there... just dont know what area your looking for!!
Old 26-02-08, 11:51   #49
PROGMH

Car:
Kane: yes.

I'd want to try to steer clear of sandown park area... its a little too hot for my liking.
Ill have to have a look at mt waverly business park. Brandon Park shopping centre might be alright... the only thing is we couldnt just take over the carpark there as theyre open till 9 I think.

That sort of area is fine... the further away from knox the better though.
Old 26-02-08, 11:59   #50
ONPSI

also on furntree gully rd.. there is the warehouse/ factory area in there aswell.. like near the notting hill pub!!