User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
G-Cylinder

Old 01-12-03, 22:26   #26
Red RB30 Jet
Player

Car: VL
Trader Rating: (8)
HSVL that Morning blue calais is a 5.0 V8, I actually repaired the front of that car, the previous owner smacked the front of it into the back of another car.

It drives ok too.

Is'nt STOCK6's engine the old George Kossivis engine from the white Calais back in the early days, George split the car up and sold it with a stocker motor.
Mighty neat car, and one we don't see or hear of too much.
Red RB30 Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-03, 16:53   #27
FLWLSS
VLCalaisTurbo GasResearch

Car: VL Calais Turbo (Gas Research), Toyota 4wd
Trader Rating: (3)
yer it was expected to be at heathcote but wasnt finished in time,

GO hard or GO home!
GAS RESEARCH!!
FLWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-03, 11:12   #28
87_DeVL
///ALPINE

Car: 87 VLCT
Trader Rating: (27)
Stock-6 is a 10 second car

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_1013/article.html
87_DeVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-03, 22:33   #29
Red RB30 Jet
Player

I have seen STOCK-6 at Calder a couple of years back when he ran a few 10 second passes.

And reading that article in autospeed clarify's the old George Kossivis engine, I can actually remember seeing the ad in the trading post for the engine, and then the car complete with the aerotech interior with a stocko turbo engine.

Who owns the old George Kossivis white calais now? Anyone.
Old 09-12-03, 11:56   #30
FLWLSS

it should go faster now, its has a different setup on it, and rajabs are doing alot of work on it aswell

GO hard or GO home!
GAS RESEARCH!!
Old 09-12-03, 12:12   #31
Springer
BANNED

Car: VS 5ltr
Trader Rating: (0)
Jeez How come STOCK-6 left JPC FLWLSS,it seems most of there fast customer cars have abandoned them..ie PANNIC,VLGMH,(X)EVLCOP,STOCK6..etc
Also whats been done at Rajabs and whats expected now from it.
Can it be that another 9sec VL coming out again soon onto the Top10 list.Jerry
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-03, 22:25   #32
Red RB30 Jet
Player

Springer could it be because people are sick of paying through the roof to get work performed on a old car, that according to insurance companys is only worth $6,200 buy the book?

Look at the few quick BA turbos on fullboost at last fridays calder street meet, looks to me as if alot of people will start dumping VL's to race BA's.

Newer heavier car that is capable of running a 10, has'nt happened yet in Vic as I'm aware of but it will happen, Nizpro have already developed a plenum and bigger intercooler for the Ba's.
Old 10-12-03, 14:25   #33
Springer
BANNED

Car: VS 5ltr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red RB30 Jet
Springer could it be because people are sick of paying through the roof to get work performed on a old car, that according to insurance companys is only worth $6,200 buy the book?

Look at the few quick BA turbos on fullboost at last fridays calder street meet, looks to me as if alot of people will start dumping VL's to race BA's.

Newer heavier car that is capable of running a 10, has'nt happened yet in Vic as I'm aware of but it will happen, Nizpro have already developed a plenum and bigger intercooler for the Ba's.

True Red RB30 Jet but all these other workshops that these guys have moved there VL's onto cant be giving there stuff away of doing labour for near nothing.

Sure BA's are great i'd love 1 myself but there also very expensive right now as there still coming off the showroom floors and these cars havent fallin into the catergory of VL's as yet they still have to do the hard yards, in my opinion there's a loooong way to go development wise with these cars and i'd hate to be the guinea pig thats supplying some workshop my brand new car only to tell me sorry your new cars just thrown a rod we need better rods now or the transmissions slipping you need to upgrade.Stuff that crap

When there more affordable and the warranty's have long gone then they'll be worth it as many hi-po companys would have worked out there weak spots by then.Jerry
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-03, 15:13   #34
CHAYSR
Still here...

Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
Apparently APS have taken it up to Nizpro and have an XR6T that ran 11's on the weekend??
CHAYSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-03, 16:00   #35
FLWLSS

**** fords good old VLTS the day a ford ba beats the VLT tittle i will laugh, ford ba's might be have come on hard, but they will die off just as fast, i cant see the ford ba developing as much potential as the VLT has over the years

"looks to me as if alot of people will start dumping VL's to race BA's."
think ull find the VL boys sticking to there own to blow those fords away

few people have left JPC for there own reasons, not money issues

GO hard or GO home!
GAS RESEARCH!!

Last edited by FLWLSS; 10-12-03 at 16:03.
Old 10-12-03, 17:19   #36
Challa
Player

Car: '90 Shackbomb Pulsar and the cruising car Mums 87 VL Exec.
Send a message via MSN to Challa
FLWLSS man i agree wit u. i aint liking these new fords one bit. when the new BA turbos came out and won car of the year i absolutely flipped. i was like man i cant believe it ford had to put a turbo in their car just to win car of the year and boost up sales. what a joke. and to this day i stick by it. fords have been in the red the past few years to their own fault with the au falcon that looked like a bubble on wheels, if anything stuffed them up it was that. the past couple of years when holden won c.o.t.y it wasnt the s or the ss that won it, it was the acclaim and i think calais too. for this performace car to win the category of best sedan was wrong.

my 2 cents

u reckon i hate fords?
Old 10-12-03, 17:25   #37
Challa
Player

Car: '90 Shackbomb Pulsar and the cruising car Mums 87 VL Exec.
Send a message via MSN to Challa
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLWLSS
**** fords good old VLTS the day a ford ba beats the VLT tittle i will laugh, ford ba's might be have come on hard, but they will die off just as fast, i cant see the ford ba developing as much potential as the VLT has over the years
no way in the world. the calais turbo is like an icon in australian motor car history. the ba turbo will never take over that title.
Old 10-12-03, 22:57   #38
Red RB30 Jet
Player

Well love em or hate em the Ford BA turbos will start takeing over dragstrips in Australia thats my prediction.

And yes they are expensive at the moment but you will find most of the BA's at the strip are lease cars put under company names or simply fools who hock there ass off to get finance on one.

I'd love one if I could afford it but I will stick with my dirty old calais turbo for now.