CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Readers Rides > VL Turbos
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Old 16-09-07, 21:34   #1
[SLY.747]
LMCT 696969

Car: VZ HBD Calais 5.7, XR5 Turbo with the lot lol
Trader Rating: (12)
My Candy Apple Red Manual VL

Hey pplz,
thought id make a thread for the sake of it!!!

Bought this thing off a member here for a decent price, Candy apple red, s2 beige immac calais interior, n/a, took it straight home and pulled the front and rear bars off due to some damage and the rear bar being grey....theyre getting painted this week, have also pulled off a few bits and pieces i didnt want n/a extractors/venetians etc and sold them so the car owes me bugger all really, and i wanted a project for the next few months till i get my license.

have a complete VLT exh manifold with t3 here, now bolted on, and bolting on complete VLT inlet manifold during the week, computer, 2.5" dump pipe, FMIC (going on in couple weeks once i get rwc and reg, already has 3" from cat back, also have a boost gauge/turbo timer on the way for the sake of it.

once the cars running etc im going to throw a couple extra injectors off a hobbs switch, bosch 044, and a cam and boost it up with a good tune hi comp for now till it blows then ill play!

Future Plans:
Forged motor, Custom plenum, Microtech, gt35/40, r33 5spd, VL turbo 3.45 mini spool diff, and a few other bits n pieces sooner rather than later

paint is not to bad tho once i finish motor etc completely im sure ill give it a respray, going with the silver cepta, chrome trims, chrome centrecap look as i want a sleeper cos ill be driving it daily once done..this is the 9th VL between me and the misses (3 turbo, 1 injected 5.0, 2 carby 308, 1 carby 333, 2 n/a's and this) and we all know what the TMU think of em!
This is the first one ive converted and bothered to push, the others were factory vlt or 8's converted the misses's calais but always left it on stock boost for her, but now curiosity has got the better of me and i wanna see what i can put it thru at a budget before i go all out!
Will put some updates up next week when i get bumpers back, and put it back together......as i didnt even take fotos before i pulled it apart.

heres some photos from the previous owner, looks same without wheels really.

Last edited by [SLY.747]; 09-12-07 at 16:02.
[SLY.747] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-07, 18:14   #2
[SLY.747]
LMCT 696969

updates:

Turbo inlet manifold on - waiting on dump pipe to be delivered, and just gotta put dizzy in, new oil/filters/plugs/leads, standard crossover and airbox for reg.

Bumpers, Top moulds, Side Moulds, Grille all at painters getting done asteroid silver as i decided to go the sleeper look for less attention from the po-po, should have them back by end of the weekend and ill put it back together!

Now sits on 15 x 7" Silver Interceptors with chrome trims, chrome centre caps & nuts (Part of the Sleeper Look)
Also got silver/candy red sports steering wheel and gear knob for the sake of it!
Getting there slowly tho pretty happy with the progress

Last edited by [SLY.747]; 09-12-07 at 16:02.
Old 20-09-07, 18:45   #3
leb vlt
Roll Cage Territory

Car: 10.8 @ 121 mph
Trader Rating: (62)
Send a message via MSN to leb vlt
looks nice bro

HEKTIK FENCING, hit us up for a free quote 0403307549
leb vlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-07, 18:47   #4
E-Z
token giraffe guy

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via MSN to E-Z
good work man, get some recent pics up!
E-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-07, 19:52   #5
[SLY.747]
LMCT 696969

will do during the week when its all back together and cleaned up! atm its in the garage stripped of all bumpers and moulds lookin like ****!! lol
Old 20-09-07, 21:36   #6
silverRB
Now back on ceptors

Trader Rating: (10)
You picked that up for $1000...that's a top buy mate, well done. Looks like an excellent car for a nice big project.
silverRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-07, 21:51   #7
VLT-025
Liquer/Poker

Car: They have 4 wheels and aren't making me rich
Trader Rating: (25)
Fark, I love that color! $1000? And the interior looks pretty damn clean as well. You couldn't have asked for a better starting point, can't wait to see it together.

Well done

Last edited by VLT-025; 20-09-07 at 21:54. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
VLT-025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-07, 22:07   #8
[SLY.747]
LMCT 696969

heres a couple pics of the turbo, cooler, piping, and inlet manifold, was going to paint it all up but thought no point really, as when i go forged ill be cleaning up the engine bay, and custom plenum means new piping anyway, so ill probably just sell this stuff when i change it all, or bolt it onto the misses's car as shes lookin at getting another VL as well. that will make it 10 of these things we have owned between us! *headache*

Last edited by [SLY.747]; 09-12-07 at 16:03. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-09-07, 10:51   #9
E-Z
token giraffe guy

lovin it sick
Old 21-09-07, 11:51   #10
G
370RWKW

Car: XR6T
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to G
is this lazo's old car?
how do you get cars lookin so good?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-07, 12:11   #11
[SLY.747]
LMCT 696969

Quote:
Originally Posted by G
is this lazo's old car?
yer was lazo's old car, tell him i said thanks for leaving all the wheel nuts done up finger tight some not even that, and watching me drive off with a half hour drive at 100km/h ahead of me.......some people are just *** idiots.
i got home and went to take the wheels off and not one of the nuts were tight.....lazo is very lucky a wheel didnt fall off cos i would have been back at his house throwing that wheel thru the front window
Old 21-09-07, 12:12   #12
E-Z
token giraffe guy

whoaa!!
Old 21-09-07, 12:28   #13
[SLY.747]
LMCT 696969

lol @ E-Z
well its fair enough, when u buy a car off some1 u would at least expect the wheels to be tight? i pulled every wheelnut off without a wheelbrace ffs. hes lucky they didnt come off at 100 clicks on the way home!
Old 21-09-07, 12:49   #14
fullsick
I'll get you my pretty!

Car: One lonely little 5 spd Calais.
Trader Rating: (10)
Wow, that is one awesome colour, and the interior is beautiful. Good Luck.
fullsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-07, 12:59   #15
[SLY.747]
LMCT 696969

yer i love the colour, always been a fan of STOCK.6 candy apple red calais turbo, tho the thing never sees the road lol! theres a few minor marks/scratches on it, thinkin of putting a fibremaster calais front, calais sideskirts, and calais rear end, seen as tho i have gone asteroid silver on the bars, but see what happens later on down track just want it together now! lol

only prob is they didnt paint engine bay and door jams (still burgundy) i dont mind the door jams, but when i build a forged engine ill be painting the bay for sure.

this is the stock.6 im talkin bout, wouldnt mind mocking it up as a calais like this, except with polished calais rims and whitewalls mmmmm, see wat happenz!

few pics of stock.6, in my eyes this is one of the best calais turbo's ever built, pics dont do it justice tho they are a few years old.

Last edited by [SLY.747]; 21-09-07 at 13:07. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-10-07, 14:39   #16
[SLY.747]
LMCT 696969

Update: Got a chance to get some work done on the car during the week in my spare time, got the turbo inlet manifold on, dump pipe on, standard crossover and airbox on, mechanically i just have to put the dizzy back in and fill it up with oil and should be right to go!
Also found time to get the side moulds on, bumpers and moulds will go on this week during the week, just waiting on a new bonnet cable and boot lock and im ready for RWC and rego!
also in the process of making a custom holder for boost gauge and turbo timer out of the calais sunglasses holder, will get some pics up when im done.

few other things i got done cant think of right now but ill update again later on in the week with some pics, hoping to have it reg'd in the next couple of weeks so i can put the FMIC on, 044 pump etc, as i only have 6 weeks left till i finally get my license back, been a long waitttttttt!!!!!!
Old 12-10-07, 16:34   #17
[SLY.747]
LMCT 696969

update: getting the car rwc and reg in the next 2 weeks, sad to say boys its coming home and getting the FMIC put on and thats about it, will be sitting on standard boost etc as ive decided to give it to the misses to drive for now as she wants a VL and i really CBF having 2 of them again, so ive decided to buy myself a 4 x 4 (as i need one for the boat racing im getting into as a towcar its travelling around australia with 2 boats loaded on 2 trailer) and she can just drive the VLT, still means ill get to drive it, probably going to save up over the next 6 months or so and buy her something newer, then ill throw the VLT back in the garage and go all out
still the mod's arent cancelled just on hold for the time being, car will still be hitting the street daily, wether it be me or the misses driving it, just dont want to boost it thru the roof for her lol!
will definitely push the limits of the n/a motor before i take it back off the road in 6 months time or so, if its still alive LOL, after all i have all the pieces here that i need fuel system wise to be able to turn the boost up, so ill just hold onto them!

all this is only happening because i refuse to own 2 vl's again!
and i wont sell my car to buy a 4 x 4 lol, so we had to come to some sorta agreement!

p.s: no doubt ill still hit a few cruises in it

Last edited by [SLY.747]; 12-10-07 at 16:35. Reason: Automerged Doublepost