Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Queensland
Calais Turbo Advertising

Old 02-01-09, 15:39   #76
exchaser
9.96@134mph

Car: 'ONC16'
Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via ICQ to exchaser
you're not putting anything in danger if u tune it correctly, and add a safety margin for the possibility of a not so good batch of fuel.

would be quite expensive if i were to drive my car everyday using toluene.. dont u think ? lol
Old 02-01-09, 15:44   #77
MAX PSI
Player

Car: vl calais RB26dett
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to MAX PSI
not as expensive as doing powercruise on c16 lol
Old 02-01-09, 16:08   #78
SHERIF
Player

Car: VLT BT1 HG GTS LC XU1 33F3WC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX PSI
not as expensive as doing powercruise on c16 lol
Who uses C16? I thought yours was pump plus plus
SHERIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 16:16   #79
MAX PSI
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherif
Who uses C16? I thought yours was pump plus plus
Ya it was pump...pumped out of a tin
Old 02-01-09, 17:10   #80
exchaser
9.96@134mph

of a tin that u so kindly left behind, which we put inside shermans tent with all the other rubbish.. hahah
Old 02-01-09, 17:45   #81
cmy747
Player

Car: 9.6@139 calais
Trader Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by exchaser
you're not putting anything in danger if u tune it correctly, and add a safety margin for the possibility of a not so good batch of fuel.

would be quite expensive if i were to drive my car everyday using toluene.. dont u think ? lol

i was more refering to risking an engine going after big power on pump(using pump is no problem)........you can only do so much on pump fuel........mine would probably only make 200hp on pump before i chickened out & went for some c16 lol
Old 02-01-09, 17:55   #82
MAX PSI
Player

there might be no diffrence pushing limits on pump and pushing limits on c16,you are both getting results in danger "limits",only diffrence is c16 is more controlled quality,well it better be for the price
Old 02-01-09, 18:29   #83
exchaser
9.96@134mph

Quote:
there might be no diffrence pushing limits on pump and pushing limits on c16,you are both getting results in danger "limits",only diffrence is c16 is more controlled quality,well it better be for the price
Yeah exactly... which kinda makes putting a 50/50 mix of pump/tol in ur car for 'safety' look like overkill.....

if u want 'safety' why not just stick to pump fuel without additaves and take a few degrees of timing out? that would be a cheaper alternative...

hahaha except wouldn't it be interesting and funny to see the power figures drop in the ass.... by the 100rwhp mark if there was no tol in the tank. :P
Old 02-01-09, 22:39   #84
sherman89
Player

Car: 'ONO 747' 8.81@157
Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to sherman89
Quote:
of a tin that u so kindly left behind, which we put inside shermans tent with all the other rubbish.. hahah
hahaha. 2 years in a row i have donated my tent to them, full of stuff...
Old 03-01-09, 10:34   #85
6BOOST
Where 4 out thou Maniman?

Car: 9 sec Corolla Panelvan
Trader Rating: (20)
To join the debate:

If you run straight pump fuel, or pump fuel with an off the shelf octane booster, thats PUMP FUEL

If you add tolulene, of any %, your not running pump fuel.

Sherif, I don't mean to single you out, but I'm sick of reading on this forum that you claim to run pump fuel. As stated, large %'s of tolulene can add enough safety margin for another 100+rwhp, especially on a "big" setup. Your car BEFORe you owned it always ran 30+% of tolulene, and you'd now like us to believe it makes more power, goes faster, and runs virtually none?? Whatever.

Why do people seem to feel the need to bullsh it about these sort of things to self inflate their performances? You car makes what it makes, it runs what it runs. Ollies car ran its 10.5 with 50% C16 in the tank, I guess that was "pump fuel" too as it was at least 50+%.

Tell you what, how bout we have a challenge, you tell us the % of tol you run, we drain your tank at the track, mix in front of our eyes the same % of BP ultimate and tolulene, fill her up and do a pass. Put the argument to rest once and for all.

6BOOST

PS, I have no problems with tolulene, I recommend/push my customers and friends to run it when making ANY kind of decent hp, including Ollie and colin's cars, I personally would never push a single cam 30 over 400rwhp WITHOUT at least running 30-50% tolulene or C16, I don't see it as cheating, there is no one to "cheat", we're all only our OWN competitors, unless of coarse we are bullsh iting about what we are running, to self inflate our performance.

Last edited by 6BOOST; 03-01-09 at 10:38.
6BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 12:17   #86
MAX PSI
Player

Hoff says its pump ITS PUMP

Old 03-01-09, 12:54   #87
OVL087
I wish I had an XE Falcon

Car: 9.90 @ 139mph
Trader Rating: (28)
ive got the real foto of the hoff , without the hoffs face hahahaha

oh max ur so cute
Old 03-01-09, 13:18   #88
CLNGMH
WHITEY

Car: NM Pajero & KTM300
Trader Rating: (39)
Or even a dyno day kyle, were you come to the event with an almost empty tank and go str8 pump fuel, see who's car goes ping ping.

Nar that wouldnt be cool, i think its time we all just get over what fuel is what and be happy with what you have, i mean there is alot of nice car's amongst us, some are drag setup, st or just a cruiser.
If you time is consistant, i.e, ollie, andy and MAX, then that is where your car is at consistantly.....
Old 03-01-09, 15:08   #89
OKE020
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Hoff says its pump ITS PUMP

hehe where is the rest of the pic, quality photoshop that one.

You guys need to run what you brung, useless comparing dyno figures really. Unless you can all run same diff gears/wheels, 1:1 locked top gear on the same dyno at the same time/temp etc then use vehicle weight to get a valid power/weight then the only way to compare the size of your ****s is a 1/4mile of black stuff.

I seen max run 139mph and his car would be heavier than sherif and it never made anything near 568rwhp obviously there is some variation in dyno calibration and ramp rates etc, hell my car miraculously picked up 36rwhp at a recent dyno comp and i was on straight 98 octane (instead of pump/tol) and the ambient temps where +10 degrees over the last dyno session i had.

You guys spend 1000s of dollars and hours and hours screwing the last few HP from your engines, if you are trying to be the fastest hardly makes sense to limit it with inferior fuel, i'd wager that 100% of your cars are not truely street legal anyway so why bother with a street legal fuel when it comes to these pissing contests.
OKE020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 15:59   #90
exchaser
9.96@134mph

Quote:
You guys spend 1000s of dollars and hours and hours screwing the last few HP from your engines, if you are trying to be the fastest hardly makes sense to limit it with inferior fuel, i'd wager that 100% of your cars are not truely street legal anyway so why bother with a street legal fuel when it comes to these pissing contests.
Cause we're not really talking about race fuel, or illegal modifications.
If you wanted to be the fastest, you wouldnt be using straight pump fuel, because its pretty limiting in terms of how much power u can make with it.

I think what the point of all the info posted is, is that it's not a true/accurate statement to claim that you run such and such a time and mph and make ### rwhp on pump fuel, when u dont..

and incase there is some confusion in what I just wrote... its kind of like building a tube chassis vl, which from the outside appears to be no different to any other vl, and then trying to hold the record in the standard chassis vl class..

or...

competing in street rear wheel drive with a set of 28x9's on the back, claiming that ur on et streets.... LOL

hope that kind of makes sense...
Old 03-01-09, 16:35   #91
OKE020
Player

Car:
As has been said, i think you vl people all have a very good idea of whats possible with an rb30 on low octane fuel with various gearbox/convertor setups as its been done eleventy billion times, dynos are never going to be an accurate way of comparing one car to the other even so anyone that differs by 20-30% obviously appears to be either "exaggerating" the figure or doing something radically different to the norm, (diff fuel, diff compression chamber shape / comp ratio / piston style, WI, ice intercooler etc)
Old 03-01-09, 17:49   #92
cmy747
Player

as has been said time & time again the race track never lies......
Old 03-01-09, 18:07   #93
MAX PSI
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmy747
as has been said time & time again the race track never lies......

I second this,with my 155mph pass,it dont lie

Old 03-01-09, 18:31   #94
cmy747
Player

ahhaaahaaaa.................i said the track, not the speed trap lol was your wheels that caused this?? i remember hearing about this ages ago
Old 03-01-09, 18:39   #95
MAX PSI
Player

on pump fuel too
Old 03-01-09, 19:09   #96
exchaser
9.96@134mph

hahha... on 12psi boost too hey keith !! lol

"with heaps more in it" too.... hahahhah

Last edited by exchaser; 03-01-09 at 19:27. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
exchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 19:36   #97
SHERIF
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BOOST
To join the debate:
Sherif, I don't mean to single you out, but I'm sick of reading on this forum that you claim to run pump fuel. As stated, large %'s of tolulene can add enough safety margin for another 100+rwhp, especially on a "big" setup. Your car BEFORe you owned it always ran 30+% of tolulene, and you'd now like us to believe it makes more power, goes faster, and runs virtually none?? Whatever.

Why do people seem to feel the need to bullsh it about these sort of things to self inflate their performances? You car makes what it makes, it runs what it runs. Ollies car ran its 10.5 with 50% C16 in the tank, I guess that was "pump fuel" too as it was at least 50+%.

Tell you what, how bout we have a challenge, you tell us the % of tol you run, we drain your tank at the track, mix in front of our eyes the same % of BP ultimate and tolulene, fill her up and do a pass. Put the argument to rest once and for all.

6BOOST

PS, I have no problems with tolulene, I recommend/push my customers and friends to run it when making ANY kind of decent hp, including Ollie and colin's cars, I personally would never push a single cam 30 over 400rwhp WITHOUT at least running 30-50% tolulene or C16, I don't see it as cheating, there is no one to "cheat", we're all only our OWN competitors, unless of coarse we are bullsh iting about what we are running, to self inflate our performance.
WOW never have I ever claimed or said I dont run Toluene, the exact amount would be around 30% max some times abit less, it dont bother me who runs pump fuel or pump/Tol or even pump/C16,
As for "inflat" my own performance hardly I dont really care about what anyone is doing or done and I know that dyno's differ from one to the other,
I personally dont see running pump/Tol as cheating nor not running a pump base fuel.......so guess we will just leave the arguement at the track
Old 03-01-09, 20:16   #98
OKE020
Player

Car:
Quote:
I second this,with my 155mph pass,it dont lie

haha i remember the log from that run, crossed the line at the same rpm as the 135 or so run previous, you must of used your secret lockup convertor for that pass
Old 03-01-09, 21:18   #99
exchaser
9.96@134mph

Quote:
WOW never have I ever claimed or said I dont run Toluene, the exact amount would be around 30% max some times abit less, it dont bother me who runs pump fuel or pump/Tol or even pump/C16,
As for "inflat" my own performance hardly I dont really care about what anyone is doing or done and I know that dyno's differ from one to the other,
I personally dont see running pump/Tol as cheating nor not running a pump base fuel.......so guess we will just leave the arguement at the track
Yeh there is not really any argument tho, this is a discussion more than anything... there is no taking anything away from your nine second pass, your car, the power figure or the mph... the only thing is tho, we dont all seem to be talking about the 'same' thing when the word 'pump' is used...

Last edited by exchaser; 03-01-09 at 21:21.
exchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 21:59   #100
SHERIF
Player

Quote:
Yeh there is not really any argument tho, this is a discussion more than anything... there is no taking anything away from your nine second pass, your car, the power figure or the mph... the only thing is tho, we dont all seem to be talking about the 'same' thing when the word 'pump' is used...
Well like I said it dont worry me one singal bit,
but for 6Boost to say
(Sherif, I don't mean to single you out, but I'm sick of reading on this forum that you claim to run pump fuel.)

Well since you use Bp Ultimate/TOL thats not using a pump base fuel thats fine with me.............guess it's the same as using a custom ground cam shaft with a standard head, guess the head's not standard because of the cam shaft..........
just sorry for the people in the vl scene wanting to catch up.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKE020

I seen max run 139mph and his car would be heavier than sherif and it never made anything near 568rwhp obviously there is some variation in dyno calibration and ramp rates etc, hell my car miraculously picked up 36rwhp at a recent dyno comp and i was on straight 98 octane (instead of pump/tol) and the ambient temps where +10 degrees over the last dyno session i had.
l think our cars would be very same or mine actually heavier as I have 9inch full steel cage(not half and moly) 1 piece tailshaft much larger diameter and thicker wall size and thats only a few things to name a few......

Last edited by SHERIF; 04-01-09 at 05:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost