User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
JD CUSTOM

Old 23-02-08, 18:18   #1
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Would you support this?

As we're all aware there is and has been for quite some time an uneasy feeling between the police and young car enthusiasts such as ourselves. We're all worried that theyre going to pull us up and give us a hard time because we're young and we like to spend copious amounts of our hard earned wages into our pride and joy.

What I have in mind is having a chat to a senior member of the force in the south eastern suburbs and try to organise a 'safe zone'. What I mean by that is that there is an organised carpark somewhere where we can all go on a friday night and meet up, have a chat, show off our cars and just generally catch up with mates (basically as we do on the highway now). I propose that there be police presence... set up a booze bus... defect pieces of **** and blatantly obvious dangerous vehicles.
It would be on the proviso that we dont do burnouts, race, drink drive or act like idiots and rub it in thier faces.
It will attract idiots... I would advise the police to treat these idiots as they should be treated... we should write down rego's of people leaving doing burnouts etc.

Wouldnt it be good to know that there is a spot every friday night to meet up, see some nice cars, catch up with friends and not have to worry about the force rocking up and blocking the area off so that they can defect everyone one by one.

It would work well for us... it would work well for them. They'll know where everyone is! They'll know we're not creating mayhem or drink driving.

Obviously if I went and had a chat to someone then I would need the support of alot of people to try to persuade them to give the idea a go. They do it in other states... so why not here.
Hot rodders get treated well because they dont misbehave (as much) and there are 100 times more hot rod events and meets than street machine / newer car meet ups. Can we behave?

Would you be interested? Would you show me your support?

Brett.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-08, 18:22   #2
Boeing77L
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Great initiative for those around the Eastern Suburbs! Good luck
Boeing77L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-08, 18:33   #3
SHIZNT
Red Rocket! Go!

Car: MY99 WRX
Trader Rating: (8)
Sorry brett but it would get outta control... first few times wouldnt be to bad... then you'd get evey man and his cousin & cousins cousin coming down... having a my ****s bigger than your's argument and ripping skids and causing all loads of trouble... alot of events like this have started out well and we're ruined by a majority of idiots showing up and wrecking it for everybody else...

Last edited by SHIZNT; 23-02-08 at 18:39.
SHIZNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-08, 18:38   #4
unknown
McFry

Trader Rating: (10)
i'd suport it bretty, but as you know no matter what happens or where it is, there will always be dumb c unts.

i think you'll have a hard time trying to get them onside especially when they know what alot of ppl actually go to the hwy for.. i know alot of ppl just go talk sh1t and whatever, but you cant say that we contest to seeing good racing and skids.
Old 23-02-08, 18:43   #5
PROGMH

Car:
I agree that there would be idiots turning up. Ofcourse I know what goes on, im there.
Maybe from the police point of view it would be organised mayhem with everyone knowing where to show up at each week. Hrmmm.
Old 23-02-08, 18:47   #6
SHIZNT
Red Rocket! Go!

Look at the Noble Park riots... we used to head down the HWY every friday night to the sandown hotel and eveything was sweet... then it got bigger & bigger and then all hell broke lose!
Old 23-02-08, 18:49   #7
PROGMH

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIZNT
Look at the Noble Park riots... we used to head down the HWY every friday night to the sandown hotel and eveything was sweet... then it got bigger & bigger and then all hell broke lose!
You can hardly compare that to what im proposing. There was NO police presence and these guys weren't there for the car scene. They were idiots out ot cause trouble.

Sandown is a perfect example... but its on and off, you have to move it along every 15 minutes cause the police rock up and tell you to move or threaten a defect.

Perfect example of what im talking about...

Click here

Quote:
Every third Thursday of the month in an abandoned carpark just north of Brisbane city, hundreds of car enthusiasts congregate and talk cars with one another without the looming concern of been targeted by Police.

That’s because officers from Boondal Police Traffic Branch have taken it upon themselves to run a ‘Legal Street Meet’ for enthusiasts and like-minded people. Roadsmart will be attending future meets and we encourage other enthusiasts to get involved so that we may see these events continue. The next meet at the Centro Toombul Carpark will be on March 20th 2008, commencement at 8pm. To see photo’s from the February ‘Legal Street Meet’ click here.

Last edited by PROGMH; 23-02-08 at 18:52. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23-02-08, 18:55   #8
old dude
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (6)
no chance

Hey Brett

You remember my Charger i took it to a couple of car shows way back

Good guys Nationals was one b 4 it was held at Shep it was held on the crn of Waverly & Springvale rd's obviously there was only quality cars there.Mate i drove there had a great but have way through the day the filth arrived had a sniff around and told the organizers(Chic Henry)that they would be waiting out side to slap as many canaries on as many cars as possible i rang a tow truck and had it taken home couldn.t enjoy my ride home so i think it to be a waist as they would have a ball pricks would run outa ink as the fat F#%ks would not have to try.

Been there so my friend if it was me i wouldn't wast me time.
old dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-08, 19:00   #9
{PIGYB8}
...FAT-747...

Car: white vl calais turbo (was VLTF18), now FAT-747
OH GOD!!!
A nother one of Bretts plans! LMFAO!!
Na just joking, I got ya back bretty.
Sure there will b idiots that will turn up, but if there is police present and there stupid enuf to do it infront of the cops, then they're gna cop it, its there own stupid fault.
The only hard part about it is, when your on your way there or back. Thats when the other cops will b waiting for us to cruise on by, and then bang! they canary us.
It mite work Brett, can't hurt giving it a try i guess.
Old 23-02-08, 19:01   #10
PROGMH

Car:
Im not proposing an 'everyone meet at sandown' event... but trying to incorporate the cooperation of the police... if thats possible (which I dont know if it is or not yet).

I guess its hard to understand for some people. I attend ALOT of hot rod and custom events... and theres maybe 1 police car... and not one single person ever gets harassed. Ive seen airbagged cars scraping the road up infront of police, blown, injected, alcohol fuelled, tubbed, caged cars, Ive even seen wheelie bars on the street... with not an issue in the world - because theyre on their best behaviour. It's no wonder we get harassed... its no wonder that older hot rodders think we're all ****heads...

Maybe Im hoping for what I want to see instead of the reality of it all.
Old 23-02-08, 19:02   #11
SHIZNT
Red Rocket! Go!

Alot of us went there for the cars... but where you have alot of cars and alot of people theres bound to be some trouble... look im not saying its a bad idea but this things usual dont last long..

I was associated with a group called the west coast cruisers... they held a carshow/meet over here in the western suburbs every month for people to show off the cars and chat... eveything was fine first few times... the word spread and people were coming from all over Vic to the meet and soon trouble started, burnouts, fights ect... people got worried about public liabilty because of damages to any houses or businesses in the area if a riot or something was to break lose... cops would attend and patrol the area and ofcourse people got there noses out of joint and got worried about canary's ect so it died down
Old 23-02-08, 19:36   #12
DIXIE
BANNED

Trader Rating: (15)
i'll support this 100%
DIXIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-08, 19:46   #13
Paranoid
Player

Car: Yellow BT1 - PICNIC - SOHC - No Tubs - No Turbo - 8sec Pass (1/8th Mile)
Trader Rating: (2)
yeh, i think it'll be great.. but as many have said you'll get the odd one or two.. other than that you'll have a huge amount of support from alot of people in the south east reigon.
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 00:00   #14
FeRgO
DOSE PIPE

Car: VYSS, HZ PREM
Trader Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid
yeh, i think it'll be great.. but as many have said you'll get the odd one or two.. other than that you'll have a huge amount of support from alot of people in the south east reigon.

cant see it happening. sorry but young people + cars = too many that will wreck it for everyone. ive given up hope that one day ill be able to go out in my pride and joy and not be hassled due to the MAJORITY that wreck it for everyone else. older blokes + ladies + hot rods = not a lot of attention because they have respect for others and appreciate what they are there for. how many hot rods do you see fanging it up and down the "HWY" on a friday/saturday night? fair enough people might behave at these proposed events but what they wont cop is people being reckless on their way to / way home from such events. it wont last long.

rant on from me i know but live in the s.e suburbs and wait all these years for something good to go our way and you get over it eventually. look what happened to tooradin.. its forgotten already
Old 24-02-08, 00:08   #15
[DANNY]
Player

Car:
great idea IN THEORY.

but getting the cops to go along with it? no way...
i dont meen to "poop the party",but if you think about it from the police point of view...

the new anti-hoon laws (AKA anti-fun for young car enthusiasts laws), meen they can pull you over whenever they want and fine/defect/confiscate your car/bike for whatever they want.

your fines (and the income they get for selling your re-possesed car) pays their bills!

why would they want to change things from how they are?

the sad truth is they dont give a sh*t, id love to be proved wrong here and see something like this happen but atm im in doubt.

brett you said yourself hot rodders have heaps of shows and stuff like that, TRUE they do, so why dont we? why isnt sandown racecourse open some weekends to so called "hoons"? as far as i know there are only a hand full of events that happen there throughout the year.

and i also hear that the place is going down the drain...
you only have to put 2 and 2 together.

why couldnt sandown be open to the public?
people pay to watch/drive, people can meet up and catch up with friends as you suggested and the "hoons" (or as i like to call em... P PLATERS!) can get the adrenaline rush theyre after.

food for thought

but welldone brett for tryna get something like this to kickoff, ill support it but i had to get all of the above off my chest.
[DANNY] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 00:22   #16
R34NRG
Player

Car: R34 Skyline
it wont work, too many f*ckheads will rock up. as PROGMH said, old hot rodders get away with it because they behave well, do you honestly think thats gonna happen from us (i say *us* very loosely)

the old rodders think we're a bunch of f*ckheads because we are (again, used very loosely) i went for a kebab the other night and a VLT rocked up, made quite obvious by the fact he was dosing it like crazy as he came in, he then drove past the kebab stand, dosed it, went through the neighbouring car wash, dosed it, drove around the back of it, dosed it, drove back through the carwash, dosed it, park and got a kebad, then had a similar exit. i ahte to admit it, but i think this type of person makes up the majority of VL owners, sh!t i'll probly do it when i turbo my car too hahahaha
R34NRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 06:56   #17
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DANNY]
great idea IN THEORY.

but getting the cops to go along with it? no way...
i dont meen to "poop the party",but if you think about it from the police point of view...

the new anti-hoon laws (AKA anti-fun for young car enthusiasts laws), meen they can pull you over whenever they want and fine/defect/confiscate your car/bike for whatever they want.

your fines (and the income they get for selling your re-possesed car) pays their bills!

why would they want to change things from how they are?

the sad truth is they dont give a sh*t, id love to be proved wrong here and see something like this happen but atm im in doubt.

brett you said yourself hot rodders have heaps of shows and stuff like that, TRUE they do, so why dont we? why isnt sandown racecourse open some weekends to so called "hoons"? as far as i know there are only a hand full of events that happen there throughout the year.

and i also hear that the place is going down the drain...
you only have to put 2 and 2 together.

why couldnt sandown be open to the public?
people pay to watch/drive, people can meet up and catch up with friends as you suggested and the "hoons" (or as i like to call em... P PLATERS!) can get the adrenaline rush theyre after.

food for thought

but welldone brett for tryna get something like this to kickoff, ill support it but i had to get all of the above off my chest.
Anti fun laws? Don't do skids, don't race, and your car is yours to keep?
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 08:03   #18
CHEFAI
Player

Car: I walk
Trader Rating: (16)
I guess its worth a try and well done for bringing it up. Ofcourse there will be people doing burnouts and hoonish behaviour....but if there is enough of the police they will be able to minimise that.

Setting up a booze bus is a good idea i rekon.....how often when you go out to car events there always is alcohol then violence
CHEFAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 08:09   #19
[DANNY]
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph
Anti fun laws? Don't do skids, don't race, and your car is yours to keep?
youve NEVER in you life spun your tyres on a public road? NEVER taken off from a red light while driving with mates? be honest...
[DANNY] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 09:28   #20
freEze_dK
The Lurker

Car:
Quote:
youve NEVER in you life spun your tyres on a public road? NEVER taken off from a red light while driving with mates? be honest...
everyone has,, but thats not what he's saying.. hes saying dont do what he mentioned and nothing will happen
Old 24-02-08, 10:01   #21
SRBMUU
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (6)
i think its a good idea. id support it 100% i actualy had a chat about this to my mate at work on friday saying just a carport or something where everyone with there cars can just hang would be excellent.
SRBMUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 10:39   #22
GMH-JC
3VOM

Car: 1950 Single Spinner (3VOM), 64 Rat Beetle, Japanese Rat Bobber
Trader Rating: (47)
Quote:
DANNY I think you need to read Kane's post again, and understand what you are reading.

And Brett its a good idea, but i will never go to these events, because then they know who you are and your car. Once this happens they will never leave you alone.

These older blokes with hot rods, you think they don't race? They are just smarter than the young people that cant help themselves, and get caught. Im not dissing your idea Bretty i just think it will be very very very very hard for you to achieve what you propose and i will support it in writing if need be..
GMH-JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 10:42   #23
{PIGYB8}
...FAT-747...

Car: white vl calais turbo (was VLTF18), now FAT-747
ye anywere doesnt have tio b sandown or sumthing like that.
LOL Who's hosting the 1st meet up at in there carport at home???
weres a good spot ot do it but??
Old 24-02-08, 10:44   #24
PROGMH

Car:
Guys,

You dont need to bring the hoon laws into this... if you're not acting in a hoon way then you wont get your car taken off you. Feel free to prove me wrong with copious examples of how your mate got his car taken off him cause his window tint was too dark etc.. It hasnt happened.

Also its a management thing. If it were to work then the police would need to manage the venue with walk arounds etc. Im thinking of a nice well lit up car park where everyone goes and takes photos etc.

Some of you guys have already admitted to doing wrong things and youve even labelled yourself as hoons! You whinge when something happens yet you call yourself the hoon.

Maybe it should be only for a certain time of the night... like 8pm - midnight and then they clear the carpark out after that... that would solve a few issues.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 24-02-08, 14:04   #25
Elnicos
Player

Car: vL bRo
Trader Rating: (10)
Well it's better to give it a go than not try at all. But it would be bloody hard, all you have to do is look at what happened at Tooradin. I'd support it 100% as long as you could get the cops involved and there was a ZERO tollerence for any illegal behaviour, easier said than done.
I'll be there, car will be done well and truly in time..
Elnicos is offline   Reply With Quote